GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
24x1fk5.jpg

You guys remember this? How many things can we cross of the list that we already have. :lol:

Last edited:
Seen at the recent Goodwood event:

Do you guys think the LF-A will be featured in the game?

That's one of the LF-A's that took part in the 24 hour race on the Nürburgring. It has the original livery, including the race sponsoring by GT. Suggesting the car will be in GT because of this means you think all cars in the 24 hour race will be in GT, which, you will admit, is nonsense.

We've been over this.

Edit: Do I think the LF-A will be in GT5? Yes, I do. (but it has nothing to do with that sponsor-tape on the windshield)

That's one of the LF-A's that took part in the 24 hour race on the Nürburgring. It has the original livery, including the race sponsoring by GT. Suggesting the car will be in GT because of this means you think all cars in the 24 hour race will be in GT, which, you will admit, is nonsense.

We've been over this.

Edit: Do I think the LF-A will be in GT5? Yes, I do. (but it has nothing to do with that sponsor-tape on the windshield)

Didn't Kaz mention somewhere in Januari or Februari that they were busy modelling the LF-A?

EDIT: Found it..
http://wot.motortrend.com/6629343/e...ate-from-creator-kazunori-yamauchi/index.html

"Like the new Hondas, the CR-Z and HSV-010GT?

We're working on both cars right now, actually. The LFA too. There are plenty of cars being built as we speak."

Last edited:
@ the video SuperShouden posted

People were speculating about how the lighting on GT5 worked (pre-baked or realtime\dynamic), you can spot at 0:17 the car is casting a hard shadow against those lights direction and what seems to be a soft shadow on the right direction (against the moon?), weird, shouldn't it be the other way around?

@ the video SuperShouden posted

People were speculating about how the lighting on GT5 worked (pre-baked or realtime\dynamic), you can spot at 0:17 the car is casting a hard shadow against those lights direction and what seems to be a soft shadow on the right direction (against the moon?), weird, shouldn't it be the other way around?

I posted this earlier

The shadows do get longer as the sun sets
gt5shadows.jpg

I took the screen cap from this video 22:20 - you can see the shadows in full effect there
It looks like the shadows are only generated from 1 light source, the Sun

[YOUTUBEHD]AdH8tFpkKYA[/YOUTUBEHD]

It looks natural in that interview video, it's just weird at that single spot on the other video, because of the closer and stronger light source just casting a long soft shadow (I'll try to take a screencap of it)

EDIT:
2ms4wuo.jpg

Last edited:
But that video is a B-Roll clip from Sony, with no sound, which is supposed to be used for backfill for sites to use when they have trailers/interviews and what not. It could be an older build, a glitch etc

It looks natural in that interview video, it's just weird at that single spot on the other video, because of the closer and stronger light source just casting a long soft shadow (I'll try to take a screencap of it)

EDIT:
*Shadow Image*

You must have a good eye to see that. There should be a shadow, just not one as dark as that. It's very insignificant though, in my opinion.

EDIT:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ms4wuo.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Watching the video, it looks like the artificial light source doesn't cast shadows and doesn't light up the sun's shadow enough. It also looks like it doesn't light up the car but it's hard to tell from this footage alone.

EDIT:
2ms4wuo.jpg

Holy crap is this really necessary? I mean come on. I know this is GTP but... still.

Difference between club and team?

By the way, I am going to start thinking of witty license plate right now! ;) Because with something along the lines of 2FAST4U, yep... no one stands a chance.:lol:

Nah guys, let's stop there before we start nitpicking other stuff to death.

My only initial concern was that the hard shadow was being cast in the wrong direction when the car was under that artificial light source (well, wrong to me at least).

I added the green arrows pointing what could be a soft shadow, because CoolColJ pointed the Sun was the only light source casting a shadow (that hard shadow).

Anyway, let's not overthink this stuff >_>

Not again... Jesus Christ, GT sponsored Porsches exist since the 90's.
This car is from the 24h Nürburgring race, were ALL CARS had to have that banner on the windshield.

EDIT: Btw. EA renewed their Porsche license and made it exclusive to Need for Speed.

If that car is from the 24 hour nurburgring, it should have the Gran Turismo decal because PD/SONY sponsored it.

Edit: It's really sad that EA renewed the Porsche license, I guess we need to wait until GT7.

Back