GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
Took the Jag and the MINI out for a spin on Alsace, as is my custom.

The E-Type is quite fun to drive and surprisingly fast. The sound leaves something to be desired though, sounding very artificial. PD really need to work on getting proper throaty engine growl.

Now on the MINI Cooper S, I've driven one from this era for almost 15 years now (can't believe it's been that long), so I know this car very, very well and have done quite a bit of "spirited" driving on canyon roads. At higher speeds the GTS version does not handle at all like I expected, it drifts wide where the real car does not. I mean the amazing handling is one of the selling points of the car, but in the game it drives more like a Cadillac past 70mph with Sport Softs. I had to put on Racing Hards to get closer to the feel of the real thing with sport performance tires.

Also the interior is frankly kind of disappointing, with the tach and speedometer being almost unreadable. There's minor other things like the clock by the rear-view mirror not functional, or how some of the proportions of gauges and the steering wheel seem a bit off.

The sound also lacks any low-end growl that the real thing produces, and the supercharger whine is kind of non-existent. My Cooper S sets off car alarms in parking lots just from the low vibrato the stock S exhaust puts out. Not really feeling that, and the sound in cockpit mode just lacks the visceral growl of the engine. Oh, and the engine note compared to the tachometer reading is not at all accurate. In GTS it sounds at 7000rpm like the real car does at around 4500rpm, and it redlines before you even really get to hear the supercharger kick in (which on the real Cooper S happens around 4200rpm).

Just seen the car list, and well happy about the gr2 additions. Those cars are so much fun to drive (and make liveries for)...

So I did my daily after update and took a Gr4 around Catalyuna and yep... its that track. I mean its accurate given that Forza people have been assaulted by this one since 2011 with Forza 4 so obviously I know all the lines and stuff. Did 3 laps on the Gr4 leagues and really dont wish to race on this ever again. Its that kind of track. Also no variations?

Only bought 2 cars, the 22B and the BMW Mini, the rest can come on the daily wheel.

The Mini is meh... another N200 fwd hatch candidate.

The 22B is the star. I think it'll do past N500 and really, I'm clobbering N500s with it in N400 tune. The car will be great in road or dirt trim.

My only gripe is that is in understeery as a chassis but you can manage it.

I only looked at the various other cars but it feels like the 2008 SUperGT cars will struggle given they start at only 440hp but given enough power and weight upgrades...

This update is another update, not a great one... see you this time next month!

Just seen the car list, and well happy about the gr2 additions. Those cars are so much fun to drive (and make liveries for)...

Yep they look sick. I bought all 3 but don't have time to drive them today. Hopefully there'll be some nice tunes available when I get back from holiday next week!

Also looking forward to a tune for the Ferrari and Zonda.

Bring it.

Bought the '08 NSX. Spun once in the Suzuka Gr2 Campaign. Came 3rd behind the Newer SGTs. Naturally, they just pull away on the straights. Why would people think the real ones could match today's GT500.?
The older cars are heavier and down by over 100hp. I'm not complaining. Just pointing out what I already figured. Well, the NSX sounds lovely to me. I'll try it in the weekly at 830pm.

Did the Fuji circuit experience. Once again a joke for many people and free credits and car.
Speaking of which...
c7ASO81.jpg

Fun prize!

You mean they haven't done a good job on it? Or you're just bored of it from racing it on Forza?

They've done an accurate job but many many people will just not warm to a modern Tilke track like this. It is what it is.

It’s pointless adding the older iterations of the super gt cars. They are only fillers, good thing they are free.

It’s pointless adding the older iterations of the super gt cars. They are only fillers, good thing they are free.
Except it isn’t pointless, because we only had 3 Group 2 cars until now. That number has just been doubled. Group 2 was by far the smallest of all the classes, so with some BOP (which shouldn’t be hard to fine tune considering these cars are already so close to equal) it’ll provide for a nice choice in GR2 races.

Not only that, but some of us actually quite like the old NSX Super GT Machine compared to the new one..

Probably the same people who think Group C and LMP1 should be in the same category.
Except these cars are separated by just a handful of years, and follow very similar regulations, unlike Group C and LMP cars which are nearly 30 years apart and follow none of the same regulations.

People will ALWAYS find something to be unhappy about..

Back