Let's have a go then, I'm going off a Spec 2 style update:

Ferrari 812 Superfast
Aston Martin Vantage '18
Lamborghini Huracan STO
McLaren 765lt
BMW M4 '22
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS
Audi TT RS '23

A track of some sort, Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway, Pikes Peak, Gilles Villenueve, any would do.

Some kind of update to Sport mode would like to see some more races per week. And of course the Pro enhancements.

Last edited:
I feel like a Spec III could be due if Sony put pressure on PD to make a bit of a splash with the Pro release.

This could mean a new track; Cirucuit de GV to add our second Canadian track and it appeared in the datamine. Or Autumn Ring... as its autumn/fall

Car wise they need something pretty, like a bright yellow RUF or newish Ferrari.

Either way I've got an invite I'm hoping changes that expires on the 7th Nov so I'd like the update to arrive before then

I don't think they will bring a second update in October.
Early November should logically see a "minor" patch for the PS5 Pro version.
I therefore expect the next content update to take place at the end of November.

I expect it to be bigger than usual, without being exceptional either. They probably delayed some cars during the last months so the first update of the PS5 Pro era would be more meaningful :

• 5 to 7 cars (including a racing car)
  • few scapes
  • 1 or 2 Extra Menus
  • Menu Book N.52 (related to newly added cars, they could very well add a new championship there)
  • 4 to 5 new events at World Circuits (new races from the Menu Book counted separately)
  • few engine swaps
  • a new track looks unlikely, Eiger is still close (an upgraded track though..).

I feel like a Spec III could be due if Sony put pressure on PD to make a bit of a splash with the Pro release.
I really doubt Sony interferes with the day to day conduct of first party games that are doing well.

Spec III will only happen if PD has already spent months preparing something that warrants doing it. It would certainly have to be more than just PS5 Pro support, a circuit and a handful of cars.

Last edited:
Is this made up? It sounds made up. Got a Source for that?

It's my vision. In the blog of PS says: "This upcoming release will include some of the favorite cars, tracks, and race events that evoke the nostalgia and excitement of the very first GT experience".

I think will have a demo but no demo, for this I think that a probably GT Prologue, a "bridge" game between GT7 & GT8.

Honestly, I think that it will be an update similar to the one of May, with just 5 cars and no more. I would be very happy for a new track, but it is too close to Eiger as @suomi1 said... However, if they want to boast RT in game, I could well see an updated version of Lago Maggiore with a section running along the shore to showcase reflections on the water (I know, I know, I'm a dreamer :sly:). Well, now that I think of it, a circuit built on an artificial isle in the middle of a river is another place where they could showcase RT. If only there was a similar place in the datamined locations of the game...:scared:

Speaking seriously of the cars, I want to see if I manage to get a car right for once:
  • 1928 Bugatti Type 37A: it is in one of the datamines, the first list and since it never appeared in previous games, it is safe to assume that it is not a leftover from previous games. I'm supposing this comes because it is an open top car, so cockpit view can be used to show off RT on car body, similar to how the RA272 which came in VR2 update has a nice cockpit view where you can appreciate suspension kinematics and tyre degradation. (A possible other car filling this spot is the AAR Eagle Indy Car '66, which is bound to come and is similar to the RA272.)
  • 1990 Audi quattro V8: the reason for this is that there was an empty spot in last week's DTM special event, which would make sense to be filled by a car added in the next appearance of such special event. Even though this vehicle comes from the regulations before the Alfa, I believe it would go in Gr. 4 (it's AWD, so no Gr.3) and a race car makes sense in a "big" update to draw people in. Plus, Gr.4 is the only group not to have received any addition in 2024 (with the Genesis in Gr.1, the GT-One in Gr.2, the NSX in Gr.3 and the Impreza in Gr.B).
  • 2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano: it's in the datamine, it was the cover star of GTHD Concept (similar in a certain way to MFGT) and it makes sense to be included right now. Another possibility is the 2007 Nissan GT-R, cover star of GT5P, but I doubt they would add two R35 in two cnsecutive updates).
  • 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5): although not in the datamine, this is one of the most requested cars around here and last year's Spec II showed that they save the most requested cars for large updates such as this. Also, it would fill a spot in the Corvette lineup, something PoDi likes to do in recent times, as with the addition of Evo VIII last month. I think it can come because of the recent draught of American events (last in April with the Chevelle SS) and it could bring the Corvette Meeting from GT2, similar to the Evo Meeting, continuing with the reintroduction of classic events in preparation for MFGT.
  • 2008 Subaru Impreza 20th Anniversary Edition WRX STI: an update with no Japanese cars seems unlikely and again with the logic of filling out generational gaps. Also, as PoDi likes to select particular models, I expect a 20th anniversary model to be sort of their pick and I would expect that the Cosworth is not their choice because it's a UK-only model. Although the '98 Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS and the '91 RX7 R are in the datamined list, I would expect them to come right with the MFGT update rather than before. Same thing as with the Fiat Coupè, the Yellowbird, Lancia Delta HF and S4 rally cars that I would expect right in that update rather than before, unlike what @GT Electro states in his video ()

It's my vision. In the blog of PS says: "This upcoming release will include some of the favorite cars, tracks, and race events that evoke the nostalgia and excitement of the very first GT experience".

I think will have a demo but no demo, for this I think that a probably GT Prologue, a "bridge" game between GT7 & GT8.
We can be pretty comfortable in saying My First GT is a demo for GT7 only and has nothing to do with GT8 based on the fact that it's on PS4.

Sony haven't published a non-MLB first party game on PS4 since God of War Ragnarok at the end of 2022. Spider-Man 2, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, TLOU Part 2 Remastered, Helldivers 2, Concord (while it was up), Astro Bot, the Until Dawn remake - all of them are not on PS4. Not even LEGO Horizon will be, and that's running on the Switch! So I'm pretty sure they wouldn't then go back to PS4 for any kind of "GT Prologue" type game, and we can adjust our expectations downwards accordingly.

Back