GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you played GTPSP? There are literally entire manufacturer catalogs duplicated. (Opel and Vauxhall have literally the same lineup).

What do you expect, they are the same company pretty much.
Or were, not sure what's going on with the Magna deal.

99.9% of cars from GTPSP will be in the game since I remember reading GTPSP models being based on gt5 and not gt4. Also since gtpsp cars are transferable to gt5, you have to imagine they already are coded into the game.

We still don't know if everything is transfarable and I doubt every car is ported from GT5, that would've been kinda stupid from PD, since it has low-res GT4 quality graphics.

We still don't know if everything is transfarable and I doubt every car is ported from GT5, that would've been kinda stupid from PD, since it has low-res GT4 quality graphics.

Each PSP car has a GT5 version, therefore transfer a car from PSP and you get the gt5 version in your garage. I don't see how else it would work.
Why would it be stupid? Either use current gt5 cars but scaled down and optimized for the handheld or use old GT4 cars which they weren't working with at the time. Actually using gt4 cars would've probably cut down on the production time and gt5 would've been out by now.

We don't know that, what seems to be the case with GT PSP models and you only need to look closely at the models to see why this idea is a very possible one, is that the cars in GT PSP that are also in GT4 are simply GT4 models converted and ported into GT PSP. Cars in both games like the Volvo wagon are exactley the same, even the mistakes on the models are the same. That heavilly suggest that they are the same model just converted from one game to another. The new cars in GT PSP that wern't in GT4 though look like they are a higher standard compared to the GT4 cars, the look better in the game. And it's thought that thoes are converted from GT5 models and ported.

This exlpains many things, like the contrast in quality of the models from the cars that were in GT4 to thoes that wern't and also that the details on the cars that were in GT4 are exactley the same even down to the mistakes some of the models have.

It's gran turismo, of course there will be duplicates.

Have you played GTPSP? There are literally entire manufacturer catalogs duplicated. (Opel and Vauxhall have literally the same lineup).

The problem with GTPSP is, a lot of the duplicates were simply cars renamed for different regions. Hyundai Coupe comes to mind... There are many many more where that came from. In past GT games each regions release has been edited to suit the names used in the region. (Why the UK still got Opel in GT4 is beyond me, they're sister companies and the models are identical)

Not all the cars from GT4 were in GTPSP.

I very much doubt that every single car and variant from GTPSP will be in GT5. But we probably will see the majority.

I very much doubt that every single car and variant from GTPSP will be in GT5. But we probably will see the majority.

However there has been rumours of there being a GTPSP to GT5 connectivity, and with that you can download your GTPSP garage onto your GT5 when it comes out.

I have a magazine saying this and a bit more, but I will need to check through everything (as I am not sure), hopefully I can do a full translation of the article from French if people want me to, as it is short (and I can understand the whole article perfectly). The article sums up what we know already, but I have seen stuff that no-one mentioned before.

I will be able to access the magazine when I get home tomorrow

So is it alright if I did a new thread on this alone? or should I just make one REALLY big post?

We don't know that, what seems to be the case with GT PSP models and you only need to look closely at the models to see why this idea is a very possible one, is that the cars in GT PSP that are also in GT4 are simply GT4 models converted and ported into GT PSP. Cars in both games like the Volvo wagon are exactley the same, even the mistakes on the models are the same. That heavilly suggest that they are the same model just converted from one game to another. The new cars in GT PSP that wern't in GT4 though look like they are a higher standard compared to the GT4 cars, the look better in the game. And it's thought that thoes are converted from GT5 models and ported.

This exlpains many things, like the contrast in quality of the models from the cars that were in GT4 to thoes that wern't and also that the details on the cars that were in GT4 are exactley the same even down to the mistakes some of the models have.

Exactly, thank you for writing this down again, it's getting kinda annoying how often you need to repeat something here.

What do you expect, they are the same company pretty much.
Or were, not sure what's going on with the Magna deal.

(Why the UK still got Opel in GT4 is beyond me, they're sister companies and the models are identical)

Dave, the Magna deal is off as GM decided a couple of months back to keep Opel/Vauxhall as their main European base, wise decision if you asked me.

Seismica, the situation is the same in the rest of Europe where we also get Vauxhall despite everyone here probably only knows Opel, the only difference in GT5 might be in cockpit view, Vauxhall RHD and Opel LHD.;)

I completely agree, I heard GTPSP was just GT4 with more cars, and no Career mode. You are almost certainly right.

I got quite excited when Yamauchi started reading a HSV catalogue in the playstation Australia magazine but i suspect there will only be like 5 Aus cars in GT5 like GT4.

Not sure if this is going to confirm anything as far as cars, but Yamauchi has been driving the IS-F race car at the nurburgring and will participate in the 24 hours of the 'ring in may. Wonder if he'll include the race car in which he's driving in GT5? Also of note, is that the IS-F is of team Gazoo racing. Which also runs the Lexus LFA race car. Maybe he can get BOTH of those cars in the game, maybe a LFA Nur Race Edition, and IS-F Nur Race Edition!? That'd be sweet, not to mention that the VLN series is sponsored by Gran Turismo!

I got quite excited when Yamauchi started reading a HSV catalogue in the playstation Australia magazine but i suspect there will only be like 5 Aus cars in GT5 like GT4.

Can't judge something you haven't seen. Have some fate mate, there could be more then you expected ;)

but i suspect there will only be like 5 Aus cars in GT5 like GT4.[/B]

I spoke about this today in the general discussions thread.

Australia and Sweden can be better represented in GT5. Because in GT4, it's almost comical. In a sad way. Two Swedish cars exist in GT4. Two! I expect GT5 to include Koenigsegg and not for the mere fact that they're fast. But rather because they are Swedish and deserve to be recognized in a game such as GT5.

Same goes for AU. I expect a better representation.

Oh and let's not forget Italy. Pre-GT5, Italy had been sorely represented. Things have obviously changed this time around, though.

Last edited:
I spoke about this today in the general discussions thread.

Australia and Sweden can be better represented in GT5. Because in GT4, it's almost comical. In a sad way. Two Swedish cars exist in GT4. Two! I expect GT5 to include Koenigsegg and not for the mere fact that they're fast. But rather because they are Swedish and deserve to be recognized in a game such as GT5.

Same goes for AU. I expect a better representation.

Oh and let's not forget Italy. Pre-GT5, Italy had been sorely represented. Things have obviously changed this time around, though.

Overall i would be willing to sacrifice some of the 50 or so skylines and GTR's that are bound to be in the game (speculation) and replace them with Koenigsegg's and HSV's.

Overall i would be willing to sacrifice some of the 50 or so skylines and GTR's that are bound to be in the game (speculation) and replace them with Koenigsegg's and HSV's.

Since everyone knows there are no Koenigseggs and HSVs because of all the Skylines?

No, of course not. I'd not be willing to sacrifice some of the "50 or so" Skylines for the absolutely nothing with which they'd be replaced.

Since everyone knows there are no Koenigseggs and HSVs because of all the Skylines?

No, of course not. I'd not be willing to sacrifice some of the "50 or so" Skylines for the absolutely nothing with which they'd be replaced.

First of all, what i said was an opinion, and can be easily misinterpereted the wrong way. What i meant was that GT5 should have more cars from countries that are not represented well in the previous games in the series, and even if they had to get rid of a few cars that are in an abundance, it would be better for the game. It doesn't sound like that when i sad it but maybe it was because my relative was getting angry at my DFGT and was starting to hit it so i was in a bad mood. It just always seems like there are a gazillion skylines in GT games so variety would be for the better.

First of all, what i said was an opinion, and can be easily misinterpereted the wrong way. What i meant was that GT5 should have more cars from countries that are not represented well in the previous games in the series, and even if they had to get rid of a few cars that are in an abundance, it would be better for the game.

I know. That's exactly what you said.

But that's based on the assumption that the only reason these extra cars you'd like to have in the game aren't already present is because of the "few cars that are in an abundance" (sic).

This is quite a popularly-held misconception - that there's loads of Skylines, or Evos, or slow cars, or whatever people don't like, taking the place of some other worthy cars they'd include. This isn't the reason Koenigsegg and HSV aren't in GT4. The reason they're not in is because either PD didn't know about the car, didn't get the licence for the car, didn't get an example of the car to model, didn't have the time to finish the in-game model or just didn't care about it.

Adding a car to the list doesn't require removing one first. All that removing one achieves is one less car to drive.

It just always seems like there are a gazillion skylines in
GT games so variety would be for the better.

Over 90% of the cars in GT4 - that's 650+ cars - are not Skylines. That is, there's more non-Skylines in GT4 than there are total cars in any car game in history (and that game would be GT2).

650+ non-Skylines not enough variety for you?

Being Japanese, KY is obviously going to have a bias toward Japanese cars. That's human nature, and I cannot really blame him. Then again, I can. And I will (or at least his lack of manufacturer licenses).

I keep referring to this notion of properly and fairly representing a nation or region. And to be blunt, 50 Skyline models is a lot. Now, if 25 of those models can be replaced by cars from different areas of the world, the game would be broadened.

And yes: Koenigsegg, Gumpert, Maserati, etc, etc should be represented in GT5 before 25 Skyline models. This is common sense. This is fair. This is representing a country and region properly.

In conclusion, there's absolutely no harm of fault in saying that 50 Skyline is too much. When you take a global perspective on the matter, you'll see more clearly and realize there are other models waiting to shine. And that's what GT5 can offer. It's what I hope it offers.

Last edited:
I keep referring to this notion of properly and fairly representing a nation or region. And to be blunt, 50 Skyline models is a lot. Now, if 25 of those models can be replaced by cars from different areas of the world, the game would be broadened.

And if they can't, because "there's 25 Skylines" isn't the reason these other cars aren't in the game (as is the case), then the game would be diminished by having 25 fewer cars for no good reason.

It's not a choice of 25 Skylines or 25 other models.

And yes: Koenigsegg, Gumpert, Maserati, etc, etc should be represented in GT5 before 25 Skyline models. This is common sense. This is fair. This is representing a country and region properly.

In conclusion, there's absolutely no harm of fault in saying that 50 Skyline is too much. When you take a global perspective on the matter, you'll see more clearly and realize there are other models waiting to shine.

Huh?

I'm not saying other models shouldn't be included. I'm saying the notion that some Skylines are taking up space other models could use is a fallacious one - if the other models could be included in the game, they would be. It's not the Skylines' fault. And I'd rather drive 25 Skylines than nothing.

I keep referring to this notion of properly and fairly representing a nation or region. And to be blunt, 50 Skyline models is a lot. Now, if 30 of those models can be replaced by cars from different areas of the world, the game would be broadened.
Well, they can't. Disk space is not an issue, there's plenty of it. Time is not an issue, PD take as long as they need to and they can always employ/borrow more people if needed. Contracts and/or a desire to include the said cars is the issue. If PD include 10 variation of the R34 Skyline, that's not because they had a choice of 10 versions of that car or 9 versions of it and a Gumpert Apollo and chose 10 R34's instead. It's because they were allowed, legally, to include thoes 10 Skylines and wern't allowed to use the Apollo because they either didn't know/want the car or becuase an agreement couldn't be reached between PD and Gumpert for any of thousands of reasons.

And yes: Koenigsegg, Gumpert, Maserati, etc, etc should be represented in GT5 before 30 Skyline models. This is common sense. This is fair. This is representing a country and region properly.
It would be great to have thoes cars, but if we have them it won't be or shouldn't be at the expense of the model variations we currently have. Really what we should be saying instead of get rid of thoes variations, is why not have more variations of other non-Japanese cars as well. The variations we get don't replace anything, they don't need to nor does work load, disk space and/or time require them to.

Ok people, the "50 skylines" excuse is getting really old. It repeatidly shows how little you guys know about contractual agreements and availability that is involved with trying to get cars in the game.

And if they can't, because "there's 25 Skylines" isn't the reason these other cars aren't in the game (as is the case), then the game would be diminished by having 25 fewer cars for no good reason.

Huh?

I'm not saying other models shouldn't be included. I'm saying the notion that some Skylines are taking up space other models could use is a fallacious one - if the other models could be included in the game, they would be. It's not the Skylines' fault. And I'd rather drive 25 Skylines than nothing.

I believe KY is a wordly man. I think he understands the notion to which I refer. And I won't repeat it again. A game should not sacrifice a host of different ca models from different countries because it can cater to one country and one model.

The fact that you'd want to drive 25 Skylines over 25 other models renders this argument almost useless. I love discussion but this can't last long. If you like Japanese cars more, so be it. That's opinion. But that's a very narrow approach to a game that caters to MANY regions. And the fans that follow GT games. And this is why I do trust in KY to represent cars of all regions, and not just his own favorites.

I believe KY is a wordly man. I think he understand the notion to which I refer. And I won't repeat it again. A game should not sacrifice a host of different ca models from different countries because it can cater to one country and one model.

The fact that you'd want to drive 25 Skylines over 25 other models renders this argument almost useless. I love discussion but this can't last long. If you like Japanese cars more, so be it. That's opinion. But that's a very narrow approach to a game that caters to MANY regions. And the fans that follow GT games. And this is why I do trust in KY to represent cars of all regions, and not just his own favorites.

You're not paying attention here. If you were, you wouldn't have pulled "you'd want to drive 25 Skylines over 25 other models" out of what I actually said - which was nothing like that at all. Look, read:

Famine

I'm saying the notion that some Skylines are taking up space other models could use is a fallacious one - if the other models could be included in the game, they would be.

And I'd rather drive 25 Skylines than nothing.

You've fallen into the trap of believing the fallacy that 25 Skylines (or whatever number you want of whatever car you like) have been chosen over some other cars. This is not the case.

I believe KY is a wordly man. I think he understands the notion to which I refer. And I won't repeat it again. A game should not sacrifice a host of different ca models from different countries because it can cater to one country and one model.

Have you read a word that's been said. Famine did not say he would "want to drive 25 Skylines over 25 other models", and for the record nor did I in case you thought so. Please re-read what he said and re-asses your response. Famine said he'd "rather drive 25 Skylines than nothing". "Nothing" does not equal "25 other models" so I don't know were you got that from.

Having a variation of a Skyline model will NOT prevent a Koenigsegg, Gumpert or any other car that doesn't make it from making it. If thoes car's arn't there it's not because PD chose to include a variation of a Skyine instead. It's because PD didn't license them for whatever reason of many. If PD could license them then you;d get that Skyline variation AND the Koenigsegg, Gumpert or whatever else.

Last edited:
50 Skylines take up space. If space can be added, add to it. Add other models like a CCX, MC12, etc etc. I understand that.

50 Skylines takes up space. Therefore, that space can be removed. From there cars can be added as well like a CCX.

It's a two way street. If there is space to add after the 50 Skylines, do so. They should add to the game if they wish. If 50 Skylines cap the game, remove. Remove and replace with different models.

50 Skylines take up space. If space can be added, add to it. Add other models like a CCX, MC12, etc etc. I understand that.

50 Skylines takes up space. Therefore, that space can be removed. From there cars can be added as well like a CCX.

It's a two way street. If there is space to add after the 50 Skylines, do so. They should add to the game if they wish. If 50 Skylines cap the game, remove. Remove and replace.
They don't cap the game. Space is not an issue, there's tonnes of it on a single disk as well as the capacity to have additional data stored on a second disk and saved on the HDD not that I expect that to be needed. And if for some reason space did become a problem, there's plenty to do to optimise it and free up more space than to start deleting cars from the game. Space and time are not an issue. Having one car is not a substiture for having another. If PD could include both they will include both.

Space = Not an issue.
Time = Not an issue.
PD forming a contractual agreement with the manufacturer for the said car/s = An issue.

Cars can only be added if they can be added. If they can't be, what would taking off a Skyline achieve? Oh yes, it'd reduce the number of cars in the game by one.

It's a two way street. If there is space to add after the 50 Skylines, do so. They should add to the game if they wish. If 50 Skylines cap the game, remove. Remove and replace with different models.

The GT4 disc was not full. Why was [insert car name here] not included? Because PD either didn't want to, didn't know about it or couldn't. The Skylines have nothing to do with any other car not being present in GT4.

Don't you get it? There IS enough space, no "if".
Also, one thing Famine and Dave forgot, it doesn't take a lot of time to model some variations of the same car, for example the M.N.P. special edition, it's just a color. Modeling variations like that might take a couple of hours instead of days for a completely different car.

EDIT: Too slow. :lol:

They don't cap the game. Space is not an issue, there's tonnes of it and if for some reason space did become a reason, there's plenty to do to optimise it and free up more space than to start deleting cars from the game. Space and time are not an issue.

After about 5 posts in 30 minutes, I hope you realize what I've been saying. What I've been getting at. You do realize it, yes? I care not to argue about how a game works and how developers remove or add space. I can't even begin to speak for it. But I did speak about what I do believe in. Having cars added to certain regions for their benefit and the world's benefit.

If you took that from any of my post, I salute you. And whatever KY and PD do is what they will do. 50 Skylines or not, as long as some select areas get their respective car models without them being sacrificed. 👍

Oh yea, there is no such thing as sacrifice with PD.

Dude... everyone wants more cars and more variety. Even those who never experienced all the cars and variety in GT4. It's a no-brainer. No-one but the terminally dense would argue against it.

But it's not the fault of any Skyline in GT4 that another car wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back