Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,062 comments
When I was running with other cars in both races I always lost time going into the tunnel, so this probably explains why. It still doesn't feel like a dive to me but if I'm on completely the wrong line it would explain things.
You aren't on the wrong line in QT or TT or free air.

The thing for me is that you were both slow and his wider line isn't "a gap" and then making contact before the long straight isn't ideal.

Edit:

This is a big issue with the racing online, the wider line isn't an invitation.

Too much senna don't for the gap crap exists.

Going in to that space is fine, but recognise they are lining up and on the throttle earlier, you will be on it later to avoid contact. If you even run a car wide with contact or just because you know you have is not cool.

Racing room is racing room and that's why on the good days we can race door to door. On the bad days it's being run wide or punted.

99% of people just race online like racing the AI.

Nobody cares about being a better racer anymore just "faster or A+" 😥

Soap box away now.

Last edited:
I nearly didn’t race because I was hearing bad things from people but I gave it a go anyway and I’m glad I did.
Qually p4 with a solid lap. P1 to P10 was covered by under a second so I was fully expecting to get mugged with the brz’s lack of power early on.
I got away poorly and I had to work hard to catch back up to the leaders. The race became a 3 way battle for the lead with myself mostly in second place. I was loosing 0.5s down the back straight and was really working hard to keep the pressure on p1 and I was having to defend from p3 who didn’t let up either. I’ve taken to defending clearly and early now and it seems to be working quite well.
I managed to take the lead after the final stop and then ran off at sector one (yes we have been here before, sadly). The 3 way battle then became a 4 way battle and then a 5 way battle and I managed to sneak back into p3 right at the end.
An absolutely fantastic race, everybody was really on the limit the whole time and battling hard but smart all the same.
Glad everyone else here generally seemed to have a good night too.
:gtpflag:

Did a small test at Road Atlanta with the Huracan and it doesn't fill me with optimism. Ran with the softs and got a 1:18.3xx after 8 laps. Optimals were a little below 1:18 but the car is, again, all over the place under braking.

The first round at Dragon Trail was totally fine but on TM and RA it's really unpleasent to drive. Nothing changed and I don't know what's going on here 🤔
Also tested, but with the M6. This is a really awesome track to drive around on, only thing is that my laptimes here suck big times.
Mind you, there are only 4 BMW's in the global top 10 so it might be the car that is the issue....

Last edited:
Back