GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's optional.

They aren't forcing it down your throat. This is the first time I've seen something like this get such a negative reaction.

Then you haven't seen this regarding the once almost GTHD (2006 @ GTP):

GT and Microtransactions

Gran Turismo HD officially canned - Next stop is GT5

This isn't exactly new ground for PD. Different than an entire game based around it, but something definitely within their realm of thought. For me, it makes GT feel a tad bit cheaper. I understand who it would benefit, but I still can't shake the feeling. Now it makes me wonder about available content and ability to earn credit, as that is a slippery slope for a company with regard to value decisions and abuse.

Last edited:
I am pretty much against modern gaming, it really is disgusting the way it is going. But, until we see another video games industry crash, companies will continue to try and milk fools as much as possible.

Yeah well, gamers have changed, too. If you venture in the old GT sections of this forums, there's guides how to get 100% without hardly spending any cr at all. Just to name one.

Sure I duped some cars in GT5 and those high payout seasonals were very welcome to fill some spaces in my virtual garage.
But man, I tackled some races true Ninja style. I was at times so hardcore my PS3 was x rated. They even invented almost a new PEGI rating for my gameplay until they figured GT5 would show up solely on google's banned search words. They put my analyst on danger money and made the international finance system collapse.

Seriously I got more satisfaction out of beating the 4 hours Nürburgring endurance Aspec race by mere minutes than my lifetime gold status on AbbyWinters.

I have spent 3 years on GT5 and still I don't own every car and that's fine. But I'm old school and the youngsters don't roll that way. That's cool by me. If they want to throw real money for owning a Veyron from day one - fine. I'll beat the crap out of the AI in my pink Vitz on CS tyres until I have to admit I'm forced to buy another ride and then start all over again. Each to their own.

Yeah well, gamers have changed, too. If you venture in the old GT sections of this forums, there's guides how to get 100% without hardly spending any cr at all. Just to name one.

Sure I duped some cars in GT5 and those high payout seasonals were very welcome to fill some spaces in my virtual garage.
But man, I tackled some races true Ninja style. I was at times so hardcore my PS3 was x rated. They even invented almost a new PEGI rating for my gameplay until they figured GT5 would show up solely on google's banned search words. They put my analyst on danger money and made the international finance system collapse.

Seriously I got more satisfaction out of beating the 4 hours Nürburgring endurance Aspec race by mere minutes than my lifetime gold status on AbbyWinters.

I have spent 3 years on GT5 and still I don't own every car and that's fine. But I'm old school and the youngsters don't roll that way. That's cool by me. If they want to throw real money for owning a Veyron from day one - fine. I'll beat the crap out of the AI in my pink Vitz on CS tyres until I have to admit I'm forced to buy another ride and then start all over again. Each to their own.
You sir, are a winner.

I have collected every single car in my garage by my own hand, 20 cars to go...hopefully get em before GT6. :lol:

Then you haven't seen this regarding the once almost GTHD (2006 @ GTP):

GT and Microtransactions

Gran Turismo HD officially canned - Next stop is GT5

This isn't exactly new ground for PD. Different than an entire game based around it, but something definitely within their realm of thought. For me, it makes GT feel a tad bit cheaper. I understand who it would benefit, but I still can't shake the feeling. Now it makes me wonder about available content and ability to earn credit, as that is a slippery slope for a company with regard to value decisions and abuse.
I'm well aware of that but that's not exactly the same thing. Their original plan for that was to charge for each car/track.

Charging for in-game credits doesn't affect how the game plays out. Everyone still has access to the same cars/content. Bioware did this with ME3. The MP DLC was all free and accessible to everyone, but if someone wanted to put real money towards unlocking things, they were able to. It didn't affect how the game played or gave anyone an advantage, just like this won't. Rockstar are going to do the same with GTA Online.

I spent so much time with GT5 that I managed to get one of the million credit cars within the first week, which was the Peugeot 908 (Had many people asking "how did you get that so fast" when I took it online too). Did some abit duping, but mainly for the Alfa Romeo Giulia as I liked having it in multiple colors. Speaking of which, can't wait to pose that in photo mode next to the car I always thought it resembled so much: the Ferrari 250 GT0.

Charging for in-game credits doesn't affect how the game plays out.

It has the potential to do so.

Rockstar are going to do the same with GTA Online.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...-halves-repeat-mission-payouts-in-gta-online/

Rockstar (and their handling of GTA Online) is probably why there seems to be a backlash with regards to micro transactions in GT6. Rockstar made it clear their GTA dollars wouldn't affect the games "economy", only to later nerf mission pay outs. That affected how the game "plays out", no?

It's an extremely slippery slope and I feel justified in being a little concerned about Polyphony pulling a Rockstar. Doesn't mean it's going to happen though.

Buying credits could mean more expensive cars to come. If PD dialed back the payout in Seasonals to A-Spec levels, some may feel grinding is too much. Especially for those that dont play OFFline much.

Certainly not the kind of news I was expecting around this time. Maybe it's just an option, maybe it means a redesigned career to milk people. They should release some more information about the single player portion already.

Its not hard to get easy money without grinding. Buy one car that can enter multiple events. Example- Ford Focus... Sunday Cup, FWD, American series, Hatchback/ all done with one vehicle. Even if 3 races each with say an average of 5,000 credits each = 60,000 credits. And not even taking into account seasonal events or online or special events etc. you have enough to buy your Japanese RWD car with money left over for upgrades to handle the tougher faster a-spec races. I never needed to grind continuously. If you take GT realistically like managing your fictional racing career, frugal spending isn't wrong. So this dlc is aimed at those who just don't have time or a limited attention span/patience.

... So this dlc is aimed at those who just don't have time or a limited attention span/patience.
... and have money to spare. And there is nothing wrong with that. It's how its meant to be. You work hard for you money IRL so you can spend it on anything you want, virtual or not.

I do not see what's there to discuss, PD is getting extra income from folks who want to pay. If your going to be jealous with folks who will have supercars on day 1 or 2 then i think the issue is on you.

And remember, some of the cars are reasonably priced. 450K for a GT3 car. Some of the classic cars are 100K or less. There must be so much to do in this game to earn Cr. I agree with trustjab. If people pace their GT experience, it should , make the game interesting earning Cr.

I'm well aware of that but that's not exactly the same thing. Their original plan for that was to charge for each car/track.

Yes, this is what I said, but with my caveat.

Charging for in-game credits doesn't affect how the game plays out. Everyone still has access to the same cars/content. Bioware did this with ME3. The MP DLC was all free and accessible to everyone, but if someone wanted to put real money towards unlocking things, they were able to. It didn't affect how the game played or gave anyone an advantage, just like this won't. Rockstar are going to do the same with GTA Online.

Would you agree that a fundamental change to a game's economy (and quite possibly its rewards system, e.g. in game credit rewards) would have an effect on the strategy of gameplay?

We already know that DLC affects game content as it relates to publishers holding back product in order to provide day-1 DLC (not even hiding the greed) and we also know that PD was willing to do worse than day-1 DLC with GTHD. This is why I said that having a system in place that would facilitate the purchase of in-game currency is a system open to abuse by the company (as said company decides the value of the vehicles in the first place, i.e. a price fixing dreamland). The best we can hope for is a benevolent value czar.

The course maker will allow add scenary

Venturebeat
This could potentially give somebody a whole new perspective on how to take the surface streets into a city — after they had driven through them in a Pagani Huayra supercar. The GPS data will not fill with objects or buildings in the background, but players will be able to add scenery to the environment themselves after they upload their information.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/18/gran-turismo-6-wants-to-make-you-a-better-driver/

Remember how Yamauchi was surprised to see the editor of Modnation Racers.

Last edited:
some Euro previews doing the rounds - google translated

http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/2013-11-18-gran-turismo-gt-6-prova-preview-anteprima

Gran Turismo since the first PlayStation, one of the titles that best represent the console Sony eyes of the general public.For years considered as the best driving simulator on the market console, the game has carved over the years a large group of fans who have gone on to build a large and active community.

No wonder then the decision of Sony to release the latest installment of the series on PS3 instead of PS4, thus allowing a wider audience to enjoy this new episode.We had the chance to try Gran Turismo 6 premiere in the Sony offices and needless to say that we did not miss the opportunity.

Our test starts with the very beginning of the game where, without much ceremony, we are asked to enter the name of our pilot and test ourselves in a short tutorial on board a small yellow Renault Clio Sport.These first two laps only serve to acclimatize with the new control system and are disturbed only by the on-screen messages that the game occasionally offers us, to give us useful but wordy advice on how to take the first turns and how to interpret the various visual aids for driving.It is immediately obvious that theGT6from this point of view does not deviate too much from its predecessor, with a dynamic indicator of the asphalt path and a long series of indicators to monitor the status of the car.

It is clear that the physics of the vehicles has been further improved compared to GT5, with a more realistic behavior on the road.In particular, after a bend too sharply addressed (with a relative jolt) begin to see the work done on the physics of the suspension.It is an obsessive attention to detail, with the suspension of each car that respond differently according to our settings, the condition of the track and the car, and speed.

"Suspension and lighting are perhaps the most important improvements"

It seems also clear however that suspension and lighting are, from what we could see, perhaps the two most important improvements.You do not see a worsening in short in any aspect of the title, but not a marked improvement in the formula.The developers have preferred to file the minor flaws of its predecessor, rather than daring with something truly innovative.The result, however, is quite satisfactory.

As for the damage system of the vehicle, were not made great strides but only small improvements.After a spin due to a lack in our curve, we were able to see how the hood and sides of the vehicle were wrinkled and scratched.As was already in GT5, however, it is a system not overly realistic: you can not completely destroy your car and, while continuing to suffer damage, there will be no visible changes beyond a certain level.

Continuing our proof of the career mode we have seen that here, too, the changes made are minimal.Very similar to that of GT5 by default, requires the player to earn in each category of events a number of stars, awarded on the basis of the results obtained during each race.

"If the player has obtained enough stars, it can then move to the upper group, unlocking faster cars and new tracks"

If the player has obtained enough stars, it can then move to the upper group, unlocking faster cars and new tracks.With the money earned running, however, you can personalize their car.The customization options are quite extensive and they range from changes in the polycarbonate body, the nitro tank to be placed under the seat, obviously passing through tires, rims, miniskirts and much more.

Also interesting is the way in whichGT6guide less experienced players, advising the best parts to buy and the cars easier to handle.A great feature for those who do not have petrol in his veins but not at simplifying.Purists will be able to fully manage your car, taking care of every setup, including oil change, Pit Stop mode.

Back on track for a final round, we also see a short demonstration of the new system of atmospheric modeling.On board a KTM Xbow of 2012, while we run on a dirt road at sunset, we can appreciate the transition from day to night, and complete a lap around a track wet from the rain.But we must admit that we were much more impressed by the simulation of the lights from that of precipitation, all in all not too dissimilar from GT5.

"Unfortunately the stands we find the two-dimensional public"

After our first look at this new version of Gran Turismo, we can safely say that the game has great potential but also suffers from some minor defect.Despite the version shown to us was, according to the guys at Sony, a build almost final, have seemed obvious compromises the developers to get the excellent results that we have written so far.Back in fact a bit 'of aliasing to make boundary to the slopes, the yield of the setting does not seem in line with today's productions and, what is worse, we find still in the stands the two-dimensional public.

Another downside is that artificial intelligence, to be honest, it was quite dull, too tied to a defined trajectory.Most of the time we happened to go against cars that did not react in any way to the player's presence, merely continue the race even after being rammed or buffered, never stop us or get out of their tracks.

This is obviously defects that do not excessively undermine the gaming experience, but that would have no doubt made the difference between a final chapter of the series and what seems to be a technical update of the same.Please refer to the next month anyway, in the review, for a final judgment.

I thought you weren't buying gt6? Why are you still hanging the forums if that is the case? It's a bit sad tbh.

Indeed, I wont. But people couldn't leave me alone. Alerts, alerts every time.

And, you know, GTP is more than GT6 foruns... just sayin'...

Indeed, I wont. But people couldn't leave me alone. Alerts, alerts every time.

And, you know, GTP is more than GT6 foruns... just sayin'...
Yeh I'm aware of that, and you say this to me on the gt6 forum.......just sayin'

Another preview - Google translated
http://www.everyeye.it/ps3/articoli/gran-turismo-6_hands-on_21091

The first thing that catches the eye of the new chapter of Gran Turismo is the dynamic interface and usability of the menus of the game, one of the "crosses" the fifth iteration due to extremely phlegmatic screens, cumbersome and sometimes confusion. The renewed slimness reflects that of the interfaces present on next-gen consoles and in general resembles that of the websites of modern design, which is designed to be enjoyed easily on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. In a nutshell, the new menu Gran Turismo 6 , extremely elegant, have convinced us fully for speed and clarity, as well as for accessibility to all information and the many icons on the screen, ranging from classic licenses to dealers, through the maintenance of the car to the items for tuning. Our "baptism of fire" took place on board a brand new Renault Clio Sport on yellow wonderful - and highly technical - British circuit of Brands Hatch, a true temple of motoring characterized by a succession of waves and changes of slope that make it simply unique. Nothing better to verify the goodness of the new model physical and kinematic of the game, developed in collaboration with technical partners such as Yokohama Rubber, leader in tires, and the company that develops and markets KW Automotive suspension. Unfortunately it was not possible to test the game with a steering wheel, nevertheless the feedback received from the tested Dualshock 3 there appeared extremely convincing, and the driving model, although not too dissimilar to that of Gran Turismo 5 after a convincing care-dose patch provided by Polyphony Digital, is really solid and rigorous, of course within the limits imposed by a project created exclusively for consoles. After the introductory phase in the Brands Hatch we moved at the beginning of the career mode, where 17 thousand credits we purchased a blue 2010 Honda Fit RS with 346 PP (Performance Point). Initiated the ubiquitous Sunday Cup, characterized by the two historic circuits and High Speed Ring Autumn Ring Mini, we were able to disable the traction control, ABS and all other driving aids to check more thoroughly reinvigorated gameplay, which has returned the right feeling between the classic flavor of the series and the new dynamics derived from specific technical partnerships, giving substantive good impressions obtained with the small but feisty French car. We reiterate that in order to assess and fully enjoy the renewed driving model you need to make a test with a dedicated device, which will not fail to make the forthcoming analysis of the final product, this in spite of the new introductions are also effective through the pad and can be fully appreciated by observing the workings of suspension and shock absorbers or the replay through the targeted use of the external view.

The experience was even more interesting testing in Arcade mode a KTM X-Bow R, we do not deny, we specifically requested after putting the whip in that jewel of simulation which is Assetto Corsa Kunos Simulations. Even with all the limitations imposed by the Playstation 3 must be emphasized that the work done by Polyphony is really egregious, and we can not wait to test it thoroughly with a driver's cab, to check to what extent has pushed the Japanese development team . Moreover performs quite enjoyable, from this point of view, had already been achieved in Gran Turismo 5 and the new partnership can only improve. Particularly exciting aspect of the test with the very low and gritty KTM was the scenario in which it is held, or the new track at Willow Springs where journalists present at the event have been satisfied to manage the dynamic weather, the cycle of day and night amount of water on the track since the beginning of the race. Keep between the curbs the car with the Dualshock 3 and turned off all aid has been really difficult undertaking and, given the peculiar conformation of the track, in some cases wet, we made excursions on the dirt road quite often, a symptom that to fully enjoy the ambitions full simulation of Gran Turismo 6 , in addition to lots of practice, you really need to have a good gaming device. If from the point of view of the driving model can therefore be rather optimistic, the latest effort license plate Polyphony Digital has however shown the side for some problems, which emerged in previous tests fairs. The thing that more than any other has left some doubt is represented once again by one of the characteristic defects of the saga, or the mistreated artificial intelligence. During our short but intense test, in fact, we observed the classic behavior to "train" their opponents on the track in each of the three difficulty levels tested, ie Beginner, Intermediate and Professional. It should however be pointed out that to fully assess this aspect is not just needed more time available, but also need further study the various settings of the game, also, we repeat, it was not a final code. Beyond the lack of exuberance of the other drivers we noticed another critical historical production, ie shocks and collisions unconvincing and quite similar to those found in Gran Turismo 5, a symptom that to have a real evolution from this point of view will probably have to wait a chapter entirely designed for Playstation 4.

The light kisses the beautiful

From a technical perspective Gran Turismo 6 squeezes the Playstation 3 to the limits of its possibilities and we can not help but congratulate the team graphics Polyphony, authors of a trial simply masterful. The sight of the first circuit we tested, namely the unprecedented brandas Hatch for the series, it was really unsettling for quality, cleanliness, depth of field, color brilliance, complexity and overall showmanship. A real feast for the eyes determined not only by the beauty of the polygonal model of the car, always showpiece for the saga, but especially by the terrific lighting effects, for which the Japanese team has really outdone. The color changes depending on the position of lighting and the sweetness with which they vary represent the state of the art for a video game and are amazing for those who are used to playing on high-end PCs for years, a sign that the optimization of console, albeit "old-growth" can really do wonders. The dazzling beauty of the effects of light becomes a real concert admiring the day night cycle variations, which we sped from the appropriate menu just to test the dynamics of sunsets, sunrises, impact on the colors and so on. A show just wonderful, catalyzed by the generous Bravia TV available for our test in Sony headquarters. Beautiful even so-called "premium car" characterized by internal manicured and an anthology polygon that enhances every detail, fabric and material, texture thanks to finely drawn and traditionally realistic rendering of the color palette. The difference with the cars standard, albeit very good on the whole, is essentially irreconcilable and could not be otherwise, keeping in mind the origins. Whereas in the new chapter were included 120 brand new models and many more come through the DLC, some of which are also dedicated to the so-called project "Gran Turismo Vision", which involves the construction of exclusive concept car, the most demanding players will nevertheless control a garage modern, abundant and diverse enough to have fun.

Even with all the limitations of the case, probably due to licensing reasons, we also noticed considerable care in rendering the cosmetic damage of the cars, mainly characterized by abundant scratches and dents rather than actual deformation of the body. The main defects that we have observed from the graphical point of view were tearing, quite evident in the track Brands Hatch, rare penetrations polygonal, and some aliasing accentuated drop in framerate with the view from inside the otherwise generally pegged at 60 frames per second. As well as for cosmetic damage these elements that naturally should be evaluated in the final version of the game, but even in this preview did not affect either the goodness of the excellent gameplay much less visual impact of Gran Turismo 6 . As for the sound we reserve the right to judge it in the final version and with the support of a dolby digital 5.1, able to emphasize the goodness and the modularity of the sound of the engines, waiting for the promised patch that should completely rework them. The squeal of the tires appeared to us very much in line with that of the previous episode as well as the abundance of the soundtrack, full of songs of different genres and with the participation, among others, of famous bands like Depeche Mode.
Although the in-depth evaluation of an important and mammoth like Gran Turismo 6 are necessary time and ad hoc device, especially in light of new introductions techniques by Polyphony Digital, it is undeniable that you have done a great job of finishing exemplary in many respects of view. The interface far more usable and accessible, the amount of biblical content and graphic impact overwhelming, thanks to amazing lighting effects in combination with beautiful models of the cars, the dynamic weather and day night cycle to make a Gran Turismo 6 ' undoubtedly most refined than the last iteration. Remain to assess the physical and kinematic model renewed through the use of a good steering wheel, the depth of the various game modes and especially the incidence of defects historical saga emerged from our evidence, or collisions and artificial intelligence, which seem anchored to dynamics that governed the fifth chapter of Gran Turismo. Stay tuned for our upcoming discussion of the final product signed by Yamauchi, probably the last great exclusive for the Playstation 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back