GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they weren't. The skyline is really no different than many other car models. It ranges from the bottom of the range, small displacement, rwd car to a top of the range, 4wd "supercar". But it's the same base car that becomes those upper range models. So yet, it is like a golf, where you have the diesel and the 1.4l at one end, and you have the GTI and r20/r32 at the other.
All share the same body be it 2rd or 4dr, during generations. The r32 had 7 different models/trims available, r33 had 7 models, and the r34 had 15 model/trim variations. All same car model with a wide range of trim and performance packages.

Totally agree, but this is not what I was referring to, I meant totally different cars as in different generations.
Although they might share some common components ( the inline 6 in various development stages for instance ) the first Skyline does look totally seperate from the final incarnations apart maybe from being somewhat the same in concept.
I used the example of Golf versus Corolla to illustrate this point, both being direct competitors but whereas the last Golf is clearly evolved from the first Golf ( same concept, updated evolved styling over 6 generations and grown in size ) the Corolla has always been different ( although basically the same concept, there is no apparant visual link between several generations ) as it was constantly redesigned from scratch.
The Skyline perhaps falls somewhere between these approaches, but still differs enough between generations to say they are different cars sharing only a name.:)

So if for example PD included 50 Ford Mustangs in the game I'm more than 100% sure all the people who dislike Mustangs or think Mustangs are boring would complain that 10% of the car list is made up of Mustangs. Same principle if it were Holden Commodores or Ford Falcons or something. You'd all be saying "wow how come there's so many of such-n-such a car!?".

Basically there is that many Skylines in the game and if you're a person who doesn't like that particular car then don't use that car in the game. Drive something else instead. Perhaps some people would be more satisfied with 1000 different version of the Daihatsu Midget instead. How would that make you all feel?

Given the choice of either 50 odd Skylines or 1,000 Daihatsu Midgets.. I'd choose the Skylines.

So if for example PD included 50 Ford Mustangs in the game I'm more than 100% sure all the people who dislike Mustangs or think Mustangs are boring would complain that 10% of the car list is made up of Mustangs. Same principle if it were Holden Commodores or Ford Falcons or something. You'd all be saying "wow how come there's so many of such-n-such a car!?".

Basically there is that many Skylines in the game and if you're a person who doesn't like that particular car then don't use that car in the game. Drive something else instead. Perhaps some people would be more satisfied with 1000 different version of the Daihatsu Midget instead. How would that make you all feel?

Given the choice of either 50 odd Skylines or 1,000 Daihatsu Midgets.. I'd choose the Skylines.

Why could it be more than two cars of every generation of a model per brand at all? The best version of a generation per model would fill the bill...

Why can't I tell it on english like I think in swedish haha

Why could it be more than two cars of every generation of a model per brand at all? The best version of a generation per model would fill the bill...
To put it in purely selfish terms: I drive a 2.5l MkV Golf, not an R32. Yep, the R32 is fun, but I want to drive my car in the game, not the version I couldn't afford.

Then there is also the fact that not everyone wants to have sports models of every car. With all the criteria people use to judge cars the "best version" of any car isn't necessarily the same for every person.

Because PD COULD do more than that with the Skyline. Why wouldn't they jump at the chance?

Read the last couple of pages.

To put it in purely selfish terms: I drive a 2.5l MkV Golf, not an R32. Yep, the R32 is fun, but I want to drive my car in the game, not the version I couldn't afford.

Then there is also the fact that not everyone wants to have sports models of every car. With all the criteria people use to judge cars the "best version" of any car isn't necessarily the same for every person.

In a racing-oriented game like this though, it'd be pretty foolish to suppose that people wanted the more "mundane" models over the more performance-oriented ones.

Would it? Why? Personaly I want variety, I don't want every model to be high performance and i don't want every model to be mundane. I want the variety that GT games offer.

It would be foolish to suppose the majority of people that play Gran Turismo want the the car selection policy to change in any dramatic way taking the series popularity as it stands into account.

In a racing-oriented game like this though, it'd be pretty foolish to suppose that people wanted the more "mundane" models over the more performance-oriented ones.

It seems like you forgot that this is Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo is about all kinds of cars.

Would it? Why? Personaly I want variety, I don't want every model to be high performance and i don't want every model to be mundane. I want the variety that GT games offer.

It would be foolish to suppose the majority of people that play Gran Turismo want the the car selection policy to change in any dramatic way taking the series popularity as it stands into account.

It seems like you forgot that this is Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo is about all kinds of cars.

I didn't forget anything. Its also not the "Real Driving To The Shops Simulator". Noting that in the past they've included several models of a given lineup ANYWAY, my point still stands, that if it comes to the crunch they will be more likely to include the high performance variant OF A GIVEN MODEL LINEUP.

If I'm wrong how come they haven't (in past editions) included the Supra GZ Automatic for example?

Yet, we still got the Honda Odyssey.

If your publicly stated goal is to be an encyclopedia of cars I would think you would be grabbing as much as you can.

Side note: In GTPSP all my tracks have been ranked up to S-Class using the VW GTI MkV (closest thing to my car in the game). In GT4 my brother drives the original style Prius (Japanese version of his real car).

I didn't forget anything. Its also not the "Real Driving To The Shops Simulator". Noting that in the past they've included several models of a given lineup ANYWAY, my point still stands, that if it comes to the crunch they will be more likely to include the high performance variant OF A GIVEN MODEL LINEUP.

If I'm wrong how come they haven't (in past editions) included the Supra GZ Automatic for example?

Not saying most of the cars included in previous games aren't indeed the more performance orientated versions of a certain model if a model indeed has a high-performance version but it's not always the case.
In GT4 for instance you could buy both BMW 120i as well as 120d, almost similar in performance but one being petrol whilst the other was a diesel, offering a different driving experience whilst having almost similar power.
And there also was a Lancer EVO Automatic ( don't remember the correct name ) which obviously wasn't included for being faster than the regular ones but because it perhaps offered a slightly different experience to those who would notice these things, and there were probably many more examples of versions which perhaps would not be considered the obvious choice in a game which main focus is racing ( although still also a driving game ).

Last edited:
I didn't forget anything. Its also not the "Real Driving To The Shops Simulator".

It's also not "the real racing simulator".
You, we, don't have a clue as to why some cars are in the game while others aren't so why argue about it?

All I'm going to say is read this slogan:

"The Real Driving Simulator"

Also, how would it be foolish? As much of a racing fan as I am, I(along with plenty others) actually get a kick out racing the mundane stuff especially if some of us actually own that same Mundane vehicle in real life. There's just some sort of strange kick I myself get out of driving say a Nissan Cube around a track, its no where near as fast or cutting edge as for instance the R35 GT-R but wow its a blast. I'd have to say that if it wasn't for the very colorful variety GT has, I would not be having as much fun driving the everyday A to B cars.

My only problem with the abundance of Skylines (and Evos, and Impreza's) is that we haven't gotten the same amount of model variations for other (mainly western) manufacturers. Hell, in GT4 there are more models of Skyline than many manufacturers have cars altogether. :eek:

My only problem with the abundance of Skylines (and Evos, and Impreza's) is that we haven't gotten the same amount of model variations for other (mainly western) manufacturers. Hell, in GT4 there are more models of Skyline than many manufacturers have cars altogether. :eek:

Here we go again...

It's also not "the real racing simulator".
You, we, don't have a clue as to why some cars are in the game while others aren't so why argue about it?

All I'm going to say is read this slogan:

"The Real Driving Simulator"

Also, how would it be foolish? As much of a racing fan as I am, I(along with plenty others) actually get a kick out racing the mundane stuff especially if some of us actually own that same Mundane vehicle in real life. There's just some sort of strange kick I myself get out of driving say a Nissan Cube around a track, its no where near as fast or cutting edge as for instance the R35 GT-R but wow its a blast. I'd have to say that if it wasn't for the very colorful variety GT has, I would not be having as much fun driving the everyday A to B cars.

So, its a game with cars right? And these cars are driven fast, yes? On racetracks/rally courses? Against each other to win prizes/money right? This isn't a racing game how then, exactly? (PS I don't care what some marketing slogan interpreted by people who are being pedantic says). If it was a driving simulator there'd be traffic jams, speeding tickets, people ramming their shopping trolleys into you in parking lots, nagging spouses, worktime commutes and so on. See what I'm driving at (har har)?

Obviously you decided to react to what you think I said, rather than what I said. So I'll say it again. IT WOULD BE FOOLISH TO HAVE A MORE MUNDANE MODEL REPRESENTING A GIVEN LINEUP OVER THE PERFORMANCE VARIANT IN WHAT IS A RACING GAME.

But then, what would I know, I'm not a teenager.

Better scrub out the Pagani Zonda C12 and C12S then, since we have the C12 7.3...

And since we already established that it means nothing of the sort?

Time spent modeling one car is time that could be spent modeling another. What's your point? If you are looking for an argument I really don't care enough to give you one, especially when I'm right. Besides, the C12S is hardly a turbo diesel shopping hack.

Last edited:
Removing a car (Car 1) means the car list is smaller by one. It doesn't mean something else (Car 2) can go in, because the space for Car 2 to go in already exists - the discs aren't full. So Car 2 isn't in the game for some other reason (they didn't know about it, didn't want it, couldn't get a licence for it, couldn't get hold of one to model it, couldn't finish the model in time) and removing Car 1 doesn't change that - it just reduces the car list by one.

Removing a car (Car 1) means the car list is smaller by one. It doesn't mean something else (Car 2) can go in, because the space for Car 2 to go in already exists - the discs aren't full. So Car 2 isn't in the game for some other reason (they didn't know about it, didn't want it, couldn't get a licence for it, couldn't get hold of one to model it, couldn't finish the model in time) and removing Car 1 doesn't change that - it just reduces the car list by one.

OK.

So how does that change any of what I was saying about selecting the more mundane model from a respective lineup over the performance variant (eg 318i over 330i, for example)?

OK.

So how does that change any of what I was saying about selecting the more mundane model from a respective lineup over the performance variant (eg 318i over 330i, for example)?

Who said it did?

I said that if you're going to only pick the top of the range of a given model then, by that argument, GT4 should have lost the Pagani Zonda C12 and the Pagani Zonda C12S, since it included the Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3.

You said you'd be fine with that if it allowed another model to be included - which it wouldn't (as discussed at length over the last few pages). That being the case, can one assume that you're not fine with that?

"Too much Skylines" whining...

Seconding release date as the hottest topic at GTP....for five whole years. :mad:

OK.

One is a inline 4, the other an inline 6, one maybe able to be turbocharged and therefor be eligible for certain events while the other may not.
Both offer a, although maybe slightly, different driving experience within a similar package.
GT, and I mentioned this many times before, is not only about driving on the limit chasing for glory all the time for many ( although it can be and for many it will be if you chose it to ) and this is not marketing drivel.
For many it offers the possibility to somewhat experience driving those cars they might otherwise not be able to just for fun ( whatever that may imply, not necessarily driving fast constantly ) and for most it will probably be the more exotic or high-performance cars they will choose.
Although the mundane versions will offer the same for a lot of people ( maybe hard to comprehend ), and as I mentioned in the first sentence they might have a purpose for those who percieve GT as a racing-game only.:)

Yes off course, they can have one or two other more "family" models too but WHY so many like they do?

Oh, quit this i can't explain what I realy mean, then my english says stop...Frustrate...

Last edited:
So, its a game with cars right? And these cars are driven fast, yes? On racetracks/rally courses? Against each other to win prizes/money right? This isn't a racing game how then, exactly? (PS I don't care what some marketing slogan interpreted by people who are being pedantic says). If it was a driving simulator there'd be traffic jams, speeding tickets, people ramming their shopping trolleys into you in parking lots, nagging spouses, worktime commutes and so on. See what I'm driving at (har har)?

Obviously you decided to react to what you think I said, rather than what I said. So I'll say it again. IT WOULD BE FOOLISH TO HAVE A MORE MUNDANE MODEL REPRESENTING A GIVEN LINEUP OVER THE PERFORMANCE VARIANT IN WHAT IS A RACING GAME.

But then, what would I know, I'm not a teenager.
Who said it wasn't a racing game. Who said that to race you have to be in the fastest machinery available. Why do people go to watch Touring Cars when they can go to watch F1? F1 is faster, therefore it must be better and more fun. Right? Well, no. some people might think so, but others might think otherwise. Some peoples perfect race might be a grid of the fastest cars in the game, another person might get a kick out of racing VW Beetles round the Ring. For you to assume that anyone else would only like the most performance oriented cars from any model line ups is foolish, not as you said that they are foolish to think otherwise. The very fact that plenty of people are dissagreeing with your idea that we all want only the more performance oriented cars proves that you were wrong since we all don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back