Sardegna Leaderboard: Grind Times for 45 Cars, Strategies, Tunes & FAQ's (post 1.31)

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 593 comments
Great time larzi i tried all weekend to get a sub 22:40 but to no avail every run i made enough mistakes to cost me 5 sec or more overall and it seams since the last update the ai are slightly faster so the first lap is tricky sometimes i loose 2 sec catching the cars in the wrong corner. I got my fastest laps down to low 1:27:1 but loosing to much time on the slower laps. Going to keep trying to achieve a 22:39 but its going to have to be really consistent and driving at 10/tenths

@Larzi- Congrats on Making both the “22” club and breaking the Fastest Drivers list (that hasn’t changed in a while), Smokin time man! Very impressive.

With that type of speed you should give a try with the other Group C cars; you will likely break into the 22’s with all of them.

Btw, I forgot to ask when you posted tunes for a few cars the other day… Were they on a PS5 remote or racing Wheel?

@Larzi- Congrats on Making both the “22” club and breaking the Fastest Drivers list (that hasn’t changed in a while), Smokin time man! Very impressive.

With that type of speed you should give a try with the other Group C cars; you will likely break into the 22’s with all of them.

Btw, I forgot to ask when you posted tunes for a few cars the other day… Were they on a PS5 remote or racing Wheel?
I use PS5 and G29 wheel and pedals.

Back to grinding Sardegna with a couple of times to share, good to see more faces joining the competition 😁
First of all, I managed to get CLK-LM under 24 minutes, using 1 stop strategy:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230531004251.jpg

I have also improved my time with the R92CP by a little bit, but still far away from the top guys here:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230526004741.jpg

Last but not least, I tested the GR010 after receiving it. Sadly took a pic too late, so don't have the fastest lap but it was high 1:33.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230529145044.jpg

Into the 22:38s i don't think i can go any faster, i knew i was driving fast tonight these are 3 consecutive runs all faster then the previous attempt.

Attachments

• D3949437-20AC-41C0-9F78-3DEDDBEDDEB1.jpeg
    D3949437-20AC-41C0-9F78-3DEDDBEDDEB1.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 39
  • E76C8BE0-13F4-4065-8DAD-E1BE7B70B34C.jpeg
    E76C8BE0-13F4-4065-8DAD-E1BE7B70B34C.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 7A266234-8AE7-483D-9B0C-18E1B65A618B.jpeg
    7A266234-8AE7-483D-9B0C-18E1B65A618B.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 37
Into the 22:38s i don't think i can go any faster, i knew i was driving fast tonight these are 3 consecutive runs all faster then the previous attempt.
Congratulations! What next? A new car or a little break after all this grind? You worked hard for this.

Once again, amazing time!

Last edited:
Thanks Larzi now i want to try some different cars without being focused on the overall time. I just spent 25mil on some cars so im going to have to race for more cash

sardegna_f1_gtr_97.jpg

I started the day by trying to get mclaren under 24. Not quite successful.

sardegna_787b.jpg

Then I started doing the rest of the classic gr1 cars that I hadn't driven yet. First Mazda, which was pretty carefree to drive.

sardegna_sauber_c9.jpg

Then the Sauber C9, which demanded quite heavy fuel saving: It also ate rear tires really fast. I spun several times and drove like 3 times the length of the race to get one done. Best lap not in picture but it was 1:28:296.

sardegna_xjr9.jpg

Then it was Jaguar's turn. Nothing special.

sardegna_962c.jpg

And last one was the Porsche which was my favorite. Huge amount of low rpm torque.

Summary:
Porsche 962 C, Race time: 22:45.910, Best lap 1:27.508
Mazda 787B, Race time: 22:46.483, Best lap: 1:27.592
Jaguar XJR-9, Race time: 22:51.520, Best lap: 1:28.186
Sauber Mercedes C9, Race time: 22:52.985, Best lap: 1:28:296
Mclaren F1 GTR Race Car, Race time: 24:08.718, Best lap: 1:33.430

Attachments

• Sauber_lap_time.jpg
    Sauber_lap_time.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 26
I remember a post here suggesting to post our times even if we're not competing with the best - Gran Turismo 7 being my first simulation/simcade game I'm not yet good at pushing the cars to the limits, but not so bad either. So here goes my 24:29 with the 787B (made against easy AI), probably closer to a baseline for other moderately-skilled grinders

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20230603065931.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20230603065931.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 25
Amazing time with the Porsche! Could you share the tune used? I often struggle with understeer.
Yeah Porsche and Nissan are the worst in terms of understeer. I use same newest turbodatsun suspension, rear diff and aero tune for all cars what he posted with WR time. Buy turbo upgrade if available. I prefer the medium turbo because it is more suitable for fuel saving by offering more mid rpm torque. Lower the power by using Power Restrictor. Adjust gears for your liking and driving style. I use longer first gears because it suit better for my driving style, and it's easier with worn tires. Turbo probably have way better throttle control than me :). No Ballast. Finish tune by adjusting aero to get close as possible to pp limit.
Porsche gears: Final 2.352, 1st 2.243, 2nd 1,889, 3rd 1,645, 4th 1.413, 5th 1.274.
Wow Larzi i was convinced the nissan was the fastest but after your time in the 962c im not so sure 😳
Mazda also have a lot of 22:39 pontential with your new tune. You may have betting the wrong horse.

@BobDx123 You forgot to update my times in the top thirty sheet 👉👈. Quick, those will be crushed soon :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Wow, lots of stuff to address…

@Turbodatsun Amazing Time with the R92CP, you’ve really continued to push the envelope and beat that time down over and over.
Glad to hear you’ve purchased some new cars to try. You are obviously very competitive but I hope you continue posting times with other cars if you grind with things other than the Nissan. Aside from the R92CP and 787 most of my times are from either the 1st or 2nd runs knowing I can improve on them later, nothing wrong with that, and hopefully with additional times on the board it promotes others to try. I usually preface the posted times with what happened, like a crash, ran out of gas etc…

I’m still waiting to revisit the group C cars after I can figure out how to deal with the understeer more effectively on the controller or end up with a wheel.
————————————

@Larzi- Wow man. FYI, Not only have you taken 2nd place for fastest run, and with a new car, you now hold 7 of the 10 fastest car times, including 4 in the 5 top spots. You are also the first one with 5 cars in the 22 club. Only the Escudo is left.

The fact you did that in a day is beyond bonkers. Congrats man, quite the achievement.

Also, I updated your CLK run yesterday morning before Turbos post. A few minutes ago I added the one’s you just posted. Can you tell me which I missed so can look for it? If it’s one of those, you have to hit the refresh button on the page for it to display new info. The fastest cars sheet was the last one I updated today, It would have displayed the other 2 sheets without it if you checked before I finished as they are 3 separate spreadsheets.
——————————-

@kowalski__1 Great time with the R92CP, you’re right on the cusp. I’m sure you’ll break the barrier shortly 👍
Welcome aboard man.

——————————

@pikachuyann Nice time with the Mazda. Absolutely happy to have the time posted, there are plenty of players on here at various competitive levels. its up on the board now. BTW, you might find yourself getting even better times on “Hard” difficulty setting at that pace. You’re lapping everyone twice already and the higher difficulty will help reduce the slow traffic and congestion while giving you the chance to draft behind cars to gain speed and save fuel.

—————————

Although not necessary, the format @Larzi- is using to post his times is super helpful to me, specifically when multiple races are posted. After the photo of proof for times he has the list of everything at the bottom in order by race time. I don’t have to zoom in or look through pics to get the info I need them being in order saves me time. The link below is his post from above that I’m talking about.

Post in thread 'Grind Times, Strategies, Tunes & FAQ’s for Sardegna, (post 1.31)'
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/grind-times-strategies-tunes-faq’s-for-sardegna-post-1-31.418227/post-14027110
—————————
(mean’t to post the following other day)

I believe I learned something pretty cool regarding swaps for this race (or just in general)…

I’ve always wondered about this and now I’m pretty confident that swapped cars take on the fuel efficiency of their donor.

I just brought out the swapped R34 to Sardegna TT and turned on Fuel + Tire Wear and at FM1 is estimated 7-8 laps, a one stop for fuel anyway. Tires are going to be a very different story of course

The R92CP goes in both the R33 and R34 and the 787B engine has ‘90 & ‘02 RX7’s, the RX8 ‘12 and Mazda 3

Of course their handling + braking will keep them from any crazy times but impressive for swaps

—————————-

Lastly,

I don’t know if any of you have recorded some hot laps from races but would be really great to have some vids of these super fast times that could be helpful/instructional to a lot of players. The more the better. If anyone has stuff but nowhere to post it (or don’t want personal youtube on here) I’m happy to upload from my channel as well and link it here. If that’s the case, message me about it

Last edited:
Also, I updated your CLK run yesterday morning before Turbos post. A few minutes ago I added the one’s you just posted. Can you tell me which I missed so can look for it? If it’s one of those, you have to hit the refresh button on the page for it to display new info. The fastest cars sheet was the last one I updated today, It would have displayed the other 2 sheets without it if you checked before I finished as they are 3 separate spreadsheets.
Sorry my bad. I guess you were mid updating it. I just saw other sheets but not that one updated.
Although not necessary, the format @Larzi- is using to post his times is super helpful to me, specifically when multiple races are posted. After the photo of proof for times he has the list of everything at the bottom in order by race time. I don’t have to zoom in or look through pics to get the info I need them being in order saves me time. The link below is his post from above that I’m talking about.
Yeah that was my reasoning begin with it. You have so much work to do for us and copying times from a picture is annoying. This little help is the least I can do. It also reduces the number of errors when you can just copy the times directly from the message.
I believe I learned something pretty cool regarding swaps for this race (or just in general)…

I’ve always wondered about this and now I’m pretty confident that swapped cars take on the fuel efficiency of their donor.

I just brought out the swapped R34 to Sardegna TT and turned on Fuel + Tire Wear and at FM1 is estimated 7-8 laps, a one stop for fuel anyway. Tires are going to be a very different story of course

The R92CP goes in both the R33 and R34 and the 787B engine has ‘90 & ‘02 RX7’s, the RX8 ‘12 and Mazda 3
That's right. Race car engine swapped road cars have always been the best options in Le Mans and Tokyo grind because you can just use FM1 for the whole race.

Other notable swaps for future testing are:
Amuse S2000 GT1 - HR-414E-NSX (Honda NSX GT500 '16)
Honda NSX Type R '92 - HR-414E-NSX (Honda NSX GT500 '16)
Honda NSX Type R '02 - HR-414E-NSX (Honda NSX GT500 '16)
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 - VK45DE-GT-R (Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '08)
Subaru BRZ Drift Car - HR-414E-NSX (Honda NSX GT500 '16) <--- If you can tune this for track driving

There are also numerous gr3 swaps.

Last edited:
Sardegna_escudo_photo.jpg

After several failed attempts I managed to pull clean run without any shenanigans with AI or me. I used RealPlonker's tune. On the first attempt I was 40 seconds behind the fastest time, 40 seconds! I wondered how it was even possible to drive so much faster. The car was so twitchy. I tweeked the tune and tried again. Not much of an improvement. At some point I went to the GT Auto to see what it can do there. There I noticed that I had been using wide rims and a wide offset all along, which had come with the loaded livery :lol:. When I changed the rims to default the car became so much faster. It was still difficult to drive consistently well.

I changed the original tune slightly that I decreased the downforce in the front and increased it in the back. I also decreased acceleration sensitivity by half. This way I got the car stable enough that I could drive 15 laps without crashing. I missed fastest time by just a little bit, but I'm not going to try this again right away. @RealPlonker you can keep your position :lol:.

I also drove a new car to the list. Porsche 919 Hybrid with no stop strategy.

Suzuki Escudo '98
Race Time: 22:52.987
Best Lap: 1:26:233

Porsche 919 Hybrid '16
Race Time: 24:17.438
Best Lap: 1:35.795

Attachments

• Sardegna_escudo.jpg
    Sardegna_escudo.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 30
  • sardegna_919_hybrid.jpg
    sardegna_919_hybrid.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
So,i was kind of stuck on 23:04.xxx with the Nissan,did it twice.
Thought i would change up the top speed to 380(don't ask why)and it changed the gears which i didn't realize,stopped after 2 laps,switched back to 370, i could tell i was faster,corners i was taking in 1st i was now doing in 2nd and the tight S turn i was now taking in 3rd instead of 2nd, ended up with a 23:00.181.
Don't need 1st gear at all,ran again ,22:58.182,more than 6 seconds better than my previous PB,and i should be able to lower it a bit more.
Final is still 3.200
1st - 2.766 /122
2nd - 1.876 /180
3rd - 1.399 /242
4th - 1.097 -308
5th - .905 /383
I'd be curious to see if this helps anyone else ,i did have to switch to FM3 for lap 8
1686154814955.png

I finally got to upload the 22:38 to youtube

Terrific! Really happy to hear that’s up! I just did a quick scroll; awesome that the whole race is there too 👍 Really believe that’s going to be super helpful and instructive for a lot of people.

When I finally clean up the 2nd post on the first page (where all the links to tunes/strategies are supposed to be), I’ll make a section for videos too.

@kowalski__1 Congrats on making the “22 club” man, great job 👏

Edit: @kowalski__1 quick couple questions…

I’m slowly combing through the various tunes, strategies etc… to organize access to them on the first page. What tune for the R92CP were you talking about modifying the gears with? and were you using a wheel or controller?

Last edited:
Terrific! Really happy to hear that’s up! I just did a quick scroll; awesome that the whole race is there too 👍 Really believe that’s going to be super helpful and instructive for a lot of people.

When I finally clean up the 2nd post on the first page (where all the links to tunes/strategies are supposed to be), I’ll make a section for videos too.

@kowalski__1 Congrats on making the “22 club” man, great job 👏

Edit: @kowalski__1 quick couple questions…

I’m slowly combing through the various tunes, strategies etc… to organize access to them on the first page. What tune for the R92CP were you talking about modifying the gears with? and were you using a wheel or controller?
Thanks ,I used @Turbodatsun's 22:38 set-up with the different gears and i use a G29 wheel :)

Great time Larzi you will have me beat soon, looks like your laptimes are more consistent then mine still in the 1:27 but just 1 sec behind me, i got 2x 1:26:8 on my attempt

Great time Larzi you will have me beat soon, looks like your laptimes are more consistent then mine still in the 1:27 but just 1 sec behind me, i got 2x 1:26:8 on my attempt
I think your method use FM2 to fuel saving isn't optimal. You lose too much power compared to short shifting and you weren't able to go under 1:28 in your second stint. There are many videos on YouTube comparing the differences between fuel mapping and short shifting and short shifting is always a faster. Actually your lap times are much more consistent than mine and you're faster in a 7 lap stint but I catch up with you in an 8 lap stint. But there is another difference in how we do the race. I do 8 laps first and then 7. You did first 7 and then 8. The first stint always has less traffic.

In my opinion best way to do the race with group c cars is 8 first and then 7. Because you have to lap all the cars on lap 6 and 7, you either saved gas or not.

This is what the track map looks like in your video when you go to the pits on lap 7. Clear track ahead of you.
1686293488599.png

And this is the situation when you leave the pit. Big group of cars right ahead of you to be lapped again.
1686293587875.png

When I leave the pit after an 8-lap stint, there is only that smaller first group of cars in front of me and and I get an extra lap on an empty track before pitting in. This is just my opinion, not a fact, how to run the race as efficiently as possible, but I think you have more potential if you try these things.

I'm away for the weekend, so I won't be chasing your times for a couple of days.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back