Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
So given @queleuleu find on rain sound improvement can we also speculate wet weather is coming this month update?

IMO it would make perfect sense as to why they would make these improvement... but thats just me.

I think the rain sound improvements were for the wet Northern Isle festival events, but hopefully it's a precursor for weather effects accross all tracks

Google Translate.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/00_4487953.html
Let's experience "e-Circuit" which makes the game more realistic
The platform that is used for the first time in the tournament's special stage is a platform called "e-Circuit". Among the "e-Sports" culture attracting attention in recent years, it was developed to expand the race category as "e-Motor Sports" and to expand motor sports fans, making full use of light and sound, You can taste the experience as if you are in the circuit.

:confused:

Google Translate.

The platform that is used for the first time in the tournament's special stage is a platform called "e-Circuit". Among the "e-Sports" culture attracting attention in recent years, it was developed to expand the race category as "e-Motor Sports" and to expand motor sports fans, making full use of light and sound, You can taste the experience as if you are in the circuit.

VR comes to mind, but it's just a baseless speculation

Probably not given Kaz' comments on hardware limitations previously

Did someone already tried this? I knew PS Vita is compatible with GTS (also other games) via Remote Play but how good is GTS with it? Looks pretty cool to play it in smaller device imo :

Did someone already tried this? I knew PS Vita is compatible with GTS (also other games) via Remote Play but how good is GTS with it? Looks pretty cool to play it in smaller device imo :

Input lag is probably why this photo shows the car off-track... also can you throttle/brake with the sticks?

I tried it on my PS Vita Slim and it performs alright. Though you'll need to remap the buttons first since the acceleration button is mapped at the R2 button and the R2 button is located in the rear touch pad of the PS Vita.

Input lag is probably why this photo shows the car off-track... also can you throttle/brake with the sticks?
I think it's possible. Gonna have a look when I get on my PS4.

I tried it on my PS Vita Slim and it performs alright. Though you'll need to remap the buttons first since the acceleration button is mapped at the R2 button and the R2 button is located in the rear touch pad of the PS Vita.

Okay, thank you for your explanation 👍

Why this photo shows the car off-track...

Dunno, got the tweet and directly posted here. Isn't the car seems inside the pitlane? It wasn't off track tbh...

Also, I guess this is what e-Circuit is all about @queleuleu :

Thought it is referring to the stage layout according to background pic on tweet above.

Google Translate.

If you translate the article to english, it says that on October 7th there will be a Gr.1 race at "Salto Circuit"

42114311_10156513994255586_6078523689106669568_n.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/toyota-is-hosting-its-own-gt-sport-esports-competition-in-malaysia/

Just remembered the King of Fuji (and arguably king of Gran Turismo world records?). Does anyone know what's made of him (TRL_IMMORTAL)? @TRL LIGHTNING? I remember seeing his nickname on the Top1 of the leaderboards in GT Sport back when it came out but it was very sporadic. I hope he's still racing. If not in GT, somewhere else - because he was the true alien.

Last edited:
I'm going to give @queleuleu credit for guessing Fuji.
:cool: As soon as the Hangar 7 event was revealed, it was a matter of time for the announcement of the Red Bull Ring. The same for Fuji. It seems pretty obvious for me but we never know when it's Polyphony Digital.
The next real tracks could be :
-Circuit of Barcelona : https://soymotor.com/noticias/montm...nean-una-carrera-de-24-horas-para-2018-943554 ;
-Pikes Peak (look at the credits of GTSport);
-Motegi: less likely but the Gran Turismo Café is still a thing at Motegi.

Just remembered the King of Fuji (and arguably king of Gran Turismo world records?). Does anyone know what's made of him? @TRL LIGHTNING? I remember seeing his nickname on the Top1 of the leaderboards in GT Sport back when it came out but it was very sporadic. I hope he's still racing. If not in GT, somewhere else - because he was the true alien.

He’s at the live events right now ;)

Back