Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
Two little annoying things I hope they fix in Sports mode.

There is no way you can use your own car (hence, no liveried car). And the fact you can't view replays when you're waiting for the race start counter (the 15 min one). We had that option in the beta.

Maggiore is very very good.
To use a car you own in an arcade race you go to car selection and at the very left it'll have something that says Garage Cars.

In some mission challenges you can use your garage cars.

Garage cars can be used in open lobbies I believe.

To use a car you own in an arcade race you go to car selection and at the very left it'll have something that says Garage Cars.

In some mission challenges you can use your garage cars.

Garage cars can be used in open lobbies I believe.

Yeah was about to say the Gr.B race currently lets you choose your own car. 👍

With regard to the mixed opinions on the sound. I recommend playing the game with headphones. Used them last night when everyone was asleep and I think the sound is amazing:tup:

I received the Aston Martin GT vision, it has no cockpit SMH! Not an issue off you use chase cam, which I don't. And the sounds, omg, it sounds like a kid is making the sounds with his mouth.
Honestly everything about the Aston martin VGT is lazy :lol:. The model is pretty low quality looking, it sounds bad, it has no cockpit, such a disappointment. :(

I guess some manufactures are still lazy and never bothered to design interiors for their VGT cars. I remember the Aston Martin VGT introduction video had a woman taking about materials used in the interior, but it's funny because there is no interior so that little clip was completely pointless.

As for the sound part of that post. That's quite the new description. Never heard that before. At least it's different than a vacuum cleaner.
I guess some developers are still lazy as well, including unfinished cars in their games.

Noticed too much "demoliton derby style" during Sport Mode. The key of the whole game is to boost respect between drivers, including severe penalties for those who think to play Mario Kart instead of an official race. PD has to find the way to keep racing the cleanest possible.

Anyway the game looks awesome to me...so stylish and fun!

Yeah, can be frustrating. Im sure over time these drivers will be filtered out via the sportsmanship rating. As its early days there won't be enough data to determine who is good or bad.

Yeah, can be frustrating. Im sure over time these drivers will be filtered out via the sportsmanship rating. As its early days there won't be enough data to determine who is good or bad.

The thing is you get caught up in their mess and get a lower score as a result... I was 3rd and someone ram us in the first corner and I spun and got a 10 sec penalty. My score is now down to C. I’ll stop racing at BB Raceway for today

I guess some manufactures are still lazy and never bothered to design interiors for their VGT cars. I remember the Aston Martin VGT introduction video had a woman taking about materials used in the interior, but it's funny because there is no interior so that little clip was completely pointless.

As for the sound part of that post. That's quite the new description. Never heard that before. At least it's different than a vacuum cleaner.
Well, it doesn't sound like a vacuum, it gave me a giggle tbh but did not help make take the game anymore serious. With this car it was pure arcade, GT is going in the wrong direction for me.

Maggiore is a return to form for PD's track design; must confess that Dragon Trail bores the hell out of me regardless of car class, its a triangle with a wiggle in the middle of each straight and curbs wider than some cars. Does very little for me at all.

Maggiore however is far more interesting and has some nice elevation changes and differently cambered corners.
Same here, utterly boring track with curbs that should but don't unsettle the car at all. Will try Maggiore.

Just checked.

No difference at all in the resolution, dpi or bit depth between the two.

The export one is however twice the file size (505kbs vs 1.2mb) and contains exif data.

Sharecapture Image:

MgAMF4k.jpg

Export Image:
jqkuepD.jpg

Despite the key metrics (resolution, dpi and bit depth) being the same, the export images are clearly sharper when viewed fully.
It should be noted too that the export will lose less information when editing.

@CarreraGT I think they've been modelling Porsches, and racing cars, and turning videogamers into racers, and getting racing games officially recognised by the FIA... did I mention the Porsches?
You think the 100 or so people at PDI have been busy turning gamers into racers? And all of them have been negotiating with the FIA, not just one person who deals wit licences?

Subaru WRX Gr.3
Mazda Atenza Gr.3

I don't know, but to me the Alsace track somehow looks like a course creator track. Just look at the placement of the barriers and the uniform trackwith and texturing. Also the generic name and relative simple soroundings. Could there be a new track creator in the work? I mean in GT6 we got a custumized Andalusia track way before the track creator was introduced. /theory

Last edited:
One thing that is annoying me with the Ai is that there has been multiple races now where i will be half way through a turn and they will start pushing the back of my car making me spin.

One thing that is annoying me with the Ai is that there has been multiple races now where i will be half way through a turn and they will start pushing the back of my car making me spin.
Thats odd to me. I actually haven't experienced that at all yet. Most of my AI races have been extremely clean and pretty damn competitive.

1. I have been playing from the start of this new Beta of Gran Turismo Sport.
I think I am a clean player on the Online Mod of GT SPORT.

2.My problem is the next one.
I normally start the races on pole position and on the last 3 of them the player in second position pushed my back car and hit me to the wall. HAVING A PENALTY OF 10 SECONDS while I was leading the race.
This happened to me for three times

3 I DON´T understand why I have a penalty if someone hit my bacj pushing me to wall and the having a 10 sec penalty.

I can send videos of this Issue.
Please solve this problem beacause it also makes people loose the CP POINTS.

Very dissapointed with the demo. I guess this wasn't meant for wheel users, as the force feedback is terrible. If you've ever played assetto corsa, pcars 2, or any PC sim, you will be very dissapointed in the force feedback. And what's with the wheel spin? I was spinning my tires in a 130 horsepower Miata in second gear? That thing should barely be able to chirp the tires off a standing start. I could be wrong, as I don't own a Miata but it felt weird.

I read so many posts and still could not find the answer. I just downloaded the demo and I read on an another forum that the game was 100% Online. There is no offline mode.

Is this true? If so I am so disapointed :( I am not a fan of online games, as I am a casual player who enjoy solo career modes.

Very dissapointed with the demo. I guess this wasn't meant for wheel users, as the force feedback is terrible. If you've ever played assetto corsa, pcars 2, or any PC sim, you will be very dissapointed in the force feedback. And what's with the wheel spin? I was spinning my tires in a 130 horsepower Miata in second gear? That thing should barely be able to chirp the tires off a standing start. I could be wrong, as I don't own a Miata but it felt weird.
I have AC and am happy with the FFB of GTS. Sure it lacks in bump feel but its otherwise good enough (and way more fun than the competition for me).

I do think too that there is something wring with tire physics from standing start but other than that i love the physics!

I read so many posts and still could not find the answer. I just downloaded the demo and I read on an another forum that the game was 100% Online. There is no offline mode.

Is this true? If so I am so disapointed :( I am not a fan of online games, as I am a casual player who enjoy solo career modes.

No you can play offline against AI or Time Trial. But there is no real career mode - not in the Demo anyway

I really enjoy the physics too and I wasnt expecting to as I am a big fan of AC and I love realism more than anything in car games. Once you find your proper controller/ffb setting you can start having a blast... for me the default were way too strong but it was pretty easy to find a setting that works -> all the 3 controller/ffb sliders are at the minimum. Also while driving press the left right arrow until you find the TC settings and press up/down to adjust them on the fly. See of that helps.

ok i am having issues with stage 6 lessons 1 and i think it is 6, where you are on the Northern Isles Infield, how in the world are you supposed to get a gold on those, i am having issues big time and they are the last 2 i have before i can just go and play the game

Having issues with that one as well. I got within 2 thousandths of a second of gold and there's no way I can go faster. It says "use e-brake around hairpins faster" or something like that but the e-brake seems absolutely useless.

Gold on all up to 6 - 5, (I’m not finding them hard) would have attempted the last few tonight....

What was your trick for getting gold on the 6-1? I have to use the Gp.B Mustang and am having all sorts of difficulty. I got to within 2 thousandths of a second but just can't find any more time.

Definitely the most beautiful racing game. UI and photomode is just on another level of the competitors. In the same time the game itself barely changed for 10-15 years from GT4 or even GT3, collisions is still a joke, very similar to Mario Kart series, you just bump a thing and little bounce back, come on PD, you’re not even trying!
The main point is that Polyphony Digital is mostly focusing on collaboration with automakers in graphics part, they make a great videos, concept cars animated models, UI for cars and other non-driving related things, basically they become a design team. Kunos Simulazioni, which make professional simulators solutions aimed on completely different tasks and they succeed on providing better driving experience for the players.

Also, Tag Heuer product placement is just extremely annoying. Watchmakers don’t have a serious business in motorsports anymore, the times when guy in leather jacket with Longines chronometer stays on final straight and write drivers times on the sheet gone long time ago. Racelogic, IBM and others are in the game now. And people in PD know it well. I understand that brands like Tag Heuer now losing to Apple and other smart watches in their price segment, but I don’t understand the point to include advertising in full-price game.

What was your trick for getting gold on the 6-1? I have to use the Gp.B Mustang and am having all sorts of difficulty. I got to within 2 thousandths of a second but just can't find any more time.

I used NSX Gp.B. Really important for car postioning on corner entry for the car to be pointing on exit to the next corner entry.

I was finding that the car would rotate really well on entry but on exit it seemed to want to understeer towards the barrier meaning the next corner was always compromised.

So in the end I was aiming for the nose of the car to just skim the barrier on the apex, with the car rotated with an oversteering attitude and then bring it all back in line and flooring it straight line towards the next corner.

I guess I was drifting it around the corners, with out use of handbrake, but I’m useless at drifting. Used no TC with even brake balance.

Back