GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
Feels like brake sensitivity has been adjusted (less sensitive). Noticeable with ABS 0, using G27.
Really have to plant my foot to get 100% braking, now it uses most of the pedal travel. Before update, only had to press it half way down for 100%.
I've noticed this for most cars since the Senna update. So it may or may not be new.

They didnt need to mess with the heavy vehicles like they did... Not an improvement at all.
If they made the effect of weight on speed more to match real life, is that really a bad thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
The signal lights are amazing... But this, this is scary!

In a certain 13 car field (guess which one), it was impossible for anyone behind 5th place to see well enough to drive before 1.09.

Now, though... With 1.09, I fear rain racing will be impossible! :scared:
Just raced LeMans (24 minute eduro) in the TS030. Driving in the spray was awesome! Ended up winning the race, by less than 5 seconds, from what I believe to be a lucky gamble running the racing medium tires and barely fueling the car enough to make it to the finish. Ran out literally exiting the final chicane. That was fun.

You guys are lucky. I can't go back on the PS-Triple for a whole week.

Think about it this way, by the time you get back people will have reached definitive conclusions on camber and the latest physics changes, there will be good setups for each of the new cars and the online lobbies will no longer be full of Toyota TS030s and Lotus 97Ts on racing softs, ramming eachother on the Red Bull Ring.

Think about it this way, by the time you get back people will have reached definitive conclusions on camber and the latest physics changes, there will be good setups for each of the new cars and the online lobbies will no longer be full of Toyota TS030s and Lotus 97Ts on racing softs, ramming eachother on the Red Bull Ring.

You have seen me drive haven't you

Noticed that on starts in Online race, my camera view jumps to Cockpit view. Not sure if this is from every view, but it was happening to me on Red Bull Ring in both the new Lexus CCS-R and the '14 Corvette.

Also had an issue where it said the R390 GT1 Road Car was tuned, when it wasn't. I reset everything (nothing changed), and it still said the car was tuned.

Not loving the McLaren F1 GTR's new base camber/toe set up, but it's not terrible to drive. Still, why change it?

Makes me wonder what else has changed.

That Toyota though. :sly:

Noticed that on starts in Online race, my camera view jumps to Cockpit view. Not sure if this is from every view, but it was happening to me on Red Bull Ring in both the new Lexus CCS-R and the '14 Corvette.

This has been happening to quite a few people for some reason.

Seems reasonable.

Has anyone done the X1 Standard championship since the update? Either they tweaked downforce or the suspension of the X1; they corner a lot harder at high speeds. I knocked off between 1 to 2.5 seconds off each track time just running like I normally do today.

For me the T500RS FFB changes dwarf everything else, even the new track. It's like a completely new wheel in feel now, and not necessarily for the better. Although the centering spring does seem to help me in terms of lap times.

I've written up my thoughts in the T500RS mega thread....

I've tried a mix of some cars I drive for fun (old muscle, pickup, minivan, couple of sleepers), one of my drift cars and my stock Ford GT40 Mk1. All of them seem snappier, I liked the progressive slip at the rear end before and could maintain nice, gentle angle powerslides, not anymore. All of the cars I tried suddenly want to let go now if I attempt a soft powerslide.

When driving the TS030, if you're using roof cam you can see the front tyres moving around under load, not exactly an undocumented change but it's cool to watch.

I hate those big green patches just outside the kerbs on some of the corners, especially the first and last. They offer as much grip as ice cubes.
Suzuka turns 1 and 2 on the left side...:scared:

Just raced LeMans (24 minute eduro) in the TS030. Driving in the spray was awesome! Ended up winning the race, by less than 5 seconds, from what I believe to be a lucky gamble running the racing medium tires and barely fueling the car enough to make it to the finish. Ran out literally exiting the final chicane. That was fun.

Done the same thing - won by just 2 seconds with the Pescarolo closing on me on last lap. 👍

What do you mean by "spray" ? Rain spray ? Wasn't that always in the game ?

Has anyone done the X1 Standard championship since the update? Either they tweaked downforce or the suspension of the X1; they corner a lot harder at high speeds. I knocked off between 1 to 2.5 seconds off each track time just running like I normally do today.

Yes, stock X2014 Standards come with camber settings, and those work now thanks to 1.09.
At high speed, high load cornering, having camber will increase your cornering speed. Much stable.

BUT, at low speed, low load cornering, having camber will decrease your cornering speed and is less stable.

So, high speed tracks like Silverstone, Monza, Fuji, and Spa will benefit from hefty camber angles,
but with low speed technical tracks like London, Eiger and Tsukuba, less or no camber should be quicker.

For high speed technical hybrids like Nurburgring Nordeschleife and Suzuka, well, camber tuning will be
interesting...Balancing between low/high load camber settings.

Edit: Forgot to add, having lots of downforce increases the load, so high load camber settings should work on low speed tracks as well, on cars like the 2J and X1 fan cars. Maybe even F1 cars and LMP/Group C too.

Last edited:
So if you have achieved first place in a race - go back and race it and get a lower position and tell me what it shows "your record" in the menu (under super/international a/etc). Just won LeMans, then went back in to try for a second victory - failed to do so and got second place. Low and behold, shows a silver medal now...? I have platinumed GT6 including the Senna content - this surely has to be an unforeseen glitch eh?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    596 KB · Views: 10
So if you have achieved first place in a race - go back and race it and get a lower position and tell me what it shows "your record" in the menu (under super/international a/etc). Just won LeMans, then went back in to try for a second victory - failed to do so and got second place. Low and behold, shows a silver medal now...? I have platinumed GT6 including the Senna content - this surely has to be an unforeseen glitch eh?
I saw that in my career quite a while ago. This works for Seasonals as well. You can actually win the Drift Seasonals over and over and over, getting paid each time if you do it correctly.

Back