Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 889 comments
Stop it. Cars don’t lift their rear tires off the ground due to hard braking, let alone uphill.
coffee starbucks GIF

Not a car 😜🤣

GIF by Top Gear

LOL, I would like to thank you for picking up the torch where I left off 🤣

You can test until you are blue in the face, you won't repeat these allegedly game breaking bugs, unless you try something like the video I quoted above.

Lol.. I am not trying to fight disrespect or anything in that matter… I was told multiple things from different folks who all agree on the same matter which is cool. Posted a video which was not enough evidence or proof.. I asked for that evo set up to try it out so I’m still waiting for that but in the meantime I did a couple of laps in the so called broken Mondial.

I used eiger again for its a demanding track on the cars suspension. Drove the car in stock form and again how is the car broken.. besides feeling like an old car the car was fun to drive around the track.

Last edited:
I used eiger again for its a demanding track on the cars suspension.
I haven’t tried the 500 Mondial myself, but you are better off hitting kerb stones (the elevated kind) if you want to expose the suspension bug. You won’t find any of these kerb stones on Eiger.

I haven’t tried the 500 Mondial myself, but you are better off hitting kerb stones (the elevated kind) if you want to expose the suspension bug. You won’t find any of these kerb stones on Eiger.

Dude can you just like, not read or what? Nothing said there is either wrong, or what you are saying.

Some cars are undrivable now, ala the Mondial. The Evo was not mentioned there.
The Evo's issues are greater the grippier the tyre as it generates more compression. Nothing said about stock cars.
Cars that are completely stock do do this. Again, the Mondial for example. The Evo was again, not mentioned there.

I don't understand how many times I need to say this for you to understand but the issue is physics under high compression so yes, driving to not hit high compression isn't going to show you a bug related to high compression. It's not rocket science ffs
You literally said the Mondial is undriveable… it drove on a demanding Eiger track just fine.. This kerb you speak of would we normally use this kerb if we were racing or is it a kerb known to upset one’s suspension especially in an old car?

You literally said the Mondial is undriveable… it drove on a demanding Eiger track just fine.. This kerb you speak of would we normally use this kerb if we were racing or is it a kerb known to upset one’s suspension especially in an old car?
You are using a controller?

Edit: so in terms of feel you can't feel that much.

Just saying is all.

Last edited:
You are using a controller?

Edit: so in terms of feel you can't feel that much.

Just saying is all.
T-GT-II with clutch and 7 speed, and I can feel everything. I use interior view Wobble 2 cam so the car/chassis is definitely soft and moves a bit, but i expect that and it not Undriveable.

You don't need a wheel to "feel" a car in GT7. If this was the case the game would be unplayable on controller, which simply isn't true. If one is accustomed to driving games, they'll be able to feel when the car loses grip, and counter steer affectively. They'll be able to gauge braking points, etc. etc.

Saying you need a wheel to "feel" a car in this game sounds like a classic elitism viewpoint.

You don't need a wheel to "feel" a car in GT7. If this was the case the game would be unplayable on controller, which simply isn't true. If one is accustomed to driving games, they'll be able to feel when the car loses grip, and counter steer affectively. They'll be able to gauge braking points, etc. etc.

Saying you need a wheel to "feel" a car in this game sounds like a classic elitism viewpoint.
Firstly, the point of wheels and pedals are more realistic immersion. Both the wheel and the pedals can provide feed back your thumbs and fingers can't.

It is not an elitism view point, it's about a direct drive/belt wheel has vs a controller that just vibrates a bit.

The reality is I feel less tension in my wheel when understeering, I "feel" more weight in the car which makes momentum management trickier than just flicking left and right.

Controller players can be absolutely rapid and lots of the top 100 can play with them.

But quite frankly it's probably the lack of actual feel that makes controllers easier to use. Hence why most of us (not all) will do dirt races on controller and track races on wheel.

The only elitism being touted came from you. And if you can feel more is a DS 5 than load cell pedals and a DD wheel fair play mate.

Edit:

@JDMKING13

Fair enough, I had a TGT2 and TLCMs moved to the DD stuff and it's a step up. If/when you can or want to DD is a nicer drive. But the TGT2 is a fine wheel with TLCMs there is just that last 5% it lacks but jedda uses one.....

Last edited:
Firstly, the point of wheels and pedals are more realistic immersion. Both the wheel and the pedals can provide feed back your thumbs and fingers can't.

It is not an elitism view point, it's about a direct drive/belt wheel has vs a controller that just vibrates a bit.

The reality is I feel less tension in my wheel when understeering, I "feel" more weight in the car which makes momentum management trickier than just flicking left and right.

Controller players can be absolutely rapid and lots of the top 100 can play with them.

But quite frankly it's probably the lack of actual feel that makes controllers easier to use. Hence why most of us (not all) will do dirt races on controller and track races on wheel.

The only elitism being touted came from you. And if you can feel more is a DS 5 than load cell pedals and a DD wheel fair play mate.
Classic. You're the one touting how wheels so much superior. But I love it, move the goalposts. Since we're moving them goalposts; how much did you spend for "feel" and "immersion" hmm? 500+ USD for a peripheral for one game?

Edit:

@JDMKING13

Fair enough, I had a TGT2 and TLCMs moved to the DD stuff and it's a step up. If/when you can or want to DD is a nicer drive. But the TGT2 is a fine wheel with TLCMs there is just that last 5% it lacks but jedda uses one.....
I feel what both of you are saying but I don’t know where he got the elite talk from… Yea I also got them pedals and they help me big time! I’m thinking about getting the TM DD wheel though.

on a wheel when the car understeers it gives ffb, on a controller I do not recall the steering joystick having any particular difference in tension when the car understeers. Elitists lmao *effectively

See what I mean? Those people who are reading. You talk negatively about their fancy toy and they get butthurt about it. If they weren't harboring some sort of superiority complex, they wouldn't have feelings of being insulted and/or feelings of insecurity.

Last edited:
Classic. You're the one touting how wheels so much superior. But I love it, move the goalposts. Since we're moving them goalposts; how much did you spend for "feel" and "immersion" hmm? 500+ USD for a peripheral for one game?
It's not classic mate, it's literally the physical manifestation of driving a car. Unless you want to control the Titan submersible with a logitec controller, the best way that is currently used in racing and the billions of cars is a wheel and pedals?

No goal posts were moved.

What I paid for my hobby is money spent on getting more out of my hobby. I enjoy what I put in, I want to have more fun and get better. The whole sim racing scene revolves around this. Max Verstappen doesn't play iRacing with a controller?

You do you mate and as I said there are world tour drivers that use controllers but in the finals they have to use the wheels (TGT last year, DD Pro this year)

So if the makers of the game design it to be competitive with "peripherals" i mean...

If I was playing a fishing sim I'd buy a digital rod. I have 3 guitar hero, rock band guitars collecting dust, because the most fun way to play a guitar rhythm game is with a guitar 🤷‍♂️

See what I mean? Those people who are reading. You talk negatively about their fancy toy and they get butthurt about it. If they weren't harboring some sort of superiority complex, they wouldn't have feelings of being insulted and/or feelings of insecurity.
Mods please merge the cross post, apologies.

This will be the last thing I will say on this. You do you and I'll do me. We have opinions and that is what the actual word forum means.

Do I drive my real car and my virtual car with a wheel and pedals great.

Can I consistently place in the top 500 for TT or daily race TT, mostly it depends.

So where I'm at is that my opinions are formed from a different experience base than yours, this is not elitism or boasting. This is a racing forum and if you venture to the other sub forums the ACC and iRacing boys setups will blow your mind.

It's not classic mate, it's literally the physical manifestation of driving a car. Unless you want to control the Titan submersible with a logitec controller, the best way that is currently used in racing and the billions of cars is a wheel and pedals?

No goal posts were moved.

What I paid for my hobby is money spent on getting more out of my hobby. I enjoy what I put in, I want to have more fun and get better. The whole sim racing scene revolves around this. Max Verstappen doesn't play iRacing with a controller?

You do you mate and as I said there are world tour drivers that use controllers but in the finals they have to use the wheels (TGT last year, DD Pro this year)

So if the makers of the game design it to be competitive with "peripherals" i mean...

If I was playing a fishing sim I'd buy a digital rod. I have 3 guitar hero, rock band guitars collecting dust, because the most fun way to play a guitar rhythm game is with a guitar 🤷‍♂️
See that's all you had to say really. You (neither do I) need to go on and on anymore in circles the technicalities of using a wheel. Just say you like it and move on. To me it's just a game and I don't need feedback in my fingers to enjoy it, if you do you do. That's ultimately why I spun you around, I wanted you to admit that at the end of the day it doesn't matter what setup a person uses provided they enjoy it.

See that's all you had to say really. You (neither do I) need to go on and on anymore in circles the technicalities of using a wheel. Just say you like it and move on. To me it's just a game and I don't need feedback in my fingers to enjoy it, if you do you do. That's ultimately why I spun you around, I wanted you to admit that at the end of the day it doesn't matter what setup a person uses provided they enjoy it.
Enjoy the game however you play it.

Don't criticise others for playing it their way spending money on it or calling them elite.

The only person you spun round was you.

(I'm really enjoying this btw)

They want you to drive over the kind of curbing, at a speed, that would destroy the suspension IRL and they say that a little bouncing is unrealistic, despite proof from the real world that it is indeed realistic.

It's just different from before, when people could crash over the curbing to the extreme and have no ill effects. Now, that exploit is gone, and they are sad.

Kudos for testing the Mondial. I didn't have one to test, but I suspected it woudl behave as you have shown. Definitely perfectly drivable.

HarVee baby, you argue with another dude that a wheel gives no more clues to driving than a controller.... I play with both and that is incorrect, it may appear you have a bit of a complex which creates drama where there is none. If you said the wheel was smaller than the controller I would have corrected you as well ..... leave emotions for children and women. After all this is serious stuff , video games yo .....

Enjoy the game however you play it.

Don't criticise others for playing it their way spending money on it or calling them elite.

The only person you spun round was you.
Nah. But you're free to think that. You don't know what my intention was, nor do you know what my viewpoint actually was. It's easy to take things at face value, isn't it?

They want you to drive over the kind of curbing, at a speed, that would destroy the suspension IRL and they say that a little bouncing is unrealistic, despite proof from the real world that it is indeed realistic.

It's just different from before, when people could crash over the curbing to the extreme and have no ill effects. Now, that exploit is gone, and they are sad.

Kudos for testing the Mondial. I didn't have one to test, but I suspected it woudl behave as you have shown. Definitely perfectly drivable.
AI driving, no curbs, Mondial starts hopping.

Real life clip (1:43), granted not the exact same car, but the same era, being driven a lot harder, sliding through a corner - even hitting a curb! - staying planted as opposed to hopping.

Explain.

Last edited:
Nah. But you're free to think that. You don't know what my intention was, nor do you know what my viewpoint actually was. It's easy to take things at face value, isn't it?
If you don't tell us your intentions or view points actually were the only face value we have at best is a duplicitous trolling posts or to scared to put their view points out?

I can only take forum posts at face value because that is the only merit they carry, yours carry a lot less trust now.

I can only take forum posts at face value because that is the only merit they carry, yours carry a lot less trust now.
tenor.gif

Let's be realistic now, what do you expect from a user who has a troll face Kaz as an avatar image? :lol:

Last edited:

Find the curb...

Again the rear end is fundamentally broken

Last edited:
I mean rotational turning versus just going left and right?

I used to play this game with a controller? For nearly 20 years.
both work fine, there simply is more information to use with the wheel ... doesnt even mean you will be faster, people get too enamored with "their" set up and argue to argue

Last edited:
Find the curb...

Again the rear end is fundamentally broken

You have SS tires on a car with incredibly soft suspension, so the tires are digging in and over compressing the suspension. What is fundamentally broken is your understanding of how suspension works.

Swap the tires for the originals, and let me know if this still happens.

You have SS tires on a car with incredibly soft suspension, so the tires are digging in and over compressing the suspension. What is fundamentally broken is your understanding of how suspension works.

Swap the tires for the originals, and let me know if this still happens.
Find me a car in real life that behaves like that because the tyres and suspension are too soft… you won’t.

Last edited:
both work fine, there simply is more information to use with the wheel ... doesnt even mean you will be faster, people get too enamored with "their" set up and argue to argue
I have said many many times in the last 3 posts that controllers are fast, world tour drivers use them and Tidgney does time trial golds with a controller.

I've used a controller for over 20/25 years.

At the first opportunity playing GT L and GTR on pc did I want a wheel yes.

So yes controllers are the bread and butter of the game, are they the most immersive? No because you combine physical control with the on screen experience. It's just a different way to play the game and I play it my way you play it your way.

What I took issue with was elitism, spending money on my hobby.

I'm literally done with this thread. Another update will come out and things will change again.

Back