GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me re-iterate what I said in my preview:

I thought it was much better than GT5, which I always felt had no AI at all - just a bunch of cars driving around a track that you had to catch up with. GT6 is much better than that, but the average consumer/journalist is still not going to be impressed (especially if they're not playing in Professional mode, as @sk8er913 noted), and the usual suspects will complain about it after their first race. My point is that it was better.

Every time I've played GT6, I've approached the game assuming that everything is the same as it was in GT5, then look for the deviations from that. Others will play it assuming that it will match their expectations or desires for their "perfect" game, and then judge it based on that criteria.

Based on what you just said, have you found anything at all worse in 6? it seems to me that everything in the game is greater than GT5, or will be great soon after release.

This is how you boys should be feeling.

That's how I feel too. Simply can't wait!

And for some of you it's time to see the cup half full perhaps? And it's more than half-full this time:

- We're getting the game WITHOUT DELAYS
- Tons of new tracks, with time/weather change, etc
- 120+ new cars
- Totally new physics
- Totally new and faster menus, UI, etc
- Lots more customization options

And much more...

We are so near the release. Damn, I can't wait to throw an Alpine 110S at all those beautiful Ascari corners. It will be beautiful!

You, sir, deserve my like! Totally right on the money. Indeed I too cannot wait to get my grubby paws on that 15th Anniversary Edition, even though I propably won't use the one million credits code. Don't like to play it that way, I love the grind!

Based on what you just said, have you found anything at all worse in 6? it seems to me that everything in the game is greater than GT5, or will be great soon after release.
The only things "worse than GT5" were some loading times for the races and the dynamic shadows of some environment elements in a race replay at Bathurst, which you'll see in a video I'm going to upload.

Everything else was the same or better.

Looks like career and AI are exactly the same, which if in the final version review gets verified, I am not going to bother with GT6 at all since these were the reasons I got very bored of GT5. Sounds and more customization choices were big issues too, but I could get let it go with semi-fixes. The core of the gameplay is what defines a game, sure hotlapping is sweet but it gets very boring for me if I only do this.

Looks like career and AI are exactly the same, which if in the final version review gets verified, I am not going to bother with GT6 at all since these were the reasons I got very bored of GT5. Sounds and more customization choices were big issues too, but I could get let it go with semi-fixes. The core of the gameplay is what defines a game, sure hotlapping is sweet but it gets very boring for me if I only do this.

Psssst...Jordan has said over and over again that the AI is better. He actually re-iterated that like 10 minutes ago.

Psssst...Jordan has said over and over again that the AI is better. He actually re-iterated that like 10 minutes ago.
A bit better than actually an enjoyable to race AI makes a big difference, as I said I will wait for the first reviews of the final version to make a verdict.

There's no issue with buying ingame credits, some people cannot play 4 to 8 hours per day, if they want to experience the content they bought, let them have it, it's their choice. I don't and those people have no impact on my experience at all.

Then why not give them access to all cars outside of Aspec? It's not A spec if you can buy your way through the game.

And if you don't have time for A spec fine just play arcade?

The only things "worse than GT5" were some loading times for the races and the dynamic shadows of some environment elements in a race replay at Bathurst, which you'll see in a video I'm going to upload.

Everything else was the same or better.

Yes yes yes bring it on :bowdown: that is the SLS GT3 video what we saw a screenshot from right?

I don't need career mode to be better...IMO it just needs to be longer. Much, much longer. Hope it delivers on that front at least, with lots of career, seasonal and special events catered to a whole lot of cars. I don't need faithful recreation of GT3 or GT500 for that matter. I want fun events, that's all...

I don't need career mode to be better...IMO it just needs to be longer. Much, much longer. Hope it delivers on that front at least, with lots of career, seasonal and special events catered to a whole lot of cars. I don't need faithful recreation of GT3 or GT500 for that matter. I want fun events, that's all...
Chasing the rabbit is fun and different as long as it's not only that. We need standing starts etc. If you are put with same cars and same start the career mode is very very dissapointing. On the length of the career you are spot on. It was too short. It should be a vast selection of events that would take many months if not years to complete.

Let me re-iterate what I said in my preview:

I thought it was much better than GT5, which I always felt had no AI at all - just a bunch of cars driving around a track that you had to catch up with. GT6 is much better than that, but the average consumer/journalist is still not going to be impressed (especially if they're not playing in Professional mode, as @sk8er913 noted), and the usual suspects will complain about it after their first race. My point is that it was better.

Every time I've played GT6, I've approached the game assuming that everything is the same as it was in GT5, then look for the deviations from that. Others will play it assuming that it will match their expectations or desires for their "perfect" game, and then judge it based on that criteria.

I see your point and during your 2nd lap at Brands the 350Z racer was putting on a decent fight.

It's the first lap that got me worried you passed almost every car with little to no effort including an LMP car, overall in my opinion I don't think there is any significant improvment over the GT5 arcade mode AI when set to aggressive.

Will reserve further final judgemnt when I play it though and do more tests.

@Jordan Thank you for the Brands Hatch video.
I got a bit worried when you overtook the LMP on the outside. (it didn't seem right)
But was very glad it overtook you at the end.

👍

I'm very worried about DLC practices, but buying credits isn't one of them. No publisher will ever use micro transaction as the meaningful way to progress in a 40-60$ game, it would alienate the players, get awful reviews and lose them more money. We all had to grind XP in GT5, running an X1 at the Indianapolis endurance for hours, but money was never an issue when you played the game, but some people cannot play the game, they have 2 hours per week and if they want to pay cents to buy the car(s) they want, more power to them, and to PD/Sony to live in reality.

That's not entirely true either. Before seasonals were patched in having enough money was pretty difficult, almost as difficult as having enough XP. Post-seasonals obviously having enough money or XP wasn't a problem, but that's not so good for other reasons.

In GT5 PD managed to have payouts that were both far too high and far too low in the same game. We're waiting to see if they can get it just right, but the evidence so far from the similar car prices and payouts is that they haven't. And while there may be seasonals in GT6 as a band-aid, in fact the band-aid may be purchasable credits.

I notice two separate groups of cars: GT cars (Super GT, GT2, V8Supercars ecc) and LMP cars.

Is it a multiclass race or is the usual random selection?

Jordans new gameplay looks promising. Sure he passed a lot of cars in the beginning, the ai seemed to be a bit cautious when driving so tightly packed in the beginning (which you should, but of course won't when driving against ai :P ) but when the LMP-car had got out of that mess it really started to fight back and showed some real manoeuvres that looked far more advanced than anything the GT5 ai ever did. And at the end it seemed another car started a fight with him. I think Jordan might be right about the ai being much improved. :)

Jordan passed the Audi R8 lmp car, but later in the video you see it blew past him. Then the GT500 Z was putting up a fight as well, though it should've been right with the lmp irl.

Good replay angles. I like the aggression of the cars in the corners. Im sure itll get better.

No offence, but what are the evidence of payouts you mention?

The evidence is in the game.

Like the Wind is still the best value per time A-spec as far as I'm aware, at 70k per race. If you're awesome fast you can earn a couple of million an hour, and it's the most boring thing in the whole world if you don't do the rubber band trick. That's low.

Seasonals give you anywhere from hundreds of thousands to millions per race. Millions per race is high.

Think of it as someone wanting to buy a 20 million dollar car.

The first way it's 10+ hours of grinding, for one car which they may or may not like because there's no test driving. That's insane.

The second way it's anywhere from half an hour to an hour. Maybe that's reasonable, maybe it's quick. Depends on how much spare time you have. But it's a big difference to A-spec.

Personally, payouts need to be standardised on time played rather that by race. You put in X amount of time, you get Y amount of money. And cars need to have a lower spread of prices. The difference between 10k and 20 million means that either one is too easy or the other is too hard. Reducing the spread means you can make all cars more challenging to afford, but less of them frustratingly so.

It's optional.

They aren't forcing it down your throat. This is the first time I've seen something like this get such a negative reaction.
This picture makes sense now.
GT6-Menu-gtauto_pit01.jpg

Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you already knew about GT6 in game economics and really had me worried about this. I do agree cashing was all over the place in GT5. And in game rewards will indeed determine if this is just yet another option or a complete:censored: rip-off.

I notice that only leaves 630Cr. after all is done. Learn to usenthat brake pedal people. :eek:

AND for only 11.1 miles, that Range Rover is pretty banged up and dirty. Cant wait to leave my Nova in that state for the entire game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back