GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how people can mix them up.
Or am I one of few that can see the difference between a GT40 and a GT43.

I feel that same way. I often think "Idiot, how the hell can you not tell the difference??!!" everytime I see that happen. I guess though you have to truly be a genuine car guy (or girl) to know the difference as most people not into cars (which I'm pretty sure the authors aren't) make this same mistake.

The same guy that wrote it's a GT40 thinks night racing is making its debut in GT5. He needs to brush up on his knowledge.

I don't know how people can mix them up.
Or am I one of few that can see the difference between a GT40 and a GT43.

It's quite simple, even discounting the shape. The car in the pic is yellow. ALL GT40's are gulf blue and orange. ALL OF THEM! Any other colour you may think you've seen is is just your damn lying eyes :crazy:

It's quite simple, even discounting the shape. The car in the pic is yellow. ALL GT40's are gulf blue and orange. ALL OF THEM! Any other colour you may think you've seen is is just your damn lying eyes :crazy:

250px-Ford_GT40_Mk_IV.jpg

I guess that this isnt a real gt40 then.

Actually, all factory gt40s were red and white. It was only after Ford gave up that PRIVATELY entered gt40s were Gulf racing colored.

Last edited:
Now, now. You can't just accuse people of being a witch. You must approach it scientifically.

*fetches a duck*

Also, because this keeps getting missed and this otherwise throwaway post would be without use,

THIS IS NOT A WISHLIST OF CARS YOU'D LIKE TO SEE IN THE GAME

(I've deleted quite a few "I hope 'n' will be in" posts over the last couple of weeks)

The original Ford GT40s were plain white with black noses:

FF-FordGT40-1964.jpg

Also was seen in the likes of the Ford J prototype:

KenMilesFordJ.jpg

And the Ford X1 prototype:

Ford%20GT40%20P3%202.jpg

The original cars were however referred to as the Ford GT, the GT40 name didn't come until the development of the Mk. I in 1965. Notice the name in this 1964 advertisement. The original name is likely based on the fact that the original GT was an evolution of the design for the 1962 Lola Mk. 6 GT, based on Henry Ford forming a partnership with Lola in the early stages of GT/GT40 development.

64fordgt.jpg

Last edited:
The original Ford GT40s were plain white with black noses:

Makes sense also because white was the American racing colour at the time, nice pictures by the way, reminded me of a French movie called Un Homme et une Femme where they also drove a white race-GT40 on a test track.
Didn't care much for the story but the V8 sound was bone-chilling if i remember it correctly.

The TT is in, it's in the picture. A picture of GT5 after all. Plus it's a SEMA winner from some time ago AFAIK.

look, im new to GTP and I was just wondering how many RACING skylines there will be?(old calsonic,pennzoil etc.)

look, im new to GTP and I was just wondering how many RACING skylines there will be?(old calsonic,pennzoil etc.)

Probably enough to justify a full game on its own ;), but we don't know yet.
The older ones will probably be present and a whole new generation based on the GT-R will make its debut, i'm guessing.

New car for the list:

Nissan
Hasemi GT-R '09

hasemi has no writing on the front. That's the xanavi or motul car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back