GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
Is the Vulcan that is IN THE GAME the street legal variant, or not? Because the answer to this would shut down all further discussion.

If you read further down then you can see this: "Despite sharing much of the Zonda's shape, the R is almost entirely new, sharing only 10% of the Zonda F's components."

They don't even use the same V12.
Nobody is talking about the Zonda F.

We're talking about the Zonda R not the Cinque though.
So it's not a good counter argument unless you mean "I wanted the Cinque and not the R since the former is a road car legal"
It's as simple as this:
We have 2 non-road-legal cars.
One is in N-Class and the other in Gr.X.
Someone made up the argument that for a non-road-legal car to be in N-Class, there needs to be at least one street-legal version of it.
Both cars have their respective street-legal versions.
Therefore there's no explanation for them to be in different classes.

Is the Vulcan that is IN THE GAME the street legal variant, or not? Because the answer to this would shut down all further discussion.
Its not, the Vulcan in the game is just a regular Vulcan, the street legal Vulcan has revised bodywork, new headlights and several other features. GT Sport's Vulcan is just the trackcar gimped for the N classes for whatever reason.

I don't even understand how somehow the Cinque is a Zonda R roadcar anymore than its just a Zonda, by that logic a Zonda C12 is a Zonda R roadcar so the Zonda R belongs in N class even though its not street legal or homologated for any kind of race series.

It seemed an odd choice of tracks to add that had little to do with the strengths of the newly added 22b, though Tsukuba being a Japanese drift track sort of makes sense. I will do them later, but felt a bit uninspired. Just a personal thing.

The first Porsche in GT history...but none of the other manufacturers get this treatment, and given say Nissan Skylines history with GT it would make a stronger argument if history were a reason. It also seems odd no other Porsches can be used, even though they are all the same car really ;).

I just wonder why certain things are how they are when other things seem really thought through and given the original skew to Japanese cars and that Porsche were originally featured via RUF it seems they have never had much importance in GT games.

And about 1 hour being endurance, I agree but someone needs to tell PD.
Thats not true willow is perfect for showing the stability levels of the car and you can go of road which is why that car was build for :lol: about the other brands not getting special events thats not true either most of the got at least one since GT2 and the 2 new brands added to the series were De tomaso & Porsche think who has the bigger name out of these 2 as to why only the 911 GT3 RS is allowed simple just check the art work on the GT League menu before you enter a race it says 911 GT3 RS.

I know, but there's people who wont appreciate

Now I wish that was in Gr. 1
Trust me you don't.

Very well done Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.

I hope they add the old layout version with the LaCaixa and Europcar corners, and the shortened National one too. Should be very easy to do for PD.
Catalunya94.089b57394078021e72d8b872550f26fc.png

circuit-barcelona-catalunya-39.png

PD are notorious for adding layouts for their original circuits...i hope they can do the same with the real circuits. Would love to see 90's Fuji Speedway.

People complaining about the Zonda being in Gr.x should note that the Zonda R is not road legal nor does it fit any regulations of any race series (didn’t Clarkson say it exceeded noise levels for most tracks?) seems fitting that it’s in Gr.x to me
they should create a new class called the N-i don't know where the hell this fits so put it in here Class

Technically there are 2 trackday cars in the game that can't race against each other. :banghead:
Should they? They're 7 years apart and sure on the surface they may appear similar but these cars are not subject to any sort of rulebook or limitation of their time. Still worth seeing a comparison to see how far they've come but whatever, they're useless rich guy flex cars for the trackday.

Thats not true willow is perfect for showing the stability levels of the car and you can go of road which is why that car was build for :lol: about the other brands not getting special events thats not true either most of the got at least one since GT2 and the 2 new brands added to the series were De tomaso & Porsche think who has the bigger name out of these 2 as to why only the 911 GT3 RS is allowed simple just check the art work on the GT League menu before you enter a race it says 911 GT3 RS.

Haha, I did think it would be better off the track at Willow. I was expecting something twistier like Bathurst but you have a point with stability.

They added 2 Porsche cars initially but only allow one, the artwork would surely be created after deciding the event limits and could match anything. It just seems very restrictive like someone at PD has a real thing for that specific car to the exclusion of others. Usually one make events are in the normal leagues or previously in manufacturers own garages. This is an outlier. Never in the history of GT games has an endurance event been limited to one make.

Just done a very nice indeed Japan GT League race driving the 08 Lexus. Was an absolute blast. Three cars abreast a couple of times. Great fun. Still managed to finish first but last couple of GT500 cars were tought to pass as they were pretty quick in a straight line.

CJ

Should they? They're 7 years apart and sure on the surface they may appear similar but these cars are not subject to any sort of rulebook or limitation of their time. Still worth seeing a comparison to see how far they've come but whatever, they're useless rich guy flex cars for the trackday.
For a game that puts LMP1s against Group C cars, the Zonda R should've been an N-Class car.

Haha, I did think it would be better off the track at Willow. I was expecting something twistier like Bathurst but you have a point with stability.

They added 2 Porsche cars initially but only allow one, the artwork would surely be created after deciding the event limits and could match anything. It just seems very restrictive like someone at PD has a real thing for that specific car to the exclusion of others. Usually one make events are in the normal leagues or previously in manufacturers own garages. This is an outlier. Never in the history of GT games has an endurance event been limited to one make.
True that but then again its not a real endurance anyway.

Latest Posts

Back