GT6 Official Car List Impressions/Thoughts

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 987 comments
Nearly 1200 cars and people are still saying "where's this car?....where's that car?".... JEEZ people!

1200 cars! Will anything EVER please you people?
It will always be like that. I think its the selection not the amount of. Less people would complain (I hope) if it was a diablo that made it in rather than a 355 or something, but its not, its a new vitz and rover instead of a 355...these are just random cars I picked

Don't want to be negative about the car list as there are some gems I was hoping for in it, but according to that list there's 124 new cars announced.

After quickly going through them...

- at least 23 of them are duplicates (only different liveries)
- at least 8 of them are updates to existing (standard) cars

I do expect them to announce more before the game is out though.

Other thoughts:

- The "Base Model"s are a good way to prevent a field of identical cars, if they are what I think they are. Identical to the livery version, but paintable.
- Anyone else think with those Pikes Peak cars now available there might be a Pikes Peak-DLC coming...?

Forza 4 has over 30 Ferraris, and Ive never heard anyone say thats too much or unbalanced. Im really tired of X popular car not making it into GT but instead a moon rover gets in. Really no excuse that we still have just 1 Ferrari racecar, from the 60s, and no F50, 355, 360, 333SP, 458GTE, etc. Not a single Ferrari from the 90s. Instead we get a few lesser known Ferraris from the 70s and 60s. I want to say "GT6 has a solid Ferrari collection or GT6 has a solid hyper car collection." But I cant. It made a big fuss of GT3 cars, then only included a handful.

Of course, the more Ferraris we get, more happier I will be, but we only got like 150 new cars, right? PD just works so slow :( We didnt even get a single new Maserati. No MC12, no GranTurismo Sport, no Ghibli or GranCoupe. We got no Zondas, only the Hyuara. So im fine with the Ferraris (Kaz choose them wisely IMO), other car brands got it way worse.

The flood of news is still overwhelming but the car omissions are pretty shocking.

giphy.gif

I think people complain when they list 15 versions of the same car model as a seperate car, same with the NASCAR Stock Cars, only difference is the paintjob but they are listed as seperate cars. Meanwhile iconic cars are missing, specifically an issue when some of those cars were in GT5 and were meant to be in GT6 (Ferrari F1 cars).

The La Ferrari and Mclaren P1 are the iconic hypercars of this point in time, they are a massive deal and all of the racing games are trying to get them, both Forza and Project Cars have the Mclaren P1. GT6 is the biggest racing game of all and it has neither. I'd put a bet that people would be more than willing to trade over hundreds of cars for a more high profile car list.

I'm not a Forza fanboy (infact I don't really like it), but they sure do have a much more focussed car list and produce some real quality stuff, they get the cars that people want. The Porsche licence for a start, and an arguably better selection of Ferrari's.

GT6 having the LaFerrari and the Mclaren P1 would sell copies, they are the poster cars of this generation.

This is a racing game and not only a game with hyper cars !

The Roover is the First Premium SUV ! GT was lacking there , finally we got One .

This is a racing game and not only a game with hyper cars !

The Roover is the First Premium SUV ! GT was lacking there , finally we got One .
No there is an abundant selection of non-hypercars....actually pretty much all of them?? Im confused by your statement. And yes...premium SUV is pretty cool, but IMO kinda jumping away a lot more from the racing side than the could be hypercars

No there is an abundant selection of non-hypercars....actually pretty much all of them?? Im confused by your statement. And yes...premium SUV is pretty cool, but IMO kinda jumping away a lot more from the racing side than the could be hypercars

I really dont think that PD's car list is "unbalanced". They made many Race cars , some hyper cars, Super Sport cars , Sport cars , "normal" cars. Old rare (race) cars, muscle cars... They have everything

But here are people like this: "I don't want sport cars , "normal" cars, muscle cars...i dont want any of them, i only want the hyper cars and new Ferraris.

Ps: i said in a earlier post that the car list is not final because the E 63 and A 45 is missing. Now i looked in the BMW list and the M5 F10 is missing too which was playable in a Demo !

Last edited:
I really dont think that PD's car list is "unbalanced". They made many Race cars , some hyper cars, Super Sport cars , Sport cars , "normal" cars. Old rare (race) cars, muscle cars... They have everything

But here are people like this: "I don't want sport cars , "normal" cars, muscle cars...i dont want any of them, i only want the hyper cars and new Ferraris.

The 3 Hypercars from Mclaren, Ferrari and Porsche are quite litterally groundbreaking cars that are a massive leap forward in technology and car development, they represent the future and they are a big deal. A Nissan Juke that my auntie drives or another 15 Nissan GT-Rs are not.

Have some perspective on the situation, there are enough sports cars, normal cars and muscle cars in the game. Infact the one thing the game is lacking is Hypercars. You have the Mclaren F1, the Bugatti Veyron and the Pagani Hyuara and that's it? So the only new Hypercar addition is the Pagani Hyuara.

Meanwhile, 4 new GT-Rs.

I wasn't disagreeing with your op necessarily, more so proving the point that there are more "regular" sports cars in the game. Not a bad thing but the inclusion of a few hyper cars would not be a mistake. The fact is, everyone wants Ferraris and Lambos because they make spectacular cars that are good for racing...and it is the majority of peoples dreams to own one of these one day. The selection of lesser cars are by far better than that of the latest and greatest hyper/supercars and can't be denied.

The 3 Hypercars from Mclaren, Ferrari and Porsche are quite litterally groundbreaking cars that are a massive leap forward in technology and car development, they represent the future and they are a big deal. A Nissan Juke that my auntie drives or another 15 Nissan GT-Rs are not.

Have some perspective on the situation, there are enough sports cars, normal cars and muscle cars in the game. Infact the one thing the game is lacking is Hypercars. You have what the Mclaren F1, the Bugatti Veyron and the Pagani Hyuara and that's it? So the only Hypercar addition is the Pagani Hyuara, if you want to push it then you can count the upgrade from standard to premium of the Veyron.

Meanwhile, 4 new GT-Rs.

You are right but still the car list is good. Many people like hyper cars but there are people who dont. And if you would ask me , the absolut hyper car of this Year is the new Pagani ! Not the New Ferrari McLaren or any of them.

Ps: 4 New GTR's ? Really ? Didnt knew that , ok then you are absolutly right. Ban the 4 GTR's and give us the New Pagani.

I think we should give PD a chance to clarify a few points first. 👍

I'm all for that but honestly, when did they do that lately? Clarifying ambiguous information is not something they, or rather Kaz, is famous for. I somehow doubt we'll have any more important info before people start getting their hands on early copies.

You are right but still the car list is good. Many people like hyper cars but there are people who dont. And if you would ask me , the absolut hyper car of this Year is the new Pagani ! Not the New Ferrari McLaren or any of them.
The Hyuara was released in 2012 and is an oldschool type Hypercar with a big V12 engine. The new cars from Ferrari/Mclaren/Porsche are much more advanced focussing on hybrid technology, all 3 of them will outperform the Hyuara in track capability and straightline speed aswell as fuel efficiency. They are statements of the future.

They aren't the same type of car. I think the Hyuara is great but its hour of glory has already passed, it is almost 2014 and the new breed of cars are apon us, the Hyuara has been around long enough to have been a GT5 DLC.

Ps: 4 New GTR's ? Really ? Didnt knew that , ok then you are absolutly right. Ban the 4 GTR's and give us the New Pagani.
They are just stating their complaints and opinions. Others whom are not fond of hyper cars probably didn't get the short end of the stick. I love all cars and want everything so I feel pretty neutral with the exception of cars that are not so ie: moon rover lol

I'm all for that but honestly, when did they do that lately? Clarifying ambiguous information is not something they, or rather Kaz, is famous for. I somehow doubt we'll have any more important info before people start getting their hands on early copies.
Of course, you are correct. I can understand why people complain, but it really doesn't help, because it causes even more confusion!

La
I think people complain when they list 15 versions of the same car model as a seperate car, same with the NASCAR Stock Cars, only difference is the paintjob but they are listed as seperate cars. Meanwhile iconic cars are missing, specifically an issue when some of those cars were in GT5 and were meant to be in GT6 (Ferrari F1 cars).

The La Ferrari and Mclaren P1 are the iconic hypercars of this point in time, they are a massive deal and all of the racing games are trying to get them, both Forza and Project Cars have the Mclaren P1. GT6 is the biggest racing game of all and it has neither. I'd put a bet that people would be more than willing to trade over hundreds of cars for a more high profile car list.

I'm not a Forza fanboy (infact I don't really like it), but they sure do have a much more focussed car list and produce some real quality stuff, they get the cars that people want. The Porsche licence for a start, and an arguably better selection of Ferrari's.

GT6 having the LaFerrari and the Mclaren P1 would sell copies, they are the poster cars of this generation.

Lack of the La Ferrari doesn't bother me at all. The FXX more than makes up for it. Schumy's lap of the Top Gear track in the FXX was amazing. Awesome car.

Discounting the duplicates and variations in the cars that are new to GT6, we are still talking almost 100 new cars. That is pretty good considering the original GT1 actually 'only' had about 100 or so real (not variations) cars, and at the time that was considered to be encyclopaedic compared to other titles.

A lot of people see GT as a 'racing game'. I don't think it is a racing game at all.... I see it more as a 'car collection experience'. The racing in GT has always been second fiddle to the library of cars.

• AI has always been poor
  • Very rarely does it attempt to mimic any form of authentic motorsport
  • Lots and lots of family based cars
  • etc etc

Am I the only one who thinks this way? I think that if you think of GT as a car collection game, it really is second to none. But.... if you think of it as a racing game, it really doesn't stand up very well compared to the competition.

Audio definately needs work though.... always been the low point of any GT title.... even more so than slow AI

A lot of people see GT as a 'racing game'. I don't think it is a racing game at all.... I see it more as a 'car collection experience'. The racing in GT has always been second fiddle to the library of cars.

• AI has always been poor
  • Very rarely does it attempt to mimic any form of authentic motorsport
  • Lots and lots of family based cars
  • etc etc

Am I the only one who thinks this way? I think that if you think of GT as a car collection game, it really is second to none. But.... if you think of it as a racing game, it really doesn't stand up very well compared to the competition.

Audio definately needs work though.... always been the low point of any GT title.... even more so than slow AI
I agree....gt5 AI was mediocre not poor imo though.

Edit: don't know if its been mentioned but the new NSX is in the trailer but not the list? What is up with that...makes me wonder if they are leaving some hidden gems for release. I should prob stop there before I get my hopes up

Last edited:
La

Lack of the La Ferrari doesn't bother me at all. The FXX more than makes up for it. Schumy's lap of the Top Gear track in the FXX was amazing. Awesome car.

Discounting the duplicates and variations in the cars that are new to GT6, we are still talking almost 100 new cars. That is pretty good considering the original GT1 actually 'only' had about 100 or so real (not variations) cars, and at the time that was considered to be encyclopaedic compared to other titles.

The FXX isn't a hypercar though, it's a non road-legal track/race car based on the Enzo, a car that was demolished by the Pagani Zonda R on the Top Gear track (another track/racing car that isn't road legal). If what we're led to believe is correct then both the Mclaren P1 and LaFerrari are roadcars that are capable of outclassing the Ferrari FXX on a track. The talk doing the rounds is that the Mclaren P1 did the Nurburgring in 6:47, which happens to be the time the Zonda R did.

That should put into perspective how insane these new hypercars are. Don't get me wrong, I'm greatful for some of the new additions such as the FXX, but GT6 is meant to be "with the times" and missing out all of the relevant hypercars is not excused by having a track car that was big news 8 years ago.

Yes, but I just don't see how you sell a game, much less the best Playstation exclusive, with the same cars from a previous generation of consoles, at the end of a next gen consoles life. GT7 better have a better refined and more comprehensive list of the best of all these great cars we have come to enjoy, but weed out those that are either never used or several of the same models.
Nearly 1200 cars and people are still saying "where's this car?....where's that car?".... JEEZ people!

1200 cars! Will anything EVER please you people?

I'm happy with the selection of cars in GT6 and I'm pretty sure at least 50 more cars will be added on the list till launch day.

There are a few good selections in there, but overall the amount of new cars seems rather low. Many brands that you would've thought to had more models included since GT5 simply don't. Where are the new street models for Audi, Volkswagen, Citroen, Daihatsu, Mitsubishi, and a few others?

Why waste time to model the useless Lunar Rover instead of the 2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse, 2013 Audi RS4 or even the highly wished for BMW M3 E30? It does make me wonder if they're purposely holding out on some cars to sell to us as DLC later on.

Last edited:
I'm happy with the selection of cars in GT6 and I'm pretty sure at least 50 more cars will be added on the list till launch day.
Woh..don't get too rambunctious. Like I said a min ago, maybe a few gems but don't get too excited...I won't complain but....

People, there will be more cars available at launch. Don't you worry about that.
I love the fact that they've put in 250 GTO & 288 GTO. Makes me wonder if there are any other GTO's still "hidden" from the public :)

Woh..don't get too rambunctious. Like I said a min ago, maybe a few gems but don't get too excited...I won't complain but....

I'm at least 97 % sure that there will be at least 50 more cars revealed at game launch. Let's keep our fingers crossed. You never know what will they hit us with Dec. 6th :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for posting so much, I'm just so excited and I can barely hold still :)
I've seen that there is no Nike car in the "list" of cars. I'm positive I've seen it in a video somewhere.

And I've noticed another thing that was probably already pointed out. A lot of cars from 124th on that list is Premium in GT5, so I'll bet my neighbours left pinky toe that they will be Premium in GT6 :)

656 McLaren MP4-12C ’10
658 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe ’54
663 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG ’08
676 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren ’09
678 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG ’10

and that's just a couple of them. There are at least 150 more :)

Sorry for posting so much, I'm just so excited and I can barely hold still :)
I've seen that there is no Nike car in the "list" of cars. I'm positive I've seen it in a video somewhere.

And I've noticed another thing that was probably already pointed out. A lot of cars from 124th on that list is Premium in GT5, so I'll bet my neighbours left pinky toe that they will be Premium in GT6 :)

656 McLaren MP4-12C ’10
658 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe ’54
663 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG ’08
676 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren ’09
678 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG ’10

and that's just a couple of them. There are at least 150 more :)
They don't say premium because PD is saying there (according to PD) is no longer distinctions made between the two. So yes I can only assume all premium gt5 cars will still be such. The cars with "6" next to them are just new to the series or standards made premium.

No BMW M3 E30 or E36...

Otherwise I am not so happy with the range of cars they picked.

Me? I'm actually pretty happy with the cars they've picked. Awesome to see the Quattro S1 Pikes Peak and the SX4 Monster Sport. I wonder if Michael Schumacher's FXX will appear as a option for paint...

Back