GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
weren't you the one that was going on and on about this just last week, Strittan?
Maybe, or I said I won't drive the standard cars, and I remember you complaining about me saying so. Who is going on and on about it now though? Wouldn't be you, would it? ;)

Ok then. 👍

Now I remember what I was going on about the other week anyway...

... I kept trying to explain that the standard cars are ported from GT4 and that they look pretty much the same, except for better reflections. However, no one or very few wanted to believe me, so they kept searching for hope, and some of them still are. I knew from the first time I watched the video featuring standard cars, that all the cars we've driven in both GTHD and GT5P are premium.

I think "GT4-looking" cars would be as bad for PD as no cockpits in 80% of the cars. I think ALL the cars will look amazing and nothing like GT4. But, enough of this argument. On to the next subject.

No, no, no. I was just making the point that given PD's notoriously fuzz and ambiguous information, we should just not get too aggravated just yet. We have a while to go, another show coming up, with some additional information, some solid some vague. Above all, we have a few more months to the alleged release date.

I'm just saying, let's not get too worked up just yet. I know it is hard, trust me, I know :/

OOOH ok, yeah that makes sense... I like speculating but people get too mad. Though that whole "air tunnel" thing just made me rage... it was a freaking autoclave... >_>

Famine
Not to steal TGS's thunder here, but I'm hearing some interesting news about a car being included in GT5 and, by extension, the marque which makes it.

I'm seeking a bit of clarification - and what precisely I'm actually allowed to say here - but it's quite good news...

Famine
At present, this is about one car rather than some or the whole range (which would be nice). But that's the limits of the information I'm allowed to pass on at this point. I do have a car name (so I also know the marque), but until I'm permitted to share it, I can't.

However, neither the make nor model contain a P, V or K.

Famine
Since Maserati - and McLaren - haven't appeared in GT games as manufacturers before, unlikely to be them.

Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing

However, famine, don't know if you can (be bothered :P) to answer this or not but when you say this car has been seen in previous GT games, do you mean in multiple GT games or just one singular GT game?
Many thanks

If it's the car I'm being told, it hasn't been in any previous GT games, though the manufacturer has. And I don't want to give any more hints at this point simply because I don't want to put the source at risk until I know the information will not be risky for them to release.

Famine
Also I've been told I'm now allowed to add that "the car" is a Le Mans 24 Hour class winner (so, my apologies to those who aren't race car fans).

Lets reopen this discussion
:)

As far as I know, the car was never determined

I, too, find the whole "steering wheel turning on its own" even more unsettling than a non-linear steering motion. I can see why iRacing and even rFactor chose to not implement the arm/hand animation. It removes a lot of the complication that goes into designing and implementing the dashboard/cockpit view. Beside the arm movement/motion on the steering wheel, it also avoids the shifting animation, be it stick or paddle shift.
I've played iRacing quite a bit, and have found I prefer the wheel turning on its own. It does look odd in that video, but it's different when you can see your own wheel, arms, and hands in your peripheral vision below the screen.

OOOH ok, yeah that makes sense... I like speculating but people get too mad. Though that whole "air tunnel" thing just made me rage... it was a freaking autoclave... >_>

Heh, that disagreement is the same as every one, though, sadly :(.

"Standards don't look anything like GT4 cars" (stated after a direct photo comparison proving polygons haven't been touched)

"We'll get a cockpit view" (after PD has stated no interior views on their own website)

...faced with evidence, a lot of people stick to their beliefs because their conviction is so thorough, they don't want to entertain the idea of being wrong. It's disappointing, but it keeps happening, and will continue to happen for another... 4 months, 2 days.

every body seems to know whether there will be a cockpit view or not, and in reality PD was tight lip about this, which means nobody knows except for PD.

Interior view means actually looking at the interior and is different from cockpit view.

every body seems to know whether there will be a cockpit view or not, and in reality PD was tight lip about this, which means nobody knows except for PD.

Interior view means actually looking at the interior and is different from cockpit view.

That's your opinion.

don't know if anyone else noticed this but.... i think theres a greater chance of the red bull f1 cars being in the game because when vettel is talking for the game in the e3 trailer he says "you can usually reach around 400 kph on the straight away" ... thats f1 speed!!!!

hmmmm...... then possibly lmp1 but i dont think those even go 250 ... then again ive only seen the r10 do 200 @ road america... maybe its for an exclusive veyron race with 5 miles of straight away?

hmmmm...... then possibly lmp1 but i dont think those even go 250 ... then again ive only seen the r10 do 200 @ road america... maybe its for an exclusive veyron race with 5 miles of straight away?

Vettel was probably talking about either the Mulsane straight at Circuit de la Sarthe or the straight a Fuji. (Nurburgring's straight is long, but it's elevation change prevents cars from getting the insane speeds that Fuji and Sarthe get). And the 250mph is probably in reference to LMPs and supercars. The Veyron is in and will be hitting 250+ on some straights. (Although, it took Top Gear nearly 3 miles to hit the car's top speed...But maybe we can do some HP tuning to it and remove the regulator. :P)

I just noticed something. I just downloaded the GT5 E3 trailer from PSN and the release date was changed to just November 2010. So I'm guessing that there is going to be another small delay...

I just noticed something. I just downloaded the GT5 E3 trailer from PSN and the release date was changed to just November 2010. So I'm guessing that there is going to be another small delay...

Nope. Just downloaded it again and still says november 2nd.

Latest Posts

Back