Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,166 comments
this has become one of my biggest gripes about the state of play currently (among others). Do you recall when they introduced grand valley and they were showing off with a sunset/night drive there? My goodness! Since then.... I think they once had a sunset drive at bathurst, a morning nord once. Can't think of many others in 2+ years. They just ran 24laps at spa but couldn't be bothered with any night transitions. We know they can do it, why aren't they? Is it taxing on the servers in sport mode?
Less server more hardware. Even though PS5's are more available how many players are still using PS4's?
I'm guessing they'll be less happy to utilise transitions in sport mode.

Less server more hardware. Even though PS5's are more available how many players are still using PS4's?
I'm guessing they'll be less happy to utilise transitions in sport mode.
I think this is now more of a legacy myth from the terrible game release. I hosted our endurance races from my ps4 last year.

Can't say I'm particularly enthusiastic about that Nations schedule. The TBD round is interesting because I would presume that means a new track and/or car, but the other rounds just don't excite me.

Fuji looks like an all-out sprint on Hards unless they throw rain in there. SSRX presumably will turn into a Mercedes one-make again. Monza in Group 1 with 3x fuel/1x tyres sounds like a recipe for an all-out sprint as well. I'd guess the fuel lasts just about full race distance.

I was already thinking about skipping the next season as I've been looking forward to Path of Exile 2 going into early access next month for some time now. This doesn't really win me over.

Still kind of baffled how much variety they have at their fingertips for Nations and yet we end up with 4-round exhibition seasons containing repeats of relatively recent combos.

Edit - Just scanned over them again. Seems Monza is 25 laps in GT1 and 17 laps in GT2/3. Maybe GT1 will need a fuel stop then. I also noticed that round has light damage in GT1 instead of heavy. If PD is deliberately turning that down then I imagine they predict it will be a bloodbath, which makes it even less appealing.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm particularly enthusiastic about that Nations schedule. The TBD round is interesting because I would presume that means a new track and/or car, but the other rounds just don't excite me.

Fuji looks like an all-out sprint on Hards unless they throw rain in there. SSRX presumably will turn into a Mercedes one-make again. Monza in Group 1 with 3x fuel/1x tyres sounds like a recipe for an all-out sprint as well. I'd guess the fuel lasts just about full race distance.

I was already thinking about skipping the next season as I've been looking forward to Path of Exile 2 going into early access next month for some time now. This doesn't really win me over.

Still kind of baffled how much variety they have at their fingertips for Nations and yet we end up with 4-round exhibition seasons containing repeats of relatively recent combos.

Edit - Just scanned over them again. Seems Monza is 25 laps in GT1 and 17 laps in GT2/3. Maybe GT1 will need a fuel stop then. I also noticed that round has light damage in GT1 instead of heavy. If PD is deliberately turning that down then I imagine they predict it will be a bloodbath, which makes it even less appealing.
Gr.4 Fuji looks like that one they had with a scripted downpour in the final sector at the end of L14 where everyone ran the Mazda

GT1
1729856325638.png

GT2/3
1729856365991.png

Source for the last round

Gr.4 Fuji looks like that one they had with a scripted downpour in the final sector at the end of L14 where everyone ran the Mazda
The thought crossed my mind too. Even went looking for that Mazda race to compare settings.

If it turns out that it is a copy-paste job followed by some small edits, I'm not sure what I'd say in response. There doesn't seem to be a lot of energy going into event planning anymore.

Usually with a new car they'd still include the track. So it 'suggests' a new track unless Hasnain is correct in which the exclusion of Spa is baffling.

Agree with all of you. A big MEH!

Round 1 will be all Lambos as - according to the current leaderboards - it's the fastest car around the track, let alone being great in the wet due to its AWD. Adding a possibility of rain helps a little (still yet to be seen anyway) but does not make up for the otherwise lame criteria.

Round 2 is the Meme race.... again. I know some people love this, but it's just not for me. Heck, I even won one of these in GT1 way back when (much in part to a late bump by Dragline!). I do think the last quarter of the last lap is exciting, I'll say that much!

Round 3 was just a Daily race (ok, I get they're trying to acquire data which is fine) so it looks like this race will be either the Audi or Bugatti. Might be some strat here, but it will definitely be a shrimpshow.

TBD race? We'll have to wait and see. Not holding my breath for a new track so likely a new car on a current track.

As much as I like racing Gr cars I do feel for those who prefer the street cars that rely on these Nations races to get their fix. Nice thing about Nations is it's wide open; PD can pick anything in the game, as they're not tied to using only race cars with a certain manufacturer. But, they don't... because reasons. At least the RB X2019 car isn't on the docket... yet.

As much as I like racing Gr cars I do feel for those who prefer the street cars that rely on these Nations races to get their fix. Nice thing about Nations is it's wide open; PD can pick anything in the game, as they're not tied to using only race cars with a certain manufacturer. But, they don't... because reasons. At least the RB X2019 car isn't on the docket... yet.
At least the mystery race is on sports softs so there's at least one likely road car race.

Unless it's just the karts. If it ends up just being karts at Spa then I'll be very sad.

I see round 1 is now displayed in the game so I've jumped into free practice. Just going to leave it running for a while to see if any rain appears.

If it does and it's the blast over the start of sector 3 like that Mazda race, I will not be impressed...

Edit - 33 minutes into free practice and nothing. Unless they're hiding rain behind different FP/race settings, this is going to be a near one-make sprint with a mandatory pit stop. No thanks!

Last edited:
I've just done a few laps of the Fuji race (Veyron) and it's definitely a low grip configuration for the track surface. The lighting and time of day play tricks on the mind but even for RH there is less grip than I'd have expected.

Edit: running a few more laps, as the tires start cold and you need 2/3 to hit grip and a time it's like this is set up after the rain has happened with the tires and the track getting better and better.

Looking at the sky box I'm not sure this is going to be a weather race at all.

Not going to be a spectacularly amazing race though and lap 1 sector 1 with these grip levels to start with won't be easy especially in some of the lower splits.

Last edited:
Back