GT6 Car & Track Wishlist (don't post a picture of every request)

• Thread starter 88deathguy
  • 8,554 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be honest with you. I'd chop my balls off with a butter-knife to have this Lotus 72 in Gran Turismo.
lotus-72-04.jpg

I'd also like to say we should have RUF because PD still have their license.

:sly: Outnumbered, and out-thought?

Outnumbered by who? You and one other guy? HA! Look at all of the other people on here who are begging for Porsches because they love them so dearly. So really, YOU were outnumbered. :sly:

Outnumbered by who? You and one other guy? HA! Look at all of the other people on here who are begging for Porsches because they love them so dearly. So really, YOU were outnumbered. :sly:

Yeah, every other page; I see a bunch of Porsche requests. I even decided to request some a while back.

Yeah, every other page; I see a bunch of Porsche requests. I even decided to request some a while back.

But, Porsche is just wrong for GT5 or GT6. It's a lot of money, and PD won't get the RR physics right. I almost guarantee you'll be disappointed.

And, don't say that the RR physics in GT5 (RUF RGT etc.) are right, because they're not.

But, Porsche is just wrong for GT5 or GT6. It's a lot of money, and PD won't get the RR physics right. I almost guarantee you'll be disappointed.

And, don't say that the RR physics in GT5 (RUF RGT etc.) are right, because they're not.

I'm sorry, when did you drive a Porsche again?

*facepalm*

TBH & being realistic though; Porsche is indeed probably far away from becoming part of GT as long as EA hogs the license.

Although, I did try to make it clear several times in this thread that my suggestions are not just for GT6, but for future GT games as well. Porsche could end up in GT someday, that could be a while away though.

Last edited:

They did fine with the RUFs in GT3, 4, and 5. I doubt they'd screw up GT6.

I'm sorry, when did you drive a Porsche again?

See below (my reply to zylacorps).

*facepalm*

TBH & being realistic; Porsche is indeed probably far away from becoming part of GT as long as EA hogs the license.

That's still the point I'm trying to make.

They did fine with the RUFs in GT3, 4, and 5. I doubt they'd screw up GT6.

But, RUF and Porsche were known for being the worst handling cars, anywhere, for a long time. They are still, apparently, difficult to drive, according to every driver except Jorg Müller and Patrick Long. :lol: Ask Top Gear. :scared:

While I've never driven a Porsche (I'm too tall to fit, likely,) and never plan on driving a Porsche, I won't personally attest to their handling. But, they've got a reputation. I'll only attest to the reputation.

I thought the Rufs drove very well actually. I mean, I had trouble with driving the Yellow Bird, but aren't older porsches in general usually difficult to drive? I always hear Jeremy Clarkson ramble about 911s on Top Gear saying that a Porsche 911 will try to kill you.

It takes first-hand personal experience to properly judge something. Don't say Porsches are rubbish when you've never driven one, and you're basing your opinion off of someone else's.

I thought the Rufs drove very well actually. I mean, I had trouble with driving the Yellow Bird, but aren't older porsches in general usually difficult to drive? I always hear Jeremy Clarkson ramble about 911s on Top Gear saying that a Porsche 911 will try to kill you.

Exactly. It's the same with 900+ hp Koenigseggs, and the other "ridiculous" requests.

Granted, they might not be ridiculous to everyone, just me.

I see things a little more simple:

Ford Focus RS (where was it in GT5?)
Chevy Cruze (WTCC/STCC)
Chevy Lacetti (see above)
Brno Circuit, Czech Republic (and not because the guy at work raves about the beauty of the "enchanted" forests there)
Sonoma (or whatever they call it now) (because WTCC went there)
Watkins Glen (because I made this:)

Brands Hatch (BTCC)
Snetterton
Silverstone (confirmed, right?)
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (again, a fun track in touring cars)
Road Atlanta
Road America
Sebring

all of those tracks work well with almost every car.

And, those cars actually are easier to replicate in-game, than the Porsches. The weight transfer etc., is much more predictable, and much more "programmable."

That was true of the pre-996 models. 911's have longer wheelbases and longer front overhangs( not to mention the AWD models) for better stability and that pendulum effect is long gone. Besides, all those championships must count for something. And if you're still not convinced, ask Walter Rorhl.

That's one of the reasons why I like the older 911s though, they give me a challenge.

Also, I deleted this before, but I'm going to say it again. This thread is about making whislists, as in cars that people wish to be in GT6, not the 'realistic request thread'. You can have an opinion about anyone's request, but that's not going to change their minds. People can request whatever they want.

My point is: They'll be more porsche and many other car requests in the future, so you might as well ignore it.

Last edited:
That was true of the pre-996 models. 911's have longer wheelbases and longer front overhangs( not to mention the AWD models) for better stability and that pendulum effect is long gone. Besides, all those championships must count for something. And if you're still not convinced, ask Walter Rorhl.

Yeah, nowadays. But, not all of the cars mentioned there are modern cars. The list I was referring to, (as I recall) was full of classic cars, since no one really seems to like the Pan-amera. (how do you even spell that? :lol:)

That's one of the reasons why I like the older 911s though, they give me a challenge.

Also, I deleted this before, but I'm going to say it again. This thread is about making whislists, as in cars that people wish to be in GT6, not the 'realistic request thread'. You can have an opinion about anyone's request, but that's not going to change their minds. People can request whatever they want.

My point is: They'll be more porsche and many other car requests in the future, so you might as well ignore it.

Yes. But, I'm saying "don't hold your breath, you might die," which seems to be good advice.

Exactly. It's the same with 900+ hp Koenigseggs, and the other "ridiculous" requests.

Okay then. Your requests are ridiculous. See how that plays out?

And, those cars actually are easier to replicate in-game, than the Porsches. The weight transfer etc., is much more predictable, and much more "programmable."

There's nothing inherently more difficult in programming weight transfer based on which drivetrain the car is.

In regards to the Porsche comments; er, no. Porsches have been known as some of the finest-handling vehicles for decades now. Anything older than a 993 had some nasty handling traits, sure, but that was more due to drivers' inexperience with the unique requirements of rear-engined cars. People tend to lift-off mid-corner when they think they've over-cooked it; if done abruptly, an old Porsche (understandably) reacted far more violently than a typical front-engined sports car. The 2.7 RS in particular is still hailed as one of the greats, and that's forty years old.

But, that's far different from how any car in GT5 currently handles. 💡

Which points to problems with the physics engine itself, not the cars. Personally, I'd rather they address that than avoid adding cars in that expose said faults.

💡

Look what I caused :P

In all seriousness I'm not a fan of Porsches, even in NFS when I can drive them I don't want to. Just my opinion ;)

Exactly where I stand, too. "I'm fine with them, don't get your hopes up, and don't expect it to be a walk-in-the-park to drive them. Especially the classics."

Which points to problems with the physics engine itself, not the cars. Personally, I'd rather they address that than avoid adding cars in that expose said faults.

💡

I won't argue that there are some minor flaws in the physics of GT5. But, they're not horrible, anyways. Certainly, I wish it were a bit easier to drive LMP cars etc., and harder to drive cars like the Mercedes SLS AMG, and think that there are places where they can be improved for GT6. I won't argue.

I'm just stating that, for the money/effort/reward of Porsche cars, is it worth it? Electronic Arts will likely spend even more money to buy back exclusive rights to Porsche, before Porsche goes to PD. It's sad, but true.

I'd rather see a whole bunch of cars more eagerly awaited (touring cars, Aussie V8s, new DTM, GT cars) than just a few Porsches that would still seem to be "just more street cars" added on top.

But, in saying that, I think PD could ask to talk to Penske (for the old DHL ALMS cars,) or Flying Lizard/The Racer's Group, to get race cars, that could fill out the car rosters for fields of GT/LMP cars. I just don't want to see money squandered on trying to get the official Porsche license, given that there are now numerous Porsche tuning companies that still offer PD the license for street cars.

And, I hope that PD bothers to fix the physics, to implement them correctly, upon getting any of the above mentioned licenses.

All i can say is that they would have more room for better cars if they were not putting 25 of the same car in the game. As in the Mx5's, S2000's, NSX's im saying a few is ok.. but over 10? Its enough... bring back Vectors too. That said its still my favorite game

I would like to replace a few duplicate cars with some unique models of those cars or a different car under that manufacture.

Examples:
- 1999 Honda S2000 (US) -> 2007 Honda S2000 Club Racer
- 1997 Mazda Eunos Roadster VR-Limited -> 2008 Mazda RX-8 Type S
- 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) -> 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 (C5)
- 1995 Honda NSX -> 2004 Honda NSX-R GT
- 1989 Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA,J) -> 1996 Mazda MX-5 Miata Cup Car
- 2005 Ford Mustang GT -> 2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
- 2005 Ford GT (No Stripe) -> 2006 Ford GT-X1
- 1994 Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car (doesn't really exist in real life) -> 2005 Vauxhall Vectra VXR
- 2001 Vauxhall Corsa Comfort 1.4 -> 2012 Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nurburgring Edition
- 2002 Renault Sport Lutecia 2.0 16V -> 2005 Renault Clio Cup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back