GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Translation: "We have an exclusive contract with EA, but if someone pays us tens of millions of dollars, then we might be interested in allowing other companies to use our cars."

No. They would have to pay EA the tens of millions of dollars, which has been the case for the past 10 years, IIRC.

Well I read somewhere about some manager or something at EA saying that they prefer dealing with Sony rather than Microsoft (not the company but the console)thats why all EA games at E3 were played using a PS3 so if they gave Forza a sub liscence I am sure they can do the same for GT5 (at a cut price of course :sly:).Anyway PD gave us Ferrari ,Maserati,Lamborghini and Bugatti and that is good enough already.

Well I read somewhere about some manager or something at EA saying that they prefer dealing with Sony rather than Microsoft (not the company but the console)thats why all EA games at E3 were played using a PS3 so if they gave Forza a sub liscence I am sure they can do the same for GT5 (at a cut price of course :sly:).Anyway PD gave us Ferrari ,Maserati,Lamborghini and Bugatti and that is good enough already.

Sony+EA is a very recent "partnership". Microsoft decided to bed Activision and get a bunch of exclusive deals going. To that EA decided to do the same with SONY. All this happened around the time of E3.
I think we'll get Porsche in GT5, however, the DLC, will be far, far down the road.

Sony+EA is a very recent "partnership". Microsoft decided to bed Activision and get a bunch of exclusive deals going. To that EA decided to do the same with SONY. All this happened around the time of E3.
I think we'll get Porsche in GT5, however, the DLC, will be far, far down the road.

Yes definatley if PD manage to get the liscence then it will probably be as DLC.

Porsche_Porsche_917_KH_Coup.jpg

800px-911_GT1_Front.jpg

220px-Porsche_959_Dakar.jpg

Last edited:
Can somebody please link me to a source which confirms the EA-Porsche license has been renewed?

It was at E3 right? A youtube link will do fine if it was in one of the main recorded conferences.

None of those are relative to the contract renewal that was 'supposedly' announced at E3 2010. I'm aware of the situation up until around February, when I read the entire 80+ page Porsche thread. I've also been keeping up to date with that thread, since it was locked.

EDIT:

I was referring to these posts:

Interesting to hear that EA renewed their exclusive Porsche License.

It is interesting yes... So where did this information come from?

From the info I was able to gather ( someone else might be able to confirm or clarify it further ) on the web it seems the "exclusive" part only extends to one model only, the Porsche 918 concept ( which is ironic since that's the car with the GT/Forza screens remember? ) for NFS Hot Pursuit.

Where did you gather this info? Link?

They renewed the license to NfS exclusively at E3, search for yourself if you don't believe me

I have searched and found nothing, where is your evidence? What is your source? This all seems to have come from nowhere.

Last edited:
As annoying as it is to hear the same "waa waa Porsche" every few months, even I'll say you're missing the point SrRd if you think the modern road cars are the primary concern here ;).

As annoying as it is to hear the same "waa waa Porsche" every few months, even I'll say you're missing the point SrRd if you think the modern road cars are the primary concern here ;).

Are you sure you're talking to me, or forgetful (the poster below me)?

As annoying as it is to hear the same "waa waa Porsche" every few months.

I don't mind it providing there is some sort of development.

It seems there was a development (Namely EA renewing the Porsche contract and publically announcing it...), but nobody has a link.

EDIT:

Found it.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/06/17/need-for-speed-nabs-porsche-exclusive/
http://twitter.com/CriterionGames/status/16415582313/

I was under the impression there was more info on it than that. It doesn't specify any contract renewal of any kind.

Are you sure you're talking to me, or forgetful (the poster below me)?

Definitely you, because you listed off Rufs that could serve in place of modern road-going Porsches; while he provided a legitimate argument for having Porsche in the game; its their historical stuff, the road and race cars.

Definitely you, because you listed off Rufs that could serve in place of modern road-going Porsches; while he provided a legitimate argument for having Porsche in the game; its their historical stuff, the road and race cars.

I was just listing the RUF models that I would want in GT5. I'm not sure how that was misconstrued in your mind.

I'd love for Porsche to be in the game, but as I said just before, I was listing off RUF models that I'd want to see. And those 3 are on top of my list.

It doesn't matter if Porsche makes it to GT5, the RUF models I listed are RUF models I'd like to see.

And then, of course, there are certain Porsche models I'd like/expect in the game. It would be cool if both manufacturers could be in.

It seems there was a development (Namely EA renewing the Porsche contract and publically announcing it...), but nobody has a link.

EDIT:

Found it.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/06/17/need-for-speed-nabs-porsche-exclusive/

I was under the impression there was more info on it than that. It doesn't specify any contract renewal of any kind.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was renewed for whatever time this is. EA know Porsche is what everyone wants, so it's a smart business move on their end, imo.

Wow! This is the first time I have looked on here since we got the release date and the discussion is all about Porsche again. Pathetic gentlemen, just pathetic! We are getting 1000+ cars and all you guys can do is bitch about the one we do not. 👎👎:tdown:There is a whole life out there you guys are missing but if constant complaining is more entertaining to you then I guess to each thier own. I can not wait until the damn game is out so that there is something interesting to discuss around here.

EDIT:

Found it.

It was announced during the EA presentation of NFS:somethingsomething during the E3 conference, I believe.

And "where can I get a savegame with all the cars and all gold licenses so I don't have to do it myself" threads!👍

:lol: So true. Its a new generation of gamers in todays times, when they care more about trophies aquired for the games' then the actual fun playing the game. Its pretty funny to see in the PS store the option to buy (with real money) the ability to unlock all of the games content without spending any effort playing the actual game to do so. I thought spending the time playing the game to unlock things was part of the fun of playing the game...I guess kids now think gaming is 'work' and just want everything unlocked from the get go.

:lol: So true. Its a new generation of gamers in todays times, when they care more about trophies aquired for the games' then the actual fun playing the game. Its pretty funny to see in the PS store the option to buy (with real money) the ability to unlock all of the games content without spending any effort playing the actual game to do so. I thought spending the time playing the game to unlock things was part of the fun of playing the game...I guess kids now think gaming is 'work' and just want everything unlocked from the get go.

Do people actually do this?

The idea of paying money for a game, then paying more real money to get it completed for me... no wonder people have so little faith in the next generation, what kind of priorities are these?!

I still don't have a PS3, but I can say that when I do, I really won't care about Trophies. Other than the rare game (like MGS or an FF game), I usually don't hunt down every little thing, but in those games, when I do, half the fun is the satisfaction of completing the challenge. Buying completion of a game is sorta like ordering a phoney PhD through the mail.

Back