Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
Sorry, is this photo 4K? I zoomed into their real dimension and...

View attachment 678789

Quick question, if the resolution is set to 'High', is that the image being shot and processed in 4K? In GT6 you could effectively set the resolution to 4K, doesn't seem to be such an explicitly described option in GTS though, as far as I can tell. But maybe I'm missing something. Nice picture by the way!

The image propertiesd for the original show as 4K. I will do a USB export and see if its any different, that was done using share capture, which will grab a 4K image if it can.

Will update ASAP.

Thank you!
Just checked.

No difference at all in the resolution, dpi or bit depth between the two.

The export one is however twice the file size (505kbs vs 1.2mb) and contains exif data.

Sharecapture Image:

MgAMF4k.jpg

Export Image:
jqkuepD.jpg

Despite the key metrics (resolution, dpi and bit depth) being the same, the export images are clearly sharper when viewed fully.

The last time I’ve experienced Gran Turismo in solid sixty frames per second like this was on Gran Turismo 5: Prologue. The last time I’ve seen graphics this “revolutionary for the series” - if you will - was on Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec. The last time I’ve seen a user-interface this good was on Gran Turismo 2. The last time I’ve heard sounds this “unreal and great” was on... ... ...oh, what was I saying? NEVER. This Gran Turismo will prove its point of awe to the competitors once and for all. To grow older with Gran Turismo, and seeing it evolve into this multi-million dollar art piece, is... amazing to the point of crying in happiness, and it is simply mind boggling. I’m happy for what you’ve given us, Yamauchi.

Gran Turismo forever.

Just checked.

The export one is however twice the file size (505kbs vs 1.2mb) and contains exif data.

Sharecapture Image:

MgAMF4k.jpg

Export Image:
jqkuepD.jpg
The exported one looks a lot cleaner, at least on GTP. Also, it's just come to me; I could've checked the properties of the file on my PC. Sorry for wasting your time mate, but I appreciate it anyway!

EDIT: I did and it was indeed 4K. But your image was what got me to check anyway, so I think it still helped. Thank you again :)

The exported one looks a lot cleaner, at least on GTP. Also, it's just come to me; I could've checked the properties of the file on my PC. Sorry for wasting your time mate, but I appreciate it anyway!

EDIT: I did and it was indeed 4K. But your image was what got me to check anyway, so I think it still helped. Thank you again :)
Not wasted time, as one route is clearly better than the other, which is important to know.

Just checked.

Sharecapture Image:

Export Image:

Despite the key metrics (resolution, dpi and bit depth) being the same, the export images are clearly sharper when viewed fully.

Thank you very much. I was afraid of "High Resolution" was only an upscale.

Sharecapture:
upload_2017-10-10_16-23-48.png

Export:
upload_2017-10-10_16-23-56.png

Rendered at true 4K. Nice!

Anyone else using a wheel (specifically a T300) and feeling the wheel get really heavy at 40ish degrees turn on either side?

If so, is this a problem? My settings are 5 5 but the difference at 1 1 is so minimal it might as well not be changed.

Two little annoying things I hope they fix in Sports mode.

There is no way you can use your own car (hence, no liveried car). And the fact you can't view replays when you're waiting for the race start counter (the 15 min one). We had that option in the beta.

Maggiore is very very good.

Well the demo is hugely disappointing. The physics feel unchanged from previous titles and the sound is still crap. The graphics are fantastic, but overall the whole experience feels as sterile as ever.

What have they been doing the last 5 years??
Well i dont see that that way, its better then ever and i love it and i can see why it took a long time to make....... so maybe iam crazy or u are extremely negative.

Sound is crap? Hmmm not the best but crap?

Physics nit changed? You shure it was not GT6? Maybe wrong HDMI input selected?

Point is that you a bit overreacting i think......

@CarreraGT I think they've been modelling Porsches, and racing cars, and turning videogamers into racers, and getting racing games officially recognised by the FIA... did I mention the Porsches?

Man, the AI in Stage 6 mission 2 is complete trash. The opponents keep denting into you or straight will take you off the road. Why? Well, because you were in the way if their hard-coded driving line, of course! Screw this mission, not even gonna bother with it

Noticed too much "demoliton derby style" during Sport Mode. The key of the whole game is to boost respect between drivers, including severe penalties for those who think to play Mario Kart instead of an official race. PD has to find the way to keep racing the cleanest possible.

Anyway the game looks awesome to me...so stylish and fun!

Tried out the sport mode and I already noticed a bit of flaw with selecting the players. Rather than depending on the closest to your ISP like most other games, GT Sport depends on your PSN region instead. :irked:

Since my main PSN account is set to American rather than Bahraini, the game forces me to race against North & South Americans rather than Europeans or Middle easterns.

👎

Looks they just ran the text file through Google Translate :lol:
Just like every other current gen game ever! :lol:

Man, the AI in Stage 6 mission 2 is complete trash. The opponents keep denting into you or straight will take you off the road. Why? Well, because you were in the way if their hard-coded driving line, of course! Screw this mission, not even gonna bother with it
Never really had that problem, but if you don't like that then stay away from 6-8! The cars do stick aggressively to their racing lines though but I've had plenty of side-by-side battles through corners.

Apologies if this has been said before but, how does the 1$ credit transfer to full GTSport work? Do I have to have that amount on my current account or is there a place where I can transfer it? Or would it possibly be like a if you've earned at least that much you'll recieve that much. Thanks!

Back