GT6 Official Car List Impressions/Thoughts

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 987 comments
I really hope so, but I believe it little
Why because Forza has it? You do realize that Forza doesn't have exclusive licenses to every car right? The reason it isn't in GT is because PD didn't have time to model it, or didn't bother to model it.

Most of the new cars on the list are disappointing like GT5, but I will still buy it, like GT5. I'm glad they finally included the CTS-V, Charger SRT-8, and 11+ Mustang.

I personally think that it's better that there are games like GT to challenge "your type" of enthusiast. Just because you're in the majority, it doesn't mean you're justified in wanting only the things that are constantly waved under your nose by a system geared up to make you part with your cash, and reinforce that situation through image promotion and general media hegemony.

It doesn't mean that GT should be shaped by your particular demands over, say, mine. But hey, you're welcome to do what you want and to expect what you want, but it doesn't necessarily mean you should get what you want from the first available outlet. Although it'd be nice for everyone if that were possible.

And you always have a choice. In my ideal world, there would be far more diversity in the genre, and then these issues just wouldn't arise. You'd naturally gravitate to the game that suits your "type"; instead, traditional market domination tactics mean that one game has to capture the "entire" market. Which isn't actually possible. It's nonsense.

If Earth has written a purely positive post about GT with no but's id love to see it, iv'e seen many from him about Forza so I know it's possible.

Why because Forza has it? You do realize that Forza doesn't have exclusive licenses to every car right? The reason it isn't in GT is because PD didn't have time to model it, or didn't bother to model it.

At the time Turn 10 showed off the P1 on stage at E3 it was one of only two that had been built up to that point, they had very early access.

Excatly. Just like the Bugatti Veyron, Kaz said he didn't had time to model it, and finally got too in GT6. It's just PD not having time to model the P1, theres no exclusive license.

call me a ricer, but... I'd trade the LaFerrari, P1, Sesto Elemento ( glad they aren't in the game) and every other stupid "hyper car" for premium versions of the:

Hachi Roku (preferably the Trueno)
Mk IV Supra
MR2 (first and second generations)
the original Honda NSX Type R (love the pop up headlamps)
classic Super GT/JGTC cars (there's only the Castrol Supra)
and Group B cars

edit: almost forgot

the first generation Impreza WRX STI

I actually agree with you. The Mk IV Supra and Original NSX Type-R as Premiums are needed. Both are landmark sportscars.

As Classic Super GT cars, yes, I agree. Go back to GT2 with the Kure and Zexel R33GT-Rs..... But I'd go further back to the Group A days. The:

Reebok #50 R32 GT-R
Calsonic #12
#2 STP Taisan
#11 BP Trampio
#22 Axia
#25 Zexel (1991 Spa 24hr winner)
#1 Unisia Jecs
#55 Kyoseki

could and should all be included. The basic body and drivetrain would be shared by all vehicles with livery and minor cosmetic differences only. Think of it as slightly more interesting variations on the Nascar duplication approach - that the same basic car midel can make several different vehicles. It's just that these can accelerate, brake and turn right too..... (tic) Seriously though, PD have access to the above cars in Japan at the Nismo Festival and at Nissan's storage facility at their disused Zama plant:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/vintage-speed/4279549#slide-1

And while they're at it, make the Nissan Motorsport R32 GT-R that won the 1991 Bathurst 1000....

Premium R33 GT-R LMs 'Keep the Dream Alive', 'Clarion' and 'Jomo'

Premium R390GT1 roadcar (1997 redshort tail), (1998 blue long tail), and racecars from both 1997 and 1998 (short and long tail versions respectively).

Then there's John Morton's BRE #46 Datsun 510 1971-72 Trans Am 2.5 Challenge Series Champion. That's iconic and would get the American enthusiasts going too.

Hang on, I've now turned my post into a car wishlist. Sorry.

Because none of that proves exclusiveness. SMS just announced a partnership with McLaren and it includes the P1, is is than an exclusive partnership as well? No. When cars are exclusive the companies tend to promote it as such, it's half the point. As it is T10 have not once suggested or promoted that F5 is the only place to drive a P1, even for a limited time.
No, they did not. SMS says they welcome McLaren to the game. They did not announce an actual partnership. The details I posted back are the results of the partnership between McLaren & T10 unless you have proof SMS is going to promote pCars with the P1 as the main highlight of its car list. No one has also said the P1 is exclusive to Forza, either. What has been said is that T10 gained first rights to it over Polyphony. If you would stop twisting words, you'd have a stronger counter argument.

BTW, where's the "just as much proof" Kaz hates the P1 again? Oh. That's right.... :rolleyes:
Or because like the P1, T10/EA may have managed a deal first?

It's not uncommon at all for companies to model several cars & never include them due to licensing issues. If Ferrari allowed PD the time to model the FXX, I'm sure LaFerrari wasn't far behind.

Last edited:
I actually agree with you. The Mk IV Supra and Original NSX Type-R as Premiums are needed. Both are landmark sportscars.

As Classic Super GT cars, yes, I agree. Go back to GT2 with the Kure and Zexel R33GT-Rs..... But I'd go further back to the Group A days. The:

Reebok #50 R32 GT-R
Calsonic #12
#2 STP Taisan
#11 BP Trampio
#22 Axia
#25 Zexel (1991 Spa 24hr winner)
#1 Unisia Jecs
#55 Kyoseki

could and should all be included. The basic body and drivetrain would be shared by all vehicles with livery and minor cosmetic differences only. Think of it as slightly more interesting variations on the Nascar duplication approach - that the same basic car midel can make several different vehicles. It's just that these can accelerate, brake and turn right too..... (tic) Seriously though, PD have access to the above cars in Japan at the Nismo Festival and at Nissan's storage facility at their disused Zama plant:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/vintage-speed/4279549#slide-1

And while they're at it, make the Nissan Motorsport R32 GT-R that won the 1991 Bathurst 1000....

Premium R33 GT-R LMs 'Keep the Dream Alive', 'Clarion' and 'Jomo'

Premium R390GT1 roadcar (1997 redshort tail), (1998 blue long tail), and racecars from both 1997 and 1998 (short and long tail versions respectively).

Then there's John Morton's BRE #46 Datsun 510 1971-72 Trans Am 2.5 Challenge Series Champion. That's iconic and would get the American enthusiasts going too.

Hang on, I've now turned my post into a car wishlist. Sorry.

lol, I agree, that's why I kept my comment restricted to cars that are already in the game as standards, didn't want to turn it into a wishlist.

and yeah, it's kind of weird, Poliphony is obviously very close to all of the japanese car makers, they could easily model all those cars.

and adding to the list of cars that are already in the game as standards:

Nissan R89C
Nissan R92CP
Toyota-7 (although the standard version is pretty decent, it's a visually simple car)
Toyota GT One
Toyota Minolta 88-CV

The LaFerrari is a beast and all, but I'd rather race the F12 Berlinetta- which (I believe) has the same engine as the LaFerrari. The Lamborghini Veneno is powerful... and damned ugly. The Egoista is even uglier. I like the P1, but not really head-over-heels in love with it. I'm sorry if I'm supposed to hope and pray the most crazy fast supercars make Gran Turismo car lists, these are not the world's only cars. Even I have visions of racing Koenigseggs in GT.

Maybe we'll get some of these highly-desired cars in the future for Gran Turismo 6. If not, it isnt' the end of the world, nor is it any reason to boycott Polyphony Digital or whatever.

Lot's of people complain here about too many Japanese cars, but I think Japanese race cars
(Honda F1 anyone?) would be welcomed by almost everyone.

GT has a fantastic history spanning 15 years and a great back catalog of vehicles to bring forward from past games, but while it's a great plus point it's also a problem which leads to all the duplicate cars, minor trim differences, same model slightly different year and so on that annoy many people.

This may be the most cars we see in a GT game for a couple more iterations, which could mean 5 years or more.
The level of detail we expect for GT on the PS4 means a mass cull is on the cards.

Hopefully the car models built from GT5 on-wards have taken this into account and will truly shine on PS4, but that still leaves a huge catalog of vehicles and let's face it many older tracks too that just won't cut it for a next gen audience.
So while id like to see a few of those cars we got to know and love in GT1 & 2 get some "premium" treatment so we can reminisce about misspent youth, I think we need to take this opportunity to get to know them all for it may be some time, if ever they appear in the GT universe again.

At the time Turn 10 showed off the P1 on stage at E3 it was one of only two that had been built up to that point, they had very early access.
So by that logic then, PD was involved in the development of the GTR, therefore they have exclusivity over the GTR.

Yes, McLaren and Turn 10 are tied close together right now, similar to T10 and Ferrari for FM4, and Audi for FM3. It's their poster car. Turn 10 do not have the exclusive license to the P1, because if they did then pCARS and NFS: Rivals wouldn't have the P1. Plus FM5 and GT6 aren't competing much. Different Consoles, Different Generations. It would be no point in blocking PD out of the P1 and LaFerrari as it wouldn't make GT supporters go out and buy an Xbox One and FM5.

The car list I think is good, but I still think they keep pushing the Japanese cars. They need a bit more 'Murican Muscle. Although I'm glad to see a Firebird and modern Charger.

So by that logic then, PD was involved in the development of the GTR, therefore they have exclusivity over the GTR.

Yes, McLaren and Turn 10 are tied close together right now, similar to T10 and Ferrari for FM4, and Audi for FM3. It's their poster car. Turn 10 do not have the exclusive license to the P1, because if they did then pCARS and NFS: Rivals wouldn't have the P1. Plus FM5 and GT6 aren't competing much. Different Consoles, Different Generations. It would be no point in blocking PD out of the P1 and LaFerrari as it wouldn't make GT supporters go out and buy an Xbox One and FM5.

I didn't say exclusivity I said access, which for Turn10 and PD is important because of the efforts both put into modelling cars as accurately as they can.

pCARS & NFS may not need access to model cars, they may just use photographs and measurements that are published, and how detailed and accurate they are may differ.

Also yes PD may very likely of had early access to the Nissan GT-R because they were trusted by Nissan to develop the elaborate computer systems for their new sports car.

But this is clearly all about timing, both Forza and GT have a new game out at the same time, and the big star car for many people is the P1 which is also just coming out, and both publishers take time and effort to accurately model each car and only one of those publishers had early access.

Was this the same scenario when PD had access to the GT-R?

I have a feeling there will be another aussie track and cars appear as DLC. Possibly Gold Coast...

And we are overdue for Academy, especially with Nissan V8 supercars entering the series

You know, I'm okay with this car list. It probably isn't the final car list, and there will be more cars added through DLC, but at present, I think it's good. If we're just looking at "premiums" including the carryovers from GT5, the list isn't too shabby. I mean, over 50 years of Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Corvette history, legendary race cars, muscle cars, supercars, electric cars, everyday cars...

Sure, it's missing a premium MkIV Supra, various sport compacts, Australian muscle cars, and some of the newer supercars (as well as the AMG cars that they said were going to be in the game..). I'm not saying the car list is perfect, but it's pretty good.

You didn't see the Pebble Beach Plymouth, SRT Charger '11, '70 Cuda AAR? I also thought there would be more, but I am also pretty sure that more cars will be revealed before release day.
I did see those. I am not interested in the 71, and a 2011 charger? Why not the Challenger, or 300? Or crossfire, or neon SRT, or the dart (old and new) or the SRT ram, or the sidewinder, venom or older vipers? Or even a 1st gen neon? Something newer than 1975?

What do you think GT would be like if they hired a thousand people for a month and modeled every car that everyone wants?
I think it would take more than a month. Lol - probably closer to a year or two. At least. But to answer the question, awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somewhere mentioned manufacturers will be supplying CAD drawings/data/specs for concepts and new models.

I assume this would significantly reduce the time spent modeling.

I really like the car list, but the duplicates with different names have to go. I'd rather have 700 unique cars as opposed to 1,200, many of which are exact copies of cars already included.

I also think that there need to be more NASCAR stock cars and maybe another track. I don't want them to go overboard as there are NASCAR-dedicated games out there, but maybe throwing in 6 more of them to fill a full grid and including 1-2 more tracks (preferably Sonoma and/or Watkins Glen) would be using the license nicely.

I also think that there need to be more NASCAR stock cars and maybe another track. I don't want them to go overboard as there are NASCAR-dedicated games out there, but maybe throwing in 6 more of them to fill a full grid and including 1-2 more tracks (preferably Sonoma and/or Watkins Glen) would be using the license nicely.
Tracks would be welcome, but I think what we need would be "Base Car" versions of those stock cars.

Prototyp and Slipz

GT5:
maxresdefault.jpg

Forza 4:
1998_amg_mercedes_clk_gtr.jpg

Again. GT5:
superspeedway-daytona.jpg

1993_jaguar_xj220.jpg

Actually, looking at these comparison shots, the old gen cars have weathered about the same through the ages in both games. The CLK in Forza 4 doesn't look any better (a little worse in my opinion) than the one in GT5. Andt he XJ220s look about the same. And both of those cars are old, filter-fed versions of cars from previous games in the series. Like I said, NFS usually has the best "filtered" cars. But that's usually because there isn't a filter. It's just an updated graphics engine...or the same one, same car models, maybe slightly tweaked...Yeah.

Now, enough about digital quality loss....'cause it's weird. We're in a digital age where there should be no quality loss...but obviously there is and the more times you copy something the crappier it is. That said, with the decrease in Standard/Premium ratio and GT7 seemingly being a launch title that PD couldn't leave alone, I would suspect that the age of Standards is close to an end. That said, I hope they don't go Forza's route. Because...I'd rather them build all the premiums from scratch and have 1500 beautiful premium models...which probably won't happen any time soon 'cause can you imagine rounding up some of those old car models now? If anything what will happen is we'll get the GT3 affect and go from 1200 cars down to 500 premiums. Which...I wouldn't mind at all, really.

after reviewing Foxiols Forza 5 car list I have to say that I am pretty jealous. I'm not getting an xbone regardless due to it's expense, and my inherent distrust of MS but it doesn't stop me from wanting what they have lol!

GT6 will end up being a solid game but I know that I'll be picking up another racer be it NFS Rivals, Project cars and (of course) Drive Club as it will be free to PS4 users.

I have nothing against NFS, I enjoy arcade style games just as much as sims and PCars I really didn't care about at all until they made the McLaren deal, so that is now in the running.

Really hoping that DLC helps to round out GT6 car list but I feel like holding back these specific cars is a little underhanded, sure on the 1 hand it's a smart business move because people will pay for them, on the other hand other games are launching with some or most of these cars...

You got to imagine that PD probably have a stockpile of DLC cars and tracks ready to launch.

124 cars seems very low for 3 years of work, even considering PD's low staff numbers. And Sony made it abundantly clear that DLC will be available more regularly this time around, for better or for worse. :) :(

Latest Posts

Back