GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
Would've been far more interesting seeing a standing start leading up to a battle between Jordan and the AI.

Okay, my impressions on that video. It's beautiful. The lighting is great, the A.I. appears to be vastly improved as well. The sounds don't sound much different because almost the entire gameplay was in "bonnet view" so I only heard the transmission whine.

So looking forward to trying the new A.I!

If A-Spec AI is that level, there'll be folks moaning and groaning the AI is too...difficult. Imagine THAT!

Awesome. Now I'm just hoping this isn't just for Arcade mode with the AI up high.

Holy 🤬 that AI was fast. It was genuinly fighting for position!
Still a rather weird grid of cars though...

:D I know you guys are excited. But don't you think you're blowing things out of proportion a bit? Watch the video a few more times. The AI seems a bit more aggressive compared to GT5. And that's a good thing. But they still do not drive anything like real racing drivers, professional racing drivers, would drive in the real world on a real track.

The AI still:

- brake much too early
- sit at the apex
- stutter exiting the corner

It's very clear if you watch them. They still exist, in concept, more to slow you down, than they do to really race you wheel to wheel.

I'll reserve judgement until I've had a chance to play for a few hours. But from what I've seen, it looks like a modest improvement over GT5 rather than a revolutionary change.

I was impressed with that FTO! I was quite surprised at the shunt it gave Jordan. So looking forward to trying the new A.I!
Well that FTO should be naturally faster than a Scirocco. If you play Arcade Mode at max agresion in GT5 you can have similar results (when AI drive a faster car I mean). In fact SuperGT/JGTC cars were increasing the gap because they are just faster. It's when you are in similar spec cars that you understand if AI is competitive or not.

GIF by Gouda Jouji @ NeoGAF.

i1GX4oUS251iX.gif

Stats might not be exactly correct, but a quick google search resulted in these specs

Scirocco N24: 1120kg, 320HP
FTO Super Touring Car: 980kg, 423HP

The FTO seems much faster theoretically, so part of the AI keeping up may be to do with that.

Stats might not be exactly correct, but a quick google search resulted in these specs

Scirocco N24: 1120kg, 320HP
FTO Super Touring Car: 980kg, 423HP

The FTO seems much faster theoretically, so part of the AI keeping up may be to do with that.
Not "part" it has a LOT to do with that. Human driver were blocking a faster car.

Impressive Jordan, you had a blast out there on Ascari track, such a great track by the way

AI much better, no doubt, and for those saying FTO is much faster, yes it is but I do not remember the AI behaving like the FTO that is why I think it is much better.

However I would like to know the difficulty level and AI aggression for further judgment.

No hopes for these kind of AI on A-spec by the way but as I am one of those Arcade mode lovers...

I'm not impressed. FTO is much faster than the VW.

In GT5 happens the same if you drive a DTM car against LMP cars...

So let me get this straight, we start out being impressed that the AI didn't back down, and now we're complaining that it shouldn't be happening because one car should be faster than the other?

Come on people, seriously.

I love it how there are people in the GT community that can find something to complain about no matter how good the news is.

First, great videos Jordan! Second thing, I wanted to see the rest of the race! Of 4 laps total you had 2. Was there a time limit or max data? No one talked about the blind spot indicator either. Turning yellow when close to red when actually beside was great to see!

I have watched a huge amount of PS4 game footage recently and going bank to some current generation titles you can really see a difference. While you wouldn't mistake it for a next generation game it by no means gets blown away. It looks fantastic. I am seriously looking forward to it. In fact it is the only reason I'll be keeping my PS3 out after 29 Nov.

It has like 100+ more hp compared to the VW. Not to mention how they both manage to keep up with GT500 cars. Yeah, I'm not exactly impressed. Well, at least the AI doesn't roll over and play dead the moment you look at them.

I think the point is that the AI cars seem to race and not just drive around like some scared train.

I like the AI attitude of the FTO. But c'mon, that car should be fighting in the front pack and not with a car with less 100hp and more 100kg.

I recognize there are improvements but I'm being racional here.

We'll see the improvements December 6th.

:D I know you guys are excited. But don't you think you're blowing things out of proportion a bit? Watch the video a few more times. The AI seems a bit more aggressive compared to GT5. And that's a good thing. But they still do not drive anything like real racing drivers, professional racing drivers, would drive in the real world on a real track.

The AI still:

- brake much too early
- sit at the apex
- stutter exiting the corner

It's very clear if you watch them. They still exist, in concept, more to slow you down, than they do to really race you wheel to wheel.

I'll reserve judgement until I've had a chance to play for a few hours. But from what I've seen, it looks like a modest improvement over GT5 rather than a revolutionary change.

aaaaand there is always that one guy who wants to disagree with everyone

I like the AI attitude of the FTO. But c'mon, that car should be fighting in the front pack and not with a car with less 100hp and more 100kg.

I recognize there are improvements but I'm being racional here.

We'll see the improvements December 6th.
Maybe a bit too rational. To be honest it's borderline complaining. Just be happy the AI was scrapping it out with Jordan which is a HUGE step in the right direction. Let's get that out of the way first...

It doesn't matter if he was 100hp down, the track lends to itself the minimal passing. Not to mention there was only 2 laps shown. The FTO was balked early on and had to catch the Scirocco. Caught then passed @Jordan. He then made a good deep braking move into the chicane to reovertake the FTO. The DTM car and GT500 car were being held up by the BMW M3. Once past that car, the GT500 GTR was gone and moved up two places on the leaderboard to the right.

Back