GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
Well this is just my luck. My PS3 won't download the update. It stops at 82% and gives me the 80710723 error. -_- Maybe if I wait until later...

I get the same thing if I don't plug directly into the modem, it's the router that causes me issues.
Hth

It's not in the OP, haven't seen anything about it yet.

Willow Springs has way more shrubbery along the track edge now. I noticed it straight away, but can definitely confirm as going into turn 3, I used to brake when adjacent to a tiny bush that stood on it's own about 30 meters before the corner. Now there's dozens of them there.

Also, I don't understand how water spray is new, it's always been there hasn't it? The further off the racing/dry line you went, the more slippery it became and the more spray the tires kicked up. If that's what is being refered to, it's been like that for a long time. I'll do a wet race though to see if you guys are on about something different.

Also, I don't understand how water spray is new, it's always been there hasn't it? The further off the racing/dry line you went, the more slippery it became and the more spray the tires kicked up. If that's what is being refered to, it's been like that for a long time. I'll do a wet race though to see if you guys are on about something different.
I could be wrong on this, but I think it was a glitch that mostly, if not only, effected the Nurburgring. It has been a long while since I did Rain Masters or the N-24min though.

New Lexus on the new track:

10492470_10202322657013464_7146762967111681365_n.jpg

I could be wrong on this, but I think it was a glitch that mostly, if not only, effected the Nurburgring. It has been a long while since I did Rain Masters or the N-24min though.

Nope, water spray has definitely been there for a long time. Here's one of McClarenDesign's videos from a few months ago. Skip to about 15:00 into the video where the track surface was getting really wet.

Edit: Unless this bug is about the offline 24 minute race specifically.

Last edited:
New Lexus on the new track:

10492470_10202322657013464_7146762967111681365_n.jpg

Great shot, I know people often complain about damage in GT6, but you have to admit it's come on leaps and bounds since 5. Personally I think panel damage and scratches look great as long as they're minor.

Note About in-game install:

Someone asked why there is a huge install time once in-game after doing a quick install outside of the game.

My theory is that this is related to the "slight PP recalculation" reported by members and also related to the fact that some physics changes have caused the game to need to change default settings on cars.

Think about that. When you click " refresh thumbnail pictures" from your garage, it has to go through and create another picture of every car you've chosen to do the operation for. This install is very likely (IMO) going through every car and changing some settings and recalculating PP where appropriate. That would take a long time, and I can think of no other reason for the long in-game install.

The out of game install is simply copying files from one packaged download to your game-data files. That's pretty quick. Copy and replace where appropriate. Simple. the in-game has to actually figure out a list of work to do and then perform hundreds if not thousands of tiny tasks, amounting to one huge task.

From what I know, this is veyr likely to be true, but I don't pretend to have any inside knowledge here...

It's not in the OP, haven't seen anything about it yet.

Willow Springs has way more shrubbery along the track edge now. I noticed it straight away, but can definitely confirm as going into turn 3, I used to brake when adjacent to a tiny bush that stood on it's own about 30 meters before the corner. Now there's dozens of them there.

Indeed, Big Willow has more shrubbery.

I just wanted to add that the H pattern and clutch still have the bug where you cant use them with custom trannys, not sure if I'm late to the punch.

I believe that's not a bug, it is that way by design as that type of gearbox would not use a clutch in real life.

Ok first off the people that say the camber is extreme(1.5/3.5) have not done the simplest thing. Hit the reset button:idea:
I did this to a few cars and it went from 1.5/3.5 too 0.5/1.5 so that's that, on the extreme camber. Just my observations, don't bust my balls.

As far as the new physics being better... I did the 60's 500pp TT with the GT-40 like everyone else.
Now I'll admit I'm not the best driver but I usually run about the same times as the people on my Friends list.

So after the reset of the suspension, I didnt touch it after that, I improved my time by over a second!!

I'm sure it has something to do with the "improved physics of rear heavy cars" but man this is the best its felt to me ever!

Now about the track and cars, all I can say is sweeeeetttt!!! Id rather have 5 unannounced items then 1 announced item that gets delayed and delayed and delayed.*cough course maker cough*

It also amazes me how it seems some people just cant be pleased. Like they say in prison, "Expect the worst and hope for the best, till then, hurry up and wait."

Off to see how the new physics effect Drag Racing, later...

Another thing that I have noticed about Willow Springs is that the Anti Aliasing has been improved. Previously, when coming around the final bend, there always used to be a black line that zipped along the fence, which almost looked like someone was racing along in the dirt in the distance, that has now gone.

Another change is that all 16 driver names/cars are displayed in the player list now during a replay, though it still only displays 7 during the actual race.

If it's not been mentioned earlier in the thread, the lighting in the Nurb 24min race has also been improved and also there is now water spray on that race when it rains but that's been mentioned earlier.

If camber is working properly now then every car in the game should be easier to drive.
Not every car needs additional camber and so you may actually be hurting a car's performance by adding it. Camber is a setting that works in conjunction with every other suspension setting, and there is no perfect one size fits all solution, just as with so many other things.

Camber Report

Car used: Ruf BTR

Tire: Sport Hard

Track: Nordschleife / Online(free run)

I already had this tune so i just set the camber to 0.0, front and back, and started testing. No lap times were recorded, driving pleasure was used as reference.

0.0 Front / 0.0 Rear

-The car was very unstable, holding the rear was difficult and driving was stressful.

0.0 Front / 0.4 Rear

-Things started to get better, the car was more progressive.

0.0 Front / 0.8 Rear

-Holding the slide was easier, the car felt more forgiving at the limit.

0.6 Front / 1.2 Rear

-Happy man behind the wheel of a BTR, attacking the ring like a maniac.
I read this over in the Camber Theory thread and had to stop by and say, I love that last line. :lol:

Totally Priceless!:D

Could be worse, I need to work for another 3 days before I get home to my PS3...
Ouch!! I'm done for the week. Watching some cartoons with the kid now, but in about 1,5-2 hours...:D

I just wanted to add that the H pattern and clutch still have the bug where you cant use them with custom trannys, not sure if I'm late to the punch.
As far as I know, the FC Transmission works with the clutch in premium cars, but not in the standards :boggled: I've tried it in my Audi RS6 Avant '08, Supra '97, Volvo 240 Estate and the Nissan Silvia S13 (the premium one). The FC transmission worked in the Audi and S13, but not in the Supra or Volvo. I tried it in some other cars too, but these are the ones that I remember from the top of my head.

If it's not been mentioned earlier in the thread, the lighting in the Nurb 24min race has also been improved and also there is now water spray on that race when it rains but that's been mentioned earlier.

How exactly is lightning improved there?

Also, I'm a little confused about the water spray thing: I did an arcade race on the Nürburgring Nordschleife with 9 other Lotus F1s on rain yesterday. There DEFINITELY was spray.
Although I did an A-Spec race with 14 or 16 cars on Nürburging 24h some time ago and there was no rain spray indeed.

When driving the TS030, if you're using roof cam you can see the front tyres moving around under load, not exactly an undocumented change but it's cool to watch.

View attachment 172735
I hate the little yellow raised bump in the apex of turn 2 at the Red Bull Ring...

I hate those big green patches just outside the kerbs on some of the corners, especially the first and last. They offer as much grip as ice cubes.

No-spray affected only Nurburgring 24h, GP, GPD, TypeV ...Now is fixed.

Last edited:
Oh, weird.

People on the camber thread say camber increases grip at high speed compared to 0/0 but you lose out on slow corners.
I think this is so far due to only having added camber to an existing tune as opposed to working it in with other settings. I'm pretty sure it will give an overall benefit when the cars are re-tuned to work with the camber added into the mix. But time will tell.

Back