GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
I want random car selection like in GT5 online
Shuffle races ohhhh yeah!!
Keep your eye on the GT Sport forums in the next few days. I have an updated version of my "Kerfuffle" - Shuffle racing managed by an Excel sheet with very little input required - that I'm going to share when I'm happy with it. We have a test session tomorrow just to check the most recent calculations and I think it'll be good to go.

It's only for private lobbies but that doesn't make a difference in GT Sport.

I want random car selection like in GT5 online
I understand that this would be better in the game and that's you want, but while it doesn't work that way, know that when you list some cars on K' database, you can then use the "Pick a random car" button to get a car out of that (optionally) filtered list.
upload_2018-11-5_20-52-25.png

Maybe PD have changed the release schedule and will now release updates at the beginning of each month

It was most likely due to the three large FIA events that caused the delay of the October update.

I've noticed something: PD avoids to put waving flags on tracks for probably framerate issues. Look at all the masts on the main straight at Catalnuya, no flag. And this not the only track. Blue Moon Bay is an exception.

That's just PD being PD, showing off two GT500 cars, then a Zonda, then the third GT500 car. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to show all three GT500s together? Why wouldn't they? No reason.

Trailer order never hinted classification for example when the Merc W08 was added (i think it was august) they showed the K-cars before the mercedes did this meant the merc will be in N100 or vice versa ? no should you shoulden't expect that.

Your third sentence, contradicts your first sentence. Remember GT2's car list? Scroll down to the Ford Probe and Cougar. Who does that? Not to mention Chevrolet and Dodge are originals since GT1. 👍

We've got plenty USA cars being added. Recently, Viper and Ford GT Test Car. I'm sure PD will add more. it's inevitable.
To be honest, I did forget about the American selection in GT2 for a moment. I'm not saying that PD dislikes or hate American cars. They just have always included more European and waay more Asian cars than American cars in their games.

Yeah i miss shuffle races.It was enjoyable and exciting, i don't understand why PD removed in GT6 and didn't come back in GTSport.
Who did want to remove that? Please PD if you read this forum (I know They follow ) bring back this feature.

Prepare to buy the Zonda R and immediately never use it again, because GT Sport.

But hey, at least I can finally drive my all time favourite GT500 car, the SC430.
I wouldn't mind if we had some Sport mode or offline one-makes for it (Italian Avant Garde, anyone?)

To be honest, I did forget about the American selection in GT2 for a moment. I'm not saying that PD dislikes or hate American cars. They just have always included more European and waay more Asian cars than American cars in their games.
Naturally, they would. Less manufacturers for a start. Access to cars, may be another. The European contingency is here to stay, though. I think there are more European cars, than cars from Japan, in this game.

Naturally, they would. Less manufacturers for a start. Access to cars, may be another. The European contingency is here to stay, though. I think there are more European cars, than cars from Japan, in this game.
Europe roughly represents half the models in the game and half the players of the game ;)

Prepare to buy the Zonda R and immediately never use it again, because GT Sport.

Kinda like the real thing then. Doesn't stop it from seeing track use, does it?

Does PD think we are stupid and will get confused if there are more classes than there are now? If that's a concern, just give us a little description of the classes. Seriously, what's the harm in dividing up the cars more to make things at least a little more authentic? Somethimg like these would be nice:
I know...I'm not a fan of Gr. X. If I were in charge, I'd categorize Gr. X:

X100 - X1000 (regular cars)

CX (Classic, pre-1980s models or something)

RX1 - RX3 (Race car class)

CRX (Classic race car class)

Those are just ideas off the top of my head with no carlist in front of me. But I feel like Gr.X is just where cars go to die : /

Jerome
Or slit it into:
- Gr.T (track cars)
- Gr.V (vintage cars)
- Gr.X (VGTs and experimental stuff)
- Gr.F (Formulas)
- Gr.D (Drifters)
- Gr.K (Karts)
- Put i3 into N100
That would suffice imo
Gr.2 '08 and Gr.2 '16 (same category but division by year) should be a thing too. And allow us to mix them if we want in lobbies. This would allow for some interesting possible combinations in Sport Mode too.

And about the I3, give it a gear box option so it doesn't top out at 98mph/~160 kmh. Formula E cars have 5-speed transmissions so it's not unrealistic.

Does PD think we are stupid and will get confused if there are more classes than there are now? If that's a concern, just give us a little description of the classes. Seriously, what's the harm in dividing up the cars more to make things at least a little more authentic? Somethimg like these would be nice:

Gr.2 '08 and Gr.2 '16 (same category but division by year) should be a thing too. And allow us to mix them if we want in lobbies. This would allow for some interesting possible combinations in Sport Mode too.

And about the I3, give it a gear box option so it doesn't top out at 98mph/~160 kmh. Formula E cars have 5-speed transmissions so it's not unrealistic.

Feels like GR.1 was intented to be THE main class for FIA, but GR.3 ended up being more popular. Seems like they had to do the same thing as they did for GR.3 and GR.4, but in comparison they sorted phoned it in more then anything else as the performance between them is just all over the place. GR.X literally seems like the least thought out, You have plenty of sub category or even recategorizing they can easily do with some cars. The VGTs alone (the ones not in GR.1 or 3) can just be a class of their own.

As far as American cars it would be nice to see ,
2017-18 Camaro as Chevrolets GR4 entry. Corvette remains GR3.
2017-18 Challenger as the Dodge GR4 entry and for now leave the Viper as the GR3.
2017-18 Mustang be Fords GR4 and introduce a 2017-18 Ford GT as the GR3 entry.

For classic American muscle, 1970 models of the Camaro, Mustang, Challenger and Cuda along with an AMC Javelin all in period correct trans am racing trim.
1970 All American pony car manufacturers had factory backed trans am racing efforts.
It would also be nice to include some American tracks to race them on as well. Willow is not a track of any significant recognition and I think the only reason it was used was it was easy to model because flat featureless desert landscape is quick and easy to model.

I understand that this would be better in the game and that's you want, but while it doesn't work that way, know that when you list some cars on K' database, you can then use the "Pick a random car" button to get a car out of that (optionally) filtered list.
View attachment 778419

I only play offline GT League but still use basically the same approach.
The way I play GTS... first week after an update is spent playing the new events and races and driving the new cars to death.
When I get bored of that, I click on the random car button every day and use that car in whatever GT League events are available to it.
There are so many cars to drive now, I own all except the unicorns, most cars I've actually never driven or barely driven in months due to the almost constant monthly updates (I'm looking at you June lol).
With this magic button of @Milouse I've had weeks of fun 👍:cheers:

Last edited:
Update 1.29 car list:

Ferrari GTO '84 (N400)
Maserati GranTurismo S '08 (N400)
Pagani Zonda R ’09 (Gr.X)
Honda EPSON NSX ’08 (Gr.2)
Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 ’08 (Gr.2)
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R ’08 (Gr.2)
Jaguar E-type Coupé '61 (N300)
MINI Cooper S '05 (N200)
Subaru Impreza 22B-STi Version '98 (N300)

Just watched the trailer, and I'm honestly surprised to see the 2008 GT500 cars are in Gr.2 . Here's hoping BoP can balance them properly, they're usually more advanced compare to other touring cars so they should be able to handle the extra power.

As for the Zonda R... Ugh. Gr.X :grumpy: why PD why :mad: the Vulcan is in N-class but the Zonda R is in Gr.X? Why not throw them in a class of their own?? It doesn't make sense. It just doesn't make any sense at all. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
They just have always included more European and waay more Asian cars than American cars in their games.
Not always, GT1 had TVR and Aston Martin from Europe and Dodge and Chevrolet from the US. All those brands had about two models each. It really was a game about Japanese cars :).
Of course you can design electric drivetrains with multi-speed transmissions and it makes sense in many cases. But knowing the package situation of the i3's one speed gearbox, it is in fact very unrealistic.
It's just a representation of a serial production car that was never built to race and that's fine. It's just weird to drop it in Gr. X.

Has anyone else noted that this is the first monthly update NOT to include a new Amateur event in the GT League?

I wonder if that is just an anomaly or if we are getting towards the end of new events being added. There are a lot more potential cars to come if they get anywhere near 400 or 500 cars, so I hope they keep expanding the events further.

Latest Posts

Back