Gran Turismo HD Collection on the horizon ?? [No]

• Thread starter GTAndy36
  • 104 comments
Putting GT PSP on it would be pretty pointless. Since it was just a downscaled GT4 without the career mode :/

I agree for the most part except for the few newer cars found on GTPSP plus Valencia. But remember they are trying to sell value and even thought GTPSP doesn't add as much as 3 or 4 there are a lot of people who wouldn't realize that. It's PR and marketing, better bang for your buck.

I am intrigued by playing with the digital input GT-PSP uses, throttle and braking would be a whole new challenge.

I just noticed that the picture on the left on the back of the box (of the Castrol Tom's Supra) is exactly the same picture from my GT3 piggyback guide. Does that help at all?

I wouldn't focus too much on the box art, because that is clearly a photoshop jobby. What we should be focusing on is the actual news/rumour of this Gran Turismo HD Collection itself.

Last edited:
Don't focus on photoshopped pic. Check.

Focus on rumour. Check. Um right it's a rumour.

Where did PD find the time for this project?

You obviously don't understand the concept of HD collections huh?

Spagetti69

I'm meaning forget about the image, and instead talk about the actual article.

And if you find more substance to this rumour share it. There's got to be some substance to this, cos I'm finding it hard to believe that a moderator of the official French playstation forum would post this without some kind of inside information

Yep cheap lazy cash cow.

I'm pretty sure he meant another developer would make the game, not PD. As for the image, we have seen plenty of leaked game covers that look photoshopped that have come true and had exact same covers that were leaked.

Am I the only one that noticed the background of the front cover is from La Sarthe on GT5?

Am I the only one that noticed the background of the front cover is from La Sarthe on GT5?

That's a good catch and something that definitely makes me more doubtful of it's authenticity. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

I've always wondered how covers are done, are there early mock ups, especially with the HD Collection games were the original teams don't have much to do with the title itself. Do they just give artists a general direction and see what different ideas they come up with or if it's very rigid with a set concept from the beggining?

Last edited:
Personally I don't think this is for real but I don't think it's as cut and dried as some of you guys think.

Firstly people are talking like that box art is a photo when it's clearly a render, you often see these pre-release or in ads for games and such, and they most likely will differ from the "real" box. The reason that they look photoshopped is that they were probably thrown together in Photoshop. And why wouldn't it crib some imagery from GT5? I'm sure they would have the rights to do so.

But on a similar note doesn't anyone remember each advance pic of the GT5 box and/or disc being met with scepticism along the lines of "look the logo is slightly misaligned with this bit" etc etc, even with the ones that turned out to be the real deal? Again, even the final product is rarely "perfect" in this sense.

Some folks earlier were saying "why no GT1 or GT2", missing the point that these HD collections are (exclusively I believe?) reboots of PS2 games rather than PS1 games. See the (pretty cool IMO) Tomb Raider HD collection, for example.

Also why such outrage from some? I doubt PD themselves would have spent much if any time on this and if you don't like it, don't buy it. I will, just as I bought Bleem and a spare memory card for my Dreamcast so I could play GT2 with much nicer graphics =)

Finally, pedantic point to whoever said early in the thread that the forum the info came from is not a "source", perhaps you need to look up the meaning of the word. Of course it's a "source", it just may not be a reliable one ;-)

Also why such outrage from some? I doubt PD themselves would have spent much if any time on this and if you don't like it, don't buy it. I will, just as I bought Bleem and a spare memory card for my Dreamcast so I could play GT2 with much nicer graphics =)
Because they're using up time that should be used to develop GT5 updates and GT6. PD has been known for not being able to do things on time.

Because they're using up time that should be used to develop GT5 updates and GT6. PD has been known for not being able to do things on time.

Re-read the part you quoted from me. The original developers often have little or no involvement in these HD remakes.

Gran Turismo HD Collection on the horizon ??

It was released back in 2010. I think it was called something like "Gran Turismo 5". It had like 800 or more cars from the older GT games, as well as several of the old tracks, but they were displayed in HD.

:D

If true,
Why theres a 3D sign on the photo??
They are mentioning "remastered HD"
but no mention about 3D in description.

I wouldn't focus too much on the box art, because that is clearly a photoshop jobby. What we should be focusing on is the actual news/rumour of this Gran Turismo HD Collection itself.

So an article is presented with a) an image of the artwork and b) a story about the release and you're saying although the box art is photoshopped somehow there is still credibility to the story? :confused:

Here you go then:
gran6.jpg

Gran Turismo 6 to be released in October 2012

Today at the Sony E3 press conference in Los Angeles, California, it was revealed to much fanfare that the highly anticipated Gran Turismo 6, exclusively on the PlayStation 3 system, will be in stores on October 2, 2012.

Since its debut over 10 years ago, the Gran Turismo franchise has set the standard for racing games in graphics, driving physics, depth, and variety. The release of Gran Turismo 6 Prologue in 2008 for the PlayStation3 console gave fans a glimpse of some of the technological advancements to come in Gran Turismo 6. And now, Gran Turismo 6 is set to raise the bar again with an unprecedented 960+ cars, a wealth of online multiplayer and community features, and just about every style of racing imaginable, all built around a brand-new advanced physics engine and Gran Turismo's signature cutting-edge graphics.

GT fans will finally be able to experience what will be the biggest and best Gran Turismo game ever, and a limited Collector's Edition for Gran Turismo 6 will also be available. Retailing for $99.99 SRP, the Collector's Edition features a must-have collection of items hand-picked for Gran Turismo fans. Click here to learn more information about the Collector's Edition. Quantities will be limited, so serious Gran Turismo fans should pre-order their copy.

Don't focus on the photoshopped box art, focus on the story! Because the box art clearly being photoshopped and therefore fake doesn't diminish the story with it at all!

My god why must some people be so pedantic on this site. I found some news off the French OPC site, a post by a moderator. Fine, it's not direct from Sony, but when are they ever the first to release any info on GT games? Never. If this information came from HWMBO Amar, I wouldn't be getting these narrow minded posts. But because it's from someone who nobody knows, but clearly in a position where he could come across this kind of information, its just bs.

Isn't this site a place to talk about the games we love and the news that appears and rumours that go around? I thought people would take this article with a pinch of salt, as I did.... but is there any need for some of these childish and stupid comments back??

Well, since you called my name, here is what I *think* about this rumour, without knowing anything about it.

It would be very difficult to port GT3/GT4/GTPSP without sacrificing some very important options or without complete re-writing of the original code.

Those options are iLink/LAN connectivity for GT3/GT4 - very important not just for local multiplayer, but more important for the multiscreen capabilities of both titles, as well as complete multiplayer section of the GTPSP.

GT3 had its local LAN/multiscreen solved through usage of iLink/i400/FireWire port being standard on the early generations of the PS2 consoles (scrapped for later models) and executed via EPROM/BIOS programming of the protocols for the motherboard. Naturally, it would call for rewrite of the source code.

GT4 had its local LAN/multiscreen solved through usage of more standard UTP/LAN ports, where reprogram would be easier, but it would still call for altering the code.

GTPSP uses its own MP-library for MP section of the game, very important for complete logic behind collector-philosophy of the game (Ad Hoc mode) and execution of the MP part.

Scrapping any of above form such theoretical "HD upgrade" would seriously hurt the overall presentation of the game. And of course, never to forget re-licensing of all cars, courses, in-game sponsorships and music tracks which would be serious job for the lawyers.

Although I would be very happy if this collection would really become reality, I really do not hold high hopes for it. And I still think it is an joke for April 1st. Time will tell, would love to be wrong.

My god why must some people be so pedantic on this site. I found some news off the French OPC site, a post by a moderator. Fine, it's not direct from Sony, but when are they ever the first to release any info on GT games? Never. If this information came from HWMBO Amar, I wouldn't be getting these narrow minded posts. But because it's from someone who nobody knows, but clearly in a position where he could come across this kind of information, its just bs.

Isn't this site a place to talk about the games we love and the news that appears and rumours that go around? I thought people would take this article with a pinch of salt, as I did.... but is there any need for some of these childish and stupid comments back??

I just don't understand why you've said the artwork is fake/photoshopped but don't seem to think that takes anything away from the article? If the article was true why the fake artwork?

Back