GT6 Car & Track Wishlist (don't post a picture of every request)

• Thread starter 88deathguy
  • 8,554 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That car reminds me of something...

web630-red-bull-x1-prototype-front.jpg

Hm?

Do you guys remember Yatabe? It was what basically started the tuning craze in Japan. It was an oval where any tuner could test any car. There were thousands of tuning clubs and garages that would accelerate test and speed test their cars. Crashes and blown engines were inevitable. This track is what shaped Japanese supercars today.

Unfortunately in the early 2000's. The Tsukuba express project cut directly through the track. Yatabe's tuning history was gone forever.

R.I.P Yatabe.

Do you guys remember Yatabe? It was what basically started the tuning craze in Japan. It was an oval where any tuner could test any car. There were thousands of tuning clubs and garages that would accelerate test and speed test their cars. Crashes and blown engines were inevitable. This track is what shaped Japanese supercars today.

Unfortunately in the early 2000's. The Tsukuba express project cut directly through the track. Yatabe's tuning history was gone forever.

R.I.P Yatabe.

Another sad story :( http://www.auto-otaku.com/home/2008/03/rip-yatabe-test.html

Then again how many high speed ovals do we need in GT? That said I think this is a better option than what we have now (stupid route X) :grumpy:

Yatabe is a cooler and more awesome and risky speed test track than cruddy Route X. It just too long and not challenging to reach top speed. We need EVERYTHING in GT to be a challenge!

I think Kaz should visit Jay Leno's garage and scan some of the cars in there. He's got some amazing one off cars in there

not in a specific order

1963 Lotus 25
1988 McLaren MP4/4
1998 McLaren MP4/13
1978 Ferrari 312T3
Mine's R32
Mine's R33
Mine's R35
2004 Maserati MC12
2007 Gumpert Apollo S
2012 Gumpert Apollo Enraged
2006 TVR Sagaris
2001 Top Secret Silvia S15
2013 SRT Viper

Bet you didn't know this. Lamborghini actually entered one group C race in 1985. They made a group C car based on the Countach chassis. It was called Lamborghini Countach QVX.

'85 Lamborghini Countach QVX

images

Last edited:
Ranman20
Bet you didn't know this. Lamborghini actually entered one group C race car in 1985. They made a group C based on the Countach chassis. It was called Lamborghini Countach QVX.

You are right, I did not know that :)

Ford Crown Victoria (2nd Generation)
Ford Granada (MK3) (Europe)
Ford Mondeo (All generations)
Ford Sierra

Mercedes-Benz C Class (All generations)
Mercedes-Benz E Class (All generations)
Mercedes-Benz S Class (All generations)

Vauxhall/Opel Omega (All generations)
Vauxhall/Opel Senator (All generations)
Vauxhall/Opel Vectra (All Generations)

Vector M12

I'd love to see more cars, and tracks, from the 50's and 60's:

Austin Healey 100M and other Healeys
Triumph TR3/4
MG TD, TF, MGB, MGC
Fiat 124 Spider
OLD GP cars like Auto Union, Mercedes of the 40's and 50's
Shark-Nose Ferrari, BRM, etc. from the 60's
Ferrari 250/275LM

As for tracks, how about:
Monza with the high speed banking?
Older versions of Monaco, without all the chicanes
Spa (old, long version)
Watkins Glen (including old version for older GP cars)

Bet you didn't know this. Lamborghini actually entered one group C race in 1985. They made a group C car based on the Countach chassis. It was called Lamborghini Countach QVX.

That's a Countach?!?!?!?! Wow! :drool:

I'd really like to see a Foxbody Mustang, I'd prefer either a GT 5.0 or the SVO 2.3 turbo(noting that it comes stock with adjustable suspension)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back