GT Sport's Next Content Update Arrives November 6

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 999 comments
All similar cars with V8s bar the NSX- still had a V6. There was the Honda HSV(2011 model) that even had a V10. Thing is, all with similar performance due to regulations. What's happened here, so far, is we aren't given 15 or 16 2016 GT500 cars. Why did PD change that and include the older cars?

Probably because you get greater diversity by adding a new model rather than just adding a new livery, since liveries can be made by the players.

Probably because you get greater diversity by adding a new model rather than just adding a new livery, since liveries can be made by the players.
That's what I said in my first post. We also got those GT500 Base Models, as a way to give players more choices to personalize the cars. A prelude to what we have now.

That's what I said in my first post. We also got those GT500 Base Models, as a way to give players more choices to personalize the cars. A prelude to what we have now.

So you don’t see it as a problem? I probably misread your post then.

Should they? They're 7 years apart and sure on the surface they may appear similar but these cars are not subject to any sort of rulebook or limitation of their time. Still worth seeing a comparison to see how far they've come but whatever, they're useless rich guy flex cars for the trackday.

Yes they should.

Top Gear lap times:
1:08.5 – Pagani Zonda R
1:15.2 – Aston Martin Vulcan (Damp)

My contribution to the November update content pool :D (featuring the Maserati Granturismo cabriolet *I didn't create livery*)

Maserati Granturismo VR Hot Lap at Suzuka:

Replay Footage:

Interior Tour:

When it comes to sound, all things are not created equal. If you are playing the "game" through tinny speakers, you will get a tinny sound and it will never sound like it should. Let's be honest, most of us are not playing through a home theatre set-up which rivals your local IMAX. What you put in is what you will get out. Just my humble opinion.

Keith.

I sort of agree. The car sounds in GTS are a bit inconsistant. Some cars sound right on the money while others are far off.

However, the sounds are best experienced through either good speakers/home theater or good headphones, and LOUD.

That way more nuances of the sounds can be heard and in my opinion sounds better. I stress the term "better", as in in sounds better but not neccesarily more real if the engine note is off to begin with :)

At lest that's been my experience.

I don't mind the cars. Only how PD are grouping them, just to group them.
PD did the right thing the older cars are still GT500's we knew they were going to be much slower anyway theres no point in creating GR.2 (2016) GR.2 (2008) etc etc.

PD did the right thing the older cars are still GT500's we knew they were going to be much slower anyway theres no point in creating GR.2 (2016) GR.2 (2008) etc etc.

Yes they should make new classes.

If not at least make it custom. For the daily race at least it should strictly say race C is for group C only.

Last edited:
Yes they should make new classes.

If not at least make it custom. Foe the daily race at least it shoukd strictly say race C is for group C only.
You misunderstood me i want new classes but the 2016 GT500s are techniclly the same class of car with the 2008 ones .

Zonda r in gr,x not what i like to hear. They should have a new Class for track day cars. Gr,x is useless. Even nclass would be a far better choise. At least then you would have more use with it. Now you can't take the zonda r on the blue moon race in gt league. Seems still like a good pack and a good track. I will still hold of gt sport until maybe christmas. Then it has almost been 6 months since i last played it. But with a lot new content to come back to. I am stil plenty of Busy in Forza horizon 4

I somehow thought that the irony is well recognizable even without emojis.
I usually talk seriously and dont quite get it sometimes
I was referring to GT:S. I can't remember that they added an additional layout for a real world track. For original tracks? Yes, but real world tracks? I might be wrong.
Yes, real world tracks, they did several variants in the past for La Sarthe, Fuji, Monza, Brands Hatch, Silverstone... Both shortened variants and also older versions of the full track itself

All I want to know is if we will ever get DTM cars on Gr2, or the class is going to be only for GT500 cars, because there is a Professional League cup on GT League that is called "All-Japan GT Car Championship" that is meant to be the event dedicated to Gr2 class of racecars, just like Begginer League has the Gr4 cup, the Amateur League has the Gr3 cup, and the Professional League has the Gr1 cup.

Probably not, but I'm still hopeful that we see some other cars in that class besides GT500, just to spice things up a little.

Also, the Zonda R makes sense to be in Gr. X, but for me it would be much better if it were a N1000 car so I could use it on GT League.

All I want to know is if we will ever get DTM cars on Gr2, or the class is going to be only for GT500 cars, because there is a Professional League cup on GT League that is called "All-Japan GT Car Championship" that is meant to be the event dedicated to Gr2 class of racecars, just like Begginer League has the Gr4 cup, the Amateur League has the Gr3 cup, and the Professional League has the Gr1 cup.

Probably not, but I'm still hopeful that we see some other cars in that class besides GT500, just to spice things up a little.

Also, the Zonda R makes sense to be in Gr. X, but for me it would be much better if it were a N1000 car so I could use it on GT League.
We may get 2019 DTM cars we will see , N1000 dosen't make for the Zonda cause it dosen't have 950-1000 hp.

We may get 2019 DTM cars we will see , N1000 dosen't make for the Zonda cause it dosen't have 950-1000 hp.

I thought N classes were about general car performance and not just power to weight? Because I'm sure the Zonda R is on par, if not much faster than the Veyron around a track.

Do not agree that they did the right thing at all. When they mix up the group classes like this, it only leaves them severely unbalanced. If some cars are made irrelevant than what's the point of having them in the class? GR1 is a perfect example of this and now to a lesser extent GR2 is too. Forza Motorsport did the same thing for over a decade with a far more complex and better car class system and it still did not work out. Now Turn 10 use divisions to separate cars.

Sorry, but Catalunya is super boring. Of all the tracks PD could've brought to the game, they choose this one...
:irked:
Agreed, this track is terrible, with no flow. Feels like it's made up entirely of chicanes, with all the super tight turns. 👎

They need to get back to adding fantasy tracks, these real tracks aren't doing anything for me.

I sort of agree. The car sounds in GTS are a bit inconsistant. Some cars sound right on the money while others are far off.

However, the sounds are best experienced through either good speakers/home theater or good headphones, and LOUD.

That way more nuances of the sounds can be heard and in my opinion sounds better. I stress the term "better", as in in sounds better but not neccesarily more real if the engine note is off to begin with :)

At lest that's been my experience.
Agree

Dude, give it a chance!! I think its pure epic. Just spent 20 mins sidewaysing the GTO around Lago Maggiore

edit. it is a little underbraked though. Need to slam 'em on early.
Dudy :
I like oversteer but than progressively not suddenly where you have no control over it and loos the car .
The C4 Alfa , NSX '17, Amuse , Cor C7 , 512 BB and GTO ( I did some fiddling with the setup and it was a bit better but still .... ) and sadly also the Toyota GT2000 all cars who have that suddenly oversteer where you have at a point no controll any more , prefer to ride car not to fight it .
And I loooooooooooove cockpit view .

Sorry, but Catalunya is super boring. Of all the tracks PD could've brought to the game, they choose this one...

At least the car selection in this update was very good. Bought everything except the Ferrari because I was out of credits :irked:
You may think its boring but others may like it the game needs every single track PD can get , we can't be picky especially since its free.

Do not agree that they did the right thing at all. When they mix up the group classes like this, it only leaves them severely unbalanced. If some cars are made irrelevant than what's the point of having them in the class? GR1 is a perfect example of this and now to a lesser extent GR2 is too. Forza Motorsport did the same thing for over a decade with a far more complex and better car class system and it still did not work out. Now Turn 10 use divisions to separate cars.
Looks like you misunderstood me as well as i said i want a better system as well but PD did the right in this case cause the 2008 cars were part of the same division if you will with the 2016 cars the only "problem" is that the 2016 cars are naturally quicker , for example if you could add all F1 cars from 2000-2010 would you create 10 different classes?

Is anyone even happy in GT Sport? Can no one just be satisfied for a single month?
Nop.

I take the view with new tracks, as long as they mix it up, if I don't like one particular track, I don't complain because I probably like the next one, especially while we are getting nearly one new track a month. Actually I like Catalunya apart from that last stupid chicane, reminds me of that last Suzuka chicane which I don't like either.

Am putting up a few videos as I work through the new update. The Mini races were fun and I'll do them with both versions as the classic Mini can be upgraded a lot. The Jaaaag video was in a previous post.

In a recent interview, Nelson Piquet, Three-time F1 World Champion, said that Monza is his favorite track...

And I think Catalunya is better than Monza...

Drove a lot on the Catalunyan circuit yesterday, with plenty of cars from different classes, and I must say, the track itself looks stunning, it has great visuals and the Jets coloring the skies when the race starts is a incredible sight, but dear lord the layout itself is terrible in my opinion!

There is no flow, too many chicanes and bends where I have to slam the brakes all the way to first gear, and the only decent-sized straight ends up in another chicane! Ugh, tracks where the main straight ends in a sharp bend or chicane are literal DR and SR hell in this game.

And so far it only has one single layout, needs more options.

Still a great place for photos though.

Back