GT6 Official Car List Impressions/Thoughts

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 987 comments
To be completely honest there's probably a lot of things I'd rather drive than a P1. Although a Toronado isn't one of them

I was happy to see the Nova and also noticed what looked to be a 77 or 78 Trans Am in the video, always seem strange not to have a Firebird in GT.

I really do not care if it has a P1 or not, not really into the hyper cars

Why am I being singled out again? I've done nothing but echo the sentiments of the majority of people on this forum. I've made the point Polyphony Digital is not creating content based on what their customer wants. As a business that offers goods, that is their job. And I have the right to complain. I want Polyphony Digital to do their job better. The problem is they're not. They're repeating the same mistakes over and over and over. Making it abundantly clear they do not pay attention at all to consumer feedback. As a business, thats terrible policy, but they get away with it because there is no competition.

But oh, I am a self entitled, demanding, unreasonable son of a gun who wants what he wants when he wants it and how he wants it, right? The only way that has a chance of being true is if those who think the same way I do were in the minority, which is certainly not the case.

Yes, this is an enthusiast forum, and its seen as cool to praise obscure cars from 50 years ago while pretending to not care about all the modern marvels that are missing.

But there is no need to capture the 'entire' market. The idea is to cater to your target audience first, and then expand form there. Exactly who is this dysfunctional car list targeted at? If anything it tries to do what you condemn, it tries to capture the entire market. Thus it ends up a jack of all trades and a master of none. Yet from the tone of your posts it appears your just fine with the new car list, while attacking and attempting to silence those who have issue with it. In fact your attitude of 'if its not good enough for you too bad' is entirely anti-consumer and entirely the wrong way of going about things.

Finally, to Polyphony Digital I say this: learn from Sony and how they built the PS4 by building the next Gran Turismo around what the community wants, or watch your brand fade into 2nd tier territory.

I (or we) have nothing against you. The Problem is that you are still saying "Yes, this is an enthusiast forum, and its seen as cool to praise obscure cars from 50 years ago while pretending to not care about all the modern" Omg i think you didn't get it . I will explain it in a other way. You know how the little kids become happy as they read x2010 or Bugatti. Its the same with us if we read Gordini. You dont care about it but for us its a Special car. We got the Reventon too or FXX , that are hyper cars.

"Obscure"? I know that this sentence was written to me. I had to look up the meaning of it. I really dont understand what the Problem is. How many hyper cars will you get? And how many "obscure" cars from 50-60s will you get? I think you will get more from the first one.

Ps: Btw i love that PD aims for the enthusiasts and not for the "entire) market. Because Games like this can only survive if they can hold the core Players/Fans.

Just a example: Iam (or was) a huge CoD fan. I have played CoD 1,2,3,4(MW1),5(WaW),6(MW2),7(BO),8(MW3),

And i didnt bought CoD 9(BO2) and 10(Ghost). It was a huge shock for some players in my list. I didnt bought them because they are CLEARLY aiming for the "entire" market , for the casual player. And this killed the game ! Me and my Old Friends from CoD 4 didnt bought them too. It's too easy and everything is made for the casual Player. They have lowered the health so that you can kill someone with 1-2 bullets (that doesnt require an good Aim, Perfect for the Kids) I could write a whole Book about this topic. Activison was succesful with CoD 4 and they wanted more money,money,money and again money. So they copied the same game again and again and just change things to make it easier. That was the biggest mistake Ever. They lost the Core players and now CoD is Death. Back in MW2 release my PSN list was Full with CoD players. Everyone played MW2. Ghost was released some days ago and only 2 players are playing Ghost , all the other Core players dont !
If PD would ever decide to aim for the casual Player it would be the death of GT.

Ps2: On Site 17, there is a nice comment from "Hobanator". Just read it ; ).

Last edited:
Would you rather drive an Oldsmobile Toronado or, say, a McLaren P1?

I know what I would chose...

I pick the F1 Le Mans winner over the P1, and although... Lunar Rover. O_O and All of the new BMWs, except for the 57 and the 01, they are both Ugly :P but after all of these, there is my avatar that I hoped was in game, then behind that was a few 90s super cars Diablo.... next up: P1.

I'm sure its been mentioned as this thread is forever long but if not...since "F" word car list has come out the McLaren P1 has a trademark symbol next to it....is that for McLaren or turn 10? Secondly, they will also have a LaFerrari paid DLC pack on day one. What does this mean for the immediate future for gt6 and the new Ferrari?

they will also have a LaFerrari paid DLC pack on day one. What does this mean for the immediate future for gt6 and the new Ferrari?

It means that Micro$oft are fleecing buyers of Forza 5 because if the car is ready at launch, it should be in the full game at launch. To release it as a launch day DLC is blatant profiteering. I may criticise PD on a few things, but they haven't released a DLC on launch to further milk their players' wallets. *Yet*

It means that Micro$oft are fleecing buyers of Forza 5 because if the car is ready at launch, it should be in the full game at launch. To release it as a launch day DLC is blatant profiteering. I may criticise PD on a few things, but they haven't released a DLC on launch to further milk their players' wallets. *Yet*
Ya no, I know its greasy of micro but the question is, does that mean that they have trademarked the laferrari like they have the P1. Havent found that dlc car list to see if its trademarked as well

Polyphony Digital doesn't give us the latest & greatest supercars because frankly, we don't really need them. I would much rather drive some of the rare & custom classics that only Polyphony Digital can offer. Name another racing game that has a lisenced Oldsmobile Toronado, Or a Plymouth AAR 'Cuda? Not to mention all of the Pebble Beach winners that aren't available in any other games. I know everyone has there own opinion & that's fine with me. But I am very satisfied with the GT6 car list, even though the Deltawing probably won't make it on release. And for all of those saying that Forza & the other various PC sims offer all there cars from day one, your wrong. Remember the Ruf CTR Yellowbird? The car we had since GT2 at releae (exect for it's absence in GT3)? In Forza 5, If you want that amazing piece of automotive history, you have to purchase the VIP pack. I think that classics like that should be included at release, & leave the new supercars for the dlc.
Alot of games have cars from gt.. i think it makes gt look dated because oh forza takes the best gt has to offer and then some.. etc. GT has the best car list in my opinion, hyper cars and super cars aren't what made me play GT. and to be honest now a days we dont have a Renaissance of bad ass cars coming out like we did in the 90's so i think people see it as a major loss not having some hyper car in the list.. hell they have the Lamborghini freaking diabo... and the ARR cuda and a firebird!! Whats not to like! I collect hot wheels and it took them ten years to give us a proper supra casting , that had to have horrible ricer trim.. , and just now they are picking alot of cars that are in the GT series. Does that mean hot wheels has bad taste.. no they want a good line up of historic cars..

Ya no, I know its greasy of micro but the question is, does that mean that they have trademarked the laferrari like they have the P1. Havent found that dlc car list to see if its trademarked as well

There is nothing to suggest that T10 has any kind of exclusive deal going on with the McLaren P1. As already stated in the thread, Project Cars is set to feature the P1 at launch as well. So please, knock that idea out of your head. While the Ferrari F70 is not yet stated to appear in any other game (that I know off), that does not mean that it's exclusive to the Forza franchise.

I (or we) have nothing against you. The Problem is that you are still saying "Yes, this is an enthusiast forum, and its seen as cool to praise obscure cars from 50 years ago while pretending to not care about all the modern" Omg i think you didn't get it . I will explain it in a other way. You know how the little kids become happy as they read x2010 or Bugatti. Its the same with us if we read Gordini. You dont care about it but for us its a Special car. We got the Reventon too or FXX , that are hyper cars.

"Obscure"? I know that this sentence was written to me. I had to look up the meaning of it. I really dont understand what the Problem is. How many hyper cars will you get? And how many "obscure" cars from 50-60s will you get? I think you will get more from the first one.

I know, I know, leave the Gordini alone. Im sure you guys will enjoy racing it at the Ring with comfort hards trying to knock down that 30 minute barrier. And the lightweight bathtub with openwheels as well. That will offer plenty of thrills and spills. Enjoy your racing.

The car list truly exemplifies PD's structure of Gran Turismo: scattered, with no direction. It's obvious the 'F' word strives to include the most desirable modern highend to hyper cars, with only well known classics like the DB5. The focus of their car list is obvious. PD's? Um.... Look, an 'encyclopedia' of cars sounds cute, but it doesnt work in a game. You will certainly end up with many 'odd man out' cars while generally not satisfying anybody.

PD is bragging on their website about how the new cars they've included span over 7 or so categories of cars, from prototypes, classics, supercars, etc.

They need to narrow their scope. Focus on 'everyday' cars first. The Civics, the Camrys, the Fusions, the Altimas, etc. Then lower end sports cars like Mustangs, then high end like Corvettes, then hyper cars, then whole categories of racecars. What do I mean by 'whole categories'? Adding 2 prototypes per game is silly. GT5 added the 908 and R10, GT6 adds the Speed 8 and R18. That is so silly. This is another flaw in Gran Turismo, the 'taster' issue, where you are always left wanting more. But thats a different story.

If your going to add the prototype category, do it right and dont skimp like the past 2 pathetic attempts. PD did it right with GT4. In Gran Turismo 4 we got for the first time:

Audi R8
BMW V12 LMR
Jaguar XJR9
Mercedes C9
Nissan R89C
Nissan R92C
Pescarolo '03
Pescarolo '04
Peugeot '03
Peugeot 905
Toyota 88-CV

11 solid prototypes. 👍 Those were the days. Thats the PD I knew and loved. Now we're getting thrown scraps every game, with only 2 prototypes being added with each of the last two games.

My point? Do it right or dont do it at all. Stop teasing by adding a Veyron but no Koenigsegg or SSC or Hennessy to race it. I'd rather have 0 prototypes in the game then a tiny collection that only takes up roster spots that could be used to flesh out holes in other genres of cars.

You know what? I would be totally fine if GT6 included ZERO hyper cars and ZERO racecars, but instead gave us a really solid collection of low end and high end sportscars. At the moment nothing feels complete or on its way towards being complete, which leaves me very dissatisfied.

Enjoy your racing.

I know, I know, leave the Gordini alone. Im sure you guys will enjoy racing it at the Ring with comfort hards trying to knock down that 30 minute barrier. And the lightweight bathtub with openwheels as well. That will offer plenty of thrills and spills. Enjoy your racing.

The car list truly exemplifies PD's structure of Gran Turismo: scattered, with no direction. It's obvious the 'F' word strives to include the most desirable modern highend to hyper cars, with only well known classics like the DB5. The focus of their car list is obvious. PD's? Um.... Look, an 'encyclopedia' of cars sounds cute, but it doesnt work in a game. You will certainly end up with many 'odd man out' cars while generally not satisfying anybody.

PD is bragging on their website about how the new cars they've included span over 7 or so categories of cars, from prototypes, classics, supercars, etc.

They need to narrow their scope. Focus on 'everyday' cars first. The Civics, the Camrys, the Fusions, the Altimas, etc. Then lower end sports cars like Mustangs, then high end like Corvettes, then hyper cars, then whole categories of racecars. What do I mean by 'whole categories'? Adding 2 prototypes per game is silly. GT5 added the 908 and R10, GT6 adds the Speed 8 and R18. That is so silly. This is another flaw in Gran Turismo, the 'taster' issue, where you are always left wanting more. But thats a different story.

If your going to add the prototype category, do it right and dont skimp like the past 2 pathetic attempts. PD did it right with GT4. In Gran Turismo 4 we got for the first time:

Audi R8
BMW V12 LMR
Jaguar XJR9
Mercedes C9
Nissan R89C
Nissan R92C
Pescarolo '03
Pescarolo '04
Peugeot '03
Peugeot 905
Toyota 88-CV

11 solid prototypes. 👍 Those were the days. Thats the PD I knew and loved. Now we're getting thrown scraps every game, with only 2 prototypes being added with each of the last two games.

My point? Do it right or dont do it at all. Stop teasing by adding a Veyron but no Koenigsegg or SSC or Hennessy to race it. I'd rather have 0 prototypes in the game then a tiny collection that only takes up roster spots that could be used to flesh out holes in other genres of cars.

You know what? I would be totally fine if GT6 included ZERO hyper cars and ZERO racecars, but instead gave us a really solid collection of low end and high end sportscars. At the moment nothing feels complete or on its way towards being complete, which leaves me very dissatisfied.

Enjoy your racing.
then again it was super easy to make cars back then..

There is nothing to suggest that T10 has any kind of exclusive deal going on with the McLaren P1. As already stated in the thread, Project Cars is set to feature the P1 at launch as well. So please, knock that idea out of your head. While the Ferrari F70 is not yet stated to appear in any other game (that I know off), that does not mean that it's exclusive to the Forza franchise.

According to forzas official car list and their site, the P1 is currently trademarked....note the only TM next to the cars on the list.
Also, so far according to every project cars car list I've found the P1 is not included currently, looks to be the f1 and mp4 gt3. The last sentence was useful to my question. I was looking to see if I had missed any new info recently. According to you....no

Now, I guess those that are interested, can have a sort of proper NASCAR TRUCK series. Chevy El Camino, Toyota X-Runner and Ford Lightning

then again it was super easy to make cars back then..

Yes it was. Times have changed, so PD needs to adapt. They're continuing the same 'a little bit from the 7 categories of cars' gameplan, but it simply doesnt work now as you cant model 700 cars in 5 years anymore. They need to narrow their scope.

Enjoy your racing.

Last edited:
Yes it was. Times have changed, so PD needs to adapt. They're continuing the same 'a little bit from the 7 categories of cars' gameplan, but it simply doesnt work anymore as you cant model 700 cars in 5 years anymore. They need to narrow their scope.

Enjoy your racing.

outsourcing for modeling...you do the modeling right the first time with absolutely Captain Insano levels of detail so they don't have to be done again...you can always scale down the detail to fit your hardware...

but thats the only way they are ever going to be able to pull it off...you go with an outside company...give them the list of cars and let them slowly chip away at it...

Audi R8
BMW V12 LMR
Jaguar XJR9
Mercedes C9
Nissan R89C
Nissan R92C
Pescarolo '03
Pescarolo '04
Peugeot '03
Peugeot 905
Toyota 88-CV

Enjoy your racing.

First you only wanted more hyper cars and now you are saying "They need to narrow their scope. Focus on 'everyday' cars first. The Civics, the Camrys, the Fusions, the Altimas, etc. Then lower end sports cars like.."

If PD would think like you then we would get 0 Cars because you say do it right or dont do it.
Because you can never satisfy peoples likes in each category. For example we got a SUV. So there are not many SUV's -> Take them Out (do it right or dont do it).
I dont know how you want to make a "rich" category if you dont Start to make the cars One by One . You cant Start Making a game with all cars together at the beginning. They come into the game each One by One.
We got an Megane and now we are getting a Megane RS "GT" car.
We got an SLS and now we are getting a SLS GT3.
We got a M3 and now we are getting a M3 GT 3

BTW there is no other game which has the quality of GT. In other Games the cars look just similar to the real ones , in GT they look identical! That takes nearly 6 Months for each car. They are adding step by step.

"I know, leave the Gordini alone. Im sure you guys will enjoy racing it at the Ring with comfort hards trying to knock down that 30 minute barrier. And the lightweight bathtub with openwheels as well. That will offer plenty of thrills and spills. Enjoy your racing."

30 minutes? I dont think so but thank you.I would like if we could Play together. I think you Never had the Chance to really feel the GT atmosphere.

Dropping needless duplicates for one.

If you're satisfied with the car list on-hand then that's perfectly fine, but insinuating that others are spoiled because they dare to question why their favorite car(s) still aren't represented in what is, hands down, the single most popular console sim racer is missing the point entirely.

The way I see it is that PD obviously reacted to user demands and criticism by adding more race cars (both GT3 and SuperGT), standard-to-premium conversations, everyday hatchbacks, even more Ferraris and Lamborghinis (with Porsche sadly missing, but we know whose fault that is), and some iconic classic cars.

Being hung up because one's favorite car isn't present, or that there are dupes that take away valuable space on a bleeding BluRay disc and inflate the car count, is to me like complaining that at night the sun doesn't shine or the moon is not made of cheese.

Another excuse for a **** storm if you ask me. Especially considering more DLC is confirmed already.

According to forzas official car list and their site, the P1 is currently trademarked....note the only TM next to the cars on the list.
Also, so far according to every project cars car list I've found the P1 is not included currently, looks to be the f1 and mp4 gt3. The last sentence was useful to my question. I was looking to see if I had missed any new info recently. According to you....no

Of course it's trademarked. You can't use a real car model/name in your game if you don't license it, and aqquire rights to use the trademark. That's how it Works. It has nothing what so ever with anything being exclusive.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-welcomes-mclaren-automotive/

Literally proof that the P1 is not exclusive to Forza. Not that proof seems to affect you...

BTW there is no other game which has the quality of GT. In other Games the cars look just similar to the real ones , in GT they look identical! That takes nearly 6 Months for each car. They are adding step by step.

That is more definately not true. While PD is top class when it comes to car modelling, Turn 10 and Slightly Mad Studios have achieved car models that are every bit as realistic as the ones in the GT franchise.

Last edited:
As already stated in the thread, Project Cars is set to feature the P1 at launch as well. So please, knock that idea out of your head.
When does P.Cars come out? Is anyone talking about lifetime exclusivity here or even anything longer than a few days/weeks after FM5's launch?
They could have very well done just that. Marketing/advertising exclusivity for x number of days/weeks/months in total or after release or this or that.
Literally proof that the P1 is not exclusive to Forza. Not that proof seems to affect you...
That's proof that some day a game other than forza 5 will have the P1.

When does P.Cars come out? Is anyone talking about lifetime exclusivity here or even anything longer than a few days/weeks after FM5's launch?
They could have very well done just that. Marketing/advertising exclusivity for x number of days/weeks/months in total or after release or this or that.

That's proof that some day a game other than forza 5 will have the P1.

This is like arguing with a religious person. Refusing to face facts, instead choosing to insist on something that they have no proof of what so ever.

My opinion about GT5/6 cars:

Which market is the largest for GT franchise? Answer is - Europe.

So PD should focus their car list towards European models. There are only a few cars from such makes as BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Opel, etc. We are missing lots of iconic models for EU gamers, like BMW 3series, 5series, 7series, M series/Coupe, Audi A4, A6, A8 (also S series), MB C, E, S, as well as their AMG versions, Coupe series and many other models which are more interesing for the majority of GT gamers (EU gamers).

They should focus less on yet another skyline and more on what really matters for most of us

This is like arguing with a religious person. Refusing to face facts, instead choosing to insist on something that they have no proof of what so ever.
I haven't been presented with any "facts" that refute what I've said.

Reading through some of the heated debates about what cars everyone feels they should have included - isn't it a bit early to act like the world is coming to an end?

What I did when I first heard that GT6 was coming out this year, was to make my own car wishlist, one for current street legal cars and one for historical ones, to see how many of them would be included. I was surprised when I was only able to come up with 51 cars for the currently produced cars (and 6 of those were Porsches). So, that was 45 cars that I could hope would be included and some of those I really could do well without. I just had put them on my list, because they existed, not because they were so great. In the meantime 14 of those already have been confirmed one way or another. That's actually more than I would have thought.

And I also don't believe we have seen the final list. I'm pretty sure that the McLaren P1 will be included eventually. Doesn't that scream loudly for DLC, say, packaged with other supercars (LaFerrari, Ferrari Berlinetta)? Or, additional GT3 car-DLC (McLaren, Gallardo, 458, Vantage GT3)...? A Pikes Peak-Pack with this year's Peugeot and the track...?

If everything were included now, how attractive would DLC still be...?

YZF
My opinion about GT5/6 cars:

Which market is the largest for GT franchise? Answer is - Europe.

So PD should focus their car list towards European models. /.../

They should focus less on yet another skyline and more on what really matters for most of us

Nearly half the new car list is European. 50+ cars out of 124.

I think the carlist is awesome. I'm really stoked for GT6 right, because of the carlist and the tracklist. GT6 is going to be a very good GT.

YZF
Maybe they started heading the right direction..?

However I wish half of all cars would be European... :)

Already in GT5, there were as many roadcars from Europe as from Asia, so they've been heading in that direction for nearly a decade now.

Already in GT5, there were as many roadcars from Europe as from Asia, so they've been heading in that direction for nearly a decade now.

Actually... NO. There are much fewer German-Trio models, than everyone would like to have.

There are "only" ~60 road/street versions of Audi, BMW and MB combined in recently published GT6 list (Out of 1200 cars). Thats not 'nearly as many as from Asia'. Far from it.

For example there are about 80 versions of Skyline (taking all generations). And that is only one model line from one manufacturer.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back