GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
While watching the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona race, today, some people might have notice that on the back of one of the driver's suits was a Gran Turismo logo. This might hint at a partnership with PD and Rolex, but, a closer inspection will reveal that the suit he was wearing and Audi logos on it, as well, meaning that suit WASN'T from his Rolex team. I suspect it was either from a DTM team or from the 24 Hours of Nurburgring race, which is sponsored by Gran Turismo. So, while this might hint at a Grand-Am partnership, don't hold your breath.

While watching the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona race, today, some people might have notice that on the back of one of the driver's suits was a Gran Turismo logo. This might hint at a partnership with PD and Rolex, but, a closer inspection will reveal that the suit he was wearing and Audi logos on it, as well, meaning that suit WASN'T from his Rolex team. I suspect it was either from a DTM team or from the 24 Hours of Nurburgring race, which is sponsored by Gran Turismo. So, while this might hint at a Grand-Am partnership, don't hold your breath.

You mean Lucas Luhr? And yes, its from a VLN team using the Audi R8 LMS.

those banners are everywhere :)

NSX is my passion ... but the HSV is f.. awesome !!!

I whole-heartedly agree, the HSV is awesome:

vy_gts_coupe_full.jpg

But has anyone seen that new Honda race car? Sounds like crap, no character to the engine note, just an annoying shriek.

It sounds like a GP2 car (so pretty close to an F1), i also dont like this noise usually, but i found it quite impressive to hear it out of a GT car.

It sounds like a GP2 car (so pretty close to an F1), i also dont like this noise usually, but i found it quite impressive to hear it out of a GT car.
The engine is the same one Honda supplies to many Formula Nippon teams.

I

But has anyone seen that new Honda race car? Sounds like crap, no character to the engine note, just an annoying shriek.

Then you'd most likely hate the Older F1 engines because they sound very identical to this. Also, exactly how is there "no character" in the engine note?

Last edited:
Yeah, lol @ saying that about the HSV GT. It sounds amazing and is definitely somewhat similar to an older F1 car.

Then you'd most likely hate the Older F1 engines because they sound very identical to this. Also, exactly how is there "no character" in the engine note?

You're right, I've never heard an F1 engine that I like. I find it characterless because it's a single monotonous high pitch note.

Yeah, lol @ saying that about the HSV GT. It sounds amazing and is definitely somewhat similar to an older F1 car.

You might like the sound, but I don't, but hey everyone has different opinions on cars, I was just posting that before as a joke since someone called it an "HSV" when HSV is an entire Australian car brand that's been around for just over 20yrs now.

Dude, thats from 2007 and its been confirmed to be fake. It was originally The Vanishing Boy's wishlist that he managed before me and him agreed to seperate the Race cars from the Road cars into individual lists.

Last edited:
Can someone answer the following question: Which magazine (or who) mentioned that the 550-2 Gallardo would (might) be in Gran Turismo 5? I remember seeing it in the GT5 news thread some time ago, but then it was taken down.

I think it was Autoweek, but they made a mistake, they confused it with the 560-4 (which was obvious...).

I don't know how people can mix them up.
Or am I one of few that can see the difference between a GT40 and a GT43.

I feel your pain - the lights, wheels, etc are dead giveaways. They ARE both great cars, but they are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back