GT6 Official Car List Impressions/Thoughts

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 987 comments
That list has so many cars asked here thousands of times :/

Also that list seems more comprehensive than GT6's because it doesn't have 'standards' (shrinks GT6 to less than 400) duplicates (one car that PD counts up to 30 times) and TC/RMs (fictional modifications to increase the car count), all combined that make it be not that higher.

+1 maybe a "Hyper car" pack along with the Mclaren P1...

Wishful thinking warning, but this would be perfect:

New Hyper Car Pack:
-McLaren P1
-Ferrari LaFerrari
-Ferrari F12berlinetta
-Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
-Koenigsegg Agera

And another one for some missing classic 90s supercars

90s Exotics Pack
-Ferrari F50
-Ferrari F355
-Ferrari 512TR
-Bugatti EB110
-Jaguar XJ220 (premium)

This will absolutely never happen though as we already know the way PD works. We'll probably get something like this instead:

-Volkswagen New Beetle '12
-Nissan 370Z '14 GT Academy
-Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Racing '14
-Ferrari F12berlinetta '12
-Toyota GT-One Race Car '99 (premium)
-Toyota Prius '14
-Red Bull X2014 Prototype '14
-Acura NSX TC '14
-Toyota Aqua TC '11
-Chevrolet Corvette C7 TC '14

Anyway, I better leave quick now to avoid the wishlist police.

Last edited:
Really just missing the normal everday car range from this era.
There's a whole new line by Kia and Hyundai.
Volvo, Ford, Holden, Lexus, BMW... these all have newer ranges of cars that aren't in there at all... the range of cars from the 90s-mid 2000s that have been a part of GT for the last 3 games are great, but we need the updated models from this range.
I know the new race cars are great, but you can't just forget about the other 3/4 of the game where you can take everyday cars to the track.
...oh, and of course... old mini!!! ... :-P

Forza worked with McLaren for the P1. So Forza likely have exclusive FIRST rights to it, much as they had with the SRT Viper initially. I'm getting rather tired of people complaining about the P1 all over GTP... It will come. PD have other McLarens in it. But it can't now due to likely licensing issues.
How do you explain that this car is in other racing games, too?
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-welcomes-mclaren-automotive/
http://nfs.wikia.com/wiki/McLaren_P1
This car was just an example of a modern car GT is missing.

You are so right. Im the bad guy here, not Polyphony Digital
Yes you are, because every modern car GT doesn't have is exclusive to 1-4 other racing games. Every complain you have is not PD fault. It is the fault of other companies like Microsoft. PD doesn't make mistakes they are god among us. :D

Last edited:
I wouldn't get my hopes up that with a fixed HP, Weight or PP value (or a combination of these) that is applied to all GT3 cars, the cars will actually be equal. From what I've seen, PP calculation seems to have stayed largely the same (i.e. algorithmic), so a good BoP in GT6 will have to have individual values for each car again.
I doubt the GT3 cars will be equal. GT3 cars aren't equal before BoP, they only become close after BoP (often SRO BoP or FIA BoP) is applied. Unless PD have changed their ways, the cars will come to us with minimum weight and unrestricted power.

In GT5, PD made Gt500 cars unequal that are supposed to be identical, I have little faith that they will balance anything for us.

I doubt the GT3 cars will be equal. GT3 cars aren't equal before BoP, they only become close after BoP (often SRO BoP or FIA BoP) is applied. Unless PD have changed their ways, the cars will come to us with minimum weight and unrestricted power.

In GT5, PD made Gt500 cars unequal that are supposed to be identical, I have little faith that they will balance anything for us.

It would be ok to go that way (unrestricted cars), because it's giving you some freedom to actually create a good BoP. What really would be needed though, is the means to enforce a BoP based on individual restrictions for each car in an online race. That means either a possibility to check all installed parts plus power/weight/PP or to only allow cars picked with a certain configuration from your own garage.

I'm afraid we won't get either, but I still have hope. If anything, that's what PD should have learned from watching online events in GT5.

Was hoping for the R34 Z-Tune to be included :(
Yeah, of all the Skyline GT-Rs we had on GT5, I was really disappointed that we didn't have R34 Z-Tune. We only can hope that it may come into GT6 as DLC someday :'(

It would be ok to go that way (unrestricted cars), because it's giving you some freedom to actually create a good BoP. What really would be needed though, is the means to enforce a BoP based on individual restrictions for each car in an online race. That means either a possibility to check all installed parts plus power/weight/PP or to only allow cars picked with a certain configuration from your own garage.

I'm afraid we won't get either, but I still have hope. If anything, that's what PD should have learned from watching online events in GT5.
Yeah, you're right, a way to control/monitor car specs/parts online would be more than enough, but I'm also quite skeptical something like that will be included. I'll believe it when I see it.

call me a ricer, but... I'd trade the LaFerrari, P1, Sesto Elemento ( glad they aren't in the game) and every other stupid "hyper car" for premium versions of the:

Hachi Roku (preferably the Trueno)
Mk IV Supra
MR2 (first and second generations)
the original Honda NSX Type R (love the pop up headlamps)
classic Super GT/JGTC cars (there's only the Castrol Supra)
and Group B cars

edit: almost forgot

the first generation Impreza WRX STI

Last edited:
Really just missing the normal everday car range from this era.
There's a whole new line by Kia and Hyundai.
Volvo, Ford, Holden, Lexus, BMW... these all have newer ranges of cars that aren't in there at all... the range of cars from the 90s-mid 2000s that have been a part of GT for the last 3 games are great, but we need the updated models from this range.
I know the new race cars are great, but you can't just forget about the other 3/4 of the game where you can take everyday cars to the track.
...oh, and of course... old mini!!! ... :-P

+1 the original beauty of GT1 was the experimentation factor on the run of the mill cars. "What if I strapped a turbo and a race suspension onto a 1.3 Mazda Demio...?"

I'd like to see some MPVs in there - maybe even a MPV championship. Mazda5's battling it out with Toyota Previas and Renault Scenics...

Yeah, of all the Skyline GT-Rs we had on GT5, I was really disappointed that we didn't have R34 Z-Tune. We only can hope that it may come into GT6 as DLC someday :'(

An R34 GT-R Z-Tune would be superb. I am surprised and disappointed it isn't listed considering it is:

a) A Japanese car
b) Has unearthly performance
c) Is incredibly exclusive
d) Is a Nissan
e) PD would have little hassle accessing one to measure via Nissan

And I'd be very interested to measure its performance against an '07 Nissan GT-R, not to mention the European sports cars released in the same year as the Z-Tune.

+1 the original beauty of GT1 was the experimentation factor on the run of the mill cars. "What if I strapped a turbo and a race suspension onto a 1.3 Mazda Demio...?"

I'd like to see some MPVs in there - maybe even a MPV championship. Mazda5's battling it out with Toyota Previas and Renault Scenics...

Yep I liked GT when it had more normal everyday cars and less supercars. GT2 car list was the best even if it was mostly Japanese. IMHO

Anyone else noticed that SSR11 hasn't showed up in the official GT6 list?

It was already a stretch to think it was in the game simply because its track map was seen flying by the screen amongst other tracks in the first GT6 video. It clearly won't be in the game at launch, and unless it's planned for DLC we won't see it.

Back