GT4 WRS Week 34 : "A New Star in the Pleiades"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tedehur
  • 265 comments
  • 12,514 views
400 Kmh!

ARE YOU M..................? oh, forgot it's you mate!

LOL

Nice one, I can only see 1,03,5's at T3 and that's usually on a lap i have screwed-up on earlier(and pushed to catch-up, with no repercusions/illusions)

Again, nice one!

Neil
 
ballstothewall
Damn it! :) :) :) :)

NO FAIR! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I knew you mods practiced for at least two weeks ahead of schedule! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Knew there had to be a payoff for all the trouble!

LOL

Neil

I can hardly call that unfair.
For instance, week 36 has been ready for weeks. When I say 'ready', I mean '100% ready' : combo (car and track), settings, parts restrictions, even the pics and the text of the thread.
And suddenly today an new idea burst into my mind. I ran the combo again, then tried another car, and another one... And I finally spend the whole morning choosing a new car, defining new settings and new parts restrictions, taking new pics and modifying the thread's text.

So right now a new week 36 is ready, different from the first one, and I hope I won't redesign it again.

This afternoon I've been busy testing french cars at George V, then testing other combos (of which I can say nothing ;) you'll never heard of 90% of them, and you'll race the remaining 10%).
It's now midnight and I'll fire up the PS2 for a new practice session on week 35, trying to figure out if I can find best settings/car/track than what I currently have.

Plus I'm never gonna submit a lap that I have not run during the official race time.
 
Bloody Hell!

There has been a SSOHF (Serious Sense Of Humour Failure) round here,

Do PACKS of ' :) ''s not give it away?

Neil
 
Maybe it's the helmeted terrapin Neil.........It is rather intimidating you know!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
ballstothewall
Bloody Hell!

There has been a SSOHF (Serious Sense Of Humour Failure) round here,

Do PACKS of ' :) ''s not give it away?

Neil
No failure here, you just don't seem to be able to win lately! Maybe it's a moon thingy!
 
MinorShunt
Maybe it's the helmeted terrapin Neil.........It is rather intimidating you know!! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Yeah, right! :lol: :lol: :lol:

About as intimidating as a fluffy bunny! :)

A fluffy bunny with an uzi!

Neil
 
few finally i've got the chance to come back... I don't wanna miss out on this one by forgetting to post the final time :p

Great tribute to a great racer ... :guilty: 👍
 
Drew22
No failure here, you just don't seem to be able to win lately! Maybe it's a moon thingy!

To be honest matie, winning ain't the reason for me racing here.

It's about the fun and cameraderie we all share!

I KNOW that i am un-likely to win a Div 2 race win, but that doesn't stop me trying!

Laters

Neil

EDIT

Sorry Cyril, can't read your PM, the site's gone to hell in a hand basket.

Bloody typical it happens over a weekend, can you imagine the cost of calling in a tech to sort it?

Sorry Jordan! Honestly, sorry!

Neil
 
Have I mentioned that this event is FUN! Sorry Nat, but I'm still having fun driving and bringing the time down. Two hours in and I'm at:

T1 16.114 (seen plenty of 15.xxx)
T2 35.515
T3 1'02.880

More laps tonight perhaps...

FUN FUN FUN!

-SHig
 
I'll have a full day ahead of me tomorrow to get my T3 under 1:03. I guess I'll have to try some of that drift action in there. No new times as of yet.
 
Just peeking around here, and I see SHig wants to rumble with me and I may have to oblidge. ;) I wanna say damned nice splits Shunt! Speedy lil' devil u are....nice!

jump_ace
 
jump_ace
Just peeking around here, and I see SHig wants to rumble with me and I may have to oblidge. ;) I wanna say damned nice splits Shunt! Speedy lil' devil u are....nice!

jump_ace
Yeah, I sent you a PM but that seems to be down for the time being... Looks like another close one between us. I KNOW my time is coming down though. Better clear some time on the old schedule buddy! :^)

-SHig
 
sheesh i am getting left behind i will have to get back into this... too much boozing :crazy:
 
SHigSpeed
Yeah, I sent you a PM but that seems to be down for the time being... Looks like another close one between us. I KNOW my time is coming down though. Better clear some time on the old schedule buddy! :^)

-SHig

*Rolls up his sleeves, puffs his chest and flexes his...well skin and bones at least*

Another hour into this thing, I really have to watch the car from over drifting the main hairpin here...

T1 - :15.879 (acceptable :))
T2 - :35.540 (my main focus this week is getting this to 35.3 or less)
T3 - 1:02.698 (need to squeeze .2 or so more out of this thing)
End, trimmed another .2 here today mainly by NOT short-cutting the chicane :lol: imagine that eh?

jump_ace
 
16.241
35.724
1'02.815

👍 for Cyril.
 
t3 1'01.644
 
t1 - 16.0 -edited
t2 - 35.2 :crazy: rubbish
t3 - 1.02.2 thats more like it.

half a second to come i hope.
 
ballstothewall
To be honest matie, winning ain't the reason for me racing here.

It's about the fun and cameraderie we all share!

I KNOW that i am un-likely to win a Div 2 race win, but that doesn't stop me trying!

Laters

Neil



Didn't mean winning races Neil, meant your sense of humor wasn't winning with some people today. I felt your frustration, that's all I meant. Geez, now I'm the one being misunderstood! Seeya.

Oh, I'm not winning any Div. 2 podiums either, but I try my hardest every week, just to be in the top 10.
 
Sorry Andy! :guilty:

Mis-understood your comment.

Stressed out, I am! :ouch:

Trouble at mill!


Back on topic,

Can't seem to get any faster this week either, hit my peak too early and now getting frustated.

I am flying so close to the line in the first sector that 8/10 times i misjudge one corner and lose .3, then push harder to catch up in the second and third, and succeed. But obviously don't want to keep a lap like that, who would?

But when i get the 1st right, i'm slow in the 2nd & 3rd (by comparison) and don't keep that .3 advantage i have gained.

Maybe it's cos when i do get it right, i start to over-think the rest of the lap trying to keep it together.

When i have the ghost to chase, i can concentrate on catching up, just catching up, and the driving and lines just happen.

Just my thoughts, sorry for rambling on.

Neil
 
When i have the ghost to chase, i can concentrate on catching up, just catching up, and the driving and lines just happen.

Neil

Have you thought about doing a "dirty" lap to get a really fast ghost saved that you can chase?

Just a thought.

I am aiming for NLP this week (Not Last Place).
 
I try not to even look at my splits cause if they're real good I tense up and futch up!I peaked real early on this one, haven't been able to better my time in 4 days.
At least with soo many drivers not participating lately I can finally get some points, when only 10 guys race you're sure to get something.
 
New splits :)

T1: 16.240
T2: 36.458
T3: 1'04.759

That was an awesome session for me, I finally learnt how to get the front end in for the Scooby and I changed the line I took through the first split.

Improved in the end by 1 second.
:)
 
Well after a frustrating hour of chasing my ghost, I discovered to my dismay that I had been driving the '99!!

So, got in the RIGHT car and brought my time down 0.4".

T1 15.782
T2 35.365
T3 1'02.540

Gotta go catch Rob...

-SHig
 
I'm not racing this week.
My max drive-FUBAR.
My GT4 disc- FUBAR.
My usb disc-FUBAR.
My Mp3 player-FUBAR.
Me-FUBARx1000.
 
Electric.......
I'm not racing this week.
My max drive-FUBAR.
My GT4 disc- FUBAR.
My usb disc-FUBAR.
My Mp3 player-FUBAR.
Me-FUBARx1000.

Thats alot of FUBAR-ness...
 
I've submitted my time, I've tried to beat it and can't come within 0.8 of it any more... top race this week 👍
 
MisterWeary
I've submitted my time, I've tried to beat it and can't come within 0.8 of it any more... top race this week 👍
But you're only .004 behind me, but I completely understand, I'm finished also. I just can't do anymore, I'm overthinking it big time. Meet ya at the finish line, you usually get me in the last sector.
 
Switched gearing to 310, ran 20 laps..

T1 - 16.149
T2 - 35.551
T3 - 1'02.806
 
Back