Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
100 pages....

images

And I'm sitting here waiting for an announcement like....

images

PS VR releases this fall. I would hope that the beta would be out before then.. that's definitely not early unless they change their tone to "Early Holiday 2016".

Last section here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-what-we-know-so-far/

So yeah, PSVR is definite, just not sure the beta will be tied into the launch of the VR headset itself.

...Tying a product launch with a beta of a game doesn't sound too smart, if you ask me.

If anything, it should be the full game. If PSVR is coming in October, and if the game isn't delayed, then putting two and two together, hey presto, GT:S launching around Oct/Nov period...

Speculation is Life. :sly:

PS VR compatibility is not mandatory for the beta to be released, it’s the kind of feature that could well be added in a future update.:D

..Just went and checked out the PSVR package. For 399 bucks it looks like a fairly reasonable buy.

But then I noticed something rather important is missing - PS camera. It's not a part of the package, so one needs to shell out extra $$ for it. What gives? I get the reason why PS Move glowsticks are not part of the pack-in peripherals but the camera is essential if you want to play games so why is it absent?

Strange...

..Just went and checked out the PSVR package. For 399 bucks it looks like a fairly reasonable buy.

But then I noticed something rather important is missing - PS camera. It's not a part of the package, so one needs to shell out extra $$ for it. What gives? I get the reason why PS Move glowsticks are not part of the pack-in peripherals but the camera is essential if you want to play games so why is it absent?

Strange...

Sod the glowsticks, all I need is my wheel :cool:

(not bothered about the cam thing, cos, you know, 399! :drool:)

I can't imagine they would use anything else. It would be backwards to have announced a new game and then months later put out the GT Academy competition on GT6.
I personally wouldn't bet against it being on GT6!

It would be great if it was on GTS Beta, but I'm not going to be surprised if it turns out to be on GT6.

Anyone ever stop to consider that because GTSport is a beta, Kaz doesn't think it's a big deal, it's not a full game or even a finished game after all, and there may not be a grand launch or big announcement, it might just sort of come out?

So the list of devs for PS-VR has been released....
Not looking good fellow GTP-ers

:confused:
SMS and Codies on the list but no Evolution or PolyD..that's a little weird:confused::confused:

It says "internship" in these pictures, so the car is probably the work of a design student, or a recent graduate. It's a very common assignment to design a product as if it was made by a company that produces other products. Like an Audi computer or a Microsoft car.

I don't see anything related to VGT in these pictures though, so I wouldn't count on it being a VGT car.

Anyone ever stop to consider that because GTSport is a beta, Kaz doesn't think it's a big deal, it's not a full game or even a finished game after all, and there may not be a grand launch or big announcement, it might just sort of come out?
PD could very well be going on this path because they won't announce things that won't be in the game. It's a beta and features may be changed before the release of the full game.

In addition, could Bell and Ross be a sponsor for the online championships?

Yep that's exactly what I've wondered, don't think it would surprise me if they were abrupt about it. I don't know much about console game betas, but doing a quick search it doesn't seem like it would be that unsual? Looks like EA have launched betas for some of their games at short notice (although they were for very short periods, and launched much closer to their respective release dates).

Yep that's exactly what I've wondered, don't think it would surprise me if they were abrupt about it. I don't know much about console game betas, but doing a quick search it doesn't seem like it would be that unsual? Looks like EA have launched betas for some of their games at short notice (although they were for very short periods, and launched much closer to their respective release dates).
What I can tell you about Sony studio betas (as a Sony beta tester) is that they normally release the betas to the testers before the public release, and we normally get advance notice of that happening.

I am not yet aware of a GTS beta.

I'd like to see them bring some of the iconic classic tracks back, but I'd like to see them rebuilt so that they're not crippled by the restrictions of the systems that they were built on.

Make them more like real race tracks. Put some bumps and undulation in the road surface. Get rid of invisible walls, and move the barriers further back if that would be appropriate on a real track. Feel free to change up the scenery to something more up to date, GT3/4 made some pretty big updates to what the tracks looked like from the PS1 days and it was great.

Did you say Seattle, cause it looks like you're saying Seattle :sly:

Never forget.

Strange...
Probably because it's the only required piece that many people already have. A bundle with the camera wouldn't surprise me but as a camera owner I'm glad I won't be paying an extra 50€ for it to be included in the package.

Probably because it's the only required piece that many people already have. A bundle with the camera wouldn't surprise me but as a camera owner I'm glad I won't be paying an extra 50€ for it to be included in the package.
This is true, however, I think it would have been better if the standard bundle came with the camera and they said they would offer a bundle without the camera for those who already have it. I would imagine many more people don't have the camera than have it.

This is true, however, I think it would have been better if the standard bundle came with the camera and they said they would offer a bundle without the camera for those who already have it. I would imagine many more people don't have the camera than have it.

I think I've lost my PS camera thing. I took it out of the box, thought "this is a silly gimmick like Kinect, I'll never end up using this" and I put it somewhere - not sure where, but somewhere out of the way. I definitely didn't bin it or anything like that, but now it looks like I'll have to venture forth into the cupboards and find it... :ouch:

I think I've lost my PS camera thing. I took it out of the box, thought "this is a silly gimmick like Kinect, I'll never end up using this" and I put it somewhere - not sure where, but somewhere out of the way. I definitely didn't bin it or anything like that, but now it looks like I'll have to venture forth into the cupboards and find it... :ouch:

Haha, I'm sure I have a Move that's had the same treatment/neglect.

Happy that my camera is plugged into my PS4 so I don't need to buy another one. £349 for PSVR in UK. Very tempting.

Haha, I'm sure I have a Move that's had the same treatment/neglect.

I didn't think at any point the camera would come in handy... :lol:

I think it came with my PS4, as well, so I didn't pay any extra for it (and I'll be super annoyed if I have to fork out for a second one).

Not exactly grasping why people have a problem with a watchmaker making a VGT yet no complaints for Nike or Jordan when this whole thing was first announced, both of which who also aren't in the Auto Industry.

It's not excluded. In January 2015 the 3 have most likely met, what will be unveiled today could confirm a possible collaboration.

View attachment 526647

Not gonna lie, didn't pay nearly as much attention to anyone else as much as I did to the Lady on the left.

Back