Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
Having owned an E36 irl, here are what's wrong with this car:
If someone can please tell me what's wrong with the M3s tailights that'd be great because I'm looking at them and can't see anything wrong.
Front kidney grill is slight off
190e948975d9-screenshotUrl.jpg

Rear tail light have too much clear transparent effects letting us see through to the bulbs too much .
190e947fa1c89-screenshotUrl.jpg

It should be a bit more opaque
190e947960e71-screenshotUrl.jpg

Was able to reproduce my dream version in "Techno Purple":

190e94950c366-screenshotUrl.jpg

190e949614e6-screenshotUrl.jpg

Attachments

• 190e94976ef24-screenshotUrl.jpg
    190e94976ef24-screenshotUrl.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 5

View attachment 1375217

Rear tail light have too much clear transparent effects letting us see through to the bulbs too much .
View attachment 1375221
It should be a bit more opaque
View attachment 1375222

Was able to reproduce my dream version in "Techno Purple":

View attachment 1375223

View attachment 1375224
Finally a person with common sense. I thought I noticed that too with the kidney grille it's definitely off. The most realistic thing about this car is the coolant temp needle in cockpit view. Gotta love E36 cooling systems. Also....Daytona>Techno

First time I try a physics change after playing a game a lot on the days beforehand so it really felt very different - and I'm usually bad at catching these differences.

The tweaks to the ABS thingy caught me by surprise at first, but now it feels more natural to try and modulate braking, feel the car a little more. The suspension and tire changes makes me feel like "theres more going on" as the cars navigate the tracks.

Also, feels like the Jimny race at Eiger was meant to show the suspension stuff real hard 😅

Finally, noticed that my old cars with CS tires still have the generic Comfort logo. Only if I buy new shoes I get the Michelin logos.

Loving this update. Had tons of fun driving in it already <3

Last edited:
Finally, noticed that my old cars with CS tires still have the generic Comfort logo. Only if I buy new shoes I get the Michelin logos.
This is something I was wondering about. It's a shame we would have to go back and change tyres on all our existing cars to get the Michelin branding.

View attachment 1375217

frt-standard-scale-2_00x.png

g.png

You're right it does look like they go up and inward at the bottom, it's very rare for PD to mess up proportions like this.

The taillights definitely don't look 100% but not too bad, but PD usually nail this stuff so yea I get the complaints

Last edited:
This is something I was wondering about. It's a shame we would have to go back and change tyres on all our existing cars to get the Michelin branding.
So, the ones with Sport tires already have the Michelin ones. I just saw the old logo in the Comf tires. Maybe its some solace? x3

Finally a person with common sense. I thought I noticed that too with the kidney grille it's definitely off. The most realistic thing about this car is the coolant temp needle in cockpit view. Gotta love E36 cooling systems. Also....Daytona>Techno
To be honest I do not see the major difference in the taillights you were pointing out in your pictures either. And I did own an E36, too, so I know them. Only in the pictures CTznOfTime posted above, the taillights do look terrible, like cheap aftermarket parts like you said. That said, you can't blame people for not being able to spot that when you post pictures in which the taillights look okay.

Last edited:
View attachment 1375227

You're right it does look like they go up and inward at the bottom, it's very rare for PD to mess up proportions like this.

The taillights definitely don't look 100% but not too bad, but PD usually nail this stuff so yea I get the complaints
If you actually see the M3 in the garage gameplay…. Or any other actual game-play, photo mode the taillights do not look like that… They look best with actual environmental lighting.Also I cant see what’s wrong with the grills.

IMG_8406.jpeg
IMG_8407.jpeg
IMG_8404.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone know what this means?

10. Replays
 - There is now a Playback Bar Option where the playback position can be adjusted.

That's what tyres normally look like though... I don't know what yours look like but mine (regardless of brand) come with embossed branding. Speaking about street tyres, not track-specific tyres...

I'm not talking about the comfort (street tyres) my gripe is in relation to the racing compounds which in the pictures have the writing on the tyre walls but when placed on the vehicle they are black.

Anyone know what this means?

10. Replays
 - There is now a Playback Bar Option where the playback position can be adjusted.
If you press the R2 button in the replay, it shows a playback bar, like you have in most video streaming apps. You can scroll through the whole race -- still in 10-second increments -- instead of having to use the lap and jump buttons.

I'm not talking about the comfort (street tyres) my gripe is in relation to the racing compounds which in the pictures have the writing on the tyre walls but when placed on the vehicle they are black.
Oh, really? Have you got a screenshot?

Back