Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,097 comments
Will only be available to play sporadically today (already know no evening/night races) so I did one on the AO account this morning using Ferrari. The Ferrari is, how do I say, absolute shrimp around RA. It's a chore, honestly. Eventually I turned on CSA and that helped, but I hate CSA. I'll run it if I must, but it really kills the feeling of the car in the turns. So I turned that off and wet ASM which helped the deadly oversteer on entry. It was still unstable, but good enough. It's odd because I took the Ferrari for a spin around Nord for the last race of the season and it drove great. Guess RA isn't its track.

Anyway, it was a fun race regardless. Started Q4 with an 18.2 (I think... bad time in a bad car, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it). I really like how there's 10 min quali time now. I think it makes people feel less rushed so to speak, and more respectful during qual.

Decided to start on RMs and had some good battles with a Supra and a Porsche, and a little with an AMG. Some were on RSs and some were on RMs which made things interesting. Regardless, good clean racing from all which is all I really care about. Finished P2 behind the AMG that was on the RM-RS strat as well.

e43855f3e0786b8c3d8dec31af5c1438_photo.webp

797790b99b3d09f3b1738ef37200333a_photo.webp

GT1 first slot EMEA

Door 10

Manu: Nissan

Not really much to say not a load pics either.

I QT 5th 1:18.2 pole was deed in to the 1:17s

Started mediums and it was a good thing to do, three in front of me battled and one went 🥲 so up to P4, they pit and I'm up to P2 and I'll be honest the guy at the front should not have been in our lobby pace wise. Long story short I cock the pit Strats up come off my mediums far to early and well 10th.

Going back to P1 he had nearly lapped everyone up until P8 😲

Quite a boring, focused intense race but purely for pace management.

Funny thing though is in race on mediums I was hitting my soft lap practice times.

I want to go again I just genuinely don't thing I can muster the motivation for it as it's a fairly "dry" race so to speak, and 28 laps is neither here or there but feels like a time filler length than a racing focused length.

Edit:

There was no pit entry or exit issues that I could see but this was GT1 so I expect a little bit of experience plays in to avoiding carnage.

Last edited:
Not a good day for me today. The Renault really felt out of place at Road Atlanta as a handling car. Just so, so helpless being forced into single file in the handling areas and then you get obliterated down the back straight. The lack of power was very, very noticeable on this one.

I started P10 with a 1:17.842, started on Mediums and promptly got overtaken into turn 1 by the Beetle behind me. I then had the car behind right up my rear bumper whilst reeling the Beetle back in through sector 1 on lap 2. I tried making a move on the Beetle at turn 7 (start of the back straight), only for him to bounce off of me a bit at the apex. I don't know if that was him turning in on me or netcode/lag, but I held off to let him recover and promptly fell back to P13 for it. :indiff:

Another position was lost shortly afterwards going under the Fox Factory banner as I had to lift to avoid rear-ending a Porsche, and that let the Porsche behind me slip by going past the pit entry. I take the position back at turn 1, only to then pick up a track limits penalty for sliding wide at the end of the sector 1 S-bends... :banghead:

From there, I just wound up fighting with the Porsche that slipped by under the banner, gradually falling away from everyone else. He picked up a track limits penalty on lap 9, but the polesitter had come out of the pits right behind us and utterly outgunned me down the straight. I couldn't do anything, got held up which cancelled out the Porsche's penalty and then he went for it into turn 1 so back down to last place.

The Porsche eventually made another mistake on lap 13 which finally released me, and then I managed to start going at my pace from my practice runs which gradually started to drop him.

3 people had quit by the time I time I took my pit stop at the end of lap 17 (which should have been 18 now in hindsight) and I came out in P11. I managed to reel in a Honda over my Soft stint but then couldn't do anything to get past. The tyres were just too worn by then to actually make good on any slides or mistakes he made.

P11, 154 points. I won't be going again as I'd need a miracle. There's nowhere good to make a pass without going all-in on some gutsy dive. Just hoping the Nurburgring goes better!

Last edited:
In GT1?! You'd have been 7th in my GT2 lobby! I was 11th with an 18.5 :lol:
I was a low GT1 one lobby to be fair...in the supra id expect 1:16s

You don't have to be the fastest for GT1 but being A ranked at the time.....

You go with the roll you get.

But in all honesty I'm glad I didn't have your experience of push to pass stuff etc the race pace was a bit to quick for that and heavy damage

Edit: in GT2 I'd probably have been pole... but where is the fun in that, race your peers.

Last edited:
You don't have to be the fastest for GT1 but being A ranked at the time.....
Indeed, I'd just expect more of a time difference. Either that or there's a lot of A/A+ drivers dropping to B to start the seasons for some reason.

Quite frustrating to be apparently on a relatively okay pace for an A lobby but stuck in DR B and getting tenth.

Indeed, I'd just expect more of a time difference. Either that or there's a lot of A/A+ drivers dropping to B to start the seasons for some reason.

Quite frustrating to be apparently on a relatively okay pace for an A lobby but stuck in DR B and getting tenth.
It's a problem, in all honesty. You know my my pace, consistency is a bit hit and miss.

But hand on heart I'm doing GT1 with the ability of an A driver on the day or TT but B rated and the whole lobby was B rated.

By just poor results I drop down to B, there are some that clearly are much quicker dropped down.

I mean I don't mind that but it does devalue the point of lobbies not based on pace.

Started 12th after getting a 1:18.4 in quali, a second off a Dutch driver in a BMW who stuck it on pole. I started on mediums, but I suffered diffuser damage thanks to some bunching up in the esses on lap 2, so I had to suffer with reduced straight line speed for the next 16 laps. I gained some places as the soft starters pitted in from lap 7 onwards. After pitting for softs at the end of lap 18, I gained on a British Porsche (with a Swedish-themed livery somehow) who almost certainly pitted for mediums a few laps earlier, as they didn't pit again for the rest of the race. Despite my best efforts, they were doing their best impression of Sergio Perez at Abu Dhabi '21, and we were shortly joined by another Porsche, this time driven by a Russian. We ran nose-to-tail for a few laps as no-one could pass and no-one was stupid enough to role-play as Mazepin. The Brit slipped up around lap 24 at the exit of the Esses and picked up a track limits penalty, finally letting me up into 5th place...only for me to pick up a penalty myself on lap 27, letting both the Brit and Russian through. I got lucky a minute letter as the Brit had a nasty snap of oversteer exiting the first chicane, allowing me to slip past and snatch 6th and 126pts on the last lap.

Back