Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.53 Prediction & Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 146 comments
BMW i8 - Road, Europe, Brand Central, New
Ford Mustang Cobra R '00 - Road, USA, Used, Returning
Mazda Roadster (NC) - Road, Asia, Brand Central, Returning
Nissan R390 GT1 LM - Race, Asia, Legends, Returning
Just for fun, here's another list of cars that matches the previous means with a very different flavour (as well as drawing from the datamine list, the GTP Suggestions forum, and a fill-in-the-gaps or two):

Bugatti EB110 - Road, Europe, UCD, New*
Ford GT90 - Road, USA, Legends, Returning
Mazda Roadster (ND) RF - Road, Asia, BC, New
Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak - Race, Europe, BC, New

*Technically; the car was in GT3's files but not in the game

Just for fun, here's another list of cars that matches the previous means with a very different flavour (as well as drawing from the datamine list, the GTP Suggestions forum, and a fill-in-the-gaps or two):

Bugatti EB110 - Road, Europe, UCD, New*
Ford GT90 - Road, USA, Legends, Returning
Mazda Roadster (ND) RF - Road, Asia, BC, New
Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak - Race, Europe, BC, New

*Technically; the car was in GT3's files but not in the game
So you do care about the GT90!

I will follow your same logic and try to guess as well!

Ferrari 812 Superfast '19 (or Caterham Seven SuperLight R500 '12) - Road, Europe, Brand Central, New
Corvette C5 Z06 '04 - Road, USA, Used, Returning (and fill the Corvette gap)
Subaru Impreza WRX STI '10 - Road, Asia, Brand Central, Returning
Toyota 7 (or Bentley Speed 8) - Race, Asia (Europe), Legends, Returning

With the addition of the GT-R T-Spec it’s the newest road car in the real world currently for sale, in GT7.
IMG_5332.jpeg

Will be interesting if PD add some new race cars from this year, as the SF23 are the last up to date cars we got. I’d add Super GT cars, but the 2024 season has two more races and and points are close for the top three( 2 Supras and one Civic). Probably too soon to pull the trigger before the champion is crowned. Similar to how the class winning 2021 GT300 Subaru was added in 2022.

I think I'm going to completely switch gears and predict that 1.53 update is actually only going to be the My First GT demo and there won't be any update to GT other than an PS5 Pro update.

I think I'm going to completely switch gears and predict that 1.53 update is actually only going to be the My First GT demo and there won't be any update to GT other than an PS5 Pro update.
There will be one, as the Nations Cup rd4 (23/11/24) hasn't any car or track affected to it. It usually means that the combo will be disclosed when the new content will drop.

I might be wrong, but I think the last few times those empty spaces were eventually filled with existing content
Here's the full history of TBD in GT7:

My initial thought was "I'm sure the Nations TBA means a track this month", but I didn't know if the actual facts bear that out, so in order to test the hypothesis, here's all the TBAs in GT7 Championships:

• 2023/24 Exhibition 2 (Nations Round 4) - Jimny
    2023/24 Exhibition 1 (Nations Round 5) - No new content (Gr.3 at Daytona, it was unannounced because they wanted to BoP Gr.3 for the oval)
  • 2023 TGR Cup (Round 7) - GR Corolla
  • 2022/23 Exhibition 3 (Manufacturers Round 1 and Nations Round 1) - both Grand Valley
  • 2022 Nations Cup 2 (Round 6) - No new content (Roadster TC at Alsace Test Course)
  • 2022 Nations Cup 2 (Round 4) - Catalunya No Chicane
  • 2022 TGR Cup (Round 7) - No new content (GR Yaris at Sardegna Windmills - noteworthy in that the Catalunya RX layout came the next month, could have been planned for that?)
  • 2022 Nations Cup 1 (Round 6) - Watkins Glen

So 3 new track or track layout TBAs out of 8, and 3 out of 6 non-TGR TBAs (since I think TGR TBAs are highly likely to be Toyota cars).

Edit: For the record, I think it'll be a new car at Spa. If it were racing tyres, I'd be more sceptical, but on sports softs with BoP on there's no real reason for them to hide it other than new content.

Last edited:
Edit: For the record, I think it'll be a new car at Spa. If it were racing tyres, I'd be more sceptical, but on sports softs with BoP on there's no real reason for them to hide it other than new content.
However, I noticed that event also has brake balance allowed. Generally, road car events do not have partial tuning set to allow brake balance adjustment.

Here's the full history of TBD in GT7:

However, I noticed that event also has brake balance allowed. Generally, road car events do not have partial tuning set to allow brake balance adjustment.
Could be a vintage race car that comes with sports tires.

Or possibly the long awaited AAR Eagle Indy Car, one of which won the 1967 Grand Prix at Spa I believe.
It would also make sense to be included as it can showcase graphical power (if you recall, the Honda RA272 was included in the PSVR2 update along with GV, so this would fit perfectly, hence why I considered it in my own predictions some pages ago in alternative to the Bugatti Type 37A)

I predict nobody actually knows what’s in the update or when it’s coming out or what version it is.

Has anybody successfully predicted an update? The only one I can think of was the Chevelle. I remember people talking about the possibility of a Chevelle. Most of the successful prediction or insider news on updates were from the past and came from that guy on twitter who eventually quit leaking info.

I predict nobody actually knows what’s in the update or when it’s coming out or what version it is.

Has anybody successfully predicted an update? The only one I can think of was the Chevelle. I remember people talking about the possibility of a Chevelle. Most of the successful prediction or insider news on updates were from the past and came from that guy on twitter who eventually quit leaking info.
People (including me) doom picked the Lexus LFA (from the data mine) for more than a year before it released in spec II. I feel like the Ferrari 812 Superfast has that role now. It’s probably coming, potentially soon and people will keep predicting it until they’re inevitably right.

That's a statement of fact, not a prediction.

Or for the most part. The first bit might not be accurate, as generally the dataminers have a very precise idea what's on the way.

I feel pretty confident saying the next update will come out either Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Also: Christmas music.

Last edited:
Or possibly the long awaited AAR Eagle Indy Car, one of which won the 1967 Grand Prix at Spa I believe.
If that’s the case, the post Kaz, made of the quails actually was a hint! :sly:
I’m thinking one of these :sly::

• AAR Eagle
  • Reliant Robin
  • Ford Falcon, Thunderbird
  • Buick Skylark
  • Cadillac Blackwing
  • Plymouth Road Runner
  • Eagle Talon
  • Nissan Bluebird
  • Studebaker Silver Hawk
  • Stutz Blackhwak
  • Toyota Tercel

Did I miss any?

It would also make sense to be included as it can showcase graphical power (if you recall, the Honda RA272 was included in the PSVR2 update along with GV, so this would fit perfectly, hence why I considered it in my own predictions some pages ago in alternative to the Bugatti Type 37A)
Now that is excellent predicting. It may well be full of hopium, but no one can deny that this is exactly the type of post we need on this thread.

Back