Gran Turismo World Series R2: Prague Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 102 comments
I questioned Lopez strategy and was working, but all the maybes. Another intense one to the last corner.

Does anyone know what these small screens/lights between wheel and TV were for? I think P. Urra had his indicator on for half the race because it blocked the view of the indicator indicator on screen :lol:

This was my first time in Prague and at a GTWS event, it was great fun

Attachments

• DSC_0808_1.JPG
    DSC_0808_1.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 5
This is super fun to watch as a viewer, but I'm also not sure the peloton-like quality was quite what PD want to present, that accident was always going to happen.
I mean they're the ones that keep messing with the slipstream, clearly they want "close racing".

Man, all three of those races were really exciting. Literally, all coming down to the last turn of the last lap. Really fun to watch; congrats to Buhdeima and Gallo.

Ugh - i drew the big goose egg this time. Lexus was absolutely horrible and Yaminaka got tossed towards the rear.

It might be just me but I was kinda surprised that Drumont didnt at least get an investigation for that last turn incident with Cerrano

Maybe the stewards thought it was just racing ?

The races were great but the redbull is kinda ridiculous. At times it felt like watching races in 2x speed.
Absolutely agree with this. Had way more fun watching the race at Eiger (although it was a little too wacky for my taste with all the wall bumps).

The race at Red Bull Ring felt a lot like a good, proper race, with strategy, good driving etc.

The Red Bull X2019s are way way too fictional. it's like watching the WEC and then switching to a F Zero speedrun x3

The races were great but the redbull is kinda ridiculous. At times it felt like watching races in 2x speed.
Which is weird i remember the x2019 racing in this same track in 2020 and it wasn't as chaotic
Easy way to solve this is create a x2019 Junior with less power or just a X2024 that is way closer to a formula car

Last edited:
Which is weird i remember the x2019 racing in this same track in 2020 and it wasn't as chaotic
Easy way to solve this is create a x2019 Junior with less power or just a X2024 that is way closer to a formula car
Is it me or did GT Sport feel...slower in comparison to GT7? I think that might be where the disconnect is.

I don't mind the X2019, although I agree maybe it should just be at the World Finals for variety. Mainly they just need to find a way to spread the field out a bit. Any race, no matter the car, where you have seven cars within a second like they were just pre-crash is going to look a bit ridiculous.

Last edited:
Is it me or did GT Sport feel...slower in comparison to GT7? I think that might be where the disconnect is.
This could be it,the wind/downforce physics update must have made the x2019 even more of a grip monster.Even the pros can barely handle them.
Recent physics update might have something to do with this.

I totally give up on "predicting" winners because in the past contests I have not even come close to a correct guess.

I can't even watch them. I keep getting server errors, even after resetting my network. Would have liked to have gotten the 2 vgts for resell purposes.

I can't even watch them. I keep getting server errors, even after resetting my network. Would have liked to have gotten the 2 vgts for resell purposes.
You don't actually need to watch any part of them, clicking the button (changing it from blue "Entry Available" to grey "Entry Submitted") is enough.

You don't actually need to watch any part of them, clicking the button (changing it from blue "Entry Available" to grey "Entry Submitted") is enough.
I don't even get that far. As soon as I click watch program (?), I get a server error. Been happening a lot lately also when I check out what my son (friend) has been playing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but never with GT7.

IMO x2019 is also so much overused and always produce randomness, chaos and drama so real abilities of that drivers blurs a little...
This car is so sketchy and unpredictable. I know that Adrian Newey was involved in designing that car and PD is so proud of that and they keep pushing it, but it's too much already...
They just added that racing version of Genesis X VGT, why not use it?! It would give some sense of freshness at least. 🤨

Pretty poor stewarding at these events when they're letting this slide
At full speed and in real time, that was a wiggle and countersteer. Inostroza was just in the wrong place.

The headscratcher is Drumont/Serrano, which was similar to the one that got Pol Urra disqualified from an entire round of online races (and shouldn't have merited any punishment) but without the excuse of lag and with far more significant consequences.

At full speed and in real time, that was a wiggle and countersteer. Inostroza was just in the wrong place.

The headscratcher is Drumont/Serrano, which was similar to the one that got Pol Urra disqualified from an entire round of online races (and shouldn't have merited any punishment) but without the excuse of lag and with far more significant consequences.
Not to mention he almost lost it as well. It was a racing incident. Insinuating he took a line that will bring himself off road is dumb from Inostroza. I can definitely understand the frustration though.

Both Lopez and Inostroza could have avoided the accident. At that point in the race and with the different strategies they were using, they were not competing for position, so Lopez could have avoided defending the line so much and Inostroza could have avoided the attempt to overtake at a point where it was easy to lose control.

Ultimately, Lopez was ahead, on his line, and did not make any sudden changes of direction. Nothing can be blamed on him.

Back