GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
wind effect was in gt5 prologue.It effects to TREES on suzuka .You can see shaking trees while passing them in replay mode. i am not lying.

You're mixing up the simple wind effect from passing cars which is apparent not only on Suzuka in GT5P but also at Fuji an Eiger. But if you look at the first video Jordan posted, there's also the possible and rather apparent effect of environmental wind which seems to force the dirt further and more briskly away from the car. Here's a recap (the effect at 1:20):

[YOUTUBEHD]8padDk9ZakE[/YOUTUBEHD]

I remember reading an old interview where Kaz mentioned that he's interested in introducing wind effects into the physics engine so that wind resistance/assistance will be apparent in the how the car feels, handles and drives.

I like the new load screen with the ticker at the top. Anyone notice that the Citroen GT is tagged as "Road Car". I bet there's an LM version in GT5.

Also, the Mclaren SLR had a (12 inch wheel) part after it. Maybe that's a hint as to the customization.

I remember reading an old interview where Kaz mentioned that he's interested in introducing wind effects into the physics engine so that wind resistance/assistance will be apparent in the how the car feels, handles and drives.

Don't doubt he said that, but if you can find a link to that... sounds like an interesting interview. 👍

That video looks like the cars are riding the curb and kicking up some dirt from the edge of the grass IMO.

Yes, thanks, it's not like Jordan didn't say that in his post. The whole point was that the dust kicked up by the cars was blown away to the left with speed, implying winds.

Yes, thanks, it's not like Jordan didn't say that in his post. The whole point was that the dust kicked up by the cars was blown away to the left with speed, implying winds.

Ooo Ok I see thanks for clearing that up i was so lost thanks D.

Ooo Ok I see thanks for clearing that up i was so lost thanks D.

No problem, sorry for being a bit douchey.

I like the new load screen with the ticker at the top. Anyone notice that the Citroen GT is tagged as "Road Car". I bet there's an LM version in GT5.

Also, the Mclaren SLR had a (12 inch wheel) part after it. Maybe that's a hint as to the customization.

I'll take that bet.
12" Wheels on the SLR? The brake rotors themselves are much bigger than that so not possible.

There is only one person that can confirm anything about winds... amar, where are you?

He's been around a couple of times recently, but he's like a ninja: He's there one minute, he's gone the next.

No problem, sorry for being a bit douchey.

I'll take that bet.
12" Wheels on the SLR? The brake rotors themselves are much bigger than that so not possible.

Well, it's 12inch W...don't know what the word is, but it is interesting. And I guess there could be a Citroen GT Concept and Road Car, but usually when PD puts "Road Car" after a car name it means there's a racing version, as well.

Well, it's 12inch W...don't know what the word is, but it is interesting. And I guess there could be a Citroen GT Concept and Road Car, but usually when PD puts "Road Car" after a car name it means there's a racing version, as well.

No, 19" option. Same SLR used in previous videos for as long as I can remember.

Last edited:
Is that wind video showing a new demo build vs the e3 version or do you guys think its the same, just showing a windy day?

off topic: Apparently "damage" was turned on on WRC cars on the 2010 Demo in Spain...It shows the Door flapping around on cockpit view at the end.
[Youtube]6AJZ8NnOb1M&feature=channel[/Youtube]
have you guys seen any other vids that showed this at E3??

That's a good find. That's got to be the first gameplay footage of a loose door. Looks just like I'd expect it to.

We had seen a replay video of an opened door on the Subaru, but this is different.

off topic: Apparently "damage" was turned on on WRC cars on the 2010 Demo in Spain...It shows the Door flapping around on cockpit view at the end.
[Youtube]6AJZ8NnOb1M&feature=channel[/Youtube]
have you guys seen any other vids that showed this at E3??

I haven't seen it. Nice damage though 👍

Pause it at exactly 36 seconds. It is there.:)
No, it is just the surface of the track.

Before:
55guqa.jpg

After:
6hjb5j.jpg

^AI has some rather weird and exotic names - and 2 cars with the same AI name..... :)

Kaden, Karnari, Brayan, Melvin, Braiden, Kadyn, Brayan -- they all rhyme!

Back