Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming September 28, Adds Three New Cars

Bored Jane Lane GIF

I just hope the new races are decent.

Considering the "exchange" rate between real-world US Dollars and fictional PD credits is rather unfavorable
Probably because except for those cars unavailable in Japan the American prices are absolutely meaningless for the prices of in-game cars as they are first originally given the accurate yen price in the Japanese version before being rather crudely translated to lower digit "credits" by simply removing a bunch of zeroes from the end. The FK8 Limited Edition costs 55 000cr in game because the real car cost 5.5 million yen in real life. The FL5 has a base price of 4.97 million yen, so it will cost around 49 700 credits in game.

Probably because except for those cars unavailable in Japan the American prices are absolutely meaningless for the prices of in-game cars as they are first originally given the accurate yen price in the Japanese version before being rather crudely translated to lower digit "credits" by simply removing a bunch of zeroes from the end. The FK8 Limited Edition costs 55 000cr in game because the real car cost 5.5 million yen in real life. The FL5 has a base price of 4.97 million yen, so it will cost around 49 700 credits in game.
That makes sense. The GR Corolla's "estimated" GT7 price of 71,500 Cr. also follows that - Google says the Morizo Edition goes for 7,150,000 yen. On the other hand, PD overshot the price of the Nissan Z Performance rather badly whether one uses US dollars or yen.

We'll see who's right in a couple days.

Last edited:
That makes sense. The GR Corolla's "estimated" GT7 price of 71,500 Cr. also follows that - Google says the Morizo Edition goes for 7,150,000 yen. On the other hand, PD overshot the price of the Nissan Z Performance rather badly whether one uses US dollars or yen.

We'll see who's right in a couple days.
Well I believe the Z wasn't for sale yet when the game actually came out which could explain the price inaccuracy, which should be in USD in it's case as it's actually based on an American model.

Well I believe the Z wasn't for sale yet when the game actually came out which could explain the price inaccuracy, which should be in USD in it's case as it's actually based on an American model.
Yeah, that was a pre-release model. The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 is a better example of PD's price inflation. The in-game model looks like the 3LT version without the Z51 performance package, which started just under $71,000 in the showrooms and goes for 80,000 Cr. in Brand Central.

Edit - it's the convertible, which added $7,100 to the price.

Last edited:
We can't excuse the fact PD's premiere GTWS Gr.3 class is populated by 5-10 year old models.

PD have shown they can fast track fictional Gr.1/3/4 cars and VGT's when there is a commercial partnership. They even did this with the Subaru BRZ GT300 which is closely aligned with Toyota.

That's understandable from a business perspective. But they must understand they need to cater for players needs. The game desperately needs the new GT3 Ferrari 296, BMW M4, Aston Martin Vantage, Corvette C8. Evo models are welcome, and we could do with more like the Lamborghini Huracan. But we can make do with those cars as they don't look dated or out-of-place. The Porsche 911 also falls into that category, despite the GTE category coming to an end. Although you could argue a title like Gran Turismo should always have the latest road & race models of such an iconic brand.
GT has never kept up to date with new cars. Kaz doesn’t care about it or the business case is too hard.
I thinks what’s more disappointing is that PD chose to withhold existing cars from gt7 like the Lexus LFA. That’s a noteable car in Japanese and international motoring. What’s up with that PD? What’s the excuse?

mef
GT has never kept up to date with new cars. Kaz doesn’t care about it or the business case is too hard.
I thinks what’s more disappointing is that PD chose to withhold existing cars from gt7 like the Lexus LFA. That’s a noteable car in Japanese and international motoring. What’s up with that PD? What’s the excuse?
I don't think I've heard a single person talk about the LFA since like 2015 other than people on this forum whining that it's not in GT7.

And by the looks of it neither will we. From all the hands on previews it's still Forza and that won't move GT players around 😬
I'm committing to a new Xbox and Forza Motorsport so I will be moving. There are soo many things going for it, especially the car list which isn't littered with useless VGT's, fake Group 1's, rally cars and outdated GT3 race cars.

I'm committing to a new Xbox and Forza Motorsport so I will be moving. There are soo many things going for it, especially the car list which isn't littered with useless VGT's, fake Group 1's, rally cars and outdated GT3 race cars.
So far what i seen Forza doesn't have latest GT3 cars either , road cars are newer because most of them from FH4-5

Last edited:
Roads cars are newer because most of them from FH5
This is what excites me the most. Forza Horizon 5 is a good game but the physics are nothing special, which is the main reason why I haven't come back to it. Carrying a large portion of these cars into a proper simulation game, one that (supposedly) works very well with a controller out of the box, is a tantalising prospect. Most of the cars on my GT7 wishlist will be in Forza Motorsport AT LAUNCH, so it's a done deal for me.

The problem of Gt7 Is that in 18 months the game has not changed, which new features has been added? Sell car should be there from launch, career mode Is not changed by a comma despite players requests.
Where are Cars scanned years ago like Fiat coupé, pagani Zonda, Lamborghini Espada, Lancia Fulvia and all the other Cars that we know were scanned?
They' re keeping them for GT8 ?

The problem of Gt7 Is that in 18 months the game has not changed, which new features has been added? Sell car should be there from launch, career mode Is not changed by a comma despite players requests.
Ok what feature's been added since launch to a game that already had quite a lot of features:
  • Added wind direction and wind-speed indicators
  • Added a [Broadcast Mode] option
  • A "New" label is now displayed for new & legend cars available to buy that day
  • Added renting Event-Specified Cars
  • Added event and race details before each race
  • Online Time trials added
  • Extra Menu's introduced
  • Race shop added to pre race menu
  • 'Car Valuation Service' feature has been added
  • Qualifying and Grid Start features have been added to Lobby
  • VR support
  • Drift mode in scapes
  • Support for 120 Hz Output and VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) have been added
  • Keyboard Camera Switching Feature has been added to the Lobby races
  • Ultimate parts added to Tuning shop
  • Purchasable Engine swaps added
  • End of season rewards for participating in the Manufacturers/Nations cup
  • New sales category has been added called Special Picks
You could go through the updates here and find some others I missed.
But let me guess... your response is "they should of been in the game since day 1 and those were in Sport" even if they were you'd just be in this perpetual complaining state about GT7 anyway.
Where are Cars scanned years ago like Fiat coupé, pagani Zonda, Lamborghini Espada, Lancia Fulvia and all the other Cars that we know were scanned?
Do you have a source for this? How do we know they were scanned and for PD?

Last edited:
Ok what feature's been added since launch to a game that already had quite a lot of features:
  • Added wind direction and wind-speed indicators
  • Added a [Broadcast Mode] option
  • A "New" label is now displayed for new & legend cars available to buy that day
  • Added renting Event-Specified Cars
  • Added event and race details before each race
  • Online Time trials added
  • Extra Menu's introduced
  • Race shop added to pre race menu
  • 'Car Valuation Service' feature has been added
  • Qualifying and Grid Start features have been added to Lobby
  • VR support
  • Drift mode in scapes
  • Support for 120 Hz Output and VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) have been added
  • Keyboard Camera Switching Feature has been added to the Lobby races
  • Ultimate parts added to Tuning shop
  • Purchasable Engine swaps added
  • End of season rewards for participating in the Manufacturers/Nations cup
  • New sales category has been added called Special Picks
You could go through the updates here and find some others I missed.
But let me guess... your response is "they should of been in the game since day 1 and those were in Sport" even if they were you'd just be in this perpetual complaining state about GT7 anyway.

Do you have a source for this? How do we know they were scanned and for PD?
You are talking about Add a new label that requires 5 minutes of programming as a new feature? Come on, the extra parts and engine swaps are corrections of game design errors that restricted that parts to roulette tickets.

About the Cars for the Pagani and the Espada you can find articles here in gtplanet, for the others Just make a Google search

Back