GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
EDIT: Btw. EA renewed their Porsche license and made it exclusive to Need for Speed.

Since when? As we didn't know the terms and duration of the original contract, how can you know when and if they renewed it?

It is a possibility that they've held it back until Gamescom. But don't get your hopes up anyone, KY has said that there were licensing issues.

Not again... Jesus Christ, GT sponsored Porsches exist since the 90's.
This car is from the 24h Nürburgring race, were ALL CARS had to have that banner on the windshield.

EDIT: Btw. EA renewed their Porsche license and made it exclusive to Need for Speed.

Thats why other racing games like FM3 has Porsche?

BTW, the New Fanatec Carrera wheel will launch with GT5

EDIT:

My bad, it seem all cars from the latest 24h Nürburgring race are GT sponsored

http://www.worldcarfans.com/1090525...-win-in-the-24-hours-of-nurburgring/lowphotos

Last edited:
They renewed the license to NfS exclusively at E3, search for yourself if you don't believe me and:
Just to clarify, although it helps its chances because Pescarolo have a good relationship with Sony/PD and have appeared in GT before, there have been plenty of Gran Turismo-sponsored cars before that never appeared, such as:

WatermarkedImageHandler.ashx

(the Gran Turismo sponsorship is on the spoiler, I have the model of this very car at home, is how I know ;) )

Oh, and I just found this too:

WatermarkedImageHandler.ashx

24hMantheyPorsche911GT3RSR1.jpg

d_16755_800_600_90.jpg

since the 90's? you don't say, i watched all 24h Nürburgring races and i never saw a Porsche with a GT sponsor.

As event sponsor, Gran Turismo has appeared as a sponsor on all cars in that event since 2008.

Here's one from last year:

fourth-porsche-overa-4_460x0w.jpg

And 2008:

Porsche-wins-Nurburgring-24-Hours-car-picture.jpg

Not again... Jesus Christ, GT sponsored Porsches exist since the 90's.
This car is from the 24h Nürburgring race, were ALL CARS had to have that banner on the windshield.

Which makes it even more interesting when you find out that the NFS racing team (head by EA's EU head-honcho Patrick Soderlund) is using BMW Z4 instead of Porsche for the FIA GT3 series (also at the recent Nurburgring 24hr where they finished 4th). Another interesting tidbit from Nurburgring 24hr race: some of drivers from Manthey Porsche were proudly displaying "GT" logo on the racing suit (left side on the chest). No other drivers from any other team had this (the "GT" logo but they do have other sponsorship displayed in the same fashion) on their racing suit including the Playstation sponsored ABT Sportsline I . Yes, I'm aware of the fact that the race is sponsored by GT (I've been following the race for the last 5 years).

Guys please help with downloading GTHD...Dying to see it.Please any help!!!

(I'm forced to write in this thread because no one viewing GTHD forums...)

Guys please help with downloading GTHD...Dying to see it.Please any help!!!

(I'm forced to write in this thread because no one viewing GTHD forums...)

Try searching the PS store for it, if no results are found, it's probably been removed since it was released just as the PS3 was.

Interesting to hear that EA renewed their exclusive Porsche License. VERY interesting. I suspect Polyphony had something to do with it. Like perhaps PD was looking at an exclusive Porsche license but EA beat 'em to it. But, hopefully, Forza 4 will get screwed over as well so we don't have any "Well, FM4 has Porsche" people. But, FM3 hasn't released a Porsche in any of it's DLC packs and TDU2 is apparently Porsche-free as well. But, if Porsche wants to shoot themselves in the foot, they can go ahead and do it.

From the info I was able to gather ( someone else might be able to confirm or clarify it further ) on the web it seems the "exclusive" part only extends to one model only, the Porsche 918 concept ( which is ironic since that's the car with the GT/Forza screens remember? ) for NFS Hot Pursuit.
Anyway, it's a bit irrelevant at least for GT5, as Porsche won't be in.

Hey with livery editor and RUF being in GT5 I think that would be good enough for now. Plus we might get the one with the carrera V8 too. We might be able to modify the body work to look like a GT3.

@SuperShouden

Man, no. Please, just no. Totally unnecessary comment.

It is business, whether it revolves around a huge ammount of money or a shady contract, it is still business. From EA perspective it gives their games something more, from Porsche's perspective, well who cares, they probably made a good deal and it's not like Porsche can't survive without a game not featuring their cars.

It's time to let it go.

Why keep losing sleep over stuff like "Why Kazunori Yamauchi drive a Porsche and he can't get Porsche on GT?", "Why does the fact that the cars that Kazunori Yamauchi owns or have driven do not sound as good on GT doesn't bother him that much?" ... etc

Porsche is not in GT5, I know, but I would've sworn that was a replay still. All I can say is GT5 is beautiful.

Same here. The things that gave it away for me were the headlights, the grill, the accumulation of dirt/bugs, and the missing effect of the blue filter that PD uses.

Interesting to hear that EA renewed their exclusive Porsche License. VERY interesting. I suspect Polyphony had something to do with it. Like perhaps PD was looking at an exclusive Porsche license but EA beat 'em to it. But, hopefully, Forza 4 will get screwed over as well so we don't have any "Well, FM4 has Porsche" people. But, FM3 hasn't released a Porsche in any of it's DLC packs and TDU2 is apparently Porsche-free as well. But, if Porsche wants to shoot themselves in the foot, they can go ahead and do it.

Porsche isnt gonna lose any sales or even hurt in any ways financially when they are not being featured in one game or another...

...sadly for us. So there is not pressure on their side to favor any game developer over another, unless of course, if it's money.

As far as i am concern, whatever EA paid for their Porsche exclusive rights, it's way too much money wasted... because i am not going to rush out and buy a specific games just because it features Porsche cars... I would buy the car game with the most realistic driving physic model, AND which gives me fun... in this case GT series, DEFINITELY NOT EA games...

Winner here: Porsche
Loser here: EA
collateral damage: us players
side winners: other game developers for saving a few bucks by not having to pay Porsche for the license

One deal they could have worked out is this:

Road model Porsches are exclusive to EA (those are the ones they use in NFS games).

Racing model Porsches can appear in Gran Turismo (Those are the ones we are missing since RUF only had road models, and to be honest, i really want Porsche because of the racing ones, i´m sure many others are in the same category).

To me this had the same chance of happening as the standard cars having cockpits, so, 0,1%.

But hey, it´s an idea, something they can pursuit. I think it´s a waste of license to have Porsches and no having a single racing model in it. Total BS.

Anybody else feeling like this would be a good idea for future titles?

Anybody else feeling like this would be a good idea for future titles?

No not me, I want Porsche roadcars as well, as not all Porsche roadcars ( not by a far stretch if you include the complete history of Porsche ) are "covered" by Ruf.

Man, why are we discussing this whole Porsche thing again?
Who's with me in declaring this a Porsche-free zone until GT5 arrives?:lol:

Unlikely. Microsoft/Turn 10 buy a sub license from EA and always have done. Seems the relationship is good so I doubt EA will stop issuing under a sub license. EA recently used Microsoft's Ferrari license for the NFS shift.

If Sony pay up they could sub it from EA but how many driving games are EA willing sub. Letting MS use it is just one game, anymore kind of defeats the purpose and can harm your games. But I'm sure money and relationship and who MS are is influential.

Except, I don't know if that's true. When FM1 came out, EA's exclusive liceneses with Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini had already run out. And it's only now that EA renewed their exclusive Porsche license. And actually, I believe MS picked up the exclusive license for the years EA hasn't had it. (As FM has been one of the only series to have Porsche) Now, it would appear MS's exclusive license has expired and EA has captured it again.

No not me, I want Porsche roadcars as well, as not all Porsche roadcars ( not by a far stretch if you include the complete history of Porsche ) are "covered" by Ruf.

Man, why are we discussing this whole Porsche thing again?
Who's with me in declaring this a Porsche-free zone until GT5 arrives?:lol:

Okay lets talk RUF then.... :sly:

RufGreenster-3_610x360.jpg

RUF EV Targa

RUF_1-L.jpg

ruf-rgt-8-engine-bay.jpg

RUF GT8

6-RUF-RGT-8-5.jpg

2007-RUF-RGT-based-on-Porsche-997-Front-Angle-1280x960.jpg

ruf-ctr3-front-big.jpg

Since we don't have Porsche I'm still excited about driving this models if we get it.

ruf-dakara-01.jpg

Maybe this one too.

ruf-ctr-3-650x436.jpg

I know I miss this car already (Yellowbird)

ruf-porsche-panamera.png

Nah! I'll pass on this one.

Porsche_Carrera_S_RUF.jpg

Oh the RT12 too by the way.

Last edited:
Thats why other racing games like FM3 has Porsche
Unfortunately for you, you are about the 600 millionth member to make such a comment and as a result this answer will be brief. EA hold the right to sub-license Porsche in relation to their appearance in other games. EA don't like Sony that much, no agreement for EA to sublet PD the Porsche license could be agreed. If you want a more indepth answer there is a thread about Porsche's license floating about including a key figure from Porsche explaining the situation in more detail.

Unfortunately for you, you are about the 600 millionth member to make such a comment and as a result this answer will be brief. EA hold the right to sub-license Porsche in relation to their appearance in other games. EA don't like Sony that much, no agreement for EA to sublet PD the Porsche license could be agreed. If you want a more indepth answer there is a thread about Porsche's license floating about including a key figure from Porsche explaining the situation in more detail.

Actually, EA LOVES Sony. It's PD that they don't much like...'cause they're the biggest competition. Obviously, they don't see FM as much of a competitor, so they're trying to help them defeat PD....which isn't going to happen.

(Seriously. Watch the new Hot Pursuit game outsell FM3)

Back