Gran Turismo HD Collection on the horizon ?? [No]

• Thread starter GTAndy36
  • 104 comments
I'm skeptical, but what about it besides the timing makes it as obvious as April Fools jokes can get? It was posted on the 30th of March by the way. There is nothing too outlandish in the description like you would normally see with an AF joke, and even though the cover looks photoshopped people have felt the same way about other games and a few of the HD collection games that have been released, namely GOW Origins Collections. Even if it's fake Sony is stupid to make it happen and take our money.

It makes no sense for a start. HD collections are all series, games you play one after the other with stories. Three GT games in one collection makes no sense. Who would want GT PSP on the PS3 when you have GT5, basically the same thing on a larger scale? Not to mention Scaff saying a few days ago that the games would never get re-released on the PS Store because they would need to re-acquire all of the licenses as it's a new release. Same deal here.

Also:

One updated Gran Turismo 5 will be available for Christmas 2012 in order to allow the possessors of GT5 to be able to confront the players of Gran Turismo HD Collection on special circuits in common with their own favorite stables!

The translation isn't great of course but what it's basically saying is GT5 players can take on GT4 and GT3 players at the same time. How? The games all have different physics engines. Not possible.

Oh and finally, these are games made by PD. If they went to convert three games to HD it would be released in 2064.

It makes no sense for a start. HD collections are all series, games you play one after the other with stories. Three GT games in one collection makes no sense. Who would want GT PSP on the PS3 when you have GT5, basically the same thing on a larger scale? Not to mention Scaff saying a few days ago that the games would never get re-released on the PS Store because they would need to re-acquire all of the licenses as it's a new release. Same deal here.

I would want those games in HD because of the tracks which aren't on GT5. Sony wants money so I don't think they care if there is a story to it or not. We both know GT fans are rabid animals willing to hand over money, I could see an HD Collection selling 4 million pretty easily.

Edit: As for licensing, I have no clue how that would be done, but I would leave it too much smarter people than me. I guess new soundtracks could be possible along with some blurred out logos Infineon Style.
The translation isn't great of course but what it's basically saying is GT5 players can take on GT4 and GT3 players at the same time. How? The games all have different physics engines. Not possible.

I agree with you there, don't see how that could work, and I mentioned that earlier. At the same time PD makes some bold claims they can't always back up.

Oh and finally, these are games made by PD. If they went to convert three games to HD it would be released in 2064.
Have any of the Sony published HD collections been done by the original studios? To my knowledge Blue Point did at least two of them, IIRC both GOW Collections and maybe the Team ICO Collection as well. I think the original studio has had very little to do with the remastering. But it is PD and it wouldn't surprise me if they over stretched themselves with something like this along with GT5 updates and GT6 and Vita production.:sly:

Last edited:
What things from GT3 went missing in GT4 though? I can't see the logic of having both of those on one disc. Who is going to think 'Right I'll play through GT3 then when I've done that i'll go for GT4'? Why wouldn't they just go straight to GT4?

As for GT:PSP, well that is basically GT5 that looks worse overall and no single player game to really speak of. Sure it has some tracks not in GT5 but it still makes no sense.

What things from GT3 went missing in GT4 though? I can't see the logic of having both of those on one disc. Who is going to think 'Right I'll play through GT3 then when I've done that i'll go for GT4'? Why wouldn't they just go straight to GT4?

As for GT:PSP, well that is basically GT5 that looks worse overall and no single player game to really speak of. Sure it has some tracks not in GT5 but it still makes no sense.

GT4 would definitely get the most time from me, but I think the reasoning behind including GT3 and PSP would be saying that you are including value in the package, rather than just having GT4 remastered.
As for what's missing in 4 from 3 I don't know, GT3 and 4 were the GT games I played the least, but Complex String is one thing that comes to mind.

I hear you on everything, but sometimes dollar signs and bottom line are the only sense that matter to corporations.

Clearly a fake. I use Photoshop enough to know how to make a PS3 case. A very good fake, though. I could only tell from the cases back cover and the logos not going with the angle of the case.

Shame though, would have bee nice to play GT3 in HD 👍 :(

Come to think of it, PD and Sony would be fools not to do this.

It would be a good way to make a quick buck and also keep GT fans happy for a little while longer.

It wouldn't even take up any of PD's time (HD collections are always passed on to smaller and lesser known developers)

Yeah, that's fake. GTHD Collection came out on November 2010 :troll:
happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-clean.png

Normally with the first party HD collections Sony will have a different publisher develop the title so I doubt PD would develop this. Look at the God of War, Sly Cooper, and Jak & Daxter HD Collections. Neither of them were developed by the original company

First of all this is not an April fools joke, because this was originally posted by a moderator on the French OPC forums on the 30th March. I just shared it with you guys today as I found it today.

And as ideas for a release goes, its a great idea, because even if they're just literally HD remakes, nothing extra, people would buy this... I know I would. And isn't that what's important for Sony?

If this is an April Fools, this is the most disgusting one I've seen in ages.

Too good to be true...

I'll buy it if it's offered, but honestly, I don't see it happening. GT5 seems too new, even though it's been out for a while.

Still, this may be the reason for those track icons Yonis found.

The moderator who posted the news replied back. He wrote something similar to " Why this reaction? I don't see myself posting news anymore. I post news. That is all. It's not worth reacting this way." He was responding to a poster who wrote, "He is happy. He has had his moment of glory with the pixel.". Pixel meaning photoshop or the internet possibly and referring to the moderator?

Edit: PixelTux is the moderators name so glory with the pixel is probably referring to his name, not photoshop.

Last edited:
I'll buy it if it's offered, but honestly, I don't see it happening. GT5 seems too new, even though it's been out for a while.

Still, this may be the reason for those track icons Yonis found.

I thought about the track logos too. And the news is 2 days old. We never know... The author of the news also posted (in French) that he does not understand all the hatred there is about April Fools and that he just posted a news he foud. Might be hope...

Back