Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
I was planning to do the 6pm EDT slot, but the game more or less locked up when qualifying was supposed to begin. Oh well, it's only an Exhibition Series, anyway, but I do hope this doesn't happen again for future rounds of either Exhibition Series.

Had a good practice, but my concentration was not there today in Manu. Crashed twice in death chicane in the race in GT1 driving the Aston Vantage GT3. I started on mediums and to make matters worse and silly damage system required me to pit twice to fix the damage, so 4 extra stops. Decided after the 4th additional stop to just give up and stay in the pits for a long time. Hopefully I get good scores in rd.3 and rd.5, rd.4 I will skip.

Last edited:
That first slot was a real groin punch.

NA GT1, There were no issues with the game loading. Put in a decent Q time for 2nd on the grid. Started on RM with a plan to do a 1 stop to RH. First trip through the CoD and of course I smash my car into the first wall and completely damage the full front end (fortunately the engine was spared). Got going again in next to last. Ran 5 or 6 laps and made up a couple positions. Ducked and changed to RS. Came out and had to work back up again. With 19 laps to go I switched to RH and finished the race on them. Worked back up to 9th. Disappointing.

And yes, I don't know if its a glitch or intentional, but the front bumper damage would not repair in the pits, only the wheel damage. Will give it another try in about a 1/2 hour.

Back from travel this week, my first race against live humans in a while. It looks like I picked a good week to be away, with all the server issues.

Seaside reverse (genesis X) is a track I have done well at in the past so was looking forward to this. Very happy to report no server issues in the first NA slot for GT1.

But I clipped the dang cod in my first hot qualifying lap and , guess what, heavy damage persists in qualifying too! It wasn't bad, good for P10 but shoulda/coulda done better.

My strategy was to run a one-stop, start hards and meds to finish. But the heavy damage and cod was a wild card and I was prepared to improvise. Which I had to do... clipped by someone on the first lap(!) in a corner resulting in suspension damage. Ran the hards to about lap 9 and was slighlty rear-ended around lap 7 or 8. Improvise to pit for softs, but the aero (bumpers?) was still blinking as I left the pit (suspension was repaired). I think this was significant, my soft lap times were well off my practice pace. Run out to about lap 21 and go on meds to finish. This time out of the pits, the bumpers are repaired (no indicator for this) and I immediately start laying down fastest (personal) laps. The repair bug, I believe, wasted my softs and cost me 10-20 seconds. Urghhhh.

Anyway, pretty clean race by all, finished a perfectly average P8. I like this track and I think I can do better, but I don;t think I will risk another go-round.

Looks like slot #2 is freezing up on me. Hanging just before the lobby loads. If you quit a frozen lobby like this do you get zero points or only if you quit the race?

My lobby is stuck between warm up and qualifying right now.

Considering this game has such a large emphasis on e-sports and competitive online racing, this is just ridiculous. And of course, not a peep from PD about this issue that has been going on since Thursday. Pathetic.

3 accounts, 3 races. Sounds like I got lucky with no hanging lobbies to speak of

I had been been working on alternate strategies all week to figure out what to do if I qualified mid pack and wanted to get off the main strategy…mainly for my N/A main as this was going to be my first FIA race in A+. After a lot of testing, I settled on the offbeat strategy of 2-3H,16M,16M. In all my testing this week, it was only a few seconds off the other Alpha strategies, but I figured I’d be out of traffic the majority of the time. Did a bit of suspension testing last night, to get a tad more bite into the front tires on turn in. After a bit of fiddling, I found that simply adding 3 clicks of rebound damping was enough to keep some more weight on the front. Sweet…that was much easier than tuning for Suzuka.

Woke up at 0440 “good guys” time for the second Oceanic slot. Hadn’t done much TT or Softs testing all week, and Q’d 3rd with a low 1:38. Started on hards - which threw a lot off people off behind me, and goal 1 of backing up the pack in hopes of provoking a bit of carnage was accomplished. Pitted at the end of lap 2 expecting to be at the back of the pack, only to come out in 9th!! I was kinda bummed as now I was stuck in traffic mid pack against guys on hards that were struggling. At about lap 10, I got clean air. Took the lead at end of lap 15 when the different strategies started going through their pit cycles, and then it was a pretty lonely race from there. My lap times on the mediums were right where they needed to be, but I was concerned about my total finish time, as I probably lost at least 10-15 seconds from battling mid-pack guys on RH’s. Got 189 points I think.

IMG_3689.jpeg

IMG_3690.jpeg

Had a cup o’ Joe, a PB&J, quickly followed by a BM, and decided to do the first slot of EMEA which…oddly enough is at the same time as the last oceanic slot - which was 0700 for me. Made an adjustment to my strategy and decided to go 3H,16M,15M in an attempt to get shuffled further down the order after my first stint. Qualified well and once again, confused people by starting on Hards. The plan went even worse this time, as I came out in the thick of a bunch of window-lickers, and lost a ton of time trying not to intentionally and unintentionally get taken out by them. Took the lead at lap 15, and it was a pretty lonely race from there.

IMG_3692.jpeg

IMG_3693.jpeg

Decided to do a one and done on my EU account as I was bit frazzled from manhandling 20nm in VR after only a couple hours of sleep. Took a picture of one of my dogs who was waiting to be fed after my 0700 slot.

IMG_1648.jpeg

Alright, I need to figure out another strategy for my main N/A account if I somehow qualify well in my first FIA race in A+. Decided on the meta “3 stop strategy”, and did some suspension testing to see how RS would react with fuel load and tire wear with my current tune. I settled on taking a click of rebound damping out of the rear - as I no longer needed as much weight on the front to get the Softs to bite.

First slot - N/A:

To my surprise, I actually Q’d well. Sub 1:38, but still 3/10ths off pole. I’ll take it….but this means I now gotta do a strategy I only tested once during the week, with the 3-stop.

IMG_3696.jpeg

Started on Softs this time, and the leader and I pulled a gap from 3rd, but he was slowly pulling away from me. We both mirrored each other pitting at the end of 11 for Softs, but I couldn’t close the gap - which I’m guessing was ~ 1.5 seconds. Exiting pit lane from my first stint, I got a STUPID ON MY PART pit lane penalty as I tried to cut right at the very last pixel to get a better approach and exit out of T1. 3 second penalty!!

….Further along, I had it my mind that I was going to do my RH lap after my second Softs stint… mainly because I didn’t want to forget. But secondly, I was guessing that the leader had pulled probably a ~ 7 second gap on me, and I figured my only chance at him was to get him on the last lap when he pitted for Hards, in hopes that he would screw up or something.

…he didn’t.

IMG_3695.jpeg

With the penalty line being at the start of the finish straight, a 3 second penalty probably netted you 5-6 seconds. Was kinda bummed, but kind of relieved. Not sure how much fun a battle on worn Softs would have been had I not got that penalty.

All in all, it was a fun day of racing. Would have been curious to see how my “alternate” strategy would have worked in a fast lobby, but that’s ok.

Bring on the Ring!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3694.jpeg
    IMG_3694.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
First slot actually started for me after 38 minutes of waiting. Had 4 friends in different lobbies and we all in unfroze in a 5 minute span.

Only 8 left in the race when it kicked loose and I qualified on pole and I didn’t have a strategy for that one 😂
I was door 16 and 1 and 2 were still in the race.

Started on softs. Held p1 for about 8 laps. Pitted on 10 for hard one lap then did 2 more pit for soft.
Had a really weird bug 3 times in the race where the car acted like it was out of fuel even though it wasn’t.
The last time it lasted 10 seconds or so and cost me a place.

All in all a fun race even with with the reduced group. We had a great race with plenty of granting times folks granted passage vs defending like life depends on it.

ZERO deaths in the COD for me. ZERO damage and ZERO penalties 😁

192 points for waiting it out and racing clean.

GL to all still going and don’t give up on the wait if it stalled!!!

May never see this again 😂
IMG_5992.jpeg

IMG_5990.jpeg
IMG_5991.jpeg

Last edited:
I must say after running over 150 laps of this track this weekend, I am now officially a fan of this circuit in the reverse layout!!
I could never quite figure out how to take T6 nor the right/left/right sequence that you take flat out in the normal direction (T8/9/10) but once you figure them out it feels awesome when you nail them!

Just a question regarding the lobbies not loading, but what console are you playing on for those affected? Im on ps5 and ran 2 slots in GT1 last night no worries. Another mate that's on the ps4 couldn't even get into one. I wonder if it is something that is only affecting ps4 users?

I did however experience the aero damage glitch in the first lobby. Got damage and when I pitted it didn't repair. Had to run a whole stint running 3 sec a lap slower but when I pitted a second time it eventually repaired itself. When I went back and watched the replay it actually affected everyone who got damage, so it doesn't appear to be isolated incidents but an issue with the lobby as a whole.

I must say after running over 150 laps of this track this weekend, I am now officially a fan of this circuit in the reverse layout!!
I could never quite figure out how to take T6 nor the right/left/right sequence that you take flat out in the normal direction (T8/9/10) but once you figure them out it feels awesome when you nail them!

Just a question regarding the lobbies not loading, but what console are you playing on for those affected? Im on ps5 and ran 2 slots in GT1 last night no worries. Another mate that's on the ps4 couldn't even get into one. I wonder if it is something that is only affecting ps4 users?

I did however experience the aero damage glitch in the first lobby. Got damage and when I pitted it didn't repair. Had to run a whole stint running 3 sec a lap slower but when I pitted a second time it eventually repaired itself. When I went back and watched the replay it actually affected everyone who got damage, so it doesn't appear to be isolated incidents but an issue with the lobby as a whole.
It is not only ps4 users. I’m on a ps5 and my 9pm est slot won’t load qualifying. I’ll wait until just before the next slot closes in case it comes back up.

It has benefitted me before. I remember a Nations race early on where only 3 of us stuck around….

Edit: funny enough, it was at this same track and we got to race in the night time!

Last edited:
Did 2nd slot on America's region, GT1 and I must say PD nailed with heavy damage.

I did some overtakes early in the race with a one stop strategy (21 laps with mediums and the rest on hards, in the M6) and then some people catch up by the end. No one played it dirty!

Haven't glitched, one and done.

Looking forward to the next race.

Last edited:
I was gonna do the last timeslot today, yep, waited 35 minutes for the qualifier to start from the camera pan around and gave up. What a letdown, I was looking forward to this race.

I must say, i had a blast with this weekend's manu cup. In Europe servers there was some proper racing today. I would love to see 1 hour races in Sport Mode sometime. Doubt that will happen since PD has trouble even adding new events to the world map. But all the different strategies that come into play and the close racing that is seen in these endurance races is fantastic.

Last edited:
After my abysmal performance in Rd.1, I was not at all interested in doing any more races this season, knowing that I'd be stuck with at least 1 terrible score no matter what. For some reason I was still compelled to race today, in spite of my not-great FP time, and having not done a full practice stint on ANY of the tires. I knew my only chance of a good result was to try to survive and not pick up damage while others succumbed to various hazards on the track.

Slot 1: It took 3 or 4 attempts just to get past the CoD on my outlap without crashing. One of those attempts wasn't even a crash, but me picking up a pit line penalty leaving the pits...by the time I finally finished my out lap, I only had time for 1 qualifying lap, and I was sandwiched between 2 other cars on their 2nd hot laps, and actually had to yield the racing line on the front stretch at the end of my lap to a GT-R who caught me at the end of my lap. My qualifying lap was terrible, over 2s off pole, and not even that close to the car in front of me. I was the slowest car that actually set a time in qualifying and started P14 after the 2 behind me didn't get a chance to set any laps, I assume because they also had issues not crashing.

I elected to start on Hards and do a 1H/11S/11S/11S strategy. At he end of the first lap, the 2 cars directly in front of me pitted, so I decided I wasn't going with my original strategy and elected to try a 2-stop to try to avoid traffic. I actually worked my way up to the Top 5 due to what felt like half the field spinning at the exit of the hairpin following the CoD. On Lap 5 I picked up damage at the chicane so I decided to pit for Mediums. On Lap 17 I once again messed up at the CoD and picked up damage on my worn Medums, so I pitted a couple laps early for my final Medium stint. I slowly ran down P9 on my finals tint, but he unfixable aero damage definitely hampered my pace, and in the end I finished P10, almost 1 lap behind the winner, so far behind I didn't even get to cross the finish line. It was worth 193 points - short of my 200+ point minimum, so I had nothing to lose by going again.

Slot 2: This time it was my turn to get stuck between warmup and qualifying. Fortunately I had to wait "only" 15 or 20 minutes before the game remembered how to do basic functions... Qualifying loaded with only 12 of the original 16, and I had a much better performance to start P10, but once again was the slowest car that actually set a time, 1.6s off pole and 0.3s off the car in 9th. The game then got stuck again after the grid walk, and the 2 cars that didn't set a qualifying time quit or disconnected, leaving me starting 10th of 10 starters. Once again I bolted on the Hards anticipating a 3-stop strategy. Up ahead, the Aston in 6th got the CoD wrong and clipped the wall at the 2nd apex, which bounced them into the outside wall in the middle of the chicane, causing a pileup for 7th-9th, with a McLaren getting engine damage and the Aston and 1 other picking up penalties as a result. That put me up to 6th by the end of Lap 1, after which I promptly pitted for Softs. I came out of the pits in 8th, which became 7th after a Ferrari that was being a complete menace quit. At the end of Lap 2 I was up to 5th after a couple more ahead of me pitted. A few laps later another one pitted, giving me 4th. I then set about chasing down 3rd, who was dealing with damage from the Lap 1 pile up, and I eventually took that spot on track before pitting for my 2nd stop a couple laps later at the end of Lap 12, dropping me back down to 5th.

Someone else behind me eventually dropped out, leaving only 8 cars in the race. 8th place parked it in the pits a little past halfway, leaving only 7 of us actually racing. Eventually I cycled up to the lead of the race (!) thanks to the leaders still having to make an extra pit stop for Hard tires. I still had 1 more stop to make though, and fell back to 4th when I did. I made quick work of passing the polesitting Porsche for 3rd at the end of my out lap, once again thanks to them carrying damage, and set about chasing after 2nd. I took 2nd with 3 laps to go (they were off pace due to - of course - damage). I slowly began catching the leader too, but it was only by a few tenths per lap and I was 10s behind with 3 laps left, so 2nd place is where I would finish for 274 points and as the ONLY car with no damage. This was absolutely a race of attrition - 16 started and only 8 finished, only 7 of which were on the lead lap. Unlike my clumsy driving at Suzuka (and to a lesser extent the first slot tonight), I managed to achieve my mission of surviving the race in tact instead of falling back and getting mired in with the rest of the pack.
20230930_212116.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230930212059.jpg

Last edited:
PMK
I must say, i had a blast with this weekend's manu cup. In Europe servers there was some proper racing today. I would love to see 1 hour races in Sport Mode sometime.

I honestly think these length races are a MUST in the dailies (Daily D) going forward considering how much PD are pushing the e-sports angle. This race length combined with heavy damage produced some of the cleanest, most sensible racing I have seen online in this game. It's good because it gets you out of the mentality of "I need to overtake at every opportunity" that you get in daily B with the 4-5 lap sprints.

Dragon Trail was decent this evening. My last race we had two Rustangs. One driver asked me abouty car changing colors, I thought he'd seen me side by side with the other Mustang. Nope, on watching the replay, from Beavis's viewpoint only (in the McLaren), my car's base color changes from orange to white and back! The car's original color was orange, I just stripped the livery and made one specifically for that race.
Dampers were adjustable in the settings, I had softened the front dampers by five points on bound and rebound and softened the rear bound by five points, then shut down TCS and AdvanceTrak (ASM) and run RH and RS tires as required. I kept the MFD on TCS, bumping it to 1 occasionally. Equipment wise I'm running a gen 2 Dual Sense, PSVR2, Pulse headset, disc edition PS5 and the game is running from the add on SSD.
Weird for sure!
I also saw a three way crash where the middle car (me) could not be seen by two others who were about to duke it out. I backed off and the Subaru to my right lost traction and clipped the Martin on my left. The Subaru exited post haste, the Martin shook a bit and kept going. My reaction to that caused me to enter the next turn a tad fast, I lost control momentarily then recovered and rushed on by the Martin.
I also picked up a 2 second penalty in the bus stop on lap 3. There was a lot of contact and far too many drivers braking hard on entry. I never brake for that, just slow down a little. Granted I should have expected the pile of cars to brake, but I just drove on in, so the penalty may be legit. It didn't tell me why I got the penalty, though. Usually it does.

Last edited:
I didn't do the race this week because I'm slow at Seaside reverse but I was happy to see that I was still 12th out of 36 for Dodge, then I noticed it says that it's top 75% money. Is the money percent wrong for anyone else? Hopefully PD fixes this before the final event ends. I didn't check if the percent is accurate for overall ranking

GT1, Slot 3 (22:00)

After some delay between warmup and qualifying, the lobby for the final slot actually got unstuck. Qualifying began and I was in with @SPL170db. I managed to start P4. When the race was about to start however, there was another pause and only 9 players were left.

To sum up my race, while I managed to nail the death chicane every lap with very little to no issue, I unfortunately crashed twice elsewhere on the track, being stuck with permanent aero damage after the second one. Of course, this threw my whole pit strategy out of whack when I originally planned to go with a balanced 10S/10S/10S/4H strategy. In the end I finished P8, which was actually dead last since another person dropped out, for 136 points.

This post is a short one since I was so annoyed with not only how my race went but the fact I got shafted out of my two attempts at this thanks to whatever is going on with the servers lately, that I didn’t bother taking a screenshot or saving the replay. But the silver lining though is that my score was still enough to jump me up the rankings quite a bit for now.

Gran Turismo® 7_20231001041858.png

I didn't do the race this week because I'm slow at Seaside reverse but I was happy to see that I was still 12th out of 36 for Dodge, then I noticed it says that it's top 75% money. Is the money percent wrong for anyone else? Hopefully PD fixes this before the final event ends. I didn't check if the percent is accurate for overall ranking
It's not wrong. Since you're not meeting the goal for being in the top 25%, you only get money for meeting the goal underneath it, which is top 75%. You're only paid for the goals you meet or exceed, and since there's no top 33% tier, that means 75%.

Have to agree. I don’t mind Seaside as a track but never got the hang off Seaside reverse. After running a lot of laps in the Silvia I find it’s a really great track in the Gr4s. They are overtaking opportunities but you have to be brave.

I remember doing Seaside reverse in the Gr3 race a few months back and that was pretty fun to race too. Definitely a very rewarding track when you nail it

I was PS5, and had no issue in my 3 attempts.

What are GT2/3 thinking for strategy for the 20-lap Nations Cup race with the Red Bull cars this week?

I did a practice race last night and fuel isn't going to be an issue.

The race requires all 3 tire compounds, though. The strategy that's forming in my mind is this:
  • Do 1 lap on hards, either at the start or the end (hat tip to @Fezzik for pointing out this loophole last week)
  • Use softs as long as they are better than mediums -- guessing this will be 10-15 laps, but will have to test it to find the sweet spot
  • Mediums for whatever is left over
But what order? I would guess it depends on where you qualify. If you are near the front, I would think S-M-H, so you can build up a lead early in the race and spend the later part defending it. At the back, maybe the reverse, H-M-S, so you can get the best possible times out of the slow tires unmolested, then attack at the end when the front-runners are on the slower tires. What about mid-pack? Maybe M-S-H so you aren't wasting the softs in traffic when everybody is bunched together at the start of the race. Thoughts?

Back