GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
Oh for people who are ready to take on the x2014 GT League event.
It still shouldn't be hard but one of the AI will push pretty good at last 2 laps (at least in Red Bull Ring) putting at least 1:08 minute lap but you'll be able to do well if you're used to the glue car and turns (which the AI still brakes early)

Sorry, but you won't sell me on this. To me at least, they are pointless additions just like the M3 GT that came recently. They are only there because they were easy to throw in to make up the numbers, not because they were sought after by the community.

As I said, good thing they are free.

Last edited:
Now on the MINI Cooper S, I've driven one from this era for almost 15 years now (can't believe it's been that long), so I know this car very, very well and have done quite a bit of "spirited" driving on canyon roads. At higher speeds the GTS version does not handle at all like I expected, it drifts wide where the real car does not. I mean the amazing handling is one of the selling points of the car, but in the game it drives more like a Cadillac past 70mph with Sport Softs. I had to put on Racing Hards to get closer to the feel of the real thing with sport performance tires.

Also the interior is frankly kind of disappointing, with the tach and speedometer being almost unreadable. There's minor other things like the clock by the rear-view mirror not functional, or how some of the proportions of gauges and the steering wheel seem a bit off.

The sound also lacks any low-end growl that the real thing produces, and the supercharger whine is kind of non-existent. My Cooper S sets off car alarms in parking lots just from the low vibrato the stock S exhaust puts out. Not really feeling that, and the sound in cockpit mode just lacks the visceral growl of the engine. Oh, and the engine note compared to the tachometer reading is not at all accurate. In GTS it sounds at 7000rpm like the real car does at around 4500rpm, and it redlines before you even really get to hear the supercharger kick in (which on the real Cooper S happens around 4200rpm).

Is it really that bad compared to the real thing?

Also, IMO the GTO is a bit more expensive than i expected. I doubted it will crack the 1 mil barrier, turned out to be almost 2 million credits

The prices of the other cars seem adequate tho

They are good to drive, have a fan-following and are cool to try with the new engine sounds.

Yep. Gran Turismo is about one of the most popular ways Super GT slash JGTC spread to the west.

The races were rarely or never televised so the only mass exposure many of us had was with Gran Turismo... in fact the game went a bit overboard.

They had just about every popular variation of the cars from the ARTAs to the Takata NSXs to the Xanavi and if you go back, what about the HKS Calsonic Zent AU Supra, Castrol, ESSO Ultrons,

I feel closer to these cars than the various V8 Supercars which we actually saw on TV!

For me the holy trinity of the NSX is the ARTA in classic orange, the Takata in green and the Epson blue. They ran this livery for a few years so these things are burned in for many people.

Except it isn’t pointless, because we only had 3 Group 2 cars until now. That number has just been doubled. Group 2 was by far the smallest of all the classes, so with some BOP (which shouldn’t be hard to fine tune considering these cars are already so close to equal) it’ll provide for a nice choice in GR2 races.

Not only that, but some of us actually quite like the old NSX Super GT Machine compared to the new one..

Except these cars are separated by just a handful of years, and follow very similar regulations, unlike Group C and LMP cars which are nearly 30 years apart and follow none of the same regulations.

People will ALWAYS find something to be unhappy about..
The thing that's different is, PD have given us multiple cars in SUPER GT500&GT300. Theyve now used Livery Editor as a way out of modelling cars.
Just adding older cars doesn't make it better. I'd say it doesn't offer variety either. Was there a problem by not making the AI livery cars in the car list? I don't know.

I welcome every car we're given. Still doesn't make it right the way they've assigned them. As I mentioned, I like the '08NSX. To me, it doesn't gel with the new cars. I'm paused in. Custom Gr2(no BOP). It's like a GT500/GT300 race. This PD's franchise racing discipline. I feel they're doing it an injustice right now.

A quick lap of the new track with the Lexus SuperGT car. Oh, that sound! A different league to GT6.

While it is indeed different, its disappointing to me as it sounds nothing like the real thing:

If there was any car I was hoping to hear a big improvement on, it was these cars. While the NSX is actually decent (Could use some higher pitch), this and the GT-R are just shockingly not great sounding to me. Sounds more like the lazily slapped the sound of the RC F GT3 ( A car I drive in the Manufacterers Series) on to it. Likewise, it seems like they just put the McLaren sound on the GT-R.

They are good to drive, have a fan-following and are cool to try with the new engine sounds.

Yup, and they need to add more of the older ones, older GTR's, some of the older Supras, the Castrol Mugen NSX, all these are different models that are pretty iconic Gran Turismo cars.

Bought the '08 NSX. Spun once in the Suzuka Gr2 Campaign. Came 3rd behind the Newer SGTs. Naturally, they just pull away on the straights. Why would people think the real ones could match today's GT500.?
The older cars are heavier and down by over 100hp. I'm not complaining. Just pointing out what I already figured. Well, the NSX sounds lovely to me. I'll try it in the weekly at 830pm.
BoP was active? What are the power/weight ratios with active BoP?

I get what you're saying but I have to tell you that the fact that all DLCs has been free so far plays quite a big role in DLCs quality consideration I think.

The one redeeming factor about these three cars is that they are free, I know I wouldn't willingly pay for them. I would be pissed if I bought a season pass or whatever and got these. But that is something only Turn 10 would do anyway...

Just some quick review and thoughts for the update.

Very sneaky of PD to say this is the November update. The question is, will we change to an early monthly update now instead of end of the month? Only time will tell. Also yet again a smashing trailer music (and probably never will be released :ouch:).

Cars
-I was hoping for one of the 2006 NSXs instead of the Epson, due to the heavier weight (1150kg). Oh well, hopefully we can tune it to be lighter using mileage points.
-Also hoping that we'll get even more vintage GT500 (R34, Supra, older popup NSX) and the HSV-010. Also some returning GT300 would be nice (which I guess will go into Gr.3).
-Jag is gorgeous. Glad it's finally premium. British Racing Green looks weird though. Not as dark as I expected and from memory in GT6.
-The Maserati and Mini, I know it's unlikely but I was hoping PD would bring the most up to date versions of those cars instead of direct ports from GT6. Heck, the Mini isn't even the newest version from GT6! Why PD, why???
-Zonda in Gr.X as I predicted. Hopefully PD will come to its senses and move the Veneno and Vulcan from N class and give them proper downforce, and lump them all in one group (Gr.T for Track Day cars). Pending further updates bringing cars like the FXX, P1 GTR, 918 RSR, etc.

Catalunya - just one layout. I am disappoint. Hate the bloody car park chicane. Also wish they still use the old wider hairpin after the backstraight. Sunset and dawn lighting looks amazing though.

The X2014 event is a potential new money grinder, which I am very happy about. Just like the Red Bull events in GT6. Due to the speed and handling of these cars I always enjoy driving it and is much more palatable than La Sarthe or BMB. Getting the clean race bonus everytime is going to be much more challenging though. Good practice for the Nations Cup either way.

New scapes - I'm surprised they added Autumn again after last year's Red Leaves. I know it's a different location but still. Also I feel like some of the previous Red Leaves locations have gone missing? Haven't done a thorough check and in any case I can't remember all the scapes.

Circuit experience - I notice the Supra 's tach has been changed. Previously you can see the redline but now they chopped off anything above 8000 rpm so there isn't a redline. Weird.

The more detailed Transmission descriptions are interesting. It brings hope of better drivetrain simulation in the future 👍

Oh, Mileage Exchange is also back to its weekly cycle after the hiccup 2 weeks ago. Only picked up 4-5 new paints though.

Anyway, a bit disappointed that the supposedly "Anniversary" update is just like the usual run of the mill stuff. No major features or content. Can't complain if it's free I suppose. Most other games would ask $$$ for these, and even then they wouldn't support for more than 6 months. Keep up the good work PD, I shall await next month's surprise 👍

Raybrig nsx '16 amd epson nsx '08 are almost identic in behaviors and performance with BOP.
The '16 was the last car i drove yesterday on suzuka daily races during around 60 laps and today the epson '08 is the first new car i've tested on this same track. This is exactly the samefeeling, almost same gearbox , performance , i have the sensation that they have exactly the same base tune from PD. Same critics points on the circuit , eventuals slides ...... this is a chance , i love both , fantastics cars that will be able to race one against the other. Generations battles in perspective. :cheers::dopey: Amazing.

Is it really that bad compared to the real thing?

As far as the handling goes, the poor handling of the MINI is more a condemnation of the Sport tire model rather than the car itself, as on Racing Hards it felt closer to the real deal.

The interior and sound really is pretty poor though, for being a premium-premium or whatever they call GTS makeovers of older cars. The engine note mismatch compared to the tachometer RPMs is the worst offender IMO, and the fact that I really can't hear any supercharger whine. I mean in my car when I hit 5500 rpm or so there's a lovely engine scream, but in GTS the engine note doesn't even get that high before hitting the limiter and there's no supercharger scream at all.

Maybe all the cars are like this and I only notice because I've been driving one for 15 years, but I'm not really feeling the love from PD on the MINI.

Raybrig nsx '16 amd epson nsx '08 are almost identic in behaviors and performance with BOP.
The '16 was the last car i drove yesterday on suzuka daily races during around 60 laps and today the epson '08 is the first new car i've tested on this same track. This is exactly the samefeeling, almost same gearbox , performance , i have the sensation that they have exactly the same base tune from PD. Same critics points on the circuit , eventuals slides ...... this is a chance , i love both , fantastics cars that will be able to race one against the other. Generations battles in perspective. :cheers::dopey: Amazing.

Looking forward to your tunes on the new cars, man!

edited "fwd" to remove confusion!

Last edited:
Damn, all those new Gr.2 cars.... guess I will never save up to 2Mio for the F1 car, let alone the 20Mio cars :dunce:

im getting a 38gb install instead of the 2.5 one, how can i fix that? i cant wait that long :confused::confused::banghead:
You have to let it download and install, you have no other choice.
It’s pointless adding the older iterations of the super gt cars. They are only fillers, good thing they are free.
The only pointless cars to add, are duplicated/repeated ones. I think you all know what I mean, we had plenty of them in GT5/GT6.
Otherwise, any car is welcome. Any track too.
Adding more GR2 cars was something quite necessary if you ask me.

As far as the handling goes, the poor handling of the MINI is more a condemnation of the Sport tire model rather than the car itself, as on Racing Hards it felt closer to the real deal.

The interior and sound really is pretty poor though, for being a premium-premium or whatever they call GTS makeovers of older cars. The engine note mismatch compared to the tachometer RPMs is the worst offender IMO, and the fact that I really can't hear any supercharger whine. I mean in my car when I hit 5500 rpm or so there's a lovely engine scream, but in GTS the engine note doesn't even get that high before hitting the limiter and there's no supercharger scream at all.

Maybe all the cars are like this and I only notice because I've been driving one for 15 years, but I'm not really feeling the love from PD on the MINI.

Oh yeah, tire model in GTS is far from perfect. Sports Soft is basically useless on high horsepower cars, which is absurd.

I am surprised by the rest of the things tho. Like, there are plenty of MINIs around the world, sure it wouldn't be that hard to do things properly on it

I took the new LExus Petronas grp 2 out for a crack on Catalunya. I don't know how to tune so I actually found it a bit underwhelming compared with the old Lexus Toms grp 2 which has a proper tune. I'm sure I'll love all the new Grp 2's when they've been properly tweaked.

I cannot believe it....

Translator-san is in Barcelona Circuit!

Screenshot_20181106-181745_YouTube_20181106182109575.jpg

(At 0:12 mark on far right)

IMHO the best pit stop sequence so far in GTSport so far.

Back