GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
Pretty much all of the cars in this update that I've heard don't sound very close, except maybe the Maserati. The E-Type, MINI, and the GT500 cars are quite different to their real counterparts.

I see so many comments from people of "__ car sounds great!" Well maybe it sounds great to them, but it's not realistic, and isn't that the point? Because the real one sounds much better and it doesn't seem like PD is putting the time into the audio that they do into the modeling.
Although i understand your point has done a massive step up as far as car audio goes and lets not forget its the "road blocks" they have to face for example one of the cars that sounds totally wrong is the Lexus RC F GT3 its easy for us to say do this do that but Kaz can't go to emil fray and say "Yo emil give me one of your cars for sound recording" or in Pagani's case they waren't able to find a Zonda R to record for whatever resson (like they can't find a way to contact with TVR ) as to were PD spends more time they have different teams for each thing so.... yea At the end of the day ill say its a matter of finding better people for the job (with all due respect to everyone working at PD.)

In past GT games, I mentioned earlier, we got 16 to 18 GT500 cars. Sure, PD could add more GT500 team cars, though it seems unlike they will. Having Livery Editor, relieves them from adding GT500 cars to the list.

Didn’t they just add three GT500 cars to the list though?

I mean, proportionally, GT Sport is way ahead of that figure. To the tune of about infinity, really: there was no GT League at launch, so any additions during a content update grows it massively over what it was on day one. ;)

Technically, it grows by an undefined rate, since division by zero is undefined. :D

Last edited:
Although i understand your point has done a massive step up as far as car audio goes and lets not forget its the "road blocks" they have to face for example one of the cars that sounds totally wrong is the Lexus RC F GT3 its easy for us to say do this do that but Kaz can't go to emil fray and say "Yo emil give me one of your cars for sound recording" or in Pagani's case they waren't able to find a Zonda R to record for whatever resson (like they can't find a way to contact with TVR ) as to were PD spends more time they have different teams for each thing so.... yea At the end of the day ill say its a matter of finding better people for the job (with all due respect to everyone working at PD.)

I don't think it's necessarily a talent issue. Look at the Mazda 787B -- the sound when it arrived in the game was underwhelming to say the least. But over several updates, I suppose due to public complaints (or perhaps even complaints from Mazda, I don't know if manufacturers can exert pressure) they improved the sound, adding more banshee scream and the familiar idle sound.

So I don't know why they aren't focusing on getting the sound more accurate for all cars, but they have shown they are able to do it when they want to, or when the audio team is given the time to. That's why I said I think PD spends so much focus and public marketing on the modeling, yet the audio is not given the same focus.

Maybe if the audio is all that needs perfecting they decide to release the car sooner rather than later. Why not add things later, since this is how the game is being made anyway. There are constant minor tweaks to circuits, lighting, cars etc. Some of it might be planned/on purpose so they can respond to feedback and add features earlier.

Maybe if the audio is all that needs perfecting they decide to release the car sooner rather than later. Why not add things later, since this is how the game is being made anyway. There are constant minor tweaks to circuits, lighting, cars etc. Some of it might be planned/on purpose so they can respond to feedback and add features earlier.
Thats one of the things i like the most on GT Sport.

The 787b sound improvement on each update is amazing,best proof that this constant DLC model only helps the game,imagine if GT SPORT was what we got back in 2017.

To be honest, this is one of the most solid updates we've had for a long time. The Zonda R acts as I expected it to; it brakes within a reasonable distance, has good grip and gives a GT3 car a good run for it's money. In fact my time in the M3 GT was slower around Catalunya. Which surprised me. And it clubs La Ferrari around Monza; 7 seconds quicker! The Maserati doesn't feel cumbersome, the 22B is brilliant, and the E-Type handles far better than I expected. The '08 Nissan and Honda Super GT cars were also pretty good; not much worse than the '16 Nissan Super GT - about 3 seconds slower. Maybe it wasn't a mistake to put them in Group 2...

The Mini doesn't seem to have a cockpit view. Found that somewhat odd when I took it for a test drive. Was it just a glitch on my run, or have the ommitted it?

the Catalunya sun at 6:05 is the best looking sunrise in the game it looks stunning ! Reminds me sunrises and sunsets in GT3 and GT4. The circuit looks the best at 6.05, 10:30 and 19:30. The cars are great love testing them.

Hearing the Zonda R sound (startup and engine sound), it seems that PD forgots that they're modeling a Zonda R, not Zonda S.
Doesn't sound like a Zonda S either, its a very muted sounding Zonda R. If they do what they did to the Sauber C9 all will be good. So I guess now we gotta complain about this, complain and complain.

When it comes to sound, all things are not created equal. If you are playing the "game" through tinny speakers, you will get a tinny sound and it will never sound like it should. Let's be honest, most of us are not playing through a home theatre set-up which rivals your local IMAX. What you put in is what you will get out. Just my humble opinion.

Keith.

When it comes to sound, all things are not created equal. If you are playing the "game" through tinny speakers, you will get a tinny sound and it will never sound like it should. Let's be honest, most of us are not playing through a home theatre set-up which rivals your local IMAX. What you put in is what you will get out. Just my humble opinion.

Keith.

This is what I always think about when people complain.

Well, while I'm glad the 787B was improved, it's also one of the few that has been after its release in GTS.

More broadly, I would say that audio should not be relegated to "well, we'll go back and fix it a bit when there's time." It's IMO more important than the modeling accuracy when we're actually driving the cars. Sometimes that's important to the drivability of the car, such as the case with the MINI Cooper S where the engine note is currently wrong with respect to the RPM. It also adds an emotional level that, due to GTS's lack of real sense of speed, is often missing.

The engine sound is the soul and expressiveness of the car, and it should be treated with the utmost attention. You say "maybe if the audio is all that needs perfecting...", but a car is far from ready for release if the audio does not capture the spirit of the car.

The Mini doesn't seem to have a cockpit view. Found that somewhat odd when I took it for a test drive. Was it just a glitch on my run, or have the ommitted it?
I'm able to use cockpit view with no problem.

Hearing the Zonda R sound (startup and engine sound), it seems that PD forgots that they're modeling a Zonda R, not Zonda S.

Wouldn't say Zonda S, but definitely seems to sound different.

Keith.

While true, I don't think a sound system or Home theatre setup accounts alot for the accuracy of sounds. I highly doubt hearing the Lexus SC430 in GT Sport on the IMAX Sound system will make it sound any less like the RC F GT3 then the regular Home system (Be it Bose or whatever other high end Home Theatre setup you have). Having played and listened on multiple setups as well as worked a lot with sound, I don't get where anyone thinks this makes a difference other then maybe hearing a few different details you wouldn't hear on a potato setup.

The Zonda R ... gives a GT3 car a good run for it's money. In fact my time in the M3 GT was slower around Catalunya.
The M3 GT isn't a GT3 car. An unrestricted GT3 car (not BoP'd in any way) would straight up murder it.

The '08 Nissan and Honda Super GT cars were also pretty good; not much worse than the '16 Nissan Super GT - about 3 seconds slower. Maybe it wasn't a mistake to put them in Group 2...

If 3 seconds slower is "pretty good" then i'm worried about you.

Didn’t they just add three GT500 cars to the list though?
The '08 models aren't 2016 models. Right? i'If you played Gt1-4, we had a full grid(6) of similar GT500 cars. GT5 &6 had a full 16 car grid of different teams- Add the '96 Castrol Supra, if you will, was usually at the back of the grid, but it wasn't far off on the look of the newer models. The '16 cars, are totally different to the '08 cars.

The '08 models aren't 2016 models. Right? i'If you played Gt1-4, we had a full grid(6) of similar GT500 cars. GT5 &6 had a full 16 car grid of different teams- Add the '96 Castrol Supra, if you will, was usually at the back of the grid, but it wasn't far off on the look of the newer models. The '16 cars, are totally different to the '08 cars.

Did these models have any differences other than the textures?

Did these models have any differences other than the textures?
All similar cars with V8s bar the NSX- still had a V6. There was the Honda HSV(2011 model) that even had a V10. Thing is, all with similar performance due to regulations. What's happened here, so far, is we aren't given 15 or 16 2016 GT500 cars. Why did PD change that and include the older cars?

All similar cars with V8s bar the NSX- still had a V6. There was the Honda HSV(2011 model) that even had a V10. Thing is, all with similar performance due to regulations. What's happened here, so far, is we aren't given 15 or 16 2016 GT500 cars. Why did PD change that and include the older cars?
Likely because PD thought that with Livery editor, such inclusion is unnecessary.

Works on online races, sport mode, and GTLeague. But not the arcade mode.

PD also didn't want to have further negative publicity about the duplicates.

Latest Posts

Back