Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming September 28, Adds Three New Cars

Polyphony Digital by my calculations, is pretty vain. And they would love nothing g more than to beat the new iteration of Forza on all fronts - from physics, track count, car count, events, campaign, AI, VR CAPABILITY and so on and so forth.
There's already answers to a few of these "fronts"

Just looking at the numbers, GT7 will feature a lot more tracks than FM2023. And of course, GT supports VR and FM will not. So they already have them "beat" in those categories.

GT7 currently has 481 cars according to Kudos Prime, + 3 cars in the latest update brings us to 484. FM2023 will launch with over 500 cars, so it's very close but FM has slightly more.

So take that for what you will.

Back on the topic of the update, I really envy GT7 players getting the Sema Civic. I've long been waiting for a game to feature the Rocket Bunny EG Civic since it's creation, so hats off to PD for scanning that one and getting it in game. Cool looking car, IMO.

It’s possible. With a Super Taikyu-like race car. Maybe a one hour Gr.4 race this time.

I’ll say it’s a product of what us players can do ourselves, that PD don’t have to do. Like certain cars.

PD give us parts for cars that don’t require them to model duplicates. We have livery editor that don’t require PD to model race cars.

No need to make 300km races from past GT games when players can do that. All the tools are there.

Someone will have to ask Kaz why.
No need to do it when players can. Arrogant in the extreme if even remotely true, probably not though. It's more likely to be because PD want players in Sport mode

I’m happy with any new cars or tracks, but with VR being so amazing, I’m ok not really ever getting any new tracks or cars

I just want more robust events added. I want an event for every style of car on every track. Real endurance races (I’m amazed at how long I can comfortably race in VR, not because of sickness but just immersion. The 60 minute races fly by)

I guess I feel like what I’m asking for doesn’t require much.

I enjoy getting to race and or drive any car in VR. Sometimes I just pretend I’m like Chris Harris and review cars.

GT7 with VR is amazing, I just want more events to get lost in. I’ve played since launch and am just now starting to complete everything, so I’m not one to fly through the content. I’m also not the kind of person to take joy in repeating myself, so once I get gold I consider it done.

I also don’t want to spend time creating events, I don’t even spend time with the livery editor or scapes. Not my thing. Just want PD to curate the experience
VR is amazing, in fact so amazing that I haven't used flat screen since I've got mine at launch. However, the biggest problem is the lack of info during races. No leaderboard, track map, delta times, etc. puts you at a distinct disadvantage when racing with others. Every update I'm hoping they address this, but nothing so far.

Also, there's still no option for reverse grid starts in lobbies. This was an option in GTS so it should be simple enough to add to GT7.

It's been known for a while that the GR Corolla will be available for purchase in Brand Central from the 28th of September.
Sorry, you said that was the best thing of the update, so I thought you knew all the contents of the update.

Last edited:
GT7 currently has 481 cars according to Kudos Prime, + 3 cars in the latest update brings us to 484. FM2023 will launch with over 500 cars, so it's very close but FM has slightly more.

...yeah 200 versions of Nissans Sylvias Skylines and other Toyota and Japanese Cars, zero relevant and newer race cars, zero NEW models in GT3 cars since GTSport (NEW MODELS!!!!), historical very important Companies like Rolls Royce or Bentley, missing....

Nissan Skyline (11 Versions)
Nissan Silvia (7 Versions)
Nissan GT-R (6 Versions)
...list goes on...

Count 20 versions of the same car as 20 different cars... 😂

Last edited:
...yeah 200 versions of Nissans Sylvias Skylines and other Toyota and Japanese Cars, zero relevant and newer race cars, zero NEW models in GT3 cars since GTSport (NEW MODELS!!!!), historical very important Companies like Rolls Royce or Bentley, missing....

Nissan GT-R (6 Versions)
...list goes on...

Count 20 versions of the same car as 20 different cars... 😂
Forza Motosport reuses same models from x360 era that's why they got more cars 🤪

zero NEW models in GT3 cars since GTSport (NEW MODELS!!!!)
We've had 9 new Gr.3 cars added since GT Sport, 5 of which would be classified as "NEW MODELS" being:
  • Subaru BRZ GT300 '21
  • AMG Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20
  • Audi R8 LMS Evo '19
  • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18
  • Ford GT Race Car '18
Just to add its a Driving simulator not a GT3 simulator, maybe the issue lies in your weird expectations of the game being something it isn't and/or isn't going to be a GT3 simulator

Last edited:
Nissan GT-R (6 Versions)
...list goes on...

Count 20 versions of the same car as 20 different cars...
Like most people who bang on this particular drum, you're doing an awful lot of ignorance in order to classify a bunch of cars that share a name as a bunch of cars that are the same.

Suggesting that the Skyline KPGC10 GT-R is "the same car as" R30 Skyline Silhouette Turbo RS, and "the same car as" an R34 Skyline GT-R GT500 because they're all called "Skyline" is frighteningly ignorant. Would you say the ten "versions of" the Porsche 911, spanning from the 1973 Carrera 2.7S to the 2017 RSR (which isn't even rear-engined), via the GT1 (which is a 962 dressed up as a 911) are "the same car"?

At least bring up the 2019 and 2020 GR Supra, or the 2015 and 2016 Clio RS, which are at best model-year evolutions.

Also your numbers are wrong. There's 10 GT-Rs (11 if you want to include the Vision 2020, but it's not called GT-R), 6 Silvias (only 7 if you include the SilEighty, but it's not called Silvia), and 8 Skylines.

As for Forza, you wait until you hear about the car list that contains 14 Corvettes, 7 Skylines, and 13 911s (which are also not "the same car", except by your own "shares a name" stipulation)

I'll never get why people always bring up multiple model generations of beloved nameplates as some kind of proof that PD is obsessed with duplicates. Would be very boring if GT or any racing game was only allowed a single 911, M3, Viper, Corvette, Skyline, Silvia, etc.

I believe a major draw of this game is seeing how these cars have evolved and changed over the years.

Last edited:
I'll never get why people always bring up multiple model generations of beloved nameplates as some kind of proof that PD is obsessed with duplicates. Would be very boring if GT or any racing game was only allowed a single 911, M3, Viper, Corvette, Skyline, Silvia, etc.

I believe a major draw of this game is seeing how these cars have evolved and changed over the years.
That's what fits their narrative is why. I do agree it is pretty neat to see the evolution of these cars with multiple entries

Just to add its a Driving simulator not a GT3 simulator, maybe the issue lies in your weird expectations of the game being something it isn't and/or isn't going to be a GT3 simulator
You wouldn't think that's the case considering what PD hyper focuses on and seem to prioritize.
3/3 of the current time trials are Gr.3, Gr.3 appears every week in the daily races and the current GTWS has every round in Gr.3 cars (in the GT1 league anyway).
To me it seems like that is EXACTLY what PD want, a GT3 simulator...

So.... PD is giving us a car that was scanned back in 2019...? LOL I wonder how many cars they're just sitting on. They're just piecemealing out scraps atp.

Last edited:
You wouldn't think that's the case considering what PD hyper focuses on and seem to prioritize.
3/3 of the current time trials are Gr.3, Gr.3 appears every week in the daily races and the current GTWS has every round in Gr.3 cars (in the GT1 league anyway).
if that was true we would have gotten more new Gr.3 cars

that only shows most players want GT3 online races since its very popular

Last edited:
So.... PD is giving us a car that was scanned back in 2019...? LOL I wonder how many cars they're just sitting on. They're just piecemealing out scraps atp.
It could have been scanned in '19, but I'd imagine making a SEMA car takes longer than doing a road car seeing as SEMA cars are usually one-of-kind type thing. idk for certain, I'm just spit balling here as to why it took 5 years to appear in the series.

Last edited:

Refer to this meme:

And in the update cars' livery popularity chart I did few days ago, the top 2 were indeed Gr.3 cars. The Suzuki VGT Gr.3 also is miles ahead of it's regular version.

Last edited:

Yeah that part I don't understand. Every indication to me shows that PDs main focus with this game is the E-sports side of things which revolve heavily around GT3/GT4 racing. Saying this the next logical step would be to provide a better Gr.3 line-up, but no instead we get random cars like an ambulance with no content you use with it...

Or it shows that we have no choice but to race these as that is what we are give week after week after week. I won't deny that the Gr.3 category is popular but when over 60% of content is based around it you do start to see a lot of comments complaining and wanting different categories and races. I myself prefer the Gr.4 races, I find that they provide closer and much cleaner racing.

Latest Posts

Back