GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a small detail to add. The year model of the R33 Skyline is 1997. 👍

There's gonna be different years of the r33 and r32 and r34 just like gt4. Nice picture but what exactly does it prove?

There will probably be a lot of Skylines and Evo's, but GT5 will still have the larges and most diverse car selection in any game to date by far.

I'm starting to get concerned. I'm starting to think that the SLR McLaren with the 19" wheel option is counted as one car and then all others with different wheels are counted as separate cars. If thats not the case why bother naming the cars SLR with 19" wheel option?

I'm starting to get concerned. I'm starting to think that the SLR McLaren with the 19" wheel option is counted as one car and then all others with different wheels are counted as separate cars. If thats not the case why bother naming the cars SLR with 19" wheel option?

Technically it wasn't apart of the name itself, it was more of a caption. You didn't notice the parentheses? I think it might allude to the fact that however you buy the car would be the same as you would in an actual dealership.

The Levin is in GT4 as well. 👍

Yes,But the point i was making is the AE86 on the list looks like an '85 type II,the '83 type I had different rims for a start, also it didn't have two tone paint.And if I'm not wrong the AE86's on GT4 are type II's aswell.

One of the Impreza's in GT5P already has something like this in its name tag. It's like 18 Inch BBS Wheel Option or something. I doubt they would include the standard one as well.

So they would include ones with special wheels and what not but not the standard ones that are mostly sold? Doesn't sound right.

Technically it wasn't apart of the name itself, it was more of a caption. You didn't notice the parentheses? I think it might allude to the fact that however you buy the car would be the same as you would in an actual dealership.

Gotcha. Hope you're right.

lol 1000 cars.. 500 of them are Skylines haha.

not likely. I think the 50+ skylines in GT4 was close to all of them. Maybe 70 or so, but I'm actually expecting less skylines this time. Sometimes you can make room for more cars be eliminating a lot of the cars your really don't need. And GT4 was a focus on vehicle history, hence the Benz And Daimler horseless carriages, the Auto Union Steamline and Ford Model T. All those cars had no real use except to show vehicle history. Although, I would like to see the Steamline again, but only if you can race it on more tracks than Nurburgring.

Here is a large photo giving the official GT titles and years to some of the JGTC and Super GT cars

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1488/dscn0144w.jpg

(The Castrol TOM's Supra is a 97 according to this)

not likely. I think the 50+ skylines in GT4 was close to all of them. Maybe 70 or so, but I'm actually expecting less skylines this time. Sometimes you can make room for more cars be eliminating a lot of the cars your really don't need. And GT4 was a focus on vehicle history, hence the Benz And Daimler horseless carriages, the Auto Union Steamline and Ford Model T. All those cars had no real use except to show vehicle history. Although, I would like to see the Steamline again, but only if you can race it on more tracks than Nurburgring.

Assuming it is correct that we can transfer all cars from GT PSP to GT5 there wont be any less, infact there will be more since the V36 series of Skyline has debuted since.

:lol: I know there wont actually be 500 Skylines.. It was sarcasm. But yeah, there should be less I think. Like the older style ones that no-body really cares about.

Really though, I don't know that much about Japanese cars, but Nissan has too many repeats of cars. They should just have 1 of the top of the range spec. This could at least pave way for newer modelled cars, or even older ones that we didn't get in previous chapters.

BTW, does anyone know what the specs are of that Yellow Hat Supra (Super GT)...??

DCP
They should just have 1 of the top of the range spec. This could at least pave way for newer modelled cars, or even older ones that we didn't get in previous chapters.

Modelling the V-spec II then making adjustments to make the V-Spec II Nur then M-Spec Nur (etc) isn't going to pave the way for any new cars, the differences are quite small with little visual different and a little spec differences. It takes very little effort and resource (hence nothing like making whole new models) for them to add these different spec cars. They probably know the Skylines so well, have so much data on them and have such good access to them they can model the variations easily, not somthing you can say for all cars.

I just wish they were able to do this with more cars.

Jay
Modelling the V-spec II then making adjustments to make the V-Spec II Nur then M-Spec Nur (etc) isn't going to pave the way for any new cars, the differences are quite small with little visual different and a little spec differences. It takes very little effort and resource (hence nothing like making whole new models) for them to add these different spec cars. They probably know the Skylines so well, have so much data on them and have such good access to them they can model the variations easily, not somthing you can say for all cars.

I just wish they were able to do this with more cars.

Perfectly understand, but when u race with them, u choose the most fastest one, so why would you want the others. Sorry, this is just the way I see it, maybe some racers do prefer all, but I can't see the real reason.

DCP
Really though, I don't know that much about Japanese cars, but Nissan has too many repeats of cars. They should just have 1 of the top of the range spec. This could at least pave way for newer modelled cars, or even older ones that we didn't get in previous chapters.

I doubt many variations will hinder the amount of newer modelled cars, especially given the vast amount of cars featured that at least to my memory no one else has been able to pull off.

DCP
Perfectly understand, but when u race with them, u choose the most fastest one, so why would you want the others. Sorry, this is just the way I see it, maybe some racers do prefer all, but I can't see the real reason.

Many people buy the car they own (we have a lot of Skylines and variations in Australia) and their favorite, not always the fastest. For example I bought the R33 Skyline GTR N1 even though it isn't the fastest but it's the one I like the most.

Plus there is price differences which do matter early in the game, a used 1999 Skyline GTR or early N1 or V-spec is much cheaper than a 2002 Skyline GTR V-spec II. Just like there will be (should) a fair price difference in the Nissan GTR (R35) compared to the Nissan GTR Spec V (R35).

Why is there a Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni on the list? It was only mentioned by some journalists, that it would be in the actual CES demo. But they obviously mixed it with the Gallardo LP560-4. I haven't seen an LP550 in the Demo and I don't think that there is one. The guys who have been at the CES can surely confirm this.?

Why is there a Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni on the list? It was only mentioned by some journalists, that it would be in the actual CES demo. But they obviously mixed it with the Gallardo LP560-4. I haven't seen an LP550 in the Demo and I don't think that there is one. The guys who have been at the CES can surely confirm this.?

I agree, but it was mentioned by a Auto journalist so it is in green I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back