GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Ok next time i find something that i think might help the community I simply won't post it because theres always some #@$* on a high horse somewhere that will have a cry about it.

No, its not like that.

It's just that it IS GTPlanet, a site (for the most part dedicated to one game, and in recent days one specific Furismo) .

So you have to tell yourself, here are thousands of die hards who are out there scowering the web for morsels of info and media related to GT5, now seeing as how that particular video was from CES2010 a major gaming show from last quarter , you'd have to assume that every available bit of info has been squeezed out of it. Thanks though!

I don't even know IF we'll see the full deformation damage model before we get our hands on it. If we do, it'll probably be in a damage trailer at GamesCom or TGS. We COULD see it in action at GC, but, if it's another timed demo, probably not. And if we do, it'll most likely be without the mechanical damage model.

Yeah I understand but if only one person views it who hasn't viewed it before then it's worth posting. I copped an infraction for it. Lesson learnt.

You were given an infraction for your attitude and evading the swear filter. Not for re-posting something.

As others have said, if it's been posted before, go ahead and provide a link to it. Don't re-post the same thing.

So you have to tell yourself, here are thousands of die hards who are out there scowering the web for morsels of info and media related to GT5, now seeing as how that particular video was from CES2010 a major gaming show from last quarter , you'd have to assume that every available bit of info has been squeezed out of it.

You don't necessarily have to "assume", but you do have to "Search".

;)

Back to the steering animations (as well as shifting animations for that matter). I really like the way iRacing (and many other PC sims) has done it. Simply to only have the wheel and no driver in cockpit view. Make this an option in GT, make the wheel in game turn at least 360 degree, and voilà, PD have erased the distracting steering and shifting animations for good.

[YOUTUBEHD]gNqBkO1ZOzs&feature=related[/YOUTUBEHD]

I don't even know IF we'll see the full deformation damage model before we get our hands on it. If we do, it'll probably be in a damage trailer at GamesCom or TGS. We COULD see it in action at GC, but, if it's another timed demo, probably not. And if we do, it'll most likely be without the mechanical damage model.
Why do you believe so? Last year's gamescom build included mechanical damage...

Back to the steering animations (as well as shifting animations for that matter). I really like the way iRacing (and many other PC sims) has done it. Simply to only have the wheel and no driver in cockpit view. Make this an option in GT, make the wheel in game turn at least 360 degree, and voilà, PD have erased the distracting steering and shifting animations for good.

I respect you opinion but that looks so freaky to me :lol: I def agree with you make many views to suite everyone driving need 👍

Why do you believe so? Last year's gamescom build included mechanical damage...

did it? I didn't see any evidence of it. I just saw doors flying off.

But to answer your question: It really depends on Polyphony. But like I said, if it's a 2 minute demo, most of the in-game videos wouldn't be very long the way some of these presenters drive. :P

I prefer how GTR2 does it.

The wheel animation is as it should be for the car in question. This animation is not dependent (or even effected) by the wheel you are using.

So, an F1 car is around 360 degrees, and a road car is between 700 and 900 degrees. While the wheel you are using could be 900 degrees (or anything if you have a Fanatec wheel) and the on screen animation just corresponds to the ratio between the animation and your wheel. (expanded or compressed as it were).

Some may not like this approach, but I find it to be the best ballance.

Anything is better than only having 270 degrees animated (Prologue, Forza).

;)

did it? I didn't see any evidence of it. I just saw doors flying off.
Some journalists wrote about it and even alba, who made a report since he was there.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3511505#post3511505
You even left some comment in the discussion....

did damage effect to driving?
Yes, i crashed on my first play it's the first thing I did and you get stuck and can't go past 4th gear and it gave me the impression it took longer to shift up but nothing is indicated on the hud like they'd show a car preview with red areas or something that has appeared in some other games before, you can just see that you can't go faster and it's somehow slower which is a good thing to me!

Last edited:
I prefer how GTR2 does it.

The wheel animation is as it should be for the car in question. This animation is not dependent (or even effected) by the wheel you are using.

So, an F1 car is around 360 degrees, and a road car is between 700 and 900 degrees. While the wheel you are using could be 900 degrees (or anything if you have a Fanatec wheel) and the on screen animation just corresponds to the ratio between the animation and your wheel. (expanded or compressed as it were).

Some may not like this approach, but I find it to be the best ballance.

Anything is better than only having 270 degrees animated (Prologue, Forza).

;)
Yes, this would be the best solution. 👍

Doubt PD will do it though.

I, too, find the whole "steering wheel turning on its own" even more unsettling than a non-linear steering motion. I can see why iRacing and even rFactor chose to not implement the arm/hand animation. It removes a lot of the complication that goes into designing and implementing the dashboard/cockpit view. Beside the arm movement/motion on the steering wheel, it also avoids the shifting animation, be it stick or paddle shift.

We are discussing PD information, or lack of clarity. Anything could or could not be true, included, excluded or otherwise...

To me, until we have more definitive information (the game in our PS3 lol), it is pointless to discuss any of the fuzzy or unconfirmed features, or lack there off.

With all due respect, would that mean the majority of these threads need to be locked? :sly: At this point almost everything is still fuzzy. =P

Did anyone else see on gamestop if you pre-order the collectors edition you get two bonus cars?? the stealth Mclaren F1 an #20 Joey Lagano Nascar car.

Im sorry if this has been around but I just noticed it

Did anyone else see on gamestop if you pre-order the collectors edition you get two bonus cars?? the stealth Mclaren F1 an #20 Joey Lagano Nascar car.

Im sorry if this has been around but I just noticed it
Yep,it's old!!

With all due respect, would that mean the majority of these threads need to be locked? :sly: At this point almost everything is still fuzzy. =P

No, no, no. I was just making the point that given PD's notoriously fuzz and ambiguous information, we should just not get too aggravated just yet. We have a while to go, another show coming up, with some additional information, some solid some vague. Above all, we have a few more months to the alleged release date.

I'm just saying, let's not get too worked up just yet. I know it is hard, trust me, I know :/

that does make sense. I know when I read the American site's translation, I was kinda like "well, WTF does that mean?" And I think that the windows being blacked out because the entire interior isn't modeled makes sense. Perhaps only the dash and the front seats are modeled in standard cars and not the back seat or whatever like we've seen in the Premium cars.

And actually, that makes sense even more. If you look at the GT site you see interior views of the seats and different angels of the interior, and perhaps that's what it's referring to. Like if you take a Premium car out to a photo travel spot, you can supposedly take pictures of the interior and from the interior. But perhaps the "no interior camera view" means that you can't do that with a Standard car simply because the entire interior isn't modelled. I mean, who wants to take a picture of blackness?

I still can't believe no one wants to let go of this topic. Speculation, speculation and more speculation. Sure, that's what forums are for, but still...

Why did PD put this phrase"Standard cars do not support vehicle interior camera views"??if the 800cars don't really have a cockpit view they could simply put this phrase"the standard cars won't have a cockpit view"!!

IT's just sad that Sony\PD added *Standard cars do not support vehicle interior camera views. And it just makes it more confusing...That should be defining.

Reading PD info is like reading abstract haiku's.

I'm with this guy i said the same stuff we will see...

Back