GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude... everyone wants more cars and more variety. Even those who never experienced all the cars and variety in GT4. It's a no-brainer. No-one but the terminally dense would argue against it.

But it's not the fault of any Skyline in GT4 that another car wasn't there.

Then I can sleep happily now. :)

But at the end of the day, you and I are mere fans, so can we ever know what happens in PD's studios?

Can we ever know why in GT4 there were so many Skylines and so few Ferrari or Lamborghini models? (I know, there were 0). Was it mere preference on KY's behalf? Or was it simply because they could not obtain their licenses? But again, this is irrelevant since we will never know. Ever. And with that, I give this discussion a rest. Twas' fun!

All the meaningless speculation, opinions, hair splitting, discussions and, yes, arguments for the past several weeks, further emphasize the horrible PR job Sony, PD and especially Kaz's vague and contradicting statements have done (I'm out of breath).

What little we have heard this past year-plus could be summarized in 2 extremely vague and contradicting pages. At the end of which there would be a short, yet significant, list of lies. Even the biggest fanboys and hardcore optimists must admit this situation is, and has been ridiculous.

All the meaningless speculation, opinions, hair splitting, discussions and, yes, arguments for the past several weeks, further emphasize the horrible PR job Sony, PD and especially Kaz's vague and contradicting statements have done (I'm out of breath).

What little we have heard this past year-plus could be summarized in 2 extremely vague and contradicting pages. At the end of which there would be a short, yet significant, list of lies. Even the biggest fanboys and hardcore optimists must admit this situation is, and has been ridiculous.

+257:tup:

I love these recent, bold, and aggressive posts. They're so true. It's definitely been rough. It's been quiet, too. Too quiet. But I don't necessarily want to dwell on it.

Can we ever know why in GT4 there were so many Skylines and so few Ferrari or Lamborghini models?

Famine
The reason they're not in is because either PD didn't know about the car, didn't get the licence for the car, didn't get an example of the car to model, didn't have the time to finish the in-game model or just didn't care about it.

And it's still not the fault of a Skyline. Take that Skyline out and there isn't a space for something else - there's just a space and GT4 has 727/720 cars instead of 728/721.

I actually worked it out prior to that post (in a Forza thread).

GT1 - 16/163 (9.82%)
GT2 - 38/597 (6.37%)
GT3 - 14/189 (7.41%)
GTC - 10/105 (9.52%)
GT4P - 4/63 (6.35%)
GT4 - 54/729 (7.41%)
GT5P - 7/74 (9.46%)

(that's Skylines/Total cars, and the percentage thereafter).

That's not a huge percentage really. People complain about there being so many Skylines in it and that's fine, I haven't got a problem with that because not everyone has to like Skylines. I'm not saying the more the merrier but think about it, it is one of the most popular cars on the planet and the GTRs are a really sought after machine especially the R34 so it gives you a chance to learn the car and for those who like them to enjoy the car. But I do think they are wasting their time including the non-turbo models as in my opinion they are a bit rubbish and a waste of time and money.

That's not a huge percentage really.

You have to be kidding me? To say Gran Turismo is the king of numbers when it comes to driving games I would say getting close to the 10% market is pretty awful. You can look at it by saying "of the total cars, each GT has had less than 10% of skylines" but that really doesn't do anything for me. I'm all up for lots of cars but looking at it in terms of percentage of total cars is quite shocking. I guess all I can say is, I hope there are less than 60 skylines in GT5.

That's counting everything that could be counted as "a Skyline" by an idiot, even though it isn't, like the R35. And that's right through from the earliest 50s models through to SuperGT cars. Bear in mind that the basic version of FM3 had a very similar percentage of Porsche 911s in it to the Skylines in GT4.

However, let's look at the flipside of the coin. 92.59% of cars in GT4 aren't Skylines. That's 675 cars that aren't Skylines - more cars than were in the game with the second largest car roster in history (GT2).

The number of Skylines might not affect the addition of other cars, but do you believe they will be as numerous as in other titles? I'd like to think no, as there are many new cars appearing. And it's not that I hate Skylines. I don't at all. But if PD can put in 50 variations of the same model, then I expect there to be many Lamborghini models, Ferrari models, etc, etc.

50 is a lot. 50 models can cater to Ferrari and Lamborghini alone with their histories. Should be nice to see and (perhaps along with the 50 Skyline models).

But if PD can put in 50 variations of the same model, then I expect there to be many Lamborghini models, Ferrari models, etc, etc.

Why?

50 is a lot. 50 models can cater to Ferrari and Lamborghini alone with their histories.

Yes it could. Providing the models in question manage to fulfil every single criteria:

PD have heard of it.
PD want it in the game.
PD acquire a licence to put it in the game.
PD acquire an example of the car to model.
PD finish modelling the car before the game is finalised for duplication.

Any car that has never appeared in a GT game has fallen foul of one or more of these criteria. In the case of GT5P, space would also have been an issue as there was a downloadable version of the game - but this issue hasn't arisen in any solely disc-based GT game.

Because they're two new and popular manufacturers making their debut in a full-numbered GT title. Seems fair. Seems reasonable. Seems exciting. Is exciting.

Yes it could. Providing the models in question manage to fulfil every single criteria:

PD have heard of it.
PD want it in the game.
PD acquire a licence to put it in the game.
PD acquire an example of the car to model.
PD finish modelling the car before the game is finalised for duplication.

Any car that has never appeared in a GT game has fallen foul of one or more of these criteria. In the case of GT5P, space would also have been an issue as there was a downloadable version of the game - but this issue hasn't arisen in any solely disc-based GT game.

Cool.

Because they're two new popular manufacturers making their debut in a full-numbered GT title. Seems fair. Seems reasonable. Seems exciting. Is exciting.

The experience of anticipating every GT release since I played the first one has taught me - and the experience of browsing this forum for the last 18 months ought to have taught everybody - that expectation is the first step on the path to madness and disappointment.

I expect GT5 to be out. Anything it has in it will thus be a pleasant surprise and anything it's "missing" will not be a disappointment.

Don't go expecting 50 Ferraris and Lamborghinis - the chance you'll be disappointed with the final product is much higher than the chance you'll be pleasantly surprised with it.

But if PD can put in 50 variations of the same model, then I expect there to be many Lamborghini models, Ferrari models, etc, etc.

Skylines have accumulated over GT's life. To expect 50 variations from 2 manufacturers making their debut in a full GT game is asking for a bit too much imo. I mean, all I expect is for GT to be released (har har).

Although saying that, there were more Ferrari's included in GT5P than I expected. I don't know why, I just thought there would be less.

Edit: sort of tree'd by Famine. :P

The experience of anticipating every GT release since I played the first one has taught me - and the experience of browsing this forum for the last 18 months ought to have taught everybody - that expectation is the first step on the path to madness and disappointment.

I expect GT5 to be out. Anything it has in it will thus be a pleasant surprise and anything it's "missing" will not be a disappointment.

Don't go expecting 50 Ferraris and Lamborghinis - the chance you'll be disappointed with the final product is much higher than the chance you'll be pleasantly surprised with it.

I usually disagree with you all too frequently, but here, you have a point. And you've made it clear. A few months back, I was so hyped for this game. In my head, I kept replaying all the possibilities and started to believe them to be real. I continued creating this ideal GT5, where everything I hoped, expected, wanted to see, etc, would be there when I picked up a copy. But that's very dangerous.

But if we're talking about Ferrari and Lamborghini here, then I would still, regardless of fearing I may be wrong, say that we'll see at least 10 more Ferrari models. I think that's fair, though it may not be true. As for Lamborghini, I'd have to assume at least 10 different models. That's not being hopeful, that's being reasonable.

Now we just wait and watch.

You've fallen into the trap of believing the fallacy that 25 Skylines have been chosen over some other cars. This is not the case.

Thats fact is it? Do you have a source? Or is it reasonable for someone else with an opinion to prefer PD to have spent more time aquiring licenses, than modelling a particular car in several variations?

Personally, I'm always more than happy to have my choice between many different spec's of the same car, although if I'm honest, I'd rather have the choice of more cars and less spec's.

Thats fact is it?

Yes. There are, as I already detailed, six reasons why a car is not in a given GT game:

PD haven't heard of it.
PD don't want it in the game.
PD didn't acquire a licence to put it in the game.
PD didn't acquire an example of the car to model.
PD didn't finish modelling the car before the game was finalised for duplication.
They ran out of space.

Now, the GT1 disc wasn't full. The GT2 disc wasn't full. The GT3 disc wasn't full. The GTC discs weren't full. The GT4 disc wasn't full. The GT5P disc wasn't full but the GT5P download had to be kept to size constraints.

So in all but the case of GT5P, the last reason is non-existant. So the "25 Skylines" aren't taking space up that can be used for other cars. Which means that "the other cars" are missing for one of the five other reasons.

Or is it reasonable for someone else with an opinion to prefer PD to have spent more time aquiring licenses, than modelling a particular car in several variations?

Wait... what?

At no point have I said I'd rather have 25 Skylines than 25 other cars. I've only ever said I'd rather have 25 Skylines than nothing. Since the Skylines aren't taking space that could be used by other cars - because there's always been space left - the only alternative is nothing.

I don't know why people keep falling for this stupid notion that the Skylines are taking up space other cars could be put into. It's simply not true.

I expect GT5 to be out.
Now who's kidding themselves.:sly:

Yes. There are, as I already detailed, six reasons why a car is not in a given GT game:

PD haven't heard of it.
PD didn't finish modelling the car before the game was finalised for duplication.
They ran out of space.

Someone mentioned this before but another one may be the stipulations that license agreements had. Being japanese, I'm pretty sure they wanted every skyline they could get their hands on, in the game. However, it could also be that nissan or whichever manufacturer, said " If you want this car, you'll have to also put this one and this one and this one etc in the game as well." I could see that becoming a problem when a manufacturer has maybe one desirable car that PD wants in the game, but they required PD to include 10 others that most won't give a rats poopchute about.

Last edited:
Thats fact is it? Do you have a source? Or is it reasonable for someone else with an opinion to prefer PD to have spent more time aquiring licenses, than modelling a particular car in several variations?

Personally, I'm always more than happy to have my choice between many different spec's of the same car, although if I'm honest, I'd rather have the choice of more cars and less spec's.

PD haven't heard of it.
They ran out of space.

Now, the GT1 disc wasn't full. The GT2 disc wasn't full. The GT3 disc wasn't full. The GTC discs weren't full. The GT4 disc wasn't full. The GT5P disc wasn't full but the GT5P download had to be kept to size constraints.

So in all but the case of GT5P, the last reason is non-existant. So the "25 Skylines" aren't taking space up that can be used for other cars. Which means that "the other cars" are missing for one of the five other reasons.

Wait... what?

At no point have I said I'd rather have 25 Skylines than 25 other cars. I've only ever said I'd rather have 25 Skylines than nothing. Since the Skylines aren't taking space that could be used by other cars - because there's always been space left - the only alternative is nothing.

I don't know why people keep falling for this stupid notion that the Skylines are taking up space other cars could be put into. It's simply not true.

I can actually understand what Captain Roh is saying here. Disc space aside, what about the time PD spends modeling the cars? OK if there is a simple transfer from GT4 in the Skyline-case, but what if they model them all in GT5 detail from scratch? All I´m saying is that (IIRC) in GT4 1/7 of all cars was a Skyline model, and I simply wish for that number to be smaller, and that wish should not be folly.

Disc space aside, what about the time PD spends modeling the cars?

That's reason #5. It comes quite far down the car to game chain.

All I´m saying is that (IIRC) in GT4 1/7 of all cars was a Skyline model

7.41% - less than 1 in 13. The number's just up there.

and I simply wish for that number to be smaller, and that wish should not be folly.

Why? Feel free not to drive them, but why take cars off people to leave nothing?

Fewer cars, whatever they are, means less choice. Since the Skylines aren't doing any harm to the car list by being there, why reduce choice?

Fewer cars, whatever they are, means less choice. Since the Skylines aren't doing any harm to the car list by being there, why reduce choice?

Why waste time modeling cars that are similar? With said time, I'd like some variety put to use :)

Nothing> 50 similar Skylines

Variety>All

In my holy opinion, of course!:sly:

Why waste time modeling cars that are similar?

What time is wasted? It's the same physical model!

With said time, I'd like some variety put to use :)

Without knowledge of the car, desire to put it in, licence for it and access to one, there is no variety.

Nothing> 50 similar Skylines.

Absolutely not.

I've driven every car in GT4. Have you? If not, why not? Why do you want to take cars off me and others and limit our fun?

I brought GT4 again the other day... and stop this bitchin about skylines, my inbox is getting flooded with e-mails.

So i brought GT4 again beause... i had always played in chase cam since GT, but in GT4 the camera seemed to change, there wasn't any swing on it which made the car seem static and the track mover around the car, i havn't heared many people complain about this, even my friends didn't say anything, but it made it crap. I would like to know if anyone else noticed.
Since GT5P and the cockpit view, i thort **** it why not, try it again in bumper cam, it'll ease the wait for Sony to pull its finger out its arse and give us a date.

So yeah, any chase cam people here hopeing this gets resolved for GT5?

For people who don't knwo what i'm talking about play GT4P and GT4 or GT5P in chase and you will see.

What time is wasted? It's the same physical model!

What time? Other models' time.

Without knowledge of the car, desire to put it in, licence for it and access to one, there is no variety.

Variety reigns supreme. 50 Skylines of similar status ruin this. Let's try 25. Let's try half!

I've driven every car in GT4. Have you? If not, why not? Why do you want to take cars off me and others and limit our fun?

Close to all. Very close. But this is besides the point. It's no competition. :yuck:

I brought GT4 again the other day... and stop this bitchin about skylines, my inbox is getting flooded with e-mails.

It's called "discussion", not "bitchin".

So i brought GT4 again beause... i had always played in chase cam since GT, but in GT4 the camera seemed to change, there wasn't any swing on it which made the car seem static and the track mover around the car, i havn't heared many people complain about this, even my friends didn't say anything, but it made it crap. I would like to know if anyone else noticed.
Since GT5P and the cockpit view, i thort **** it why not, try it again in bumper cam, it'll ease the wait for Sony to pull its finger out its arse and give us a date.

So yeah, any chase cam people here hopeing this gets resolved for GT5?

For people who don't knwo what i'm talking about play GT4P and GT4 or GT5P in chase and you will see.

And this is nothing to do with the car contents of GT5. Take it to the appropriate thread.

What time? Other models' time.

What other models?

It doesn't waste any time at all to duplicate an existing car model. That's the point. Since everyone points out all the Skylines are the same (never mind that they aren't), no time was wasted.

Variety reigns supreme. 50 Skylines of similar status ruin this. Let's try 25. Let's try half!

No it doesn't. There are 675 non-Skylines in GT4. Not enough variety for you?

Close to all. Very close. But this is besides the point.

Not really. You're complaining about all these Skylines "ruining" the variety, yet you haven't experienced all the variety in GT4 yourself! There's clearly enough variety to last well over 5 years for you - until two days ago, you thought there was only one Swedish car in the game!

Last edited:
No it doesn't. There are 675 non-Skylines in GT4. Not enough variety for you?

Indeed. If the number of skylines was halved, there would still be 675 non-skylines in the game.

If there was only one skyline in the game to represent each generation (R32, R33 etc.) then there would still be 675 non-skylines in the game.

If there were no skylines at all, there would still be 675 non-skylines in the game.

But aside from that, not all skylines are identical duplicates of their counterparts. Infact, only the Midnight Purple or other special colour variants are exact copies of other models, and as I said before there are only 3 or 4 of those. Plus, that number of skylines include several Infiniti models, which are listed as 'Skyline Coupes' in the PAL version, which I would assume is where Famine is getting his figures from. So technically not all of the skylines are actual skylines, so the number is even lower. Oh not to mention the fact that the R35 is not a skyline, and nor is the prototype version. The SuperGT cars too, they're silhouette race cars, as in they share virtually no components with their road counterparts, so can you even count them as skylines?

More skylines = More variation

SrRd Racing just isn't getting the point.

EDIT: After re-reading and editing my post, I now know why I only got a C grade at GCSE English Language :dopey:

Last edited:
Right,there are 6 ferrari`s in prolouge , now put in the enzo , 458 , 430 scud , and maybe the 612 , thats already 10 ferrari`s and who knows they might throw in some other older model`s like the 360 , 250 , 355 and the 365 like forza did . As for lambo`s the lp560 is the only one confirmed but the reventon , lp640 , lp670 and the new lp570 superleggera . Astons ,db9 is in gt5p but the dbs , v8 , v12 will most likely be in but nothing apart from the db9 is confirmed . Porsche`s nothing is confirmed at the moment . Corvettes are confirmed zo6 is in prolouge and the c6 and zr1 will most likely be in to. Mclaren ,the f1 and the slr are confirmed but the mp4-12c is not confirmed . Bugatti , the veyron is confirmed . So i think all the major supercar makers are in apart from porsche .

Plus, that number of skylines include several Infiniti models, which are listed as 'Skyline Coupes' in the PAL version, which I would assume is where Famine is getting his figures from.

I'm counting everything that can possibly be classed as a Skyline, even if they aren't (so those Infinitis appear on the PAL and JPN releases as Skylines and are included, yes) - essentially if it has "Skyline" or "GT-R" anywhere in the name, I include it. Since, after all, if you're going to run with a misconception, you may as well maximise it.

Your assessment is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back