GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
20181106140324.jpg

Nice angle in this new Scape...

I imagine we’ll get a few Zonda’s in time. The original road car plus one of the later ‘specials’ appear likely.

Given time constraints and the need to ‘save’ content for GT7. We could be in line for quite a few (what some would consider) duplicates. IE Group A versions of the E30 M3, R32 and Intergrale. Plus Cup versions of 911’s. I would welcome them as we can’t build anything approaching a race version of those cars right now. Not with missing upgrades like race brakes, stripped interior etc.

What a joke. So, Monza without chicane, La Sarthe without chicanes, Fuji without chicane and the tourist Nordschleife, but we have to use the ****** version of Montmeló?

Why is this ****ing layout the only one available in almost every game that has this track? Is the FIA so scared of these last two corners that they can't even be driven through virtually?

I'm probably spewing bs but to me the flow of this track is ruined with this layout. Without it there's only one very slow corner and it's still pretty nice to drive on, but then you have this stupid chicane that has one line and if you have over/understeer then you screw yourself majorly for the entire damn straight.

The cars are nice I guess. The E-type is reasonably priced which is surprising to be honest. The old GT500 are fantastic, even if they should be in their own group but whatever. And I dunno who'd take the GranTurismo or a Cooper S to a track but they're still nice to have.

But the track has been a massive disappointment and my day has been ruined.

Assetto corsa has the "moto" lay9 of Montmeló.... Without the last chiccane ..
Pure fun to drive on that layout with the Ferrari F1 of 2017

It's not a FIA thing in the virtual world... But a developer has to pay license for each layout.

In Pcars 2 you have also the national layout, club layout and RX layout(RX layout came in a DLC) together with the GP layout.

So you can always switch between games to have basically all the layouts from Montmelo (circuit de Barcelona, Catalunya

The SC430 GT500 doesn't sound at all how it should. They literally just recycled the sound from one of the Gr.3 Lexuses like they didn't feel like doing their research and assumed that's what it sounds like. Really lazy PD.

It's also twitchy and handles much worse than the '16 Gr.2 cars. I doubt anyone would choose it or the other 2 '08 cars over the '16 ones.

PD are notorious for adding layouts for their original circuits...i hope they can do the same with the real circuits. Would love to see 90's Fuji Speedway.
Well, in this case is different, Circuit de Catalunya has the original intact layout there, Fuji doesn't. Thats why I think its very oubvious that they should add the 90's layout version fully driveable

So that's kinda pointless considering how BOP is on for online races....try it with BOP
I usually BOP my races for the AI to be competitive.. . Maybe this update improved AI, because I BOP'd my Mini One Make. I was way faster than the AI. Went 2nd by the time I got to lap 1/2. When I turned it Off the next race, starting from 20th/2 lap race, I finished 10th. AI were much quicker.

There is no BOP option in the Gr2 Campaign. How much sense does that make? So, ran my race as is

Very well done Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.

I hope they add the old layout version with the LaCaixa and Europcar corners, and the shortened National one too. Should be very easy to do for PD.
Catalunya94.089b57394078021e72d8b872550f26fc.png

circuit-barcelona-catalunya-39.png

I doubt it. They never did this in the game. Nürburgring also doesn't have the short layout they drive in F2/F3 I think it was.

Should be very easy when all the track layouts are already modeled and created, only thing to do for them is to block/unblock paths, you know.
Suzuka, Nurburgring and Catalunya alternative layouts are all there modeled already.
No, they need a lot of time to get the track limits just right. As we all know, they are absolute perfectionists when it comes to that.

Nobody talks about Maserati when it currently has the most brutal sound across GTSport. I mean that heavy V8 sound.

The new X2014 Standard sound. It now sounds closer to that in GT6. Pretty loud too.

Sound of the Maserati is awesome! I loved this car in DRIVECLUB.

Regarding the X2014: I'm not sure if I own this car in GT:S. Honestly, I'd love to see the RB X2010. It was so much faster.

How do the GT500’s compare with the Super GT’s, Are they competitive? I’m guessing BOP will bring them closer together.

How is the livery editor a way out of modelling cars?
In past GT games, I mentioned earlier, we got 16 to 18 GT500 cars. Sure, PD could add more GT500 team cars, though it seems unlike they will. Having Livery Editor, relieves them from adding GT500 cars to the list.

I guess he'd rather have 8 identical but slightly differently liveried GT500s like GT5 and GT6 had and then complain about PD padding the car list with needless duplicates
Slow your roll. Take the bullets out the gun. Don't assume to group me with those kinds of people.
tenor.gif

Why is PD so lazy when it comes to race events in GT League? By the time DriveClub reached 1 year, its career pretty much grew 3-4 times of its original size. Here we only get like 10 races per month, and some of the cars that you can buy in the game have no use there. It shouldn't really be that hard to set up races for career mode, no? Make a fancy background, set up the track/opponents combo, set the rewards and that's it.
I'd really love if PD added events for tuned racing cars in Professional League for example (my 900bhp Supra has no use outside of Quick Races :lol:)

Tried out some of the cars: 22b is agile, E-Type is nice. But i am absolutely loving the Maserati. The sound is insane

Why is PD so lazy when it comes to race events in GT League? By the time DriveClub reached 1 year, its career pretty much grew 3-4 times of its original size. Here we only get like 10 races per month, and some of the cars that you can buy in the game have no use there. It shouldn't really be that hard to set up races for career mode, no? Make a fancy background, set up the track/opponents combo, set the rewards and that's it.
I'd really love if PD added events for tuned racing cars in Professional League for example (my 900bhp Supra has no use outside of Quick Races :lol:)

Tried out some of the cars: 22b is agile, E-Type is nice. But i am absolutely loving the Maserati. The sound is insane
I'd be happy if GTL had only 10% of its current events, but got rid of the silly rubberband and had some championships which reward you cars if you win them. Could live without the DWG.
But I agree that it should be easy to set this up.

Bought the Ferrari GTO 1.850.000 ollee , drove it than I sol did back lost 1.350.000 :crazy: slap tanker in oversteer .

The SC430 GT500 doesn't sound at all how it should. They literally just recycled the sound from one of the Gr.3 Lexuses like they didn't feel like doing their research and assumed that's what it sounds like. Really lazy PD.

It's also twitchy and handles much worse than the '16 Gr.2 cars. I doubt anyone would choose it or the other 2 '08 cars over the '16 ones.

Pretty much all of the cars in this update that I've heard don't sound very close, except maybe the Maserati. The E-Type, MINI, and the GT500 cars are quite different to their real counterparts.

I see so many comments from people of "__ car sounds great!" Well maybe it sounds great to them, but it's not realistic, and isn't that the point? Because the real one sounds much better and it doesn't seem like PD is putting the time into the audio that they do into the modeling.

Why is PD so lazy when it comes to race events in GT League? By the time DriveClub reached 1 year, its career pretty much grew 3-4 times of its original size.

I mean, proportionally, GT Sport is way ahead of that figure. To the tune of about infinity, really: there was no GT League at launch, so any additions during a content update grows it massively over what it was on day one. ;)

Back