GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT5 shouldn't allow Bugatti to be in a league of it's own.
I reckon Koenigsegg and SSC Ultimate Aero will feature in GT5. There are no other factory standard cars that can compete with these.
FXX (if in has a dogs chance), as well as S7. Mclaren F1, maybe in slip.

Don't think so, the veyron is actualy not that fast. The R35 GTR is like 13 seconds faster on the ring than the veyron.

No, it's not. Or rather, we don't know that it is. The Veyron has never hot lapped the ring, the only recorded lap was a run when a pre-production prototype was having it's cooling systems tested and that wasn't a hot lap. The Veyron has run the TopGear track and it did beat the GT-R, Pagani Zonda F, Maserati MC12, Ferrari Enzo etc. It was nearly a second and a alf faster than the GT-R. Until the Veyron hot laps the ring the Top Gear lap is one of the few timed laps and even that was supposedly without them pushing car fully since they bumped it in an earlier attempt and damaged one of the skirts.

If god exists, and indeed he's merciful, I don't think Hummer or Lincon will be in, or any of those fatties.

:lol: 👍 big fat slow pokes. Might lap the 'Ring in about an hour or so maybe.

Quote from the Fast and the Furious "You could push it across the finish line.. or tow it"

No, it's not. Or rather, we don't know that it is. The Veyron has never hot lapped the ring, the only recorded lap was a run when a pre-production prototype was having it's cooling systems tested and that wasn't a hot lap. The Veyron has run the TopGear track and it did beat the GT-R, Pagani Zonda F, Maserati MC12, Ferrari Enzo etc. It was nearly a second and a alf faster than the GT-R. Until the Veyron hot laps the ring the Top Gear lap is one of the few timed laps and even that was supposedly without them pushing car fully since they bumped it in an earlier attempt and damaged one of the skirts.

I would have thought so, as the Veyron has almost double the power of the GTR. Take nothing away from the GTR, it is hot, and I can't wait to hear how well the Spec V is gonna perform.

:lol: 👍 big fat slow pokes. Might lap the 'Ring in about an hour or so maybe.

Yes, all those stops for fuel will obviously add a few (dozen) minutes. :sly: :lol:

F1 will eat Veyron for breakfast on any track expect ovals and maybe Monza... and F1 LM will destroy Veyron because it's GTR just with extra power!!!:P

F1 will eat Veyron for breakfast on any track expect ovals and maybe Monza... and F1 LM will destroy Veyron because it's GTR just with extra power!!!:P

And what about a drag race between the two hey....let say 1000m...??
My money will be on the Veyron...👍

Veyron: 1888 kgs GTR : 1760.. The fact the GTR is faster is more due to the fact that Nissan got "ring worm" (refering to what Jeremy Clarkson got when he was at the 'ring) and did a whole heap of laps while the veyron I'd assume did less laps than that cause it was alot less.... disposable and I'd imagine no one had the balls to use 1000 HP at the ring other than at the straight for the fear of something going wrong in a near million pound car...

The GT-R is nearer 280kgs lighter than the Veyron in reality.

My bad, Internet appears to be undecided about the weight of the Veyron (Some sites say 2000kg, some say 1800kg :confused:) and the GT-R (some say 1700kg, and some 1800kg). But anyway, my point is, the Veyron has to be quicker than the GT-R, especially with those long straights the Nordschleife has.

DCP
And what about a drag race between the two hey....let say 1000m...??
My money will be on the Veyron...👍

Of course that Veyron will win drag race we saw that in Top gear duel... I say on classic circuit as spa, silverstone,laguna seca F1 and F1 lm will destroy Veyron because F1 have 1120 kg F1 LM have 1062 kg and Veyron have 1,888 kg...:dopey:

Veyron: 1888 kgs GTR : 1760.. The fact the GTR is faster is more due to the fact that Nissan got "ring worm" (refering to what Jeremy Clarkson got when he was at the 'ring) and did a whole heap of laps while the veyron I'd assume did less laps than that cause it was alot less.... disposable and I'd imagine no one had the balls to use 1000 HP at the ring other than at the straight for the fear of something going wrong in a near million pound car...

The Veyron has a (independently tested) curb weight of 2022kgs. The other is the dry weight with no fluids. A W16 engine uses a lot of fluids.

It's unlikely that we'll ever see a proper fast lap at any circuit in a Veyron. Skoda Bugatti have representatives at every single press test and the journalists are very closely nannied so they don't do anything Bugatti don't want them to do. I'd imagine that Veyron owners are also under strict instructions to not let journalists loose in their cars either.

But anyway, my point is, the Veyron has to be quicker than the GT-R, especially with those long straights the Nordschleife has.

I'd also imagine that the Veyron would be quicker than the GT-R at the ring. But there are too many factors that would stop the outcome ever realistically becoming reality.

They veyron does have a ring time its 7:40. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring_lap_times

That's gotta be fake. The Veyron can be much faster than that, either the track conditions weren't the best or the driver didn't knew the circuit very well. The GT-R just cant be faster than the Veyron, considering the GT-R is just 100kg lighter but 500HP underpowered.

This post wasn't all that long ago...

The Veyron has never hot lapped the ring, the only recorded lap was a run when a pre-production prototype was having it's cooling systems tested and that wasn't a hot lap.

Do you people reckon Mercedes S Class will be in the game? The one recently on top gear with stig behind the wheel.

If it's not on the list then we don't know.

And please people, stop asking questions about every car you see on Top Gear or wherever, just check the list ;)

Really, no doubt the Bugatti will outlap the GTR on the Ring. If it's not gonna happen in real life, it will happen in GT5, and I think the result will be astounding. Surely the Bugatti isn't going to go that much slower on the bends then the GTR, and the GTR won't keep up on the straights, even in slip.

I'm sure this question was asked somewhere in one of the previous thousand posts, but is it really true that EVERY single car that was included in GT4 will also be in GT5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back